Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate (9748 Views)

Poll: On a scale of 10?

10+: 31% (12 votes)
10-8: 47% (18 votes)
8-6: 15% (6 votes)
6-4: 2% (1 vote)
4-2: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Introducing Naija Rapper Godwon :: Winner Of Eminem Freestyle Battle / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Who Is Rap's Best Lyricist? EMINEM, JAY Z, NAS OR KANYE WEST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
the intro of ''untilted is sicker than the rest of the song, he is even rapping on TI style beats, enimen effffed up wit beats jare, next song jo
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
COLD WIND BLOWS IS ENIMEM STYLE BEAT BUT IT IS WACK, WHAT IS TUM TARANRANTEM TUNTARA, WTF??
ENIMEM EFF UP BIG TYME. JO shocked shocked shocked

ALBUM IS A FLOP, MAKE HE LEAVE MARIAH JO, FUCCCKEED UP ALBUM, AM NOT FEELIN IT, AT ALL .AINT NOTHING LIKE SLIM SHADY ALBUM grin grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
[size=38pt]THE ALBUM IS BELOW PAR [/size]
I GUESS AMA JUST PLAY LIL JON NEW ALBUM CRUNK ROCK, MAKE I HEAR CORRECT BEATS. WHERE IS THE REAL SLIM SHADY, 2010 EMINEM IS SO WACK. embarassed lipsrsealed

'''TALKIN TO MYSELF'''' BEAT IS LIKE STUPID. WHAT IS THAT.
WTP IS OK THO
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by obinna5000(m): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ofokaofoki
Ol' Boy! No near Lil' Jon new album "Crunk Rock". Its wack. tongue
Its only 4 songs that are tight most especially the ones with Damien Marley & R. Kelly
Lil' Jon should only be producing and forget about rapping.

As for Eminem's Recovery, I've not heard the whole album but the track on the album he did with Lil' Wayne (No Love) was OK.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by tunamania(m): 4:17am On Jun 11, 2010
he already said it,not everybody want him back,guys i think u should listen to the album without relapse in ur minds and u'd know its a pretty worked on album,i'd give it an 8 seriously i'm personally hooked on songs like w.t.p,not afraid is my favorite,talking to myself is nice,i got issues though with all other tracks he featued peeps on,cinderella man nice hook too,abeg just try to listen to the album and also not with a biased mind ma people
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by tunamania(m): 4:18am On Jun 11, 2010
he already said it,not everybody want him back,guys i think u should listen to the album without relapse in ur minds and u'd know its a pretty worked on album,i'd give it an 8 seriously i'm personally hooked on songs like w.t.p,not afraid is my favorite,talking to myself is nice,i got issues though with all other tracks he featued peeps on,cinderella man nice hook too,abeg just try to listen to the album and also not with a biased mind ma people
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by stkris(m): 4:22am On Jun 11, 2010
the recovery album is definitely da shiznit. . i've listened to d entire album n am'a give it an 8/10. am'a be runnin into best buy on d day it drops. . no doubt!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Mobinga: 3:01am On Jun 12, 2010
WORST EMINEM ALBUM OF ALL TIME!
These beats are not Typical eminem.
Heck I enjoyed relapse more than this crap.
Eminem just died.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by ofokaofoki: 6:23am On Jun 12, 2010
Mobinga:

WORST EMINEM ALBUM OF ALL TIME!
These beats are not Typical eminem.
Heck I enjoyed relapse more than this crap.
Eminem just died.

oho me and mobinga dey think alike, the new eminem is wack period
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by meplus: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2010
Though, nt yet listened to the album yet,bt im realy liking, talking 2 myself and not afraid,bt the track wt pink is kinda rock bt atleast still ok.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2010
Haven't listened to it yet. Only checked a few tracks, and it's same old new introspective Em. Can his flow save his poor beat selection? I'll post my thoughts sometime later this week. I've found something better to listen to.
Pac Div- Broccoli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PceO2pzfCTQ
Peep this like a perv.

Real sick.

What's better than Pac Div? Pac Div AND Pill!
Pac Div- Birds (feat. Pill)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M668_IOEjqc

Know what's EVEN better?
Pac Div- Here We Go (feat. 2Pac)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVhNDPtaEwA

Have too much new stuff to listen to. I'll listen to Eminem later jor. lol
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
hax:

This is one position I don't really like. Defending one who's 10x less sh-itty than the other.

Whatever.

Show Me a Good Time, Over, and Fireworks hooks were better than everything on B.o.B's  apart from Nothin On You. Which was by Bruno Mars anyways. lol
Seriously? With terrible hooks like 'Bet I', 'The Kids' and 'Past My Shades'? I'm sure you wouldn't like to be caught singing the hook of 'Fame'. And if the hook of '5th dimension' is your thing, then well, good for you. You want less rap in hip hop music anyways.

