Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (22623 Views)

Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / Why Yoruba Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by dammy13(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2018
Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister, on Wednesday, said the time was right for Yorubas to demand the breakup of Nigeria and creation of Oduduwa Republic.

He noted that the current killings allegedly being perpetrated by armed herdsmen was an indication that Yorubas must call for secession.

In a series of tweets, the former Minister stressed that people of the South West could no longer be part of Nigeria because President Muhammadu Buhari allegedly opposes restructuring.

Fani-Kayode wrote: “Any Fulani man that refuses to openly and unequivocally condemn the slaughter, ethnic cleansing and mass murder of Middle Belters, southerners and other Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen is no friend of mine. As a matter of fact such a person is a mortal enemy.

“Thank God that I am Yoruba. I was born Yoruba and I will die Yoruba. ‘Omo karo jire ni mi!’ And with the way things are going in Nigeria, I think that it is about time for the Yoruba to exercise their right of self-determination and consider the establishment of Oduduwa Republic.

“We cannot remain in a country where the President encourages and supports mass murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing, where he says “no” to restructuring and where the life of a cow is worth more than the life of a human being. There is no fellowship between light and darkness!”

http://kikiotolu.com/why-yourbas-must-demand-oduduwa-republic-fani-kayode/

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Wantedmiller: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2018
Cage opened...... Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Africonji: 8:43am On Jun 28, 2018
Afonja cowards like to make a lot of mouth. If he is serious, Fanin Kayode should champion the agitation for Yoruba republic like Mazi Kanu did or he should keep quiet and stop disturbing us. angry

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by DrGoodman: 8:43am On Jun 28, 2018
Inlaw, you all missed the opportunity when The Ikemba fought the caliphate. You ganged up with the north to beat down the oppressed.

Your people need to start the war now, then other tribes can choose which aide to support grin

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by phase1: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2018
An enemy of the Yoruba Muslim retards.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2018
Cyynthialove:
We Christian/Progressive Yorubas have been agitating for ododuwa, but fanatical Yoruba mozlems have sworn with their lives to be sabotaging it just because of their allegiance to the caliphate.
And my question is,...Is the caliphate more important than the interest of yorubas ?. This will tell you that average Yoruba mozlem place religion ist before the interest of yorubas .The same people will jump to your mention and be shouting "Yoruba is Yoruba" even when its obvious that there is difference between light and darkness.
When Adeyinka Grandson was agitating for Oduduwa, 78 Yoruba mozlems went to report him to the caliphate for trying to separate them from their Fulani masters. I even stated it clear on my profile..." Show me a Yoruba Muslim supporting Oduduwa and I will show you a pregnant Virgin"

Yoruba mozlems hate when their activities are being exposed, but I Cyynthialove don't give a damn about their wailing no matter how they jump on my mention to stop me.
They are dragging yorubas and southerners backwards and they are disgrace to entire Yoruba race .
But we must continue no matter how they struggle to pull us down.

Many people here on Nairaland definitely knows that you are not yoruba... 90% of your comments here is all about dividing yorubas on religion line which yourself knew that your tactics doesn't sell...
We Yorubas are known to be the most tolerating, accommodating and harmonious
tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria, especially when it comes to religion.

playing up the differences between the groups won't work oga. We can fight ourselves when it comes to money,property, leadership, politics, or land matters,but religious crisis has never occurred in Yorubaland.Yorubas are Yorubas irrespective of their religious differences.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by debaj10: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2018
ehn, shey na corpratif?
isok na.
bababubu wii sopot.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by owneebeghjou: 9:02am On Jun 28, 2018
I always don't understand why people cannot just make an objective comment. The basis for the speech of this man is to stop incessant killings and find a final solution to a situation which now seems a constant menace and it can't be overemphasized.

It poses a threat to national unity and it has to be addressed urgently. Cast hate and tribalism off your mind for a short while!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2018
No they wont....na to be running about igbo threads, creating igbo threads, masturbating on igbo issues.....instead of yearning for their own as FFK said.....always begging for unity....

FFK is just a rare breed in yorubaland.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2018
phase1:
An enemy of the Yoruba Muslim retards.
Yorubas are Yorubas irrespective of their religious differences....

15 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Ikenna0b: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2018
DrGoodman:
Inlaw, you all missed the opportunity when The Ikemba fought the caliphate. You ganged up with the north to beat down the oppressed.

