Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (245300 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 9:50am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

and who are you? his lawyer?

and who are you to tell me how to conduct myself on the internet? u think too much of yourself, so shut up!
Bini nigga queef, it is not a matter of being his advocate, it is just that your conduct is bad. Asz licking shitt-arsee, once again, just respect your worthless self, slut faced LovePeddler.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 9:54am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

by the way, can some post link with a list of the 300 hundred languagues in nigeria? that is the only link id be interested in clicking on not all the bullcrap circulating on this thread.
You fat sack of monkey shitt, you might start your own thread for that. While you are here, deal with the thread and be civil, fuckingg puss donkey.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 9:59am On May 26, 2011
Ngodigha:

Asz banging sand Nigga, you are not Igbo and should shut your mouth up. Ngwa man says he is Ngwa when he is with Mbaise, Owerri, Onicha man etc. Owerri man or Afikpo man will say the same thing. But outside, no Ngwa man will say he is not Igbo but Ngwa. Tell me where that has happened. obstructionist.

lol, call me names all u want. words dont hurt me especially those "read" on the internet. and i was in isiala ngwa for three weeks. that was how i knew. and all the "igbos" there seemed confused and needed interpreters. my closest friend in camp was an "igbo" guy from isele uku and he couldnt understand a damn thing the "igbos" were saying. so again, where did the "igbo" language/identity come from? oludara the slave?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 10:04am On May 26, 2011
and oh, sand nigga is a derogatory term for arabs not "black" people. so how did u think that will make someone like me feel bad? thats why i said i find u internet fool amusing. but dont stop keep talking.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:09am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

and oh, sand nigga is a derogatory term for arabs not "black" people. so how did u think that will make someone like me feel bad? thats why i said i find u internet fool amusing. but dont stop keep talking.
FFucking hell shitt-bag, stop commenting on Igbo affairs and stop insulting forumites here, is that too difficult for you to understand, cocksucking LovePeddler.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 10:11am On May 26, 2011
Ngodigha:

FFucking hell shitt-bag, stop commenting on Igbo affairs and stop insulting forumites here, is that too difficult for you to understand, cocksucking LovePeddler.

lol, make me stop by answering the question. where did the "igbo" language/identity come from? oludara the slave?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:26am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

lol, make me stop by answering the question. where did the "igbo" language/identity come from? oludara the slave?
Arsee wipeee, it does not matter where the Igbo identity came from, how about the Yoruba identity, Zulu identity and Hausa identity. It could be from heaven, hell, new world or Igbo heartland. The Igbo in the 21st century has forged an identity that will make them relevant in the scheme of things in Nigeria and globally. FFucking pussy asz shiit, as some posters have earlier said, Igbo is a collective of dialects that are closely related. They are not 100 percent understadable to one another but no worries. The Igbo language just like other African languages is still developing, so it does not matter if Iselu Ukwu man understands Ngwa man or not but they are Igbo.
The president general of Ohanaeze is from Ogwashi Ukwu and during the last Ohanaeze day, he spoke Igbo in his native Ogwashi dialect, yet no one complained.
Hence you obstructionist, ffuck off you ffucked up ffucker.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 10:33am On May 26, 2011
Ngodigha:

Arsee wipeee, it does not matter where the Igbo identity came from, how about the Yoruba identity, Zulu identity and Hausa identity. It could be from heaven, hell, new world or Igbo heartland. The Igbo in the 21st century has forged an identity that will make them relevant in the scheme of things in Nigeria and globally. FFucking kitty asz shiit, as some posters have earlier said, Igbo is a collective of dialects that are closely related. They are not 100 percent understadable to one another but no worries. The Igbo language just like other African languages is still developing, so it does not matter if Iselu Ukwu man understands Ngwa man or not but they are Igbo.
The president general of Ohanaeze is from Ogwashi Ukwu and during the last Ohanaeze day, he spoke Igbo in his native Ogwashi dialect, yet no one complained.
Hence you obstructionist, ffuck off you ffucked up ffucker.

that was not what i asked you. coz i already know all that so spare me bullcrap coz i dont care. what i want to know is where did the "igbo" identity/language come from? was it from oludara the slave?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:49am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

that was not what i asked you. coz i already know all that so spare me bullcrap coz i dont care. what i want to know is where did the "igbo" identity/language come from? was it from oludara the slave?
You mean Olaudah Equiano?.
Before Olaudah, there have been an Igbo identity, but no so sure when and where it began. Probably, in the new world as slaves of Igbo origin at one time assembled at a particular Town in British America, they sang songs in Igbo language, rioted and some of them collectively resisted the white slave masters and jumped into the see collectively.
However, collectively singing a song in Igbo while in America could show that an identity might have been formed before arriving in the new world.
Some modern day nations like Israel formed their identities while in exile.
Anyway, am not an expert in Igbo affairs, but am not happy with you constant insult of Igbo forumites here. That attracted me to this post. Just stop it.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 10:51am On May 26, 2011
Ngodigha:

You mean Olaudah Equiano?.
Before Olaudah, there have been an Igbo identity, but no so sure when and where it began. Probably, in the new world as slaves of Igbo origin at one time assembled at a particular Town in British America, they sang songs in Igbo language, rioted and some of them collectively resisted the white slave masters and jumped into the see collectively.
However, collectively singing a song in Igbo while in America could show that an identity might have been formed before arriving in the new world.
Some modern day nations like Israel formed their identities while in exile.
Anyway, am not an expert in Igbo affairs, but am not happy with you constant insult of Igbo forumites here. That attracted me to this post. Just stop it.

shut up! this comment is silly coz it had no curse words. post what will amuse me.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 10:57am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

shut up! this comment is silly coz it had no curse words. post what will amuse me.

Then take this: Fanny flaps cuntbitchwannkerarse.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 10:58am On May 26, 2011
and even if there already existed an "igbo" word or tribe or town or village or whatever, it became popular through oludara and the slaves from that area, so that was why the europeans branded everybody from that region as igbos. mind u, i opted not to post the corrupted european word not to hurt your feelings

so i guess the igbo language/identity is just eroding other languages/identities that existed in that area. its cool.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:00am On May 26, 2011
Ngodigha:

Then take this: Fanny flaps cuntbitchwannkerarse.

lol, what are u speaking? is that also a dialect in "igbo"?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 11:05am On May 26, 2011
@exotic and co.You guys are busy recycling what everyone already know.The Whitemen created the Igbo and Yoruba.They were unable to create a merger of Ibibio/Annang/Efik/Oron and other related languages.They were also unable to create a merger Edo/Esan/Afemai/Urhobo/Isoko and their relatives.They could not even merge Ijaw/Okrika/Ibani/Kalabari/Ogbia/Nembe.Ijaws decided to merge themselves in the 1990s.Edos can do thesame now.

Igbos started disintegrating  during the Biafran war but the present SE consists of Igbos that fought the war until surrender and that is the bond that holds them.While some Igbos in Delta like Aniocha,Oshimili and parts of Ukwuani fought to the end,The Ikas,Ikwerres and other Igbos in SS felt they were better off not being part of that artificial Igbo merger and Biafran course,
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 11:20am On May 26, 2011
exotik:

lol, what are u speaking? is that also a dialect in "igbo"?
Am still waiting for your insults on Igbo posters here before I jump into part two.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:36am On May 26, 2011
@abagworo,  i usually dont get into all the politicking and yapping on the internet because most times it does not reflect what is on ground and how the "real people" feel in real life. the "igbos" fought a war, they lost. so what u do is u either learn not to fight again or u re-group and fight again. but i hate people who play the victim card as if everyone plus god and devil is against them.  i live in benin, truth be told igbos mostly delta stock are everywhere here and seem to get along fine with people. so for iguefi start branding the binis as people who were out to kill igbos and eliminate them, yet they should be the most non-indigenous people in benin who find it very easy, in fact way too easy for them to settle in, is wrong even if he is posting it on the internet. i actually doubt he delta igbo stock though, but if he is he is a rare type. iguefi comments were just out of place and that was why i joined the yapping.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 11:43am On May 26, 2011
Ngodigha:

Am still waiting for your insults on Igbo posters here before I jump into part two.

lol, u stupid fool, stop adressing me. well, unless u are female. i dont mind "igbo" female company, haha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 1:23pm On May 26, 2011
exotik:

lol, u silly fool, stop adressing me. well, unless u are female. i dont mind "igbo" female company, haha
Go and screw your rotten mother in the grave, I have made my point known to you. Quit insulting forumites, Asz licking tant tickler.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 1:28pm On May 26, 2011
^
Ozuo, here, have the last word _________

and it better be good.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by aljharem3: 4:03pm On May 26, 2011
exotik:

@abagworo,  i usually dont get into all the politicking and yapping on the internet because most times it does not reflect what is on ground and how the "real people" feel in real life. the "igbos" fought a war, they lost. so what u do is u either learn not to fight again or u re-group and fight again. but i hate people who play the victim card as if everyone plus god and devil is against them.  i live in benin, truth be told igbos mostly delta stock are everywhere here and seem to get along fine with people. so for iguefi start branding the binis as people who were out to kill igbos and eliminate them, yet they should be the most non-indigenous people in benin who find it very easy, in fact way too easy for them to settle in, is wrong even if he is posting it on the internet. i actually doubt he delta igbo stock though, but if he is he is a rare type. iguefi comments were just out of place and that was why i joined the yapping.

very good

tell them as it is

God bless you
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 10:13pm On May 26, 2011
I have read with amusement the writings of one Ogbuefi who claimed to be from Anioma in Delta state and thus `Igbo`.It could be deduced that said person has nothing but hatred for Bini people.Someone that took the pains of going round Benin Kingdom in order to make a case of infrastructural comparisons between the Binis and his beloved Anioma has big issues. After his `tour du farce`due to his dark way of reasoning he came to narrow conclusions
and satisfied himself only.

Anioma is a combination of various `Igbo`people. There are Ikas,Aniochas,Ukwuanis and maybe others.Binis are just that-Binis. It was illogical for him to conclude that he would have been doing justice if he had taken one of the Anioma people and compared with the Binis or compared the people that speak closely related languages such as the  Esans, Owans, Unemes, Etsakos, Okpameris etc with the Aniomas.You cannot take just the Egbas,for example,and compare with the Igbos. Later, taking the Binis alone without involving other Edo speaking people, I will take on the Aniomas.

Ogbuefi was not born before or during the war.That he could hold this kind of grudge over an event that he did not witness speaks volume about the kind of person he is. Man, as a Biniman,I DO NOT want to be your friend. The son of an Igbo High Chief and former head of a federal agency was numbered in my father`s house during the 1991 census. I remember the joke about the horror on his parents faces when he said he told them that he slept in a Biniman`s house. He does not belong to that era of suspicion and hatred against someone of another culture and place.Ogbuefi,unfortunately,is doing throwback. Imagine going to him to seek favour as a Biniman. Owue fo ne!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2011
Ogbuefi claimed,  based on an American journalist sensational reporting,that 5,000 people of Igbo extraction where descended upon and mobbed while federal troops stood idly by .I was not there.Ogbuefi was not there. There is no story from my elders that attest to this happening. There is no place that the Binis point to in Benin City that support this story.There were reprisal killings no doubt but nothing even close to the numbers being bandied about by some people such as Ogbuefi.

