Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile (16734 Views)

Top 10 Ways Nigerian Girls React During A Break Up / Is Break Up Sex Okay? / Guys Who Cry Cos Of A Break Up Are Weaklings And Should Be Castrated!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by jibs4lv(m): 11:20am On Jul 03, 2018
Brooke60:
You don't need all this, just pick the next guy on the queue cheesy cheesy

Why should I go through all this stress when guys plenty on the queue undecided
na you go tire !

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Clabolang(m): 11:29am On Jul 03, 2018
NGO WEBSITE DEVELOPEMEN|T

Get NGO Website At Value You Can Get Anywhere else!

Let’s support you to continue to put smiles on faces....the Digital Way

Get NOW for N19,999!

You also get a FREE Brand Logo plus other incredible add-ons!

Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2018
Brooke60:

like its that easy....lolzzz
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
[quote author=Fukafuka post=69040670][/quote]Nop I don't..
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
DonPiiko:
I go soon toast you.
I be burnt bread wey u wan toast my inlaw grin
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by TEEBLUE88(m): 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
Was just getting over a breakup, its 1 of the toughest periods of my life, it feels like death. I cried, couldn't sleep a wink for weeks. I think am alright now, life goes on.....
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Obodo999(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
Brooke60:

This is the kind of a woman I am praying to AVOID
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Obodo999(m): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
jibs4lv:
na you go tire !

Unfortunately. It is us men that get tired. Women don't
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by mimimile93: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
EntertainingYou:
How to deal with a break up and smile!

Your will power and your determination is the only thing that matters when it comes to moving on after a break up. Nothing else will help you, not your friends and not a string of flings. Hold your ground, convince yourself that you’re ready to move on and get away from the pain. And use these steps to move on and deal with a break up.

#1 Don’t write letters. There’s always a constant itch to get in touch with an ex. When you feel down, when you listen to a romantic song, or even when you’re drunk. But hold that thought. Never try to get in touch with an ex unless you’re just bumping into them accidentally. It’ll weaken your resolve to get over your ex.

If you find yourself writing a long email to your ex, write it if you must but don’t send it. Hold on to that draft copy overnight. When you wake up in the morning, you’d realize that it was just a weak moment and you don’t really want to send the email anymore. By waiting a while, you’d be able to feel stronger about your own resolve. The same rule can be applied to phone calls and texts too.

If an uncontrollable urge to call or text your ex overwhelms you, don’t stop yourself. Instead, just convince yourself that you’ll call the next morning if you still feel like it. Each time you put away a phone call or an email, you’d feel more confident about getting over your ex and moving on.

#2 Deal with the addiction. Exes are an addiction, just like any other serious life threatening addiction in the world. And the worst part here, is that you can’t really cut down a little bit at a time. You have no choice but to go cold turkey and avoid all contact. It will hurt and you will feel terrible, but you’ll feel better a week later, and even better another week later.

Treat your ex like a bad addiction, and learn to deal with the break up. It’ll help you when you start to see your ex as something that’s bad for your life.

#3 The evil selfish ex. [/b]Let’s face it, if your boyfriend or girlfriend dumps you, they’re evil *at least in your head*. If your ex gets rude or yells at you when you try to talk to them, or if they ignore you, or if they look at you with spite and disgust each time you walk up to them, you have every right to believe that they’re evil, selfish little devils. But you know what, you can’t blame them for it.

Your ex doesn’t like you anymore, they despise you. Of course, they could be nicer and try to be more understanding. But you can’t expect every ex to hold you by the hand and help you find the way out. A few exes prefer tripping you and kicking you where it hurts. Hate them for it. But deal with it. And get over it.

[b]#4 Replay your relationship
. While you sitting alone and staring at a wall or an empty glass of wine, replay the relationship in your head. Pick the mistakes and the flaws in the relationship, and try to see where things started falling apart.

But remember to pick the mistakes, not the pieces of the relationship. The love affair is over. What you need here is to try and figure out where you went wrong, and where your partner hurt you. Were you trying too hard to please, insecure, clingy, or were you just too busy with your own life? And about your ex, try to pick their flaws too, so you don’t fall for another person with the same flaws again.

#5 Don’t force yourself. For the first week or so, don’t bother trying to convince yourself that you’re over your ex. Just let life take its course. Do your best to get over your ex by keeping yourself occupied, but don’t force your mind to forget your ex. You may be successful in bottling the thoughts, but they’ll always come back now and then in surges that will hurt you more.

#6 Stay miserable. Allow yourself to feel miserable and hurt. But time yourself and keep an eye on the calendar. Give yourself about three weeks to get over your ex. Mark the date on your calendar with a big red marker.

Think about your ex for those three weeks, but constantly remind yourself that at the end of these three weeks, you’ll wake up the next morning and completely overcome the sadness you’re feeling. Keeping a date marked on the calendar can psychologically prepare you to get over your ex. And at times, your wound may heal even before those three weeks!

#7 Fantasize the high road revenge. There are two types of fantasies you can think about after a break up, the I-wish-we-could-get-back fantasy, and the I’ll-get-even-with-you fantasy. Don’t try anything below the belt like spreading naked photos or cheap comebacks like that, it’s not fair and you’ll never forgive yourself for years if you even have the slightest semblance of a conscience.