You think the hooks of Past My Shades and Magic are 'terrible'??
Bet I's is horrible?? I get the fact that y'all 'hiphop heads' are anti-South, but you must be tone-deaf to spew fuckery like this.

hax:

Umm. . . so?

So your thing about . . 'he sang on that track, he's not hiphop' or 'R'n'B' must be Boyz II Men is complete B.S.
Give me a better informed argument.

hax:

REALLY? Real rock fans love Kanye? lmao

Well that's if the fact that he's performed at bigger rock concerts than Arctic Monkeys should be taken into account.

hax:

No. If I want to listen to RnB, I'll buy Alicia's latest.

Well, I don't discriminate against good music . . . I've got Element of Freedom, but I've also got Usher's U Don't Have To Call.
I don't care bout your taste in music, the only people that take self proclaimed 'hiphop heads' serious are other 'hiphop heads'.

hax:

Thank God The Roots are dropping an album in 2 weeks time. Heard enough sh-it recently.

Erm . . . okay!!!

hax:

I'm happy you didn't even try to compare Drake and B.o.B's lyrical skills. But I'm sure his horrible singing and pop beats make up for it though.

Dunno whatchu talking about.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
eldee:

You think the hooks of Past My Shades and Magic are 'terrible'??
Bet I's is horrible?? I get the fact that y'all 'hiphop heads' are anti-South, but you must be tone-deaf to spew fuckery like this.
i r nt anti-souf.
Yup. They are terrible. Chanting the same line over and over isn't cool.

[hook]
Past my shades (x12) lmao

So your thing about . . 'he sang on that track, he's not hiphop' or 'R'n'B' must be Boyz II Men is complete B.S.
Give me a better informed argument.
You're doing a good job yourself. lol
More singing + more pop beats + less rapping = more hip-hop. grin

Well that's if the fact that he's performed at bigger rock concerts than Arctic Monkeys should be taken into account.
But it shouldn't.

Well, I don't discriminate against good music . . . I've got Element of Freedom, but I've also got Usher's U Don't Have To Call.
I don't care bout your taste in music, the only people that take self proclaimed 'hiphop heads' serious are other 'hiphop heads'.
lmao
Nice one.
Neither do I. That's why I'll listen to anything with an open mind and give it a fair chance. Or I wouldn't even listen to Drake in the first place. I like listening to good music. I don't mind where it comes from.

Erm . . . okay!!!
You should try it too. Good hip-hop music. Listen to Black Thought rip the beat apart. Youtube 'Dear God 2.0' and you'll wonder why you listened to B.o.B in the first place.

Dunno whatchu talking about.
Do you think B.o.B is as skilled as Drake is lyrically?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by XerXesNG(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2010
So there are this good music reviewers close by, cool.

Now, No one should repeat "Recovery sucks" His beats are reeally cool and motivating.

Off to torrent b.o.b's album,
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by slimshay(m): 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
This album sucks?, Good Lord shocked shocked shocked Well ur opinion. This is Eminem back at what he does best!!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
XerXesNG:

Off to torrent b.o.b's album,
Nooooo. . . don't. Or a little kid will die in Antarctica. cry

Unlike Recovery, Bob's adventures actually sux. Find out for yourself. lol
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
Eminem rules
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
Genuflect, you too? lol

Eeya. The fresh approach to hip-hop is to make pop and rock. lol

Too bad. Looks like I'm alone on this one.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by icezik1(m): 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
I've listened to all three albums and obviously Eminem's Recovery is the best. In my opinion, this album is better than Relapse and as strange as the beats are and the people he featured (Rihanna? I still can't believe he featured her), the album is still gonna be a classic. Recovery will win best Rap Album at the Grammies.

As for Drake, the album "Thank Me Later" is just there. Nothing special. 'Nuff said.

B.o.B's "The Adventures of Bobby Ray" is a great album. B.o.B style is unique and I love the fresh and new approach to Hip - Hop. I'm tired of all the gangsta rap and women bashing, alcohol and drug praising stuff we have these days. If you listened to the first single from the album "Nothin on You"then you'd know in advance what to expect from the album. B.o.B never claimed to be a hardcore rapper. Besides, he is a good rapper. I've love the classic rock, pop, jazzy feel to the album.

It's unfair to compare Eminem to B.o.B or Drake so I'm just gonna compare Drake and B.o.B only. Lyrically, B.o.B is slightly weaker than Drake. Drake has a lot of swagger and it's comes through in his songs. However, this is not enough to sell an album. As for beats, B.o.B outshines Drake. Drake just sounds the same as he did on his mixtape. As for people featured, B.o.B won the battle with appearances from Eminem, Rivers Coumo (of Weezer)and Hailey williams (of Paramore). Don't get me wrong, I love Drake, i prefer him to Lil' Wayne and strongly believe that he and Tyga and Young Money's true hope, not Nikki Minaj (despite her hotness) and the rest).

