Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate (9750 Views)

Poll: On a scale of 10?

10+: 31% (12 votes)
10-8: 47% (18 votes)
8-6: 15% (6 votes)
6-4: 2% (1 vote)
4-2: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Introducing Naija Rapper Godwon :: Winner Of Eminem Freestyle Battle / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Who Is Rap's Best Lyricist? EMINEM, JAY Z, NAS OR KANYE WEST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 11:13am On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Spitting on pussies before eating em is the wickedest line on that track. . . . . .
U can term it to mean 5 different things. . . . .Line so simple but yet ambiguous.

Abeg . . . Eminem's werre doesn't move me that much, but a witty Weezy closed down this track.

Money outweighing problems on the triple beam (Mo money mo problems)
I'm sticking to the script, you ***** skipping scenes
[i]Be good or be good at it

Fucking right I've got my gun, semi-Cartermatic[/i]
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

Abeg . . . Eminem's werre doesn't move me that much, but a witty Weezy closed down this track.

Money outweighing problems on the triple beam (Mo money mo problems)
I'm sticking to the script, you ***** skipping scenes
[i]Be good or be good at it

bleeping right I've got my gun, semi-Cartermatic[/i]

Eldee, these are baby-lines.
Lil Wayne cocked it up by rapping like he was reading from a newspaper. . . . .Nigga should learn how to spit it.

Look at Eminem's breath control and how he was weaving through the stack of lines. . . . .
That is the ART of rapping. . . . . . .Sometimes it ain't really about the words but how the words got spat.

It's a no-brainer. . . . . . . .The Caucasian of Rap sodomized Weezy yet again. grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by kaypumpin2(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

I disagree. . . . . . .

Expectedly. .

Em went the hardest. . . . .He had killer lines.

You can call me R. Kelly now, U-r-ine trouble!

So suck my diiick on the couch if you wanna cushion the blow

And apart from these 2 lines what else happened  undecided  Royce,Ortiz and Crooked made that track what it is,a BANGER.

Royce

You screaming ‘fuc.k the world’ with your middle finger up
While I’m over here shoving my d.i.c.k in a hole in the mud
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a Posse of Insane Clowns; blow your brains on your opposite ear
Then ask you how your brain sounds

Ortiz

Homie chill listen, I swear, I’m God; I give tracks a holy feel (Holyfield)
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Expectedly. .

And apart from these 2 lines what else happened undecided Royce,Ortiz and Crooked made that track what it is,a BANGER.

Royce

You screaming ‘bleep the world’ with your middle finger up
While I’m over here shoving my manliness in a hole in the mud
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a Posse of Insane Clowns; blow your brains on your opposite ear
Then ask you how your brain sounds

Ortiz

Homie chill listen, I swear, I’m God; I give tracks a holy feel (Holyfield)

Kay, you make me laugh o. . . . .

It's now about comparing Eminem's 16 lines to Slaughterhouse's 50 lines.
I think you are going to compare em individually.

Em vs Royce
Em vs Ortiz
Em vs Crooked I.

Em versus Royce + Ortiz + Crooked I will be unfair.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by DBR: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2010
Weezy line were ok, but total package, delivery, energy, lyrics that's the Fire marshal!

"they say competition is stiff/
but i got a hard d!ck/ from the sh!t/
and stick it in/" grin  .  . .Em na Were!

But I'm fucking with the greatest verse of all time
So you might want to go back to the lab tonight and um/
Scribble out them rhymes you were going to spit
And start over from scratch and write new ones/
But I'm afraid that it ain't gonna make no difference. . .

This na big braggin o, as in re write ur verse as many times as u want , u cant come close to me. . .

The only track Em felt the heat and was proven mortal was wit Nickle 9 and Ortiz . cheesy

oNe
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by kaypumpin2(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

It's now about comparing Eminem's 16 lines to Slaughterhouse's 50 lines.
I think you are going to compare em individually.

Em vs Royce
Em vs Ortiz
Em vs Crooked I.

Crooked was the weakest link in terms of punchline but boy,did he make up for that with his gustorial delivery?
I have listened to that track a million times to find a reason to award Em the best on that track,until something in mind asked me if i did that to Em's other collabos.

DBR:

Weezy line were ok, but total package, delivery, energy, lyrics that's the Fire marshal!

"they say competition is stiff/
but i got a hard manliness/ from the droppings/
and stick it in/" grin . . .Em na Were!

But I'm bleeping with the greatest verse of all time
So you might want to go back to the lab tonight and um/
Scribble out them rhymes you were going to spit
And start over from scratch and write new ones/
But I'm afraid that it ain't gonna make no difference. . .

This na big braggin o, as in re write your verse as many times as u want , u cant come close to me. . .

