Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29877 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 5:15am On Jun 11, 2010
@Sauron!

Wow! Since I dont know nothing bout what yall yapping about I didnt contribute. But, I dont understand how people be telling bold faced lies when they bout to be outted. u, my friend, are a LIAR!!! U claimed the property (a 5 bedroom house) could be bought for 35mill, as soon as u was about to be outted u changed your claim to "any property"! Liar, liar, pants on fiyaaa!

This is your original claim below:

~Sauron~:

I don't care if Abijo Lekki is worse than Ajegunle.
Lekki is Lekki and if you peruse the link i provided, there's a 5-bedroom terrace house @ Golden Park Estate for 35 milla only.
35 X 3 is not 240 million Naira.
Try again. . . .

And this is your attempt to shift gears:

~Sauron~:

Nah. . . . . .not necessarily a 5 bedroom house.
My friend here(TKB) is arguing one cannot get ANY property for 35 milla in Lekki Phase 1/2.

DONT EVEN TRY A COMEBACK CUS I WILL BREAK your BALLS AND SHOVE EM UP your U KNOW WUT!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:37am On Jun 11, 2010
bk/babe97:

@Sauron!
Wow! Since I dont know nothing bout what yall yapping about I didnt contribute. But, I dont understand how people be telling bold faced lies when they bout to be outted. u, my friend, are a LIAR!!! U claimed the property (a 5 bedroom house) could be bought for 35mill, as soon as u was about to be outted u changed your claim to "any property"! Liar, liar, pants on fiyaaa!

May God open your spiritual eyes cos they seem to be blind. . . . .

I said i found an Estate in Golden Park(A 5 -bedroom terrace house) for 35 milla in Lekki.

http://www.bunchbay.com/classified/ads-nigeria/NICE-PROPERTIES-FOR-SALES.-2-889-zfm13.html
83. PROPERTY: A wing of 5bedroom terrace house at Golden Park Estate Lekki, going for N35m {Thirty five million naira only}

Someone(ftmom) who seems to know more about that neighbourhood came here to say all though people living in Golden Park Estate claims to reside in Lekki but they are not in the main LEKKI.

If you have a brain-cell, you would know i was only defending the claim of Martinosi who insisted there are people making 4000GBP/month with houses in Lekki area(whether his own Lekki area is the main Lekki or the outskirt Lekki, it's immaterial) - Lekki is Lekki.
Next time you want to call someone a liar - put your thinking faculty into a deeper task and stop ranting like a photosensitive epileptic patient.

DONT EVEN TRY A COMEBACK CUS[b] I WILL BREAK[/b] your BALLS AND SHOVE EM UP your U KNOW WUT!!!

You, Your Dad and the 7 generations before him in his LINEAGE cannot touch Sauron . . . .
If you think you are up to it, BRING IT ON.
I love having simpletons like you for LUNCH.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by SisiKill1: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2010
@Tpiah and Sauron
Get a room already! I'm trying to learn some math and finance and immigration law here and you two are distracting me with your love talks.

Jeez! I've never two people who are sooooo into each other like you two. It's. . . sweet. smiley
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2010
Ibime:

Make una wait make I go bring my scientific calculator come. . . N50m for house in Yaba?. . . . thank God for Port Harcourt!!! grin grin grin
dont even dare
properties in Lagos are daring

ask anybody

a ghanaian professor in a UNI in Yankee came to 9ja last year and while i was driving him around, he saw the vast developments going on in Lekki area and asked how much the houses were going for; i told him and he was like shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

that his house in ATL is bigger and not as expensive as the terrace houses we have in lekki
thats the world we live; may Fasola help the poor o grin grin grin
SEFAGO:

Ok, y'all be done with this gay conversation. Everyone knows that only poor people live in lekki phase 1/2. All the big boys on the island are in VI or Ikoyi.

Back to topicc
LOL, do u know 80milla cannot buy a plot of land in a good place in Ikoyi?
Im sure some guys here will know where zain is in Banana island
i wont dislose how much rent goes for in that building

rent per annum in that building will buy me a mansion in yankee grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

You, Your Dad and the 7 generations before him in his LINEAGE cannot touch Sauron . . . .

