Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME (35857 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates / JAMB Releases Dates For 2018 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2018
Philistine:

It is not about states, but the population of both region which of course is at par with each other. D point is that Yoruba get more admitted into higher institutions every year more than igbos. Even if another state is created for igbos it will be created from the already existing states.

It's not true., check the stats released by NUC last year.
Imo has the highest entrants to university nationwide, Anambra comes third.
So, what are u saying?

The east has the best literacy rate in Nigeria, literates over the overall eastern population
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by oooduancalmdown: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Stop being smart by half, if you want to go tribal, then add Igbos in Delta and Rivers, you may also add yorubas from Kogi and Kwara and you will still discover that Igbos will come tops tongue
Dat one na lie
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2018
Philistine:
Most Imo Applicants do fail Jamb every year, so they have to re-write the exam again the following year, that accounts to the large number of applicants from that state.

Educationally, Imo state indigens are the smartest in the south east.

Imo state go skol pass any state in the SE.

Imo state has the highest number of professors in Nigeria.

Stop saying things out of stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by MrBigiman: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Ogbeni try to keep your mouth shut! How did Yorubas collude with the North to rip the country? Did Nnamdi Azike not rule Nigerid for six years? Was Ekwueme not vice president for over two years? You iboes are born to be pathetic liars!

U speak as if 1960 is yesterday. Where is the current president from, how about his vice, how about the Senate President, or the leader of the house of rep, and the Chief Justice. Who are the spokemen to the president? Think of the answers, and if u can't they are either Hausa's or Yoruba, in a Country that claims one Nigeria.

The truth is bitter, but we will keep saying it until our opinion is heard, counted and acted upon. You cannot marginalise a group of people and expect them to keep shut.

Nnamdi Kanu spoke, even if I don't agree with many of his approaches, and was silenced. Where is he?, are Yoruba's not happy that he is missing?
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 30, 2018
Horlaboy51:
Oyo, Ogun and Osun have more applicant than lagos and lagos have the largest population in southwest.

The stats us based on state of origin.

No one comes from Lagos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 30, 2018
Angy55:
Nice question. But let me say it's greed amongst the southerners. Take a look at what happened when Atiku visited Asaba. Let me stop here.
You are not greedier than the North.
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2018
Earthbound:

Talk about low brain usage

You should be asking yourself how many passed without the use of special centers

After listing all 36 states, can somebody please explain the 'others'

Special centres na Nigerian thing, every region get am and more importantly, It's government approved
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by ORIENTATION101: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2018
Postanalyser:

Wait a minute,you expect East with just 5 states to top west with six states in cummulative computation right? You must be highly deluded. Check the percentage of candidates from Delta and Rivers that are igbos and you will hide your shameless face in shame after all.
sorry to burst your bubbles delta and rivers state combined have more than 10 ethnic groups it is mischevious to claim what that doesnt exist.
I dont care whether six or seven states my points is south west tops the chat because igbos can twist and spin things easily.maybe igbos should start to breed like almajiris to meet up with south west

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2018
ayourbamie:
Lagos no dey write jamb? Despite the high population! Abi all of us in Lagos are working class?

Someone educate me on this stat!

We need to get rid of this state of origin shiii, they should introduce state of residence.

Nobody comes from Lagos.
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by perdollar(m): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

A third of them have iboe background! Can you imagine this lie? I never knew you iboes are this sick in the head. Wow! Unbelievable!
we igbos didn't get to d land of d rising sun from heaven through chain. only sick afonja, omo jelijeli WL believe wat dia liar dead ancestors told dem. odua needs to calm down wt his lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by ORIENTATION101: 8:34am On Jun 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The stats us based on state of origin.

No one comes from Lagos.
you must be a fool to think lagos has no indigenes
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Swagahyk(m): 8:35am On Jun 30, 2018
somto10:
South always come top in academics in Nigeria...bt it still baffles me how d core north rules in politics...
jus like a blind leading someone with clear sight...

They rule us with our support. Burahi didn't become President from the thin air, someone voted him in, we voted him in. So our problem is in our hands
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by ORIENTATION101: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2018
kalu61:
this one don't even know addition
send yours
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2018
XVIER:
before you toot your horn hope you know Imo state has the highest candidate cos most of them are brain dead so gaining admissions is very difficult for them so they keep rewriting and the numbers keep adding on. Don't ask me how I know, I've been to Imo state on several occasions and I've studied them. Peace

U can't stay in far away SW n declare that people from imo state are brain dead!! It make a u look exceptionally stupid.

In the SE, Na imo state go skol pass any other state (From Time immemorial).

Imo state is the Nigerian state with the highest number of professors in Nigeria.

