Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (22557 Views)

Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / Why Yoruba Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by baby124: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

It's not possible to push people who have no fight in them
Your fight is through your fingers on NL. So which fight are you talking about?
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Dreadful: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
FFK I respect you a lot but don't ever say that again. Yorubas must stay with their husbands the Hausa/Fulanis till death do them part.

6 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Moneywomen17:
which tribe has been more admitted into university according to the most available recent jamb statistics is it ibo or is it not the same Yoruba.

This ur argument is totally lame and myopic.

4 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oblang:

Go to any Yoruba town during sallah or any Muslim festival and see how the Christian yorubas rejoice and exchange gift with them and vice versa...

I need a more efficient lie detector.

5 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by joenor(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
is ok, it's been Noted.
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Oblang(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I need a more efficient lie detector.

Which lie? There is no religious crisis of any kind in Yoruba land. Not when as a christian, u have a cousin or uncle who is a Muslim..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
This flat-heads can be funny. They claim Yoruba people are always in their Biafra thread but what are they doing in Yoruba thread? Is that not hypocrisy? One eddiot was even callin Nnamdi kanu a brave. The same Nnamdi cownu that was shyting on his pant when the military surrounded his house? Where is Nnamdi cownu today? The agitation just died like that after Nnamdi the coward flee to Ghana. Bloody cowards that love claiming to be brave. History shows that ibos are not brave but cowards that love to brag

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by JakesAy: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
I just think we should split.... Nigeria isnt working.. and some people think they are born to rule......... We should split abeg.. We shouldnt allow these cows get to south west.... Just saw vid of the Plateau killings and its terrible....

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by kayjay69(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
You are right and You are wrong. I'll explain. I am Yoruba and I have often agreed with FFK that for us an ethnic group to really realise our potential we need to depart from this current arrangement called Nigeria.
The problem with my people as I see it is that I am not even sure if we know what we want. I think we are just content to exist and are happy to be given whatever. I think Awolowo (great as he was in the minds of many sentiments aside go figure if in doubt) missed a very important opportunity to atleast have Nigeria restructed (all I've read points to this).

Truth be told as much as I am Yoruba and do not agree with some of what Nnamdi Kanu says (especially against Yorubas) I think most of his message is actually true and he's been proven right even in his abscene. It is quite unfortunate that due to politics SW and SE can't unite to break the backs of these bastard Northern Islamic Fundamentalists whom we Southerners have zero in common with.

I have said and I'll continue to say until the South unites against this Fulani North, not to confront them in war, but to defeat their purpose of keeping this current entity called Nigeria, we all will know little or no progress and change. A country is only a country if they people within it share certain core values and are by and large homogenous. Can we say same for Nigeria? I don't think so.

Xander85:

The key thing is that they didn't roll over and accept any shi't the fulani 'owners of Nigeria' tried with them....they put up a fight, no matter what you may think of their efforts and the end result!

If at least two other ethnic groups had individuals with the guts of Ikemba and Mazi kanu to seek for the emancipation of their people from this prison we're in, and more importantly, if they equally had the kind of mass following these two men had, then i bet you things will change overnight b'cos the northern oligarchs will realise the game is up and it's either they agree to restructuring or they loose everything!

But i suspect the Yoruba prefer being in Nigeria than going it alone as a independent and free Oduduwa nation. They don't have that self-belief that they can succeed as a people on their own without Nigeria and all the advantages they think they have by being Nigerians. With the likes of Tinubu being their leader, you can just perish the thought of Oduduwa nationalism and any thoughts of emancipation of the Yoruba ethnic group! They'll tell you they 'don't need any emancipating thank you very much' that you should mind your effing business! They'll tell you that what Nigeria needs is Buhari, APC, and to kill corruption....once these three factors are in place then everything will be fine! smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Moneywomen17:
can u compare any place in ibo land with Porto novo despite the fact Benin republic is a poor country. Meanwhile Porto novo is only Benin republic capital in name the actual seat of government is Cotonou and every development made by the government is always in Cotonou and in the Cotonou itself in the city there is a lot of Yoruba of Benin living and doing business there cuz yoruba of Benin are the traders in Benin unlike Nigeria Yoruba. Where did u go to in Porto novo tell me.
That illiterate ibo eddiot always talk about porto novo like he has been there before. I once asked him if he has been there but he kept mute