The only track Em felt the heat and was proven mortal was wit Nickle 9 and Ortiz . cheesy

oNe

Word. . .Weezy needs to do something about his laid back approach to lines especially when he's on track with someone like Em'.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2010
Abeg Em killed Wayne on that track jor. Yeah Weezy had some decent punches but Em's flow alone killed it. But that Session One track, that one na another story
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Eldee, these are baby-lines.
Lil Wayne cocked it up by rapping like he was reading from a newspaper. . . . .Nigga should learn how to spit it.

Look at Eminem's breath control and how he was weaving through the stack of lines. . . . .
That is the ART of rapping. . . . . . .Sometimes it ain't really about the words but how the words got spat.

It's a no-brainer. . . . . . . .The Caucasian of Rap sodomized Weezy yet again. grin

Thank you . . . now you see exactly what I've been saying.
Lil Wayne's bars were better than Em's but Em's fire on the delivery was on some next level.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm used to Em on this level, but Weezy's verse is the only thing you remember when the track's over.

But it's "ffuucck the world", get a child out her
Yeah, my life a b***h, but you know nothing bout her

He turned over every catchphrase in hiphop, that's creative.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by DBR: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

grin grin grin
Well, Nickled owned Em on it,but only drew with Ortiz.
The only dude i ikno/think Em fears is Niclkle 9!
Yea . . i said it! cool

oNe
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

Thank you . . . now you see exactly what I've been saying.
Lil Wayne's bars were better than Em's but Em's fire on the delivery was on some next level.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm used to Em on this level, but Weezy's verse is the only thing you remember when the track's over.

But it's "ffuucck the world", get a child out her
Yeah, my life a b***h, but you know nothing bout her

He turned over every catchphrase in hiphop, that's creative.

How about this for a punchline. . . .

You can still get roasted because Marsh is not mellow grin grin grin grin grin

If you listen to those lyrics again, you would know Eminem murdered Weezy.
These lines are sacred!!! It's not what you get in the open market. grin

DBR:

grin grin grin
Yea . . i said it! cool

oNe

Go and listen to "Scary Movies".
'Nuff said!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2010
@DBR & Sauron

How about this for the best closing line on the whole album . . . 'No love lost, no love found'
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

@DBR & Sauron

How about this for the best closing line on the whole album . . . 'No love lost, no love found'

Weezy's snail speed murked up his carefully written lyrics.
Tell him to up the ante next time. . . . . .U don't collabo with Eminem rapping like you are collaboing with Lady Gaga.
This is RAPPING not guesting appearing on a R-n-B song.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
DBR:

grin grin grin
Yea . . i said it!  cool

oNe

Eminem is not really good at punchlines . . . he's admitted that much.
Anyone listening will see a common trend.

'Turn the tree over to turn a new leaf'

'Go to the cornerpub and raise the bar'

'stand on the monopoly board to be on to of the game'

Lil Wayne and Slaughterhouse are punchline people, they'll do it in their sleep.
Listen to Talking to Myself and see what Em said.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Weezy's snail speed murked up his carefully written lyrics.
Tell him to up the ante next time. . . . . .U don't collabo with Eminem rapping like you are collaboing with Lady Gaga.
This is RAPPING not guesting appearing on a R-n-B song.

That helps the punchlines to sink better . . . you miss those one-liners and that's it.
Eminem's lines didn't touch Weezy's on that song.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

Lil Wayne and Slaughterhouse are punchline people, they'll do it in their sleep.
This doesn't make sense. Em is not good at punchlines? Go and listen to Infinite. He was referring to his drug addiction days in Talkin' 2 Myself
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

A seasoned MC Battler is not good at punchlines?
How did he win all those MC Battles he's done if his punchlines are weak?

Royce 5'9" the best negro in Slaughterhouse cannot touch Eminem in a battle. . . . .
Not to now talk of weak spines like Weezy or whatever. . . . ."Talking To Myself" was Eminem rapping about his state of mind during his drug addiction.

He said he woulda been taken apart then if he had dissed any mainstream rapper cos he has not been penning new lyrics.
U really think Kanye/Weezy will take Eminem apart in a battle? Pass the weed you are smoking to the left hand side, Eldee.

Eminem is a beast.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
@Sauron

You don't need to have great punchlines to be a good battle M.C.
Eminem is a great rapper but not a punchline rapper, he even admitted that his punchlines weren't compact . . . listen to 'Won't back Down'
Eminem always tells the truth about himself, I talked about Relapse being wack, y'all said I was bullshitting, till Eminem said it himself.

'Set fire to the mic and ignite the crowd'

'I'll cut my toes off
And step on the receipt before I foot the bill'

@Genuflect

Why should I go listen to Infinite, it's like saying, 'I think Nas is the best rapper in 2010, go listen to Illmatic'
Eminem's style has changed since then, the Eminem we know is more descriptive and emotional with amazing delivery.

