Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate (9746 Views)

Poll: On a scale of 10?

10+: 31% (12 votes)
10-8: 47% (18 votes)
8-6: 15% (6 votes)
6-4: 2% (1 vote)
4-2: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Introducing Naija Rapper Godwon :: Winner Of Eminem Freestyle Battle / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Who Is Rap's Best Lyricist? EMINEM, JAY Z, NAS OR KANYE WEST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Wordsmith(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2010
Eminem is no punchline rapper. If you listen to his battles (particularly the '97 Rap Olympics, and his freestyles e.g Afraid Of A Blade), you'd see his strength lies mainly in personals and his deliveries. Punchlining? c'mon! even his battles on wax (case in point, Cage, Everlast, Benzino, Murda Inc. e.t.c) were more of personals than punchlines woven into them. The 8 Mile movie even ascertains his style of battling - flow and straight cut dissing.

On the track No Love, let's face it, he wasn't as spectacular as some of you have made claim to. . . and them punches y'all dropped were weak land at best decent. Want punches? listen to 'Bis, Immortal Technique, Diabolique, Royce tha '59, Crooked, in short, the whole Slaughterhouse. then compare them to what Em spat, you'd get the point. . .
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by 04kaa: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2010
this goat wordsmith has come online to misyarn again, wordsmit they don release u for ur abule eleba prison grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by 04kaa: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2010
btw most of these e-diots yabbing jib jab about eminem know nothing about hiphop. daft heads
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by slimshay(m): 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
Punches? You'll still get roasted cos marsh aint mellow?

What's dat, a tickle?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by vcvision: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2010
This video is my piece of work, please check it out;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDoYM33V0sM

In addition to this, i have 10 audio tracks. Advice, ideas and support are needed, thankx.

Tel: +2347038072382
Email: vc_vision@yahoo.com

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by poweredcom(m): 1:41am On Aug 29, 2010
TML was alright. Drake does know how to do his hooks and beats. It's a pity Eminem can't do the same. After so many years in the game. At least Nas ran to uncle Damian when he knew he couldn't pick beats to save his life. lmao

[color=#006600]THIS POSTER ON THE FIRST PAGE MUST BE DUMB FOR SAYING NAS RAN TO DAMIAN.ITS A COLLABO ALBUM TO HELP AFRICAN KIDS GO TO SCHOOL AND IT WAS TIGHT DISTANCE RELATIVE IS THE BEST AND HARDEST ALBUM I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE, RAGGA AND RAP BEST OF BOTH BRAINS[/color]

Eminem is no punchline rapper. If you listen to his battles (particularly the '97 Rap Olympics, and his freestyles e.g Afraid Of A Blade), you'd see his strength lies mainly in personals and his deliveries. Punchlining? c'mon! even his battles on wax (case in point, Cage, Everlast, Benzino, Murda Inc. e.t.c) were more of personals than punchlines woven into them. The 8 Mile movie even ascertains his style of battling - flow and straight cut dissing.

On the track No Love, let's face it, he wasn't as spectacular as some of you have made claim to. . . and them punches y'all dropped were weak land at best decent. Want punches? listen to 'Bis, Immortal Technique, Diabolique, Royce tha '59, Crooked, in short, the whole Slaughterhouse. then compare them to what Em spat, you'd get the point. .

@WORDSMITH

Na ewu U be, How do u define a dope MC that what eminem is ok go try am u go feel him punch when him diss your ass
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by mcbhydemi: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2010
The dumbest person on this thread was the one that said eminem's despicable freestyle was wack.(the 2nd page or there about)
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by mcbhydemi: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2010
Why this vc_vision just the post this stuff about, abeg, U wan promote ur stuff.then kindly create a thread nstead of dis kind stuff
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2010
poweredcom:

[color=#006600]THIS POSTER ON THE FIRST PAGE MUST BE DUMB FOR SAYING NAS RAN TO DAMIAN.ITS A COLLABO ALBUM TO HELP AFRICAN KIDS GO TO SCHOOL AND IT WAS TIGHT DISTANCE RELATIVE IS THE BEST AND HARDEST ALBUM I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE, RAGGA AND RAP BEST OF BOTH BRAINS[/color]
You dey find trouble abi?
I never said it wasn't for 'African kids' (None that I've heard of in 9ja though), I never said it wasn't tight, and if it's the best album you've ever heard in your life, you must have been born not too long ago.
Illmatic, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes and It Was Written IMO are better than DR.