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by kalu61(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

My question to you is this, what is the essence of wasting lives without achieving your aim? You know how many lives ojukwu wasted .
He that repeat the same experiment and expecting a different results is a "fool" What was all the talking and agreement reached in Aburi resulted to? The status quo is lopsided and Ojukwu tried something differently. What have the Yorubas tried differently order that playing second fiddle to the caliphate like our commissioner: Osibanjo. Obj was sleeping when Atiku was running the country until it was down on him like wise Tinubu believes Buhari will head over power to him. Abiola, his wife, kuti were all killed what did Yoruba's do? Ojukwu didn't just sit and watch his people slaughtered without giving a fight.

ls better die fighting than die on my knees

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oblang:

Which lie? There is no religious crisis of any kind in Yoruba land. Not when as a christian, u have a cousin or uncle who is a Muslim..

there is a pure religious crisis...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Princedapace(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Movic1:

My question to you is this, what is the essence of wasting lives without achieving your aim? You know how many lives ojukwu wasted .

Do u know how many lives wasted for not even fighting?

Just sit down and calculate how many lives wasted since the inception of fulaniherdsmen clash, Boko Haram, avoidable road accidents, hunger, robbery, poor health care, etc.

My brother, hope u know that Nigeria loses an average of 4000 people per month? Last month, about 2000 plus died as a result of road accidents. That is the figure FG provided.. Im sure it is more than that..

when u add numbers killed by fulani, boko haram, hunger, robbers, kidnappers, etc, it means that between 3500 to 500 nigerians die every month.. Now, sit down and calculate it for decades.

U see, i respect a man who fights.. i dont care if he wins or not..

If only westerners saw what Ojukwu saw, we wouldnt have been in this mess..

Now, Kanu came up again, the best would have been to support him.. But we failed again..

Southern nigeria is funny. A very talented region like southern Nigeria keeps allowing northern nigeria to drag her back..

Whether u fight or not, more Nigerias would be killed.. only a coward dies several times before his death.

Our citizens will continue to wallow in prisons outside nigeria because they keep running away from hardship, our citizens will continue to be gang raped in Libya becus they want to run away from frustration, our citizens will continue to go into fraud becus hunger too much, our citizens will continue to die as a result of avoidable death becus the govt doesnt care..

if u like, stay online and laugh at Ojukwu and Kanu, 100 percent of what they said are truth..

Over 80 million nigerians are poor now.. And we give birth any how... by 2050, when nigeria must have over taken USA in population, the number of poor people eh, na humans Nigerians go dey eat..

Make i hint u: run from Nigeria if u can...

since southern Nigeria can never ever get sense to unite and pull out from this useless structure called Nigeria, run from it if u can..

Poverty and hardship makes the poor to eat the rich. As for ur leaders, their kids are already abroad, they also have diplomatic passports, they can fly away at any time.. Na poor man go still die las las.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by EternalTruths: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ikenna0b:

If you guys have been to Benin republic especially the parts where Yorubas reside in that country despite their City being used as the capital of that country, you'll know exactly why Yorubas are terrified of oduduwa republic. Just like the North is very much aware that without Nigeria, they ain't shit, the Afonjas are also aware of it too about themselves. The only difference is the North is humble enough to admit it while Afinjas stays creating propaganda left and right to uplift their damaged egos. Hell I always always urge people to visit Benin republic if you truly what to see the capability of Afonjas without free oil from Niger delta. When I visited Porto-Novo, I sat in my hotel some days wondering how come the people that repeatedly claimed to have been the ones that developed Lagos, not the FG and others how come they did not do the same for Porto Novo despite Porto Novo had similar environment like Lagos. Honestly, reminded me of the images of Ibadan people use on this forum to mock them. The only difference is Porto Novo had few good building in between the brown roof dumpy looking buildings. Honestly, the Afonjas would never seek sovereignty. Quote me on that.