I pointed to the punchlines on Recovery, compare them to people like Jay-Z and Joe Budden.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

@Genuflect

Why should I go listen to Infinite, it's like saying, 'I think Nas is the best rapper in 2010, go listen to Illmatic'
Eminem's style has changed since then, the Eminem we know is more descriptive and emotional with amazing delivery.

I pointed to the punchlines on Recovery, compare them to people like Jay-Z and Joe Budden.
Did you specify any year or period? You just said Eminem is not good at punchlines. Which I don't agree with. I can't even quote any of 'em right now. They are too many good ones. Punchlines might not be his mainstay but that doesn't mean he's not good at it
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by DBR: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee, bleep outta here! watya mean Em aint a punchline mc??

Plus look how u "elementrylised" those barz, if he spat them as simplistic as that wld be weak.
I'll rip a tree out the ground and flip it upside down b4 I turn over a new leaf is not same as

Strong enuff to raise the whole liquor counter up cos im raising the bar"
is quite different from

Em is as dope as hell as well, . .Royce is just better!
But "off the dome" battle, not sure if royce will win, but on wax Nickle 9 is Em's headache.
Altho "Off the dome" battle Juice also tot Em some lessons. grin
Nonedaless, dont let it be a quote tied to u that Em aint boxer with them punches.

oNe
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

@Sauron

You don't need to have great punchlines to be a good battle M.C.
Eminem is a great rapper but not a punchline rapper, he even admitted that his punchlines weren't compact . . . listen to 'Won't back Down'
Eminem always tells the truth about himself, I talked about Relapse being wack, y'all said I was bullshitting, till Eminem said it himself.

He's got a very high standard. . . .so even when he says his punchlines ain't compact. . . .the level is still higher than all his peers in the industry.
Apart from Canibus(in his prime) and prolly Immortal Tech. . . . .I dunno anyone better, ma friend
Eminem is the SHYTEEEEEEEEE.

'Set fire to the mic and ignite the crowd'
'I'll cut my toes off
And step on the receipt before I foot the bill'

Trust you to bring out the basic ones. . . .

What about. . . . .

"My fillet is smoking weed, get back when the steaks(stakes) are high"

DBR:

Altho "Off the dome" battle Juice also tot Em some lessons. grin
Nonedaless, dont let it be a quote tied to u that Em aint boxer with them punches.

oNe

I hope you know this isn't true. . . . .

That battle was rigged.
After Eminem and Juice went SIX DRAWS. . . .The crowd gave the battle to Juice.

Now letz look at it. . . .
The crowd wanted one of their own(A Californian born) to win it and not an unknown Wigga from Detroit.
As at 1997, majority of rap fans still think it was a blasphemy for a white rapper to spit lines on a mic.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by DBR: 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2010

Now letz look at it. . . .
The crowd wanted one of their own(A Californian born) to win it and not an unknown Wigga from Detroit.
As at 1997, majority of rap fans still think it was a blasphemy for a white rapper to spit lines on a mic.
U makin it sound IWUish and PDPishh!
C'mon Sauron, Hasnt Em been winning major battles in black states b4 he met Juice??
It takes nothin from Em but Juice owned him .Period!

oNe
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
Em losing 1 battle (even though it's controversial) doesn't take anything away from him. He is still a beast!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2010
DBR:

U makin it sound IWUish and PDPishh!
C'mon Sauron, Hasnt Em been winning major battles in black states b4 he met Juice??
It takes nothin from Em but Juice owned him .Period!

oNe

The Rap Olympics championship was held in Los Angeles.

Eminem had to fly out from Detroit to battle Mc Juice(who was more famous than Eminem as at then) in California.
White vs Black, Foreigner vs Local, Letz face it. . . .The odds were stacked against Em. If he was Black, he woulda won the battle hands down.
The battle shoulda ended in Round 3 when Eminem cremated him but the crowd called it a DRAW.

Watch the battle again. . . .

Genuflect:

Em losing 1 battle (even though it's controversial) doesn't take anything away from him. He is still a beast!!!

In all honesty, that battle was over-controversial.
I am glad Juice said it himself that Eminem was the greatest he battled with. . . . .He knew Eminem shoulda won without a doubt.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2010
@DBR, Sauron
Those lines were off the top of my head, at the end of the day, they all have the same trend.
Anyone that listens will spot it . . .

Take sum everyday figurative phrase and literalise them.

It's not like the other guys that could go diverse wiv em . . . say Canibus, Budden, Lil Wayne.
It's not bad or anything, you cannot be a narrator and a punchline rapper at the same time, one has to give way for the other.

Eminem chose the narrative part, which he does better than anyone in the game, see Loose Yourself . . . he'll descibe minor things that others will ignore . . . but his punchlines are just not it.