Hahahahaha. lol. Nice one!!!lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by hatch: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2010
finally you guys come to a cease fire,thats good. wink
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by AjanleKoko: 11:55am On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

Im sure some guys here will know where zain is in Banana island
i wont dislose how much rent goes for in that building

rent per annum in that building will buy me a mansion in yankee grin grin grin

A mansion? undecided
More like an entire housing project embarassed
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
AjanleKoko:

A mansion? undecided
More like an entire housing project embarassed
gbam!!!!

not even a mansion grin grin

abeg that rent is attrocious

some people need to be charged to court for that grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by DisGuy: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
So what world class facilities are in this Banana Island? abi no be this same one?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by idifu(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2010
my foot in yo a.s.s haterz hehehehe
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

@Tpiah and Sauron
Get a room already! I'm trying to learn some math and finance and immigration law here and you two are distracting me with your love talks.

Jeez! I've never two people who are sooooo into each other like you two. It's. . . sweet. smiley

It's not possible for me to love another woman when you are still ALIVE.
Sisikill n Sauron. . . . .Till death do us part. kiss kiss
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
Dis Guy:

So what world class facilities are in this Banana Island? abi no be this same one?
the place is messed up
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Ibime(m): 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

the place is messed up

Dis Guy don expose una. . . .Banana Island ko, Banana Republic ni!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
The topic has slowly veered off course; it's now about some schizophrenic fugitives day-dreaming of owning 3 houses in Lekki - from earning £4000/month! Ha ha ha. Talk about 'positive thinking'! If some of y'all have drug-trade connections or high-level fraud competencies (like Osharansha & co.), please say so, and go ahead to buy up the whole of Lekki and Ikoyi if you like. If not, please accept the BRUTAL FACT that all fingers are not equal, and kindly use the decent £4k/month you earn from washing old white yanshes to take care of yourself and solve family problems - rather than continue with these delusions of grandeur. Since when did nurses in yankee start owning homes in Beverly Hills or Malibu?!! Nigerians are a strange bunch! St.up.d 'awä nöö wä nbé' braggarts.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
Ibime:

Dis Guy don expose una. . . .Banana Island ko, Banana Republic ni!
hehehehe

thats what its called

that place is the scam of the century

no be me get the place na grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2010
pro01:

The topic has slowly veered off course; it's now about some schizophrenic fugitives day-dreaming of owning 3 houses in Lekki - from earning £4000/month! Ha ha ha. Talk about 'positive thinking'! If some of y'all have drug-trade connections or high-level fraud competencies (Osharansha & co.), please say so, and go ahead to buy up the whole of Lekki and Ikoyi. If not, please accept that all fingers are not equal, and kindly use the decent £4k/month you earn by washing old white yanshes to take care of your self and solve family problems - rather than continue with these delusions of grandeur. Since when did nurses in yankee start owning homes in Beverly Hills or Malibu?!! Nigerians are a strange bunch!
did you go to Kings College or where u sabi Osharansha from?
London?

ol boi, take it easy grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
^
London na small place na. Anyhow, e be like say you sef sabi small. E don do.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
pro01:

^
London na small place na. Anyhow, e be like say you sef sabi small. E don do.
sabi small ke?

i be refined criminal both in Lagos/London o grin grin

oya e don do cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2010
stupid nigerians. any dummy who pays 100 million for a property in nigeria needs to be castrated. this equates to about 700,000 dollars. i will buy 2 nice properties in kent with that amount and give it to the local council to put their people who are on job seekers allowance and housing benefit. lets say the rent on each property will be like 500 pounds a week (i will make them rooms so each person rents a room). that is 1000 pounds a week, this is 4000 pounds a month. then i will move to naija and that 4000 pounds a month will be my living expenses and then i will rent an apt in ikeja. thats what a wise person will do. so in essence i own 2 properties in a first world country and not one property in a banana republic grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by labiyemmy(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
Anyone who compares owing a house in the UK to owning a house in Nigeria must have his or her brain examined - give me one billion pounds- i will take all to Naija and invest it in property- not one pin will i spend on property in the UK. Banana republic or plantain republic - we like sucking the juices no matter what name you call it.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!!![/size]
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
is that the new thing to discuss?
lol

real estates in 9ja is a goldmine for people o (especially lagos and abuja)
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
Define Goldmine. When you Spend about $50,000 building a 2 flat  structure in many parts of Nigeria, and are able to collect about Naira 300,000 a year/two(in lagos especially) in rent , how is that a great deal?

Note: I use Naira 300,000 there but average rent in places like lagos is still below that amount. In Abuja, you probably will need to spend more but chances of getting the higher paying renters is still even lower.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Anyone who compares owing a house in the UK to owning a house in London must have his or her brain examined - give me one billion pounds- i will take all to Naija and invest it in property- not one pin will i spend on property in the UK. Banana republic or plantain republic - we like sucking the juices no matter what name you call it.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

did you go to Kings College or where u sabi Osharansha from?
London?

ol boi, take it easy grin grin grin

Where you sabi Osharansha?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Where you sabi Osharansha?
KC cheesy

Kobojunkie:

Define Goldmine. When you Spend about $50,000 building a 2 flat structure in many parts of Nigeria, and are able to collect about Naira 300,000 a year/two(in lagos especially) in rent , how is that a great deal?

