Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,746 members, 7,955,843 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? (2969 Views)

Urgent ! Should I Call The Police To Help Me Check If She Is Alive / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / How Do I Tell My Neighbour She Has Staph? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2018
Shegzy8:
I implore you to let your dad know..a yoruba adage says "oro tani ki baba ma gbo, baba lo ma pada pari e" meaning what you don't want your dad to know, he will still be the one to solve it...if it were other issues I would have said you should hide it but since it has to do with life, just let him know...child birth is not something you handle with levity, if something happens to the girls enemy, do you think her family would take it likely..I made such decision in my university day and only scaled through with my teeth..this is from experience and not what I heard...she laboured for three bad days and almost lost her life...the doctors were ready to take her to the operation room to go through the knife until God miraculously used a nurse that told them to give her one more try...our health care is bad and to get the best you need a fortune which I dont know if your brother can...and lastly, his ability to handle critical situation and take decision...he has no experience and at such the situation will overwhelm him...TELL YOUR PARENTS

I had a chat with my kid bro and he told me the girl's mother knows. In fact, the mother of the girl advised them to leave where they were to another location. I believe the girl's mother provided some money while the kid bro brought out some for the rent.
I know my father won't really have anything to do with girl if he knows. He still have three children to train in the university including my kid bro and won't give it up for anything. Now I don't want my kid bro to struggle and who knows the girl might move on later.
I intend to tell our first son and ask him to keep to him self.
I don't know if I am still right though.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Uglymugg: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
Op, No matter wetin you do, you go still chop that slap wey your mama see for her dream. True talk.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by monerozi5590: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Those dudes telling you not to tell your parent are not helping you.

There is no way they won't know, tell them, I repeat, tell them. Anything can happen, let them know,so that they will be prepare

if you fail to tell your parent you don't deserve to be an elder brother

Bros, you have said it all. This has become a family problem (issue) and your parents being the head of the family should know about it.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2018
deafeyez:
I just got to know that my younger brother who stays with me, has a girl friend who is due to deliver this month.

I am so worried now because he has hid this from me and any other person for eight months.

Before the woman who told me the secret revealed it, she promised I shouldn't tell my parents so that they can train my brother in school.

Just yesterday, my mother called and told me she had a dream, that my father was slapping me in the dream. This has increased the fear in me should my father find out what his last born has done.

But I still want to go ahead and let my parents know. However, I still have to be considerate, if they have hidden this for this long, can they hold on for long?

My father will be very angry but I don't know if he will still send his son to school if he finds out.

Please, matured minds, what do you reason I do.

all i see is selfishness. You know this can cause ur bro education and u so eagar to report him
What happens to both of you putting minds together to solve it
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by romenna: 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
The impregnator will take care of the impregnatee
chi love, can i be ur impregnator and u be my impregnatee? hahahah
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2018
romenna:
chi love, can i be ur impregnator and u be my impregnatee? hahahah
Funny. How knowest though that name
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by romenna: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Funny. How knowest though that name
someone too close to u bae. someone who onced lived in ur current city and location. chi luv grin kiss
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Godwithus20: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2018
ClassRep001:
Don't ever make that silly mistake of telling your dad over something as sensitive as this.

Just wait till the baby is born you both can sell it off 300k or even more than that.

In the present situation of Nigeria, turn every situation you find yourself into a business opportunity.

Thank you

Nna mhenn.... This is a very thoughtful advice...

Op take note
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2018
IamAirforce1:
Let your brother be the one to tell your father when he feels they should know ..

Face your life

IamAirForce1, sha na true you talk o. But I have to be my brother keeper na. Abi facing my life, make I see say my bros need pepper I come ask am say I send you?
Wetin go worry my brother worry me too.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2018
Cutefine02:

all i see is selfishness. You know this can cause ur bro education and u so eagar to report him
What happens to both of you putting minds together to solve it

That is why I am considering it like the Nigeria senate. Just weighing the gravity of not letting my parents know and or letting them to know.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by ninetiethcrown7(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
deafeyez:
I just got to know that my younger brother who stays with me, has a girl friend who is due to deliver this month.

I am so worried now because he has hid this from me and any other person for eight months.

Before the woman who told me the secret revealed it, she promised I shouldn't tell my parents so that they can train my brother in school.

Just yesterday, my mother called and told me she had a dream, that my father was slapping me in the dream. This has increased the fear in me should my father find out what his last born has done.

But I still want to go ahead and let my parents know. However, I still have to be considerate, if they have hidden this for this long, can they hold on for long?

My father will be very angry but I don't know if he will still send his son to school if he finds out.

Please, matured minds, what do you reason I do.