My father was a cattle dealer in the sixties and while the Igbos were already fleeing Benin city he had gone on a trip to buy some cattle from the Fulanis.He encountered remnants of Biafran troops around Eyean village.He carried the scars of his ordeal until he died some years back.Needless to say that he lost his money and the business and became a civil servant.He actually was about to be executed as a spy for the federal side before some emissaries from the Benin Palace prevailed on the Biafrans to spare him.Older Bini people know this story. Do I hold any bitterness for the Igbos I come across because of the humiliation and torture suffered by my oldman? What about the other Binis that did not make it out of Biafra`prison camps?Are you saying the Biafrans left town without putting up a fight?Do you know about the scorched earth the Biafrans left behind at Ugoneki?Do you know that the head of the government and the military in the short-lived Benin Republic were Aniomas ably assisted by a largely Anioman civil service?Do you know if  the Ugoneki massacre led to the Bini reprisal against those that had supported the killing of their kins?
Does any Biniman or woman have anything against the Igbos? We continued to have Igbo tenants in the house and my father never showed his bile,if any,towards any Igbo person despite what he had gone through at their hands.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2011
The growth of Benin City cannot be explained to someone like Ogbuefi.He does not see factories,or powerhouses,or Riverports or Nollywood as in Asaba.Seriously,are you comparing Benin City and any Anioma town? That the transport industry is all that is in Benin City according to Ogbuefi? Let me attempt an explanation that he will understand.
All the factories in Aniomaland do not employ as much people as in the transport industry in Benin city. A paint factory has at the most 30 employees including the management. Here in Canada you can now go to a Hardware store and mix the paint colour you want. DIY.
From the vehicles purchase to the administrative setup to the drivers and workshop and all others that directly or indirectly cater to the welfare of the passengers you already have more than a hundred people working for ONE transport company.
Benin city has been blessed to be a nodal city.And we have taken advantage of that and some Igbo people are now getting in the mix too.They are welcome. Those are the progressive ones .Not the Ogbuefis who sit and sulk and come up with what next to say or do to hurt a VERY proud people.
The Benin city airport is the 4th most busy in the country. It is also one of the ugliest.Pride will not however let the Biniman or woman carry a placard or go groveling in Abuja for its up-lift and relocation as an international airport. The time for that is due.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 11:46pm On May 26, 2011
@exotic and bokohalal you guys are getting Ogbuefi wrong.The war is one thing I dislike discussing but I have to come in here.The Aniomas have so many families that were of Bini origin and as such mistook Bini as a safe place during the war only to be killed by those they presumed to be their brethren.That hurts so much.I believe they should forgive because a war situation is usually a survival of the fittest.We should all move on and forget the war.Almost 90% of us here were born 10 years after the war.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 12:25am On May 27, 2011
Benin City has grown so much that it now encompass  places that are traditionally not Benin City.They are actually greater Benin City Area. Oredo is the REAL Benin City.Uselu,Ugbowo,Oregbeni,Ekae,Egor, Use,Oluku etc are not really Benin City. During a burial precession if you are not from Benin City you cannot visit Aro-Emotan.The tradition still holds till this day.So you see, the Binis actually have way more developed towns than Anioma.
The countryside now is different.I remember travelling with my father to Iyeke-Orhiomwon and we had stopped at Bendel Hotel Abudu(does it still exists?)The whole town was barely befitting of a local government Headquarter nomenclature.Same with Iguobazuwa.But not so with Egba Heights that one man singlehandedly raised.I doubt if any Anioman has done what Dr. Efionayi Iyayi has done for his village /town.Or need I mention Okada.Res.
The hospitality business in Benin City can only be bettered by Abuja,Lagos and maybe Port Harcourt.Ogbuefi maybe looking for a spray painter shop to have as an example of industrialization. The service industry is what he should be looking for. Nobody calls Switzerland an industrial country.Leichenstein is rated as the richest country in the world.Some Caribbean countries have attained a modicum of development based on tourism.South Beach is one of the most visited places in the world.It fuels the economy of the area.Ogbuefi knows Benin city. Some families have attained financial comfort from arts.
A burial among the Bini people is no laughing matter. Where does this money go to?To the immediate community.Replicating itself several times everyday.
No belching furnaces? The Benin City financial sector is bigger than in any one Igbo town or city.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 12:49am On May 27, 2011
Ogbuefi, I think the spambot has caught up with your post.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 12:55am On May 27, 2011
Abagworo:

@exotic and bokohalal you guys are getting Ogbuefi wrong.The war is one thing I dislike discussing but I have to come in here.The Aniomas have so many families that were of Bini origin and as such mistook Bini as a safe place during the war only to be killed by those they presumed to be their brethren.That hurts so much.I believe they should forgive because a war situation is usually a survival of the fittest.We should all move on and forget the war.Almost 90% of us here were born 10 years after the war.
Thank you Abagworo.I was about to start naming the educational institutions in Biniland and how they contribute to the economy.But it only a fool that comes across  his parent fighting ferociously with others and stops to ask spectators why are his parents fighting.
Some Ikas might want to be Igbos. Trust me,the Binis know the difference between Ika and Igbo. No Biniman alive or dead calls an Ika `Ovbigbo`. It is Òvbi-Eka`. So for an Ika to come here and try to upset the natural peaceful coexistence there is between the Binis and the Ikas cannot just be dismissed.Then there is ``Ovbie-kwale`.These are people known to Binis from time. My Abavo friend told me that his Obi was exiled with oba Ovonramwen because he fought on the side of the Oba of Benin.No matter what you read here just know that the Binis will not have not and cannot harbour a systematic killing of Aniomas  out of jealousy,envy or hatred .Same for people of Edo stock. Or of any ethnic group.Personal fights is a different matter.We are just too liberal and believe this,disunited,to do so.Unless they foolishly ask for it then we come together to survive as a people.
I think the question to be asked,knowing as a Biniman the psyche of the average Bini,is;if this happened as claimed by some people,why?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bokohalal(m): 1:18am On May 27, 2011
Moreover,there were `killings` in Sapele,Warri. Na the Bini one sweet pass.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 2:23am On May 27, 2011
@Andre Uweh, Yes, it is the spam box, Any suggestions on how it could be handled ? Because I have written several posts that would have thrown the opinions of the likes of Exotik and Bokohalal into the thrash .

@Abagworo, Thank you for educating the likes of Bokohalal and those who reason like him.

