Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate (9752 Views)

Poll: On a scale of 10?

10+: 31% (12 votes)
10-8: 47% (18 votes)
8-6: 15% (6 votes)
6-4: 2% (1 vote)
4-2: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Introducing Naija Rapper Godwon :: Winner Of Eminem Freestyle Battle / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Who Is Rap's Best Lyricist? EMINEM, JAY Z, NAS OR KANYE WEST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by kaypumpin2(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2010
I cut my toes off and step on the receipt before I foot the bill  Wouldn't back down ft Pink

Well his beats choice are surprising but then i think his flow saved him for most part.

My instant switch frm distant relatives to this album will definately affect my judgement of this album so i may have to let this one grow on me.

Almost famous is my most favourite track for now though.

Now get off my dic.k, dic.k's too short of a word for my dic.k
Get off my antidisestablishmentarianism you prick!
Don't call me the champ, call me the space shuttle destroyer
I just blew up the challenger, matter of fact, I need a lawyer
I just laced my gloves with enough plaster to make a cast
Beat his backside unclothed and pee'd in his corner like Verne Troyer
Ya'll are Eminem backwards, you're menime's
See he's in a-whole-nother weight class, his slugs your BB's
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by hax: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2010
I don't know why I haven't been able to get past the 2nd track everytime I try to sit to listen to it. I haven't been really bored recently. I should give it a listen soon enough. . . I really like Relapse, so if it's better I should have any problems with it. Unless the beats are bad.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
kay_pumpin:

I cut my toes off and step on the receipt before I foot the bill  Wouldn't back down ft Pink

Well his beats choice are surprising but then i think his flow saved him for most part.

My instant switch frm distant relatives to this album will definately affect my judgement of this album so i may have to let this one grow on me.

Almost famous is my most favourite track for now though.

Now get off my manliness, manliness's too short of a word for my manliness
Get off my antidisestablishmentarianism you prick!
Don't call me the champ, call me the space shuttle destroyer
I just blew up the challenger, matter of fact, I need a lawyer
I just laced my gloves with enough plaster to make a cast
Beat his backside unclothed and pee'd in his corner like Verne Troyer
Ya'll are Eminem backwards, you're menime's
See he's in a-whole-nother weight class, his slugs your BB's

Suck ma cock on the couch if you wanna cushion the blow. . . . .Eminem

It's OFFICIAL. . . . . .Eminem is a LYRICAL beast!!!!
No rapper can do it better. . . .
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by flysly(m): 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
damn,i've listened to a couple of tracks on the album;eminem still has it,a white boy with a black soul.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by obinna5000(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
The iTunes bonus track "Session One" with Eminem and Slaughterhouse is another tight track from "Recovery".
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
obinna5000:

The iTunes bonus track "Session One" with Eminem and Slaughterhouse is another tight track from "Recovery".

The 2 bonus tracks are FIRE as usual!!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Pweety4me(f): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
I love eminem kiss and his new track 'I'm not afraid' smiley cool
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
SHADY IS BACK. . . . . .The SoundScan Killer.

Eminem iTunes Update
#1 US
#1 UK
#1 Australia
#1 Ireland
#1 Canada
#1 Greece
#1 Germany
#1 New Zealand
#1 Austria
#1 Denmark
#1 Norway
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Belgium
#1 Switzerland
#2 Portugal
#2 Sweden
#2 France
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

SHADY IS BACK. . . . . .The SoundScan Killer.

Eminem iTunes Update
#1 US
#1 UK
#1 Australia
#1 Ireland
#1 Canada
#1 Greece
#1 Germany
#1 New Zealand
#1 Austria
#1 Denmark
#1 Norway
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Belgium
#1 Switzerland
#2 Portugal
#2 Sweden
#2 France
Ooooooooooooshe!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
Classic metaphors/wordplay. . . . .

"Stick my di[i]c[/i]k in a circle, but I'm not fuckin' a-round"
"My fillet is smokin' weed, yeah fa[i]g[/i]gots the stakes (steaks) are high"
"Excuse the corny metaphor, but they'll never ketchup(catch up) to all this energy that I've mustard(mustered)"
"They call me a freak coz i like to spit on these pussyz before i eat em"
"I gave Bruce Wayne a Valium and said "settle your fuckin' arse down, I'm ready for combat man Get it, Calm Bat Man?"
"Y'all are sittin ducks, i'm the only goose standin"
"Listen garden tool, dont make me introduce you to my power tool. You know the fuckin drill"
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Classic metaphors/wordplay. . . . .