Give urself sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by shizzy7(f): 8:36am On Jun 30, 2018
Horlaboy51:
Oyo, Ogun and Osun have more applicant than lagos and lagos have the largest population in southwest.
Most Lagos applicants opt for private universities, diploma, direct entry (especially for UNILAG), there are other options aside Jamb or leave the country.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

A third of them have iboe background! Can you imagine this lie? I never knew you iboes are this sick in the head. Wow! Unbelievable!

Same ways people from OGUN n osun n Oyo are born in Lagos and they register as indigens of Lagos, So does so many igbos who are born in Lagos, Kogi, Zamfara, etc register their children as indigens of those states. There's nothing new or suprising about it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by kalu61(m): 8:41am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
send yours
Hahaha
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by ORIENTATION101: 8:41am On Jun 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Stop being smart by half, if you want to go tribal, then add Igbos in Delta and Rivers, you may also add yorubas from Kogi and Kwara and you will still discover that Igbos will come tops tongue
sorry delta and rivers have more than 10 ethnic group combined and they constitue the majority so your claims of igbos in delta and rivers is mischevious
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by oooduancalmdown: 8:41am On Jun 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Same ways people from OGUN n osun n Oyo are born in Lagos and they register as indigens of Lagos, So does so many igbos who are born in Lagos, Kogi, Zamfara, etc register their children as indigens of those states. There's nothing new or suprising about it.
Ogbeni, use your big flat-head for once! The list is by state of origin!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by ORIENTATION101: 8:42am On Jun 30, 2018
kalu61:
Hahaha
waiting

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by shizzy7(f): 8:43am On Jun 30, 2018
SW - 391,872
SE - 306,248

All these people talking rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by ORIENTATION101: 8:43am On Jun 30, 2018
perdollar:
u see ur life! I said 'go n dig dia history' u WL find out dt a 3rd of dem have Igbo background. I am Igbo but from Niger state. olodo, I know u WL stl not understand.
which stupid talk is this .is your brain working upside down

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
you must be a fool to think lagos has no indigenes

Nah, Lagos has no indigens.

Except for people who have been registering their children over the years as indigens. I know many igbos that are Lagos indigens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Ogbeni, use your big flat-head for once! The list is by state of origin!
If u had any competence in using ur brain, u would have long known that someone can register their children as indigens in any state in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by kalu61(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
waiting
that's all I can offer.
Laughter
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by oooduancalmdown: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:
If u had any competence in using ur brain, u would have long known that someone can register their children as indigens in any state in Nigeria.
Iboe and lies! You are now twisting fact to benefit you. If that is the case, then let us assume not only do this. Some Yorubas change their state of origin.
Ibolibo! I hail una
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by oooduancalmdown: 8:53am On Jun 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Nah, Lagos has no indigens.

Except for people who have been registering their children over the years as indigens. I know many igbos that are Lagos indigens.
I also know some Yorubas that register as indigenes of Imo and Asaba
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by scholes0(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2018
It is as clear as day that Yorubas are leading this statistic and are getting more youth into high institutions.

Kudos to Ekiti and Kwara states- I am bot surprised one bit though, especially about Ekiti, one of the least populations but beating more than half other states in Nigeria. Those shouting Imo , lol what is the population of Imo compared to Osun?

Kwara and Ekiti even beat Rivers, lol.
Rivers Indigenes must be quite few, just like Lagos indigenes. Rivers is filled with many impostors from the South East claiming indigenes..lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Basic123: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2018
MrBigiman:

The northern bigots and the Yoruba asslickers must face judgement, no doubt. People are dying and another section is starving, and the only facade u hold on to is some dirty knowledge of history that belong to the trash can of oblivion.

Right now Yorubas and Hausa's are our problem, and it's glaring before our eyes.
grin

THEN DIE WITH YOUR IGNORANCE,HATE FILLED LIFE AND POST 2015 ELECTION TRAUMA THEN.IRRESPONSIBLE TRIBE ALWAYS BLAME EXTERNAL FORCE ON HER WOES.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by perdollar(m): 9:04am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
which stupid talk is this .is your brain working upside down
ignoramus! u need orientation indeed

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Jesus5656(m): 9:08am On Jun 30, 2018
Pls what is your proof??
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by mercyville: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Educationally, Imo state indigens are the smartest in the south east.

Imo state go skol pass any state in the SE.

Imo state has the highest number of professors in Nigeria.

Stop saying things out of stupidity.

Igbo institute of statistics.. cheesy

Yoruba still have the highest number of professors according to the NUC..

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2019 UTME Results Today / How A Student Went To School Today With A Bus (photo) / Armless Gombe Girl Writing With Toes Gets Varsity Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.