Your people need to start the war now, then other tribes can choose which aide to support grin

Africonji:
Afonja cowards like to make a lot of mouth. If he is serious, Fanin Kayode should champion the agitation for Yoruba republic like Mazi Kanu did or he should keep quiet and stop disturbing us. angry

If you guys have been to Benin republic especially the parts where Yorubas reside in that country despite their City being used as the capital of that country, you'll know exactly why Yorubas are terrified of oduduwa republic. Just like the North is very much aware that without Nigeria, they ain't shit, the Afonjas are also aware of it too about themselves. The only difference is the North is humble enough to admit it while Afinjas stays creating propaganda left and right to uplift their damaged egos. Hell I always always urge people to visit Benin republic if you truly what to see the capability of Afonjas without free oil from Niger delta. When I visited Porto-Novo, I sat in my hotel some days wondering how come the people that repeatedly claimed to have been the ones that developed Lagos, not the FG and others how come they did not do the same for Porto Novo despite Porto Novo had similar environment like Lagos. Honestly, reminded me of the images of Ibadan people use on this forum to mock them. The only difference is Porto Novo had few good building in between the brown roof dumpy looking buildings. Honestly, the Afonjas would never seek sovereignty. Quote me on that.

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by horsepower101: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2018
Ikenna0b:

If you guys have been to Benin republic especially the parts where Yorubas reside in that country despite their City being used as the capital of that country, you'll know exactly why Yorubas are terrified of oduduwa republic. Just like the North is very much aware that without Nigeria, they ain't shit, the Afonjas are also aware of it too about themselves. The only difference is the North is humble enough to admit it while Afinjas stays creating propaganda left and right to uplift their damaged egos. Hell I always always urge people to visit Benin republic if you truly what to see the capability of Afonjas without free oil from Niger delta. When I visited Porto-Novo, I sat in my hotel some days wondering how come the people that repeatedly claimed to have been the ones that developed Lagos, not the FG and others how come they did not do the same for Porto Novo despite Porto Novo had similar environment like Lagos. Honestly, reminded me of the images of Ibadan people use on this forum to mock them. The only difference is Porto Novo had few good building in between the brown roof dumpy looking buildings. Honestly, the Afonjas would never seek sovereignty. Quote me on that.

Everything you said is fact.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Seceding or even separatist activity needs a lot of backbone.

Yorubas don't have an Ojukwu that can secede and neither do they have an Nnamdi Kanu's who can take up separatist activity.

All they have is their mouth to talk too much with no action.

Yorubas are not freedom fighters, so what is best for Yorubas is to stay in Nigeria and keep begging the caliphate for restructuring. Besides this, I don't see any other future for Yorubas.

Slavery

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Here they go.
It's funny when an igbo man is trying to divide yorubas along religious line ..

12 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Here they go.

7 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by horsepower101: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

Nobody is dividing anyone. Yorubas are already divided.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:
Seceding or even separatist activity needs a lot of backbone.

Yorubas don't have an Ojukwu that can secede and neither do they have an Nnamdi Kanu's who can take up separatist activity.

All they have is their mouth to talk too much with no action.

Yorubas are not freedom fighters, so what is best for Yorubas is to stay in Nigeria and keep begging the caliphate for restructuring. Besides this, I don't see any other future for Yorubas.

Slavery

The igbos that have ojukwu and kanu with high spirit of freedom fighting are still in Nigeria today.. So what exactly is your point? Ojukwu and kanu didn't achieve anything buh killing of their people....

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2018
horsepower101:

Nobody is dividing anyone. Yorubas are already divided.
Are you the one that divide Us?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by 7lives: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

Many people here on Nairaland definitely knows that you are not yoruba... 90% of your comments here is all about dividing yorubas on religion line which yourself knew that your tactics doesn't sell...

playing up the differences between the groups won't work oga. We can fight ourselves when it comes to money,property, leadership, politics, or land matters,but religious crisis has never occurred in Yorubaland.Yorubas are Yorubas irrespective of their religious differences.

If ONLY they KNOW who we are, they will NEVER try to mess with OUR MINDS.
Omo Oduduwa are HOT, we are on FIRE..
See them opening USELESS threads up on down on Nairaland, everywhere on cyberspace, wailing crying and mopping..
If ONLY they can understand that agbajo owo la fi nso aya, owo kan ko gbe eru de ori.
They want Yoruba Muslims to hate Buhari and so ignore Oshinbajo that's beside him, ala ti ko le se.
Awon were, Yoruba will TEACH THEM ANOTHER BITTER LESSON IN 2019.
God bless Oshinbajo, PMB, SAI Baba till 2023.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Yorubas generally have no sense of self determination that goes beyond restructuring.