FACT.

Afonjas know that they can't achieve success outside Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Billygee2u: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
DrGoodman:
Inlaw, you all missed the opportunity when The Ikemba fought the caliphate. You ganged up with the north to beat down the oppressed.

Your people need to start the war now, then other tribes can choose which side to support grin
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by almayda: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
FFK,when you were in power,boko haram had a field day killing and maiming,this same headsmen were killing,i still remember Agatu in benue state,you did not call for Oduduwa rebublic,the reason being,you were feeding fat on our money as minister.Now that the largess has stopped flowing,you are calling for secession,only gullible minds will take you serious honestly.
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by goaldynboy: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ikenna0b:

If you guys have been to Benin republic especially the parts where Yorubas reside in that country despite their City being used as the capital of that country, you'll know exactly why Yorubas are terrified of oduduwa republic. Just like the North is very much aware that without Nigeria, they ain't shit, the Afonjas are also aware of it too about themselves. The only difference is the North is humble enough to admit it while Afinjas stays creating propaganda left and right to uplift their damaged egos. Hell I always always urge people to visit Benin republic if you truly what to see the capability of Afonjas without free oil from Niger delta. When I visited Porto-Novo, I sat in my hotel some days wondering how come the people that repeatedly claimed to have been the ones that developed Lagos, not the FG and others how come they did not do the same for Porto Novo despite Porto Novo had similar environment like Lagos. Honestly, reminded me of the images of Ibadan people use on this forum to mock them. The only difference is Porto Novo had few good building in between the brown roof dumpy looking buildings. Honestly, the Afonjas would never seek sovereignty. Quote me on that.

Words on Marble! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by LZAA: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
dammy13:
Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister, on Wednesday, said the time was right for Yorubas to demand the breakup of Nigeria and creation of Oduduwa Republic.

He noted that the current killings allegedly being perpetrated by armed herdsmen was an indication that Yorubas must call for secession.

In a series of tweets, the former Minister stressed that people of the South West could no longer be part of Nigeria because President Muhammadu Buhari allegedly opposes restructuring.

Fani-Kayode wrote: “Any Fulani man that refuses to openly and unequivocally condemn the slaughter, ethnic cleansing and mass murder of Middle Belters, southerners and other Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen is no friend of mine. As a matter of fact such a person is a mortal enemy.

“Thank God that I am Yoruba. I was born Yoruba and I will die Yoruba. ‘Omo karo jire ni mi!’ And with the way things are going in Nigeria, I think that it is about time for the Yoruba to exercise their right of self-determination and consider the establishment of Oduduwa Republic.

“We cannot remain in a country where the President encourages and supports mass murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing, where he says “no” to restructuring and where the life of a cow is worth more than the life of a human being. There is no fellowship between light and darkness!”

http://kikiotolu.com/why-yourbas-must-demand-oduduwa-republic-fani-kayode/

Sarkin,sarrki,Alariiwo and Roger3D wee not like this grin grin
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3

3 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Who Will Bell The Cat ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
limeta:
Yoruba are Yoruba as long as the Muslim Yoruba ha e the upper hand
Flat-headed, yam legged, hairy ibo girl, what is your business with Yoruba? They swear for una? Where is the coward called Nnamdi cownu? I guess he ran to Ghana. Focus on your Biafra agitation. You Igbos should Leave Yoruba out of it. We are not in any way. We don't share any similarity with flat-heads from erosion ravaged red mud land.
Got it?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
shakmati:

What did Mazu Kanu do? Organise a circus that ended with a python dance? Please if that is what you call agitation, let us just manage with the herdsmen until 2019 as long as they have not reached our villages in the SW.
Imagine those ibo cowards calling Nnamf kanu and ojukwu brave? What did those animals achieve? Today nobody know Nnamdi cownu is.