Note: I use Naira 300,000 there but average rent in places like lagos is still below that amount. In Abuja, you probably will need to spend more but chances of getting the higher paying renters is still even lower.
KOBO friend me

first off, average rent in Lagos is like 450k for 3 bedroom cheesy

Lemme break it down for u

in Lagos, most devpts are usually build and sell off and in instances when they build to let, they are usually very pricey

the devpt i talked about in yaba will cost about 20 per build and each building is going for 50 milla

it will take 18 months to finish construction and that means in essence, if it will cost them 500m for tht estate, they are making more than 100% in 18 months

thats what i call a goldmine
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

KC cheesy
KOBO friend me

first off, average rent in Lagos is like 450k for 3 bedroom cheesy

Lemme break it down for u

in Lagos, most devpts are usually build and sell off and in instances when they build to let, they are usually very pricey

the devpt i talked about in yaba will cost about 20 per build and each building is going for 50 milla

it will take 18 months to finish construction and that means in essence, if it will cost them 500m for tht estate, they are making more than 100% in 18 months

thats what i call a goldmine

Dude, your math does not add up.

450K average in Lagos? I don't think so. most of Lagos cannot afford that for a 3 bedroom a year still. That ain't no average. Like I said, the average is still lower than $300K if you consider ALL of Lagos and not just the upper and posh parts.

If you are still speaking of Lekki, then I suggest you make sure you study the trends, and not get carried away by the numbers. I am not certain you can build in Lekki for Naira 50 million and sell for Naira 500 million. Seriously, if I met someone willing to pay that much for a house anywhere in Nigeria, I would personally tip crooks so they can go steal that money or something.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
: shocked shocked shocked shocked
ive told you to always read well b4 responding
1) what maths doesnt add up?

and the average rent in lagos for 3 bedroom is 450k- why are u arguing? what do u know?

2) my 50milla example yesterday was yaba not lekki and the 500milla is for a 50unit housing estate. 20m is the cost per build
abi u no sabi simple arithmetic?

Kobo read well b4 u respond o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dude, your math does not add up.

450K average in Lagos? I don't think so. most of Lagos cannot afford that for a 3 bedroom a year still. That ain't no average. Like I said, the average is still lower than $300K if you consider ALL of Lagos and not just the upper and posh parts. 

If you are still speaking of Lekki, then I suggest you make sure you study the trends, and not get carried away by the numbers. I am not certain you can build in Lekki for Naira 50 million and sell for Naira 500 million. Seriously, if I met someone willing to pay that much for a house anywhere in Nigeria, I would personally tip crooks so they can go steal that money or something.

Cheese n Rice!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Cheese n Rice!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
are u surprised

we need to investigate Kobo cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

: shocked shocked shocked shocked
ive told you to always read well b4 responding
1) what maths doesnt add up?

and the average rent in lagos for 3 bedroom is 450k- why are u arguing? what do u know?

What I know?

a) From the MOUTH of real estate folks in the same Lagos, Rent on a 3 bedroom is NOT at the average you have there considering different areas of Lagos still offer different rates only that many of the least populated happen to have the highest rates.

b) Majority of the populace in the state live in slums, unless you are now going to swell our heads with stories of how those who live in slums pay as high are N450,000 for rent in one year or that there are no families in the slums living in 3 bedrooms, I am sorry but your number there is higher than the suspected average I have heard and read from professionals in the field.

tkb417:

2) my 50milla example yesterday was yaba not lekki and the 500milla is for a 50unit housing estate.
20m is the cost per build
abi u no sabi simple arithmetic?

Kobo read well b4 u respond o

I am sorry but maybe you should type your retorts in, yes, ENGLISH, that bit there confused me a lot.

So, let me make sure I have this right.
Are you saying to build an estate of about 50 units, it will cost about 20 million per unit?

If yes, I assume that will include cost of land, right? Are you saying you will spend about 20 million to build a unit(1000(20 X50) Million for a 50 unit estate)and turn around and sell each unit for how much?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

are u surprised
we need to investigate Kobo cheesy

Gimme EFCC's number abeg. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Nigeria Army To Get New Uniforms / Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed / PDP Members Returning Their Cards In Katsina. (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.