Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (22563 Views)

Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] / 2023: Tinubu Presidency Will Help Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / Why Yoruba Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Simbrixton(m): 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Yorubas are already divided. MKO was sold out by his own people.
ehen what about nnamdi kanu oooh abeg come and tell me about the great unity of the igbos last i remember my ex girlfriend was against biafra
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Simbrixton(m): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
Postanalyser:

If i have to "DEVELOP" ISIALANGWA and your Ivo(which are far more developed and inhabitable than anywhere in the waste),then no single skull will be left in Oshogbo and Ibadan by the time i get there.
there are two local government in abia where dey eat people

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by poseidon12: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
dammy13:
Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister, on Wednesday, said the time was right for Yorubas to demand the breakup of Nigeria and creation of Oduduwa Republic.

He noted that the current killings allegedly being perpetrated by armed herdsmen was an indication that Yorubas must call for secession.

In a series of tweets, the former Minister stressed that people of the South West could no longer be part of Nigeria because President Muhammadu Buhari allegedly opposes restructuring.

Fani-Kayode wrote: “Any Fulani man that refuses to openly and unequivocally condemn the slaughter, ethnic cleansing and mass murder of Middle Belters, southerners and other Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen is no friend of mine. As a matter of fact such a person is a mortal enemy.

“Thank God that I am Yoruba. I was born Yoruba and I will die Yoruba. ‘Omo karo jire ni mi!’ And with the way things are going in Nigeria, I think that it is about time for the Yoruba to exercise their right of self-determination and consider the establishment of Oduduwa Republic.

“We cannot remain in a country where the President encourages and supports mass murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing, where he says “no” to restructuring and where the life of a cow is worth more than the life of a human being. There is no fellowship between light and darkness!”

http://kikiotolu.com/why-yourbas-must-demand-oduduwa-republic-fani-kayode/

Right on point FFK. Restructuring is the only thing that can keep Nigeria together. Without restructuring, it will be "to your tents O' Israel".
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Ngozi123(f): 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
He's right, by refusing to fully condemn the herdsmen's actions, Buhari is indirectly supporting them. I don't see how anyone could still support 'One Nigeria' with him in charge undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by poseidon12: 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:
Seceding or even separatist activity needs a lot of backbone.

Yorubas don't have an Ojukwu that can secede and neither do they have an Nnamdi Kanu's who can take up separatist activity.

All they have is their mouth to talk too much with no action.

Yorubas are not freedom fighters, so what is best for Yorubas is to stay in Nigeria and keep begging the caliphate for restructuring. Besides this, I don't see any other future for Yorubas.

Slavery

Please don't underestimate the Yorubas. If they decide to secede, they have a better chance than most other groups.

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by BankeSmalls(f): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
poseidon12:

Please don't underestimate the Yorubas. If they decide to secede, they have a better chance than most other groups.

If only cowardice can allow them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Simbrixton(m): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Gani Adams leader of opc is a Muslim and always support secession imam yoruba is a Muslim too and supports secession nairaland needs to go back to what it was, what is yoruba Muslim or Christian?

Igbos and yoruba unity is important but igbos on nairaland hating on yorubas must wake up quickly same with yorubas hating igbos

What has orji Uzor kalu said about nnamdi kanu disappearance how come nnamdi had no elite support

Why were the ohaneze ndigbo and the likes of joe Igbokwe fiercely against nnamdi

Igbos bitterness has killed the dream of biafra

You guys should wake up the yorubas never even betrayed igbo sef Awolowo gave nnamdi azikiwe the opportunity to be prime minister but he chose to align with fulanis because he lost to Awolowo in the west

One mans villain is another mans hero if azikiwe had become Western premier we yorubas would have been done for

Even the so called civil war ojukwu attacked Yorubaland first showing the igbos expansionist mentality towards Yorubaland

But that was a different generation yorubas of this generation are willing to work with igbos to balkanise Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Simbrixton(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
BankeSmalls:

and the whole 5 yoruba states eat their neighbours grin

5 , minus Lagos.
OK and what has hating on yorubas given u
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Reading through this thread, I think it's fair to say that Yorubas are not interested in any Oduduwa Republic. If this had been a Biafran thread, many Igbos would have said they suppprt it. Hardly any Yoruba has said on this thread that they want Oduduwa Republic. I think that Yorubas are content with Nigeria as long as they get important positions.