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by goaldynboy: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

Yorubas generally have no sense of self determination that goes beyond restructuring.

That's why the average Yoruba man still thinks that Ojukwu was a fool to fight for the freedom of his people while they praise Awolowo for hiding under Gowons skirt.

Words on Marble! grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Xander85: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
kayjay69:
You are right and You are wrong. I'll explain. I am Yoruba and I have often agreed with FFK that for us an ethnic group to really realise our potential we need to depart from this current arrangement called Nigeria.
The problem with my people as I see it is that I am not even sure if we know what we want. I think we are just content to exist and are happy to be given whatever. I think Awolowo (great as he was in the minds of many sentiments aside go figure if in doubt) missed a very important opportunity to atleast have Nigeria restructed (all I've read points to this).

Truth be told as much as I am Yoruba and do not agree with some of what Nnamdi Kanu says (especially against Yorubas) I think most of his message is actually true and he's been proven right even in his abscene. It is quite unfortunate that due to politics SW and SE can't unite to break the backs of these bastard Northern Islamic Fundamentalists whom we Southerners have zero in common with.

I have said and I'll continue to say until the South unites against this Fulani North, not to confront them in war, but to defeat their purpose of keeping this current entity called Nigeria, we all will know little or no progress and change. A country is only a country if they people within it share certain core values and are by and large homogenous. Can we say same for Nigeria? I don't think so.

Spot on!

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
baby124:

Are you not a man? Why pushing Yoruba to fight your battle? Is your tribe that useless and inconsequential?
Bro even me sef dey confused. Kilo kan Yoruba pelu Biafra? She nkankan na niwa ni? They can't do without Yoruba. The Nnamdi cownu that was pastor Kumuyi and other Yoruba sons is who they want us to support. They are on a long thing. Every man for himself

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by bart10: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ikenna0b:

Damn unintelligent, insensate and irresponsible comments from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
baby124:

Lol. This must be Musiwa. NL’s resident yabaleft resident
That is not Musiwa. This one is an iboe claiming to be Yoruba to cause religion tension in our land which unknowingly to him has failed

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:

That is why people like FFK should stop talking about Oduduwa Republic, Yorubas are not freedom fighters.

Freedom fighters are people like Ojukwu and Kanu who will rise up against impossible odds, wether successful or not.

Yorubas have long embraced their slavery to the caliphate and are content with a few important political positions and begging for restructuring like a begger.
Freedom fighters. Lols! By the way, where is Nnamdi Kanu the freedom fighter?

3 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Emilokoiyawon: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Please where is the evidence that "...the President encourages and supports mass murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing..."?
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by kyutepanda(f): 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
jez passing bye jor oduduwa or no oduduwa republic na naija em born n i will always rep naija come rain come sunshine

i don't know where these people get their yeye view of creating a republic that can't survive on its own
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by oooduancalmdown: 1:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oblang:

The difference is he will be on his own. He can't get any massive support like kanu. Yorubas can't be brainwashed by his political tantrums. So he doesn't know the country is not good to be together when he was there as a minister chopping money...
The eddiot served as campaign manager for Jonathan's 2015 reelection bid. Fews months later, the eediot began romancing with Nnamdi cownu. I am a Yoruba man that support Nigeria disintegration but I don't like that bastard called Fani Kayode

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Godfullsam(m): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
Africonji:
Afonja cowards like to make a lot of mouth. If he is serious, Fanin Kayode should champion the agitation for Yoruba republic like Mazi Kanu did or he should keep quiet and stop disturbing us. angry

where is your Mazi kanu?

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Godfullsam:

where is your Mazi kanu?
Here he is . . .

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Court Orders WAEC To Produce Ledger Of Sen Adeleke’s Result / Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules / NFIU Directors Suspended For Probing Atiku, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.