Take the higher road. Convince yourself that you’ll put your focus and energy into other positive things, so that one fine day, many years from now, you’d do something spectacular with your life. And fantasize scenarios where you’d run into your ex. It’s not fair, but it helps for the moment. And odds are you may forget all about this a few years later. Don’t know what I mean? Go watch Cee Lo’s F*ck you on youtube. Fantasizing about success and exes makes the dreams of success so much sweeter!

#8 Laugh like a crazy person. For the first few weeks, don’t convince yourself you’re happier. Just wallow in your self pity and depression. But once you wake up one day and feel better, a few weeks later, laugh! Feel the happiness well within you. Realize how good you feel. It takes a while, but you’ll feel it when you’re ready. Listen to happy songs, watch funny movies, and laugh out loud. When you’re ready to move on from your sad state, your mind will be more than happy to help you have a nice time.

#9 Curiosity and the no contact rule. The no contact rule is really important. You can use all the other steps and follow it to the tee, but if you screw up here, you’ll be back on square one in no time. Have you ever looked for your ex’s facebook page sometime *just to see what they’re doing*?

The first time you take a peek at your ex’s page, you won’t think too much about it. But as time goes by, you’d end up visiting their page more and more often, until you realize you’re addicted to the idea of wanting to know more about you ex. There’s no escaping your ex once you get wrapped up in the curiosity of knowing more. Avoid it. Don’t stay in contact, and don’t go looking for information either.

#10 Get better and sexier. Have a life, go on out there and enjoy yourself. Sitting by yourself in the corner of the room will never make you feel better. Date others or at least meet a few interesting dating potentials that catch your fancy. Remember, you’ll have a very difficult time moving on if you find out that your ex is dating someone new, especially if you aren’t getting flirty with someone else already.

Work out and get fit. You’ll look better, and the endorphins released in your body will make you feel more upbeat and look sexier.

A heartbreak isn’t the end of the world. Sometimes, as hard as you try to prevent it, break ups are inevitable. What you do next and how you pull yourself together to deal with the break up makes all the difference between a person who experiences a break up, and a broken lover who gives up on a chance to have a happy life again.

Also Read- " 13 ways to Tell a Girl You Like Her Over Text Without Sounding Cheesy "

Read Here- https://www.newsvilla.com.ng/2018/03/29/13-ways-tell-girl-like-text-without-sounding-cheesy/

Source:https://www.newsvilla.com.ng

It's easier said than done..
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Reelmii: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
I dont agree with some point here though, cos doing them will obviously make u feel childish. to me the best thig to do after a break up is to be at peace with ur ex so that u dont transfer the bitterness of a bad relationship to a new one, not all relationship leads to marriage, we must always have that at the back ofoyr minds when going into a relationship and therefore we should prepare for the worst (break up). no relationship should be seen as a do or die. not keeping in touch with ur ex does not sound matured to me. well everybody has their own views to it though, but remember pple BREAK UP AND MAKE UP
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by AngelG96(f): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nice...
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by SMEConsult(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
talk2hb1:
Hello ,
I am conducting a little survey to observe Internet data subscription like in Nigeria and i need your response to this short survey. This Survey is a Ten Question Survey and guess it won't take you more than a minute to complete. Please take this survey by clicking on the Link Below

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeT-NCvkSbytKO46hl_drqDqA5K0px3fKWyOBNY_SDTdRTghg/viewform?ts=5b2b1c37
Good job there man.
Long links looks too boring to click.
Can we offer you a free customised shorter link on our domain for use?
This long link will be replaced by www.toolsful.com/data-survey-nigeria

Pls message us if you like the offer.

N.B. It's free.
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Knsley(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
James89:
Most of this points is what we all do when a break up occurs,but self control is the key..DO NOT CONTACT YOUR EX IN ANY WAY.Trust me this is a nice post and I agree with the points except getting a new partner so she feels hurt or something(you don’t need that!!!)breakup hurts so bad especially when you’re truly in love with that person..for men,it’s simple just go fix your life,if you’re broke go make money,achieve!!!if it’s your character,work on it better coz it might have happened even twice which caused the both breakup..but most times I think it’s just money..when it all started you’re well off financially,not rich eventually things change,she begins to give you attitude and all that lol,sooner or later she leaves you and cares less..it’s normal to feel bad,cry if must cry and then the best thing is to “grind hard”,I won’t advise you jump into another relationship just to make your ex feel bad lol,trust me it will hurt you at the end,I swear when my ex left me,I felt bad for weeks,really sad,but I just discovered I felt even much better with time,you think less of her and you’re even getting happy,no doubt you still remember her sometimes but not like before,don’t jump Into another relationship,enjoy the free world,relieve yourself of worrying about a partner,Grind hard!!work hard,try new ways to get better financially,think about your future and getting successful,it’s a blessing if you don’t know and an opportunity to fix your life.
Nice one
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by gonkin(m): 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
Im so 8,9 10
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by JhyMedex: 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
#6....3weeks ?!..too long o..more like 2days..
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Ukprosper: 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
Re: 