Fair play to them, but it is time for FFK and others such as Adeyinka Grandson to stop making noise about Oduduwa Republic since their people don't care about this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by theenchanter: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
gidgiddy:
Reading through this thread, I think it's fair to say that Yorubas are not interested in any Oduduwa Republic. If this had been a Biafran tjread, many Igbos would have said they suppprt it. Hardly any Yoruba has said on this thread that they want Oduduwa Republic. I think that Yorubas are content with Nigeria as long as they get important positions.

Fair play to them, but it is time for FFK and others such as Adeyinka Grandson to stop making noise about Oduduwa Republic since their people don't care about this.
u think it's about posting on NL that mandates d wants or need of people?

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by TimiElvis001(m): 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
Even any music only sounds international with only Yoruba language... Compare Asa with any artist from your side... We are naturally bless with art and unimaginable crativity... Afoja for life wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
Simbrixton:
there are two local government in abia where dey eat people
Mention them...i will help u with one....Osu right?
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by emmysoftyou: 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ikenna0b:

If you guys have been to Benin republic especially the parts where Yorubas reside in that country despite their City being used as the capital of that country, you'll know exactly why Yorubas are terrified of oduduwa republic. Just like the North is very much aware that without Nigeria, they ain't shit, the Afonjas are also aware of it too about themselves. The only difference is the North is humble enough to admit it while Afinjas stays creating propaganda left and right to uplift their damaged egos. Hell I always always urge people to visit Benin republic if you truly what to see the capability of Afonjas without free oil from Niger delta. When I visited Porto-Novo, I sat in my hotel some days wondering how come the people that repeatedly claimed to have been the ones that developed Lagos, not the FG and others how come they did not do the same for Porto Novo despite Porto Novo had similar environment like Lagos. Honestly, reminded me of the images of Ibadan people use on this forum to mock them. The only difference is Porto Novo had few good building in between the brown roof dumpy looking buildings. Honestly, the Afonjas would never seek sovereignty. Quote me on that.
i don't understand, are you saying the Yoruba own port novo? Or what are you trying to say. I need clarification bro.
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 9:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
TimiElvis001:
Even any music only sounds international with only Yoruba language... Compare Asa with any artist from your side... We are naturally bless with art and unimaginable crativity... Afoja for life wink
Who is Asa to Jidenna?

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Simbrixton:
ehen what about nnamdi kanu oooh abeg come and tell me about the great unity of the igbos last i remember my ex girlfriend was against biafra
Who is your ex girlfriend? I guess as confused and irrelevant as her ex boyfriend (you)

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
emmysoftyou:
i don't understand, are you saying the Yoruba own port novo? Or what are you trying to say. I need clarification bro.
Port novo is made up of 90% yoruba. Unfortunately they are all living in penury, and can pass for destitute

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Simbrixton(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Postanalyser:

Who is your ex girlfriend? I guess as confused and irrelevant as her ex boyfriend (you)
you wey no come confuse why is ffk campaign for oduduwa paining you well i am not confused marrying an igbo lady would be hard for me am not fani kayode but i gained a lot from her and i learnt u guys language and other things u are just a child guy most igbos are against biafra
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 10:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
Simbrixton:
you wey no come confuse why is ffk campaign for oduduwa paining you well i am not confused marrying an igbo lady would be hard for me am not fani kayode but i gained a lot from her and i learnt u guys language and other things u are just a child guy most igbos are against biafra
No true igbo is against biafra. FFK campaign for oduduwa can never pain me,as a matter of fact,if i'm a yoruba, that's exactly what i will be doing(campaigning for oduduwa republic) .My problem is that he campaigns for what is not obtainable or feasible given the level of guts an average yoruba man possesses. I pray you will up your game some day to be able to afford and maintain an igbo girl(cos they are meant for the elites in your tribe),after all "beta soup na money kee am"
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by emmysoftyou: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
Postanalyser:

Port novo is made up of 90% yoruba. Unfortunately they are all living in penury, and can pass for destitute
i know we have few Yoruba in Benin Republic but I never knew it's up to 90% . Pls are they the real owner of port novo?
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
emmysoftyou:
i know we have few Yoruba in Benin Republic but I never knew it's up to 90% . Pls are they the real owner of port novo?