Op you have to inform your parents. This is another persons life you and your brother are deliberating about.

From your post it is clear that neither you or your brother have any experience with child care and also neither you or your brother have the necessary funds to care for a child.

My advice, don't listen to those people saying don't snitch on your brother. Those people are not understanding the gravity of your brothers situation. They think it's the same thing stealing 100k from your parents.

Op what you should know is that the baby is not getting younger. Every day that passes the sooner the child will be born. Hence calling for a prompt and speedy decision from both of you.

Also, have you ever put it into perspective that the girls parents are waiting for the child to be born to start their commotion. Think about it, because you mentioned that the girls mother knows.

Lastly, your brother does not sound exactly a hundred percent sure of what his plans are concerning the child and this is the 8 month. From the time he knew of the pregnancy up until now he had about 6 months to decide on how he would address the situation, which I believe he still isn't sure of. That is why he informed you because the pressure has started dangling over his neck like a blade.

The ball is in your court, to snitch or not to snitch. But think about it, your parents one way or the other are going to find out. Also, if you tell them now you have the chance of being the one to tell them, which allows you the power to exonerate yourself.

Wow a lengthy post from me.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by fancy4eve(f): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
deafeyez:

Thank you for your contribution.

I am not happy my kid bro did this. No one would, even my immediate younger brother is very furious.

The girl might likely put to bed this month so no one is even thinking of abortion.

I am due to continue my studies later this year. My job now is not paying me that much hence my quest for other means of income which I haven't found yet.

My kid bro just wrote his Jamb and is waiting on his school of choice for admission procedure and not working.

I am currently feeding him and myself and also paying for my rent and it is not that easy. Now a third and fouth party would be added to the list.

I would love to keep calm but hey, what if my father hear from other sources.

I did asked him when I found out why he asked the girl to keep the pregnancy and what is his future plan. Answer I got is that the girl is a hardworking girl and that after her delivery, she will go back to her business.

Now, you and I know that a pregnant woman who just deliver must be well fed.

I would not mind keeping it to myself if not for school, rent and other miscellaneous spending but hey, I have skipped two years already and won't want this year to pass me by.

I know my father will be very angry but will he still send him to school? What if something happen in the process of delivery if I don't tell which I am not praying for.

These are my thoughts.
Don't just tell on him, just sit him down nd hv a good chat wit him, tell him d consequences of his action nd make him see reasons y ur parents should b involve in d issue.......Ogbeni allow him to do d telling, y u cn help him n doing d convincing.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Shegzy8(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2018
deafeyez:

I had a chat with my kid bro and he told me the girl's mother knows. In fact, the mother of the girl advised them to leave where they were to another location. I believe the girl's mother provided some money while the kid bro brought out some for the rent.
I know my father won't really have anything to do with girl if he knows. He still have three children to train in the university including my kid bro and won't give it up for anything. Now I don't want my kid bro to struggle and who knows the girl might move on later.
I intend to tell our first son and ask him to keep to him self.
I don't know if I am still right though.

What is happening seems similar to mine..I took an apartment for her in another community, it wasn't easy..just let him sit and weigh up his options before going in
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thank you all for the advise, I really do appreciate.

I discuss with my kid bro and he said he will tell my father himself.

Last night, I was under the heavy down pour in my area at about 10 nd 11pm. I took the lady to where she registered for delivery and 11am today, she delivers a baby boy.

My kid bro is a father now and I think I should give him fatherly respect grin

I thank God Almighty for the safe delivery. I know He will make away for the baby to be properly taken care of.

The girl's mother will be coming to stay with their daughter. I know my father won't come but I will just let him know his son now have a son.

I really love the courage of my kid bro.

How sweet.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
deafeyez:
Thank you all for the advise, I really do appreciate.

I discuss with my kid bro and he said he will tell my father himself.

Last night, I was under the heavy down pour in my area at about 10 nd 11pm. I took the lady to where she registered for delivery and 11am today, she delivers a baby boy.

My kid bro is a father now and I think I should give him fatherly respect grin

I thank God Almighty for the safe delivery. I know He will make away for the baby to be properly taken care of.

The girl's mother will be coming to stay with their daughter. I know my father won't come but I will just let him know his son now have a son.

I really love the courage of my kid bro.

How sweet.

Congratulations uncle!

Help him look after his son like a brother would, be at all the special moments and offer babysitting duties when they need time as man and woman. Be there for him when she nags and always advise him on keeping his home. Push for birth control please!
Well done for handling it so maturely, I'm glad you didn't tell but that he told your father, instead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Girls Sha Photo / What's Your Opinion? She's 16 And I'm 22 / I'm In Love With Two Men I Don't Know What To Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.