"Stick my di[i]c[/i]k in a circle, but I'm not fuckin' a-round"
"My fillet is smokin' weed, yeah gays the stakes (steaks) are high"
"Excuse the corny metaphor, but they'll never ketchup(catch up) to all this energy that I've mustard(mastered)"
"They call me a freak coz i like to spit on these pussyz before i eat em"
"I gave Bruce Wayne a Valium and said "settle your fuckin' backside down, I'm ready for combat man" Get it, Calm Bat Man?"
"Y'all are sittin ducks, i'm the only goose standin"
"Listen garden tool, dont make me introduce you to my power tool. You know the bleeping drill"
Mustered you mean
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
Genuflect:

Mustered you mean

Must be. . . . .
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by dawhizkid1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
So far I've only listened to 5 songs on Recovery Viz;
Cold Wind Blows(Sick)
Talking to Myself(Ill)
No Love(e no well)
Love the way u lie(Malaria)
You never Over(HighFever)
My fave of all is all. . . Eminem is Back!
Btw, did any1 listen to d second Verse of 'You never Over'. . . . . . . Classic Flow!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by slimshay(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2010
I think he said mustered.

@Whizkid, word man. Proof deserves nothing less!!!

Im gonna fork till I die, yeah  Imma do it to death.

Short and straight to the point!!! Eminem is seeeeeck!!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2010
da-whizkid:

So far I've only listened to 5 songs on Recovery Viz;
Cold Wind Blows(Sick)
Talking to Myself(Ill)
No Love(e no well)
Love the way u lie(Malaria)
You never Over(HighFever)
My fave of all is all. . . Eminem is Back!
Btw, did any1 listen to d second Verse of 'You never Over'. . . . . . . Classic Flow!

Get the 3 bonus tracks. . . . .

Untitled
Session One(featuring Slaughterhouse)
Ridaz

Eminem simply made a statement on those. . . . . .He is peerless.
On the main album. . . . ."Cinderella Man"(similar to Till I Collapse), "Talking To Myself", " So Bad" and "W.T.P(White Trash Party)" are cracking!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Get the 3 bonus tracks. . . . .

Untitled
Session One(featuring Slaughterhouse)
Ridaz

Eminem simply made a statement on those. . . . . .He is peerless.
I've heard Untitled (Over-sick). Yet to hear the other two bonus trax. I'll get em today
I swear I must get this CD, get that Beats by Dr. Dre headphones (or borrow it, lol) and fire the dro, so I can feel the uncompressed version of this shiiit!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2010
Genuflect:

I've heard Untitled (Over-sick). Yet to hear the other two bonus trax. I'll get em today
I swear I must get this CD, get that Beats by Dr. Dre headphones (or borrow it, lol) and fire the dro, so I can feel the uncompressed version of this shiiit!!!

Get the deluxe edition(it comes with a bonus disc).
RECOVERY is FIRE. . . . . . . . . .Drake & B.o.B. must be cursing their luck now.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by kaypumpin2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2010
Get up baby,get a move on like a U-haul
U can rack your brain like pool ball
----------------------------------------------
Havoc on the beat i wreck it
Evil I see,hear and speak it
Lady put ur moni on Shady,Bleep that other weak s.hit
Put your eggs in the same basket
U can count every mo'fuckin chicken'fore it hatches
Cos u can bet your a.ss that we gon get it crackin
Like d Kraken and the titans when clashin'get ur brains bashed in
--------------------------------------------------------
Unfashionable and bout as rational as rash on a gay's a.sshole
Now let's take that line,run it up the flagpole
Untitled

The delivery and breathe-control on this track is sec to none.

Em is back and this album is fiyahhhh
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2010
Eminem feat Slaughterhouse:

http://usershare.net/pooz2k1zuxam
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2010
Ibime:

Eminem feat Slaughterhouse:

http://usershare.net/pooz2k1zuxam

Hahahahaha. . . . . . .
Ibime must be mad now. Eminem murdered his favourite rap group on record(yet again).
Who can stop the Caucasian male?
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Ibime(m): 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Hahahahaha. . . . . . .
Ibime must be mad now. Eminem murdered his favourite rap group on record(yet again).
Who can stop the Caucasian male?

Quit joking. . . Royce and Joell took the limelight on that track. . .
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
Ibime:

Quit joking. . . Royce and Joell took the limelight on that track. . .

Eminem cremated em. . . . . . .Royce and Joell were just shouting.
The way Eminem set the pace. . . . .those nuccas couldn't cope.

When Eminem said. . . . . .
U can call me R. Kelly now, U-R-in(Urine) Troubleeeeeeee, I just said goodnight to SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

That's the maddest WORDPLAY i have heard to date. grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Ibime(m): 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
Nah, the Rick James line stole it for Royce!!!