That's why the average Yoruba man still thinks that Ojukwu was a fool to fight for the freedom of his people while they praise Awolowo for hiding under Gowons skirt.

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Blackfire(m): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2018
Igbos looking at Yorubas now like...

Hjsjsjjskkskssjshssggdhju
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

The igbos that have ojukwu and kanu with high spirit of freedom fighting are still in Nigeria today.. So what exactly is your point? Ojukwu and kanu didn't achieve anything buh killing of their people....

My point is that Ojukwu and Kanu have done far more than.sny Yoruba man can ever do to liberate their people. So If Ojukwu and Kanu took action and failed, it certainly won't be Yorubas ,who are only good at talking, that will succeed

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by horsepower101: 9:41am On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

Are you the one that divide Us?

No I don’t intend to divide any group but I speak from reality. There is a deep religious divide among Yorubas and it’s becoming very difficult to hide.

In the past before social media, it was easy to use Lagos Ibadan media to hide it.

Just like it was easy to hide the underperformance in education in the south west.

But today is becoming very obvious. Deny it all you want but the reality will not change regardless of your denial.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Neoteny(m): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2018
FFK thrives in entropy.

He's one of the political beneficiaries of this unrest.

And he's been fanning the flames since 2014...

3 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

My point is that Ojukwu and Kanu have done far more than.sny Yoruba man can ever do to liberate their people. So If Ojukwu and Kanu took action and failed, it certainly won't be Yorubas ,who are only good at talking, that will succeed

My question to you is this, what is the essence of wasting lives without achieving your aim? You know how many lives ojukwu wasted .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2018
horsepower101:

No I don’t intend to divide any group but I speak from reality. There is a deep religious divide among Yorubas and it’s becoming very difficult to hide.

In the past before social media, it was easy to use Lagos Ibadan media to hide it.

Just like it was easy to hide the underperformance in education in the south west.

But today is becoming very obvious. Deny it all you want but the reality will not change regardless of your denial.

lol! You know yorubas more than yorubas themselves shea? Ohk .. Yorubas are divided, is that not what you wanna hear?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by izombie(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

sorry to say this but this is no longer time to tolerate or accomodate nonsense. Igbos have made it clear that they will retaliate if igbos are attacked anywhere in the country. Where do yorubas stand? Please don't say one nigeria because there is only fulani nigeria.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Movic1(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2018
izombie:
sorry to say this but this is no longer time to tolerate or accomodate nonsense. Igbos have made it clear that they will retaliate if igbos are attacked anywhere in the country. Where do yorubas stand? Please don't say one nigeria because there is only fulani nigeria.

Really? Do you also read it anywhere that yoruba will sleep whenever yorubas are attacked anywhere in the country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Tarzan360(m): 10:12am On Jun 28, 2018
He is trying to talk some sense into his people but the problem is they will always be see him as a betrayer or not in position to speak for them, but i understand his point nothing like freedom instead of living with animals in human skin

12 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Xander85: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

The key thing is that they didn't roll over and accept any shi't the fulani 'owners of Nigeria' tried with them....they put up a fight, no matter what you may think of their efforts and the end result!

If at least two other ethnic groups had individuals with the guts of Ikemba and Mazi kanu to seek for the emancipation of their people from this prison we're in, and more importantly, if they equally had the kind of mass following these two men had, then i bet you things will change overnight b'cos the northern oligarchs will realise the game is up and it's either they agree to restructuring or they loose everything!

But i suspect the Yoruba prefer being in Nigeria than going it alone as a independent and free Oduduwa nation. They don't have that self-belief that they can succeed as a people on their own without Nigeria and all the advantages they think they have by being Nigerians. With the likes of Tinubu being their leader, you can just perish the thought of Oduduwa nationalism and any thoughts of emancipation of the Yoruba ethnic group! They'll tell you they 'don't need any emancipating thank you very much' that you should mind your effing business! They'll tell you that what Nigeria needs is Buhari, APC, and to kill corruption....once these three factors are in place then everything will be fine! smiley

23 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anambra At 25: Obiano To Commission Flyover Bridges At Anniversary (photos) / APC Governors' Forum To Sack Okorocha For Incompetence / IG Keeps Mum After Meeting Osinbajo, AGF, DSS Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.