Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29867 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I left Ohio a couple of years ago . . . . sorry!! But seriously, it is real. That is the business a lot of a people are in and it is legit and quite lucrative.
so where are u now?

Chicago? where

i need to know grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tkb,

Kobo dey my former hideout.

I agree, lets kiss and make-up

Oya lets kiss and make out. bemster me and only me o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bemster(f): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ah!! Na that one be the NEW lOCATION of the goal post?

Blame tkb, he taught me all the tricks I know grin grin
~Sauron~:

Earning quality measured by one's salary is NOT the key determinant of one's credit score.
Credit Score is all about PAYING your bills/debt in TIME.
Some people make 6-figures but they are careless with their credits.

Oya, letz kiss and make up. kiss

MINT!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow is Friday - It's like a carnival there every friday after work.
Bemster(if you are listening), there's no escaping for you tomorrow. grin

Ahhh catch me if you can! wink
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Tkb,

Kobo dey my former hideout.
wa sere

na me and Kobo for November o grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

wa sere

na me and Kobo for November o grin grin

Equation don balance. . . .

U and Kobo
Me and Bemstar
Dayokanu and Mamagee. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Ibime(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
Houses in Lekki are worth N80m?  

By UK mortgage rules, that means you need to earn £90k gross to get a mortgage in Lekki.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Equation don balance. . . .

U and kobo
Me and Bemstar
Dayokanu and Mamagee. grin grin grin grin grin

umm . . just so you know, I am not gay!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

umm . . just so you know, I am not gay!

TKB is NOT a woman. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
hehehehehehehehe

chei grin grin grin

i dey commot abeg
u guys wont kill me
Ibime:

Houses in Lekki are worth N80m?  

By UK mortgage rules, that means you need to earn £90k gross to get a mortgage in Lekki.
terrace houses in Phase 1 goes for 65-100m

90k? thank u Ibime
ive been waiting for peeps like u to come

so sauron, over to u

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
KOBO is a man shocked shocked shocked shocked
u dey crase o Kobo grin grin

sauron
address Ibimes post
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
see me see wahala oo!!! Jeje I dey here and people are busy making assumptions of my person. How e come be my fault? lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Rich? Stay there dey denge! Your mates are into it. You don't have to be rich to get in on the game. I am into it myself and I can tell you it is EASY. You don't even have to make $4000 a month to get a property, rent out the top floor or something, to get enough to pay for the whole house if possible. Heck, over here people are in business with it. Even college students dey do am for here, and housing programs that help people pay off their rents here FUEL the industry big time. I(f you can get tenants from such programs, that is guaranteed rent each month for the lease period. I know cause I used to work on such a program.

Back some years ago, I had a friend who owned 3 properties. This dude na nurse and he worked himself like a slave too. But anyways, the guy was able to get 3 properties all paid for by tenants.

You come here dey tell person crap as if you dey talk to people wey no know anything. I just siddon dey watch you bounce from one moot point to another waiting for you to land. lol

nigerians have come again with their get rich quick fantasies!!!

and what are the downsides of these arrangements which you're conveniently forgetting to mention?

sometimes i understand why oyinbo no dey pity una!

and we wonder why so many naijas are into criminal activities. Unrealistic lifestyles?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^^ Classic example of why some believe "Oyinbos" are like gods to them.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

sauron
address Ibimes post

Ibime is yarning dust cos his assumption is that every house in Lekki is 80 milla(which isn't TRUE)
Matinosi never said he bought 3 houses at 80 Milla each. . . .

The 3 houses he's got might not even be 70 milla in TOTAL.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^^ Classic reason why "Oyinbos" continue to seem like gods to people like you.

my question was what are the downsides and risks involved in the scenario you touted.

simple question which doesnt need to involve you getting defensive unless there's a chip on your shoulder!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by jaybee3(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Ibime is yarning dust cos his assumption is that every house in Lekki is 80 milla(which isn't TRUE)
Matinosi never said he bought 3 houses at 80 Milla each. . . .

The 3 houses he's got might not even be 70 milla in TOTAL.
And he never mentioned the year 'em houses were bought or built.
Lekki phase whatever was never 70 milla from the onset
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2010
Downsides to owning property in general or downsides to owning more than one property? Do I really need to regale you with that now? The point is IT IS DOABLE; I do it and I can tell you that like anyother business out there, even though there are risks, it is not something one should choose to run away from or assume is NOT PROFITABLE or feasible.