As for individual songs, I feel Drake's "Over" is good as well as "Miss Me" feat. Lil Wayne. B.o.B's "Ghost in the Machine", Äirplanes pt. 2"feat. Eminem and Hailey Williams, "Magic" feat. Rivers Coumo, "The Kids"and "Nothin on You"are all great songs.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by icezik1(m): 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2010
@hax

The opinion you read was not that of Genuflect, he was signed on to the laptop I was using and I accidentally posted my opinion using his account.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
phew.

i was really scared o. my Genuflect, my fellow multi-syllable lover is listening to 20 second verses?

'i know you feel where i'm coming from
regardless of the things in my past that i've done
most of it really was for the hell of the fun
on the carousel so around i spun (spun)
with no directions just tryna get some (some)
tryna chase skirts, living in the summer sun (sun)
this is how i lost more than i had ever won
and honestly i ended up with none'

8 bars. lmao

let him not come here and agree with you and fall my hand o.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Fuup(m): 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
Can't wait to get my hands on this,

won't read any of the reviews until after
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by xJaysonx(m): 1:48am On Jun 16, 2010
No love Feat. Lil Wayne on Recovery > Relapse. The albumz a 7.5/10. Really luv d album coz i hardly skip a track, Hope it sells better than Relapse coz it derserves it,

Ma favorite track is WTP coz thatz how every1 wants Eminem, complete song!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 3:31am On Jun 17, 2010
hax:

i r nt anti-souf.
Yup. They are terrible. Chanting the same line over and over isn't cool.

[hook]
Past my shades (x12) lmao
Melody is not in the words, I can't keep telling you thins all the time, an average ear will notice that they changed the tone in the hook about 3/4 times.
Listen to New York State of Mind . . . and go complain about the number of times Nas said 'New York New York'.

hax:

You're doing a good job yourself. lol
More singing + more pop beats + less rapping = more hip-hop. grin

Stop being a rapjunkie, there's more than one way to make good rap music, and there's no where I said that is the formula to make good hiphop music. . . seriously man, your innuendos are getting boring.

hax:

But it shouldn't.
lmao

Call me old fashioned, but when Mr X buys your Cds, plays your music in his clubs and goes to your concerts . . . he might actually like the kind of music you do.

hax:

Nice one.
Neither do I. That's why I'll listen to anything with an open mind and give it a fair chance. Or I wouldn't even listen to Drake in the first place. I like listening to good music. I don't mind where it comes from.

Yeah right . . . open mind is 'he's gonna make a boring album that onlu girls will buy' before you listen to it.
Your own style of 'open mind' must be different from the style everyone else uses.

hax:

You should try it too. Good hip-hop music. Listen to Black Thought rip the beat apart. Youtube 'Dear God 2.0' and you'll wonder why you listened to B.o.B in the first place.
Illmatic has got the most spins on my I-pod touch, I don't wonder why I listen to B.O.B.
Can any The Roots album touch Illmatic??

hax:

Do you think B.o.B is as skilled as Drake is lyrically?

No . . . I don't see why that should be in the debate in the first place, I talked about making good music not lyrics.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 1:54am On Jun 18, 2010
eldee:

Melody is not in the words, I can't keep telling you thins all the time, an average ear will notice that they changed the tone in the hook about 3/4 times.
Listen to New York State of Mind . . . and go complain about the number of times Nas said 'New York New York'.
lmao you're reaching.
Yup. You'd have preferred Nate Dogg or KCi and Jojo on the hook, I'm sure. That was a well scratched sample. Don't know what you're on about. Would you have preferred singing on such a grimy beat? And the reason it also works is because it's not SUNG repeatedly. AZ rapped
'Life's a biatch and then you die, that's why we get high, cos you never know when you gonna go
Life's a biatch and then you die, thats why we puff lye, cos you never know when you gonna go' etc'
on the hook of Life's a Biatch. It works. Without singing.
I'm not even going to say anything about The World Is Yours' hook. I'm sure you can see how well it was scratched, though repetitive. And even if it's the worst hook in the world, the beat and rapping more than making up for it which is more than you can say for ANY song on B.o.B's album.

It's no coincidence that most classic albums you know didn't follow B.o.B's 'formula for success'. Did the Wu sing all their hooks? BIG? Pac? Big L?