@WORDSMITH

Na ewu U be, How do u define a dope MC that what eminem is ok go try am u go feel him punch when him diss your backside

If y'all actually took the time to listen to Eminem you'd find out that his punches are usually average-weak.

Punchlines aren't what made him famous. Nobody said he wasn't dope.

Oga go and learn how to read jor.[quote][/quote]
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by clipsy: 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2010
for a first timer in punchlining he wasn't bad at all i mean listen to on fire, cinderella man and some oda tracks i feel his punchline
on scissors and shiit on not afraid was maddd i didn't decipher that on time
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by clipsy: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
@ hax u are totally right punchlines didn't make em but his delivery' rhyming pattern, wordplays are doooooooope
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Wordsmith(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2010
04kaa:

this goat wordsmith has come online to misyarn again, wordsmit they don release u for your abule eleba prison grin grin

bolaji abi 04ka abi wetin call, you don dey craze abi? ab'opolo e ti finally fokasibe as your name implies? you need to quit e-wanking on my name, get yourself a life other than the one you have online (. . .which unfortunately, is as a retard). next time you don't have anything ta say ,you sharrap! sho ti gbo?

By the way, okele die ben ninu le. o le lo je. to ba de ti pari, gbogbo pata to man wo yen, ko ya fo, iwo olorun yi, omo jati jati cheesy tongue
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by 04kaa: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2010
Wordsmith:

04ka abi wetin call, you don dey craze abi? ab'opolo e ti finally fokasibe as your name implies? you need to quit e-wanking on my name, get yourself a life other than the one you have online (. . .which unfortunately, is as a retard). next time you don't have anything ta say ,you sharrap! sho ti gbo?

By the way, okele die ben ninu le. o le lo je. to ba de ti pari, gbogbo pata to man wo yen, ko ya fo, iwo olorun yi, omo jati jati cheesy tongue

ha oloshi, u don carry load for idumota don collect money go buy internet time for cafe again abi, oloshi buruku,, u don run comot again, wait now make i sama ur head for hia. omo were iwo digbolugi buruku yi. grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by shadyBaba: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2010
, my favourite eminem album is the eminem show, i luv recovery but the thing is, the songs sound alike, eminem maintained one style of rap through the album and i tot he shoud hav dun diff. stuff over the course of the album, like, in eminem show, you know the difference in the rap style in tracks like; till i collapse, cleaning out my closet, without me, business, drips, but in recovery, all his raps are loud and high pitched!! but i think it's a gr8 album, not afraid is my favourite track still
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by shadyBaba: 11:02am On Aug 31, 2010
yeah and as for punchlines, i was kinda impressed, em is not a punchline rapper but he's been throwin' dem on since pre-recovery tracks like forever, drop the world and then on the recovery album too

Not Afraid: Cause the way I feel, I'm strong enough to go to the club
or the corner pub, and lift the whole liquor counter up
Cause I'm raising the bar

Drop the World: I stole that fcukin' clock, I took the time
And I came up from behind and pretty much snuck up
And butt bleeped this game up

Sleep on me that pillow is where your head'll lie
Permanently b*tch,

Forever: Im Hannibal Lecter so just in case youre thinking of saving face
You aint gonna have no face to save by the time I'm through with this place

Wont back down: Gotta shake that backside like a Donkey with Parkinsons

No love: Man get these whack cocksuckers off stage
Where the bleep is Kanye when you need him?

these among others, d-d-d-dope
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by icezik1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2010
@shadyBaba
Yeah, I like the punchlines he has started adding to his songs
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by mcbhydemi: 4:53am On Sep 03, 2010
He had punchlines in his song before, its just that its not concentrated as thus,

"i don't rap for dead presidents, i'd rather see the precedent dead, its never been said but i said PRECEDENT"
"sorry lance, mr lambort, gon make it/they get so mad when i call em old fake its(gays)"

He had others, just can remember much right now
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by poweredcom(m): 1:33am On Sep 04, 2010
@HAX