Bleep ya couch nigga!!! grin grin grin
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
Ibime:

Nah, the Rick James line stole it for Royce!!!

Bleep ya couch nigga!!!  grin grin grin

Joell Ortiz spat flame too(I give tracks a holy feel (holyfield) and it bite ears) but Eminem's punches subdued all em cats.
Where was Joe Budden?

Meeeeeeeeen, Slaughterhouse now signed on SLIMSHADY records.
This is the TAKEOVER. cool
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by eldee(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Joell Ortiz spat flame too(I give tracks a holy feel (holyfield) and it bite ears) but Eminem's punches subdued all em cats.
Where was Joe Budden?

Meeeeeeeeen, Slaughterhouse now signed on SLIMSHADY records.
This is the TAKEOVER. cool

Are you being serious?? That's unfair!!!
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Genuflect(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Get the deluxe edition(it comes with a bonus disc).
RECOVERY is FIRE. . . . . . . . . .Drake & B.o.B. must be cursing their luck now.
Yeah, that's the one I'm gonna get. I saw an interview where he said he put 12 tracks that were meant for the original Relapse 2 on the 2nd disc. So that's over 30 tracks on one fukking album!!!
And yeah, Slaughterhouse are gonna be formidable now that they're gonna be signed to Shady. G-Unit should move over jor. Lol
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by chiogo(f): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
Haven't really gotten into many of the songs. I guess I'll grow into them.

For now, my favorites are You're Never Over, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes, and Talkin' 2 Myself(since when did Kobe start singing? Still don't like him angry).

Can't rate right now but my guess is maybe a 7/10 undecided
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by Sauron1: 7:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
Cinderella Man. . .

You can die in the blink of an eye
So bat ya eyelashes, and keep winking and blowing kisses
Cuz you're flirting with death
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by mayor007(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2010
"I'll break it down track by track and then leave my overall impression of the album.

1. COLD WIND BLOWS

Here we go again. Right off the bat, Em spits a fiery, aggressive track proceeding to go onto his usual "commentary" on what spoiled, rich people are all on an off about. this really reminds of his work from MMLP, SSLP, and "The Eminem Show".

2. TALKIN’ 2 MYSELF FEAT. KOBE

Kobe Bryant? Nah, Kobe, they guy form some "Fabulous"

or "Fabolous" album apparently. It's some rehab-type motivational content, with a very Shady uprising shock. Em confirms he's back to spitting, as if we needed to know this.

3. ON FIRE

Em rapid-fires while complaining to critics taking out Brooke Hogan. LOL, but still a decent track.

4. WON’T BACK DOWN FEAT. P!NK

Eminem spews venoms witticisms on the hard rock beat pretty yet inexplicable chorus. It's like one of those actions scenes where the bad*** hero goes on a killing spree. It's just pure, raw, uncut unadulterated AWESOME!

5. W.T.P.

Why not? You hear Shady nearly dropping down to that Relapse accent as he pokes fun at white boy suburban lifestyle in "White Thrash Party". But it's loaded it's hilarious moments.

6. GOING THROUGH CHANGES

"Let's take a trip back to '73, before I ever had a multi-platinum sellin' CD." Not quite so far, Em had a whole bunch of multi-platinum CDs when he was struggling with addiction. Em takes you back to the night he overdosed on pills. I loved the Black Sabbath (Ozzy Osbourne) sampling, it fits perfectly here.

7. NOT AFRAID

This song seems like a sequel to Relapse's "Beautiful" and it pretty much sums up what this album's all about. How Em's back on track with his life, this one's a winner. It's a excellent pick for the first single and sets the tone for the rest of them. I loved how he rapped over the piano solo, that might have been the high point of the album.

8. SEDUCTION

Slower and more methodical, Em explains how he attracts women with his rap music. This doesn't sacrifice his lyrical ability at all. If fact, if the amount of women he seduces relate to his wordplay, then Eminem would be a P.I.M.P (note the 50 Cent reference).

9. NO LOVE FEAT. LIL WAYNE

Who said Wayne was garbage? This dude really can spit decently if he wants to and isn't getting into that auto-tune rock garbage. Anyways, they both drop dangerous and clever bars showing their dominance on the mic and on women. It's completely insane how they incorporate a dance track but it works. The chorus was absolutely crazy, the changes between the voices seem rigid but strangely in harmony.

10. SPACE BOUND

Shady left me speechless after this song, it's completely vulnerable and captivating. It's one of his deepest tracks to date, and again reveals the harsh reality of something people take for granted. This time it's something Eminem's never tackles before: LOVE. Over an melodic eerie beat and a raw abstract chorus, Em describes how he loved someone when they didn't love him and vice versa with him (not surprisingly) killing his love and himself as a result. It reminds me painfully of "Stan", it's probably (dare I say it?) his best track since "Cleaning Out My Closet". Simply brilliant.