Stop being a rapjunkie
I'm sorry I like rap.
there's more than one way to make good rap music, and there's no where I said that is the formula to make good hiphop music. . . seriously man, your innuendos are getting boring.
Then how can you classify bob's adventures as good hip-hop music when it does everything that's NOT hip-hop? silly hooks, 8 bar verses, silly beats, silly features. Never listening to that sh-it again. Ever.

Call me old fashioned, but when Mr X buys your Cds, plays your music in his clubs and goes to your concerts . . . he might actually like the kind of music you do.
And when Mr. Y (A RAPPER) drops a POP CD for crossover appeal so many Mr. X's buy his cr-appy CD, then there's a problem, since you're not dropping the same music you always used to when you were a mixtape rapper. . . before this was a job, before he got paid. Before it ever mattered what he had in his bank. Back when he was rappin' for the hell of it.

Sound familiar?

Fxcking sellout.

Yeah right . . . open mind is 'he's gonna make a boring album that onlu girls will buy' before you listen to it.
Your own style of 'open mind' must be different from the style everyone else uses.
If it was going to be like So Far Gone, then it wouldn't be entirely wrong to expect a boring album, right? If he dropped another Illmatic wouldn't I have loved it? It was good, and my opinion of it before I listened to it doesn't matter.

Illmatic has got the most spins on my I-pod touch, I don't wonder why I listen to B.O.B.
*yawn*
Everybody's 'hood' on the internet. You got a Tec under your pillow too, right?
Just because you like probably the best rap album of all time, doesn't mean you have good taste.

Can any The Roots album touch Illmatic??
How stu-pid. Where did that come from? All Roots albums come closer to Illmatic than anything Drake or B.o.B will ever drop. Black Thought is better than anything they could EVER be. Combined.

And Illadelph Halflife comes pretty close. I'm sure you've heard 'What They Do'.

No . . . I don't see why that should be in the debate in the first place, I talked about making good music not lyrics.
Yup. Making good hip-hop music should not have anything to do with lyrics.

You know, if I bashed Illmatic, you'd be like 'OMG' and post the lyrics of 'The World Is Yours' or 'Life's a Biatch'
'that buck that bought the bottle could have struck the lotto'
'sleep is the cousin of death' etc
Or the beats of 'Ain't Hard To Tell' and 'Memory Lane' are so fxcking sick!
Or just diss me straight up for blaspheming about Illmatic which would be what I deserve anyway. lol

All you can say in B.o.B's defense is 'he makes good music'. That just doesn't cut it. With poor rapping and average pop production?

Last reply you're getting from me. You're not worth my time, even though you're so cool because you listen to Illmatic.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2010
What??!! So ice_zik impersonated me and posted something about B.O.B? Ha, alakoba. Lol
Hax, me and Isaac were actually arguing about BOB. And I was like why would they compare this dude with Andre 3000. That's a sin! His hooks are actually catchy IMO, even better than Drake's to my surprise. But other than that, the rest are just ok. Why am I even commenting about those two when the King of multies just came back? Lol. Omo, God answered my prayers. Recovery is sick!! Ofoka and Mobinga, una two dey mad. How can you say trash about Recovery? Did you guys really listen to the album? Abi e fagbo yo ni?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by obinna5000(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2010
Best tracks on Eminem's Recovery album:
- W.T.P.
- Going Through Changes
- Not Afraid
- No Love (w/ Lil' Wayne)
- Cinderella Man
- Almost famous
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by icezik1(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
Genuflect you're finally online! Nice one, where you find internet? Anyway, this "Recovery"album is better than "Relapse"
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
ice_zik:

Genuflect you're finally online! Nice one, where you find internet? Anyway, this "Recovery"album is better than "Relapse"
I'm on phone mehn. It's slow as fuckkk!! This post was sent 15 mins ago. Lol. And of course Recovery is better. His working with other producers actually paid off. I've very sure DJ Khalil's fees would go up after this album comes out
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by aieromon(m): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
Genuflect:

I'm on phone mehn. It's slow as fuckkk!! This post was sent 15 mins ago. Lol. And of course Recovery is better. His working with other producers actually paid off. I've very sure DJ Khalil's fees would go up after this album comes out

Any artiste that has released albums exclusively produced by Dre never does well when they move out of the zone.This is the beginning of the end,i tell you.Guy,you make me download Trash angry

As for the dopeness of the Recovery LP -

It's different them last two albums didn't count
Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing em out
I've come up to make it up to you no more fucking around

I'm still here and you cant make good Slim Shady music anymore.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
Aieromon, you are on your own o. Lol
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Vacora(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2010
WTF?! call the coroner, HipHop is officially dead!!! I haven't got the album yet but judging by the mixed reviews, i may have to sit on the fence on this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date / Kelly Hansome – Verbal Gymnastics (open Letter Cover) / Mafikizolo – Happiness Ft May D [video Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.