Oga punchline .Look if you are here looking for Blows rap you bet gat ya mind right Ok.if Eminem Like let him dont kick punchlines.in his new album its does not mater i bet ya what he hs created for Hiphop history matters Ok,

.have u send this white Kid called Mac Miller he is Ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAbszcy3bs

Look Rap is loosing its tradition .Ok only few walk the walk and talk the talk Ok
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2010
25 To Life . . . my new favourite song on Recovery, this has to be the most underrated track on that album.
Every good rap album has the rapper flossing with his lyrical skills . . . like Nas did on Rewind and Hov did on D'evils, 25-to Life is Recovery's equivalent of that.

He describes hiphop as a woman, his girlfriend that looks down on him and plays him. . . and the metaphors just leave you confused for a second.
The first verse where he went. . . 'Imma take control of this relationship command it, and imma be the boss of you now' . . . 'Look at how I dress bleeping baggy sweats' . . . he has to wear the whole rapper costume when he performs.

Eminem is easily the best rapper alive . . . 'But you keep treating me like a staircase its time to bleeping step' prolly talking about how hiphop stays famous with white America and Europe because of Eminem.

You screaming as I walk out that ill be missed
But when you spoke to people who meant the most to you
You left me off your list

It's funny how you'll rarely see a Top 5 list with Eminem, but we all know this guy is next level, prolly the most versatile rapper hiphop's ever seen.
The fact that he used '25 to life'. . . hiphop is prison and he's divorcing her just makes this sicker.
Eminem is genius.

1 Like

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Mobinga: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
Earlier on this thread you were talking crap bout the album?? YWhy the sudden change
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Fred87(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2010
I tot i was d only1 who saw it.o4kaa has a word to qualify dis sudden change in mind/tot/reasonin, ***eeezz
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mobinga:

Earlier on this thread you were talking crap bout the album?? YWhy the sudden change
Ode. You nko? No be you yan dust for the beginning of the thread?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mobinga:

It's not a 'sudden change' listening to an Eminem album about 30 times shows you his genius.
Also, I compared his delivery to everyone else, he's on sum next level.

Fred87:

I tot i was d only1 who saw it.o4kaa has a word to qualify dis sudden change in mind/tot/reasonin, ***eeezz

There's a word for what you do, it's called 'stalking'. I don't even remember your name from anywhere.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Mobinga: 12:11am On Sep 24, 2010
Genuflect:

Ode. You nko? No be you yan dust for the beginning of the thread?
grin grin No that time I been dey listen to relapse grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 2:53am On Sep 24, 2010
Mobinga:

grin grin No that time I been dey listen to relapse grin
Shut the fukk up. Na follow follow go kill you grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Mobinga: 3:00am On Sep 24, 2010
Genuflect:

Shut the fukk up. Na follow follow go kill you grin
grin grin grin I'm serious oh. . . I hadn't listened to the album then. . . I heard a couple of tracks and it sounded like thrash. . .coz he was using too too much energy on almost every track. . . tongue
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 3:08am On Sep 24, 2010
Mobinga:

grin grin grin I'm serious oh. . . I hadn't listened to the album then. . . I heard a couple of tracks and it sounded like thrash. . .coz he was using too too much energy on almost every track. . . tongue
Na the lack of that energy make me no like Drake album. Eminem is well known for his energy gbogbotigbo so what the hell are you talking about
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Fred87(m): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2010
@eldee.nxt tym use d word 'taming' nd not 'stalking' moreova i dont xpect u to rememba me boi.eeeezz
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2010
Fred87:

@eldee.nxt tym use d word 'taming' nd not 'stalking' moreova i dont xpect u to rememba me boi.eeeezz

Damn . . . at least you don't expect to be remembered, my opinion counts to you . . . your existence doesn't to me.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Emperor5c(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
my best are
no love ft lil wayne
talking 2 myself ft kobe
cinderrella man
never over
so bad
25 to life
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Fred87(m): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
@eldee most def u right in ur own right,i repeat nt by U boi.9te.eeeezz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kelly Hansome – Verbal Gymnastics (open Letter Cover) / Mafikizolo – Happiness Ft May D [video Download] / VIDEO: Tiwa Savage – One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.