You want me to give you ten great Immortal Technique/ Lil Wayne punchlines, I will, for Eminem, I'll have to go listen again.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

@DBR, Sauron
Those lines were off the top of my head, at the end of the day, they all have the same trend.
Anyone that listens will spot it . . .

It's not like the other guys that could go diverse wiv em . . . say Canibus, Budden, Lil Wayne.
It's not bad or anything, you cannot be a narrator and a punchline rapper at the same time, one has to give way for the other.

Eminem chose the narrative part, which he does better than anyone in the game, see Loose Yourself . . . he'll descibe minor things that others will ignore . . . but his punchlines are just not it.

You want me to give you ten great Immortal Technique/ Lil Wayne punchlines, I will, for Eminem, I'll have to go listen again.

I take it that Eminem's lyrics are too fast for your thought process. . . .
That's the problem you are having. . . . .U have to rewind several times to catch what he's trying to say. grin grin grin grin
Start speaking more to Caucasians. . . . .Your interaction with Mgbekes dey slow down your senses. grin grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

I take it that Eminem's lyrics are too fast for your thought process. . . .
That's the problem you are having. . . . .U have to rewind several times to catch what he's trying to say. grin grin grin grin
Start speaking more to Caucasians. . . . .Your interaction with Mgbekes dey slow down your senses. grin grin grin

Hehehe . . . I live in England, there are lyrics websites everywhere.
I know a good punchline when I see one, Eminem doesn't do them good.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . I live in England, there are lyrics websites everywhere.
I know a good punchline when I see one, Eminem doesn't do them good.

I disagree. . . .
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by DBR: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
eldee:

@DBR, Sauron

@Eldee
watya mean u cant combine the 2 skills.
Wat r u on about? U cant Punch and Narate
Even Budden and Nickle 9 switch on both lanes. .Fuuk outta here.
Em punchlines ARE NOT IT? Jeeez. . that's a 1st.
I guess u listenin to him backwards.
Even @ that im sure it'l be like round house punches grin

oNe
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2010
@DBR

You know what, I'm done arguing . . . Eminem's punchlines are not good.
It's simple, if you said that about Canibus, Modenine or even J.Cole, I'd have brought out a whole list of crazy punchlines to prove you wrong.

I showed you a continuing trend in Em's punchlines, no one could dispute it.
All you guys are doing is 'nah, it can't be true', 'you didn't hear them' . . . gimme sumn that can hold water abeg.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by coolguyz(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
on a lightermood, someone tweeted wt saucekid bout Em's verse on ''No Love'' some minutes ago on twitter

@ldfbaby: Eminem still got it

@saucekid: exactly$ murdered weezy

@ldfbaby: made weezy look like [i]eedris abdulkareem [/i]in that joint (this is actually wat got me laffing grin grin grin grin)

as stated above - just to cool the nerves ni o. so dnt hang on my cock over this. . . . na for twitter i get this o wink
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 6:46am On Jul 24, 2010
seeeeen

so i'm not the only one who thought weezy outrapped eminem on no love!!!
weezy's flow on no love was on point. perfectly rode the beat. eminem just did his usual stuff. same flow, same message. and by same message i mean no message. if you all just want to hear weak punchlines spat really fast, might as well listen to twista instead.

and about eminem's silly punchlines, come on.

'treat me like stairs, just step'.

eminem is just about his flow these days. the only reason he doesn't 'elementarylise' his punchlines is because he always has to spit over-long bars.

'climb on monopoly board and be on top of his game'?

'raise the bar'?

eminem's punches are weak and uncreative.

seriously, the lines you guys have been posting, i've been wondering what you guys find impressive about them. you guys don't listen to enough rap. this shxt is basic.

'your flow's aquafina/ i'm katrina'

why not go and listen to slaughterhouse instead?

eldee:

@DBR

You know what, I'm done arguing . . . Eminem's punchlines are not good.
It's simple, if you said that about Canibus, Modenine or even J.Cole, I'd have brought out a whole list of crazy punchlines to prove you wrong.
tell them o.
basic at best. it's not by force to use punchlines naw.

I showed you a continuing trend in Em's punchlines, no one could dispute it.
All you guys are doing is 'nah, it can't be true', 'you didn't hear them' . . . gimme sumn that can hold water abeg.
now you know what it's like arguing with you. lol

btw who cares what saucekid says? didn't he say nas was wack?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Mobinga: 3:45am On Aug 25, 2010
Cant Believe no one got this.

On Fire
/I'm wasting punchlines but i've got so many to spare, I just taught of another one that might-go-here /
/Nah save it psycho! don't waste your punchlines here/
/Plus you gotta re-write those lines that you said about Michaels Hair/

HipHopHeads! You missed this!

Ill!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mafikizolo – Happiness Ft May D [video Download] / VIDEO: Tiwa Savage – One / MIXTAPE: Dj Integrity – Party Gyration Mixtape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.