By the way, I wasn't being defensive, I merely stated that your continous need to bring OYINBO into it all seems to stem from the fact that you do consider them gods(higher than you are) even though you presume we all THINK THAT WAY, when in actual sense, we don't.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobo na correct Igbo chic and you know say Igbos dey sabi take care of man.

TKB, By November winter don start for windy city. wink wink

Sauron for MissyB
TKB for Kobojunkie
Dayokanu for Bemster
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Kobo na correct Igbo chic and you know say Igbos dey sabi take care of man.

I disagree. . . . .
Kobo na correct Ondo woman. . . . She likes Amala. grin

dayokanu:

Dayokanu for Bemster

We go start our own World War here o.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Downsides to owning property in general or downsides to owning more than one property? Do I really need to regale you with that now? The point is IT IS DOABLE; I do it and I can tell you that like anyother business out there, even though there are risks, it is not something one should choose to run away from or assume is NOT PROFITABLE or feasible.

By the way, I wasn't being defensive, I merely stated that your continous need to bring OYINBO into it all seems to stem from the fact that you do consider them gods(higher than you are) even though you presume we all THINK THAT WAY, when in actual sense, we don't.

no need to derail the thread with your oyinbo assumptions.

my question has to do with your exact scenario in the post i quoted.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
I hope them houses in Lekki come with swimming pool, helipad, beachfront and tennis courts. What would happen to those house prices if Nigeria keeps hurtling on its path toward failed state status?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ibime:

I hope them houses in Lekki come with swimming pool, helipad, beachfront and tennis courts. What would happen to those house prices if Nigeria keeps hurtling on its path toward failed state status?

Not all of them come at 80 milla. . . .
I found one for 35 milla - 5 bedroom terrace house.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Rich? Stay there dey denge! Your mates are into it. You don't have to be rich to get in on the game. I am into it myself and I can tell you it is EASY.

This is from the very same post!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^in other words, you're unaware of the risks and downsides involved in the business.

you do know you're not the only one who is into the same?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
Sauron
Tht ur 35milla house is not for peeps like me
If na dt kain house u wan buy, goodluck
Ibeju lekki? Wtf lives there?

@Ibime
Some friends are buildin a 50 unit state modern estate with all d gadget u can think of in yaba and its gonna be sold for 50milla
That's yaba

Terrace houses o with no helipad and swimmin pool
If u know how much houses go for in Lagos, omo u'll scream
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by felifeli: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
Chei this person still dey here with funny arithmetics? I don phone them for Yaba say I don find am o. Why these psychiatry people dey slow like this , he fit bite person for this place o ! grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
You don't say? undecided
Kobojunkie:

Rich? Stay there dey denge! Your mates are into it. You don't have to be rich to get in on the game. I am into it myself and I can tell you it is EASY. You don't even have to make $4000 a month to get a property, rent out the top floor or something, to get enough to pay for the whole house if possible. Heck, over here people are in business with it. Even college students  dey do am for here, and housing programs that help people pay off their rents here FUEL the industry big time. I(f you can get tenants from such programs, that is guaranteed rent each month for the lease period. I know cause I used to work on such a program.

Back some years ago, I had a friend who owned 3 properties. This dude na nurse and he worked himself like a slave too. But anyways, the guy was able to get 3 properties all paid for by tenants.

You come here dey tell person crap as if you dey talk to people wey no know anything. I just siddon dey watch you bounce from one moot point to another waiting for you to land. lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
tkb417:

Sauron
Tht your 35milla house is not for peeps like me
If na dt kain house u wan buy, goodluck
Ibeju lekki? Wtf lives there?

Don't misinform the public.

The one for 35 milla Naira is in Golden Park Estate in Lekki(either Phase 1 or 2). . .not Ibeju Lekki.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You don't say? undecided

we all have stories of how we bounced some years ago.

my point to you remains: are you aware others also have friends involved in this business.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by debosky(m): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
Na wa - see people making mouth anyhow.  cheesy

TKB abeg email me the prospectus for that property ASAP. . . .I need to buy a house so nobody can start insulting me for squatting in their crib.  grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by KennyG6(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
Blimey this thread has reached 19 pages! Na wa oooo
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
@sauron
I don't know why u like to argue o
Golden crown estate no dey phase 1 and 2
There are plenty estates in Abijo lekki with names like that so don't be deceived

@debosky
Are u serious? Good
U can get a place locked down with 10m deposit and u can talk to ur bank/aso savings and loan to finance the balance
Ill send u stuff

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Pdp Govs In Fresh Plot To Stop Buhari / Lagos LG Election: Protest Over Ballot Papers Found In Bus At Agege / Edward Adamu Biography: 12 Important Things To Know About New AMCON Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.