11. CINDERELLA MAN

More relapse-bashing, Em goes out on a lyrical exercise. Not that strong of a track, in my opinion. Though the lyrics and beats are good, the concept seems a bit pointless to me

12. 25 TO LIFE

Shady spits about and how he's underappreciated under the metaphor that the rap industry is a girl. It's a sentimental, unique, and clever track and I'm really diggin' the acoustics.

13. SO BAD

Sure he has an accent, but this record is straight up lyrical piece of genius and comedic rap at it's fullest potential. He's promoting himself, but he's on the top of his game, so why not? As long you get a great laugh! Dre definitely puts up the hardest beat on the album. This may be Em's most bad*** song since "Without Me".

14. ALMOST FAMOUS

People will love this one. It's climatic and passionate rant, with a sick hook and emphatic, energetic bars over an airtight beat. It's a wake up call, and something the loyal Shady fans will love. Still, I'm not too high on it because it's not my type of song but it's awesome listening to.

15. LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE FEAT. RIHANNA

It's the mainstream, more primitive and tame, less Shady, version of "Space Bound". Em recounts back to a relationship with it's up and downs from how it was love and abuse and heartbreak. Rihanna delivers auto-tuned piano vocals on the chorus, which may sound bad, but it works very well and adds a sense of loneliness and vulnerability. It's emotionally appealing as well. Still, it's a wannabe "Space Bound".

16. YOU’RE NEVER OVER

This is the one we've been waiting for. It's a perfect way to conclude this album, reminiscing about Proof, and hearing Shady's aspirations. It's sad, yet uplifting. One of the bets tracks on this album for sure.

17. HERE WE GO (hidden track)

Ha, I'm not spoiling it. Buy the album. Be a true fan.

FINAL NOTES:

It's undeniable. Eminem's back and better than ever. Ultimately, this album leaves it's intended effect on the audience: Eminem's sober and his lyrical ability is back to it's height. the guests enhanced the album greatly instead of tripping it up even a bit. I really like the pacing and the order of the songs in the album. Starts off fast and hard to remind people what Shady's all about then hits off with the strongest tracks of the album, differing in tempo. Then he goes slow at the ends but doesn't lose his touch a bit. I'm unsure whether this album is an instant classic or even a classic or not. It's definitely an excellent album, and as close to perfect Em's been in almost been decade. The once flaw I have with this collection is that it's a bit repetitive with the love and rehab and "dominant spitting" and all that. Despite this, it's a definite five and obviously worth buying. My favorite seven tracks in order:

1. Space Bound

2. Not Afraid

3. So Bad

4. No Love

5. Talkin' 2 Myself

6. You're Never Over

7. Won't Back Down"
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by chiogo(f): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
mayor007:

2. TALKIN’ 2 MYSELF FEAT. KOBE

Kobe Bryant? Nah, Kobe, they guy form some "Fabulous"

or "Fabolous" album apparently. It's some rehab-type motivational content, with a very Shady uprising shock. Em confirms he's back to spitting, as if we needed to know this.
LOL ohh, I was about to say, even if Kobe Bryant ventured into singing, he wouldn't sound like that.

I've just added So bad and 25 to life to my favorites.
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by DBR: 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2010
Said it before and i'ma say it again,Em is definately back!!
Those who tot i was just trippin can now eat they heat out grin
On "Session one" ft Slaughterhouse
1-Royce
2-Em/Ortiz
3-crooked
where tha heck is budden?? did i hear wrong version?

The 9 tucked against the lining/
I pull it out and flip your partner upside-down like ya’ll are a couple 69ing/

I got a Posse of Insane Clowns/
blow your brains on your opposite ear. .then ask you how your brain sounds/
-Nickle 9

Signed to shady is kinda old new now, but signed or not Slaughterhouse is the super group any serious hiphop dude knows that.
No eFFin with the 4head monster. . .the voltron crew!

oNe
Re: Eminem's Recovery Album.Please rate by bizkit(m): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2010
@Mayor007 no one not even dat weak e-Extra dude or any radio personaliti cud hav done a bettr rundown ov d album. . . . hope u take d constructive-criticism 2 d f@@@!n9 next level.

@Eminem even if u do a track wit d ever-so-annoying terry-G, I'd still love you! Kudos Em

p.s Say no to ouljah boi & every bad mu sick out der!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

VIDEO: Tiwa Savage – One / MIXTAPE: Dj Integrity – Party Gyration Mixtape / Shola Allyson Fans: Holla!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.