Yes they are
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Simbrixton(m): 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Postanalyser:

No true igbo is against biafra. FFK campaign for oduduwa can never pain me,as a matter of fact,if i'm a yoruba, that's exactly what i will be doing(campaigning for oduduwa republic) .My problem is that he campaigns for what is not obtainable or feasible given the level of guts an average yoruba man possesses. I pray you will up your game some day to be able to afford and maintain an igbo girl(cos they are meant for the elites in your tribe),after all "beta soup na money kee am"
i campaign for oduduwa Republic and u insult me like i said u are a child as per igbo women u are right bro
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by emmysoftyou: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Postanalyser:

Yes they are
then why is the city not part of Nigeria and why are they sharing two countries. Is the language the same with ogun state?.. Chai no vex o, I'm asking many questions but I want to know..
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Simbrixton:
i campaign for oduduwa Republic and u insult me like i said u are a child as per igbo women u are right bro
Sorry for my rude words.
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Ikenna0b: 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
emmysoftyou:

The indigenous of Porto Novo are Yorubas so yes, they are the owners of Porto Novo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by limeta(f): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Flat-headed, yam legged, hairy ibo girl, what is your business with Yoruba? They swear for una? Where is the coward called Nnamdi cownu? I guess he ran to Ghana. Focus on your Biafra agitation. You Igbos should Leave Yoruba out of it. We are not in any way. We don't share any similarity with flat-heads from erosion ravaged red mud land.
Got it?

Of what use are you people
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by TimiElvis001(m): 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Postanalyser:

Who is Asa to Jidenna?
don't even start... Asa to that one that him head be like red hamster..

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Ikenna0b: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
emmysoftyou:
then why is the city not part of Nigeria and why are they sharing two countries. Is the language the same with ogun state?.. Chai no vex o, I'm asking many questions but I want to know..

Colonization. They aren't in Niggeria because the French took control of that part of their land while the English took the other. Yes they speak Yoruba. Since I'm not an Afonja, idk their dialects so I don't know specifically the dialect of Yoruba the Porto Novo people speak but, it is similar to the ones in Niggeria. If you want to learn more about them, I highly suggest vacation there one day. Porto Novo is actually not expensive at all. The people there are actually sweet and open to teaching you about their community. Unlike their brethren in Niggeria, they are good people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Postanalyser: 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
TimiElvis001:
don't even start... Asa to that one that him head be like red hamster..
Is it the "ugly" Asa you're referring to? The one that looks like oshomole's niece? Well she is but a local fowl when compared to Jidenna.please call someone else
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Yomit71:

mumu, what has your coward ojukwu & fearful cownu able to attain from their cheastbating. no be to die like a fowl they both have as reward

At least Ojukwu made Biafra stand for 3 years, no Yoruba man alive can make Oduduwa Republic stand for even 3 seconds.

1 Like

Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Moneywomen17(m): 3:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Ikenna0b:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Porto Novo is backwards as Bleep. Enugu alone defeats that city. Hell any city in Nigeria defeats that place. Cotonou on the other hand is another question. You just proved what I was implying right so no need to even argue with you. And grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin at Yorubas being the traders of benin and making Cotonou what it is. Please go tell that to Fon people, I'm sure they would like to laugh as much as I am laughing right now.
tell me exactly where u went to in Porto novo before I continue any argument with u. Enugu is a brown roof republic not to be compared to Porto novo. If u have stepped foot outside of Abakaliki talkless of going to Benin republic u will know that in Benin republic it’s not the fon that handles the trading in Benin they and the gun are mostly the government and others. The Yoruba handles the trading in Benin republic got to major market in Cotonou speak Yoruba to them and they will certainly reply u. Ise aje ni ise wa is a popular saying among the Yoruba in Benin republic.
Re: Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by Moneywomen17(m): 4:14am On Jun 29, 2018
Juliusmalema:

This ur argument is totally lame and myopic.
how ur brother or sister claimed Yoruba had lost the plot in education and I told her that the last recent available statistics spanning over a six year period shows that Yoruba still remains Éver ahead. What’s myopic about that do u even know wat it means or is that the new word u learned for the day

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rabiu Sulaiman Bichi Decamps To APC After Supreme Court Judgement / I Regret My Inability To Answer The Senate’s Invitation – Hameed / "Osinbajo’s Budget Remark Faulty" - Saraki, Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.