The claim of an Ovbi-Ika being different from Ovbi-Igbo is funny because to start with there was nothing like an Igbo people in Edo thought and civlization before colonial rule because they dont share any boundary, So I wonder where that distinction came into the picture.The Edos called the Upland Anioma people Ovbi-Eka stretching from Agbor to Asaba and not just the present Ika LGA.The amplified claim by Bokohalal on who is Ika or who is Igbo is just a ploy to exxergerate the quest the distinction we project ourselves.It is not for the Edo for the Edo people to tell us who is or who is not because they are not involved.This distinction is just a carryover of sentiments by some Ika people (as presently defined ) of which Bokohalal has attributed to have had a Benin definition eventhough the Benin donot share any physical boundaries with the Igbo ! It is so funny, even some people sharing boundaries with Agbor and Abavo call them Igbo , it is only when the some Ikas tellthem of the distinction does the Ovbigbo and Ovbi-Eka whatever comes into the picture.
The Ovbi-Eka distinction if actually exists would not had lead to the serious casualties we are talking.The Sapele and Warri episodes were bad but the Benin massacre was the most painful because we are closest to the Benin as compared to the others.

And just as he noted the Anioma people be it of Enuani and Ukwuani stock have always shared a close relationship with the Edo people generally.this is the reason this event is particularly and most be condemned .When people say we should just forget, I dont agree with that.If we forget , it might re-occur all over again.Europe has not forgotten the events of World War 11 nor have they forgotten the Balkan war so why should we just forget the Civil War because we want to forge ahead ? How far have we gone ?

On the claim that Obi Osaigbobu of Abavo who was the Obi during the deportation of the Oba Ovonramwen do not even know wht happen.During the planned 1897 invasion of Agbor, Abavo which was then a protectorate of Benin would not support Agbor in logistics and troops because they had never trusted Agbor who they perceive as a next door imperial power.Thus there was never a time the Obi of Abavo declared he was joinig the Oba of Benin to Calabar.The Oba himself was not taken to Calabar via land but water so I wonder how the Obi of Abavo, a town over 40 miles away would have heard abt the impending deportation of the Oba and would want to join him.

On the Benin airport being the fourth busiest in Nigeria , that exists in the dream of Bokohahal.The busiest airports in Nigeria are Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Warri.The Benin airport is "dry" for most of the year.How many airline companies even operate there ? Besides the airport is so small.The only busy period of the year is during the Xmas when several Edo-born natives return from their sojourn overseas and elsewhere perhaps this is wht gives Bokohalal the impression.On the claim that Benin is one of the financial centres of the country is that what he was told ? To the extent odf saying that Benin is financially more vibrant than any town in Igboland.Perhaps he has not been to Aba and Onitsha and this is why we see such remarks.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 2:37am On May 27, 2011
The transformation of Egba is admirable and my brother schooled there.But to say none in Anioma has not done what Dr Iyayi has done fr his community is rubbish.In my town Igbodo, the likes of Chief Mbulu based in Cnada where you reside has done very much for the community.He single handedly built a town hall, a primary school school and periodically grade the roads in the community.A site for a secondary school has been made courtesy of his philantrophy.What of Dr Isioma Okobah who single handedly built a health centre and via her Deltan Doctors in the Diaspora(DDD) carry out free mediacl care for various communities across the state ? What of Patti Boulaye that built a health centre at Okpanam ? What of Chuks Ochonogor that sited Novena University in Ogume to open up the place ? Or is it the efforts of the natives of Ibusa in developing their town I should be mentioning or Jim Ovia in Agbor ? Or Rev SW Matin(the first African to have graduated from an American University in 1917) of Issele Uku and his Pilgrim Baptist Mission or what Nuel Ojei is doing now ? You see the likes of Bokohalal donot know and I think it should just be better they just shut up.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 2:47am On May 27, 2011
On the claim that services is worth more than industries , it is true, yes I agree with that.But wht is the contribution of the Services Sector to Nigerian GDP ? There is just nothing worth mentioning in Benin apart from the Transportation Sector and that ultimately cant lead to development.Benin or Edo is so developed, How much is generated as IGR monthly in the state even with the highest rate of taxation in the country just a billion naira monthly. Let us be sincere. The private owned factories are a good strategy for development and this is what actually drives even the economy of Canada and else where in the West. I have not seen Benin people shown any lead in the sector.The Evbuoriaria ndustrial estate is empty and dead and this is why the Comrade Gov have no choice than to tax Private Schools and other "services" rendering bodies with taxes regarded as by far the highest in the country.

On the post as regarding the educational institution sited in Beninland, I am ready to accept or reject any point you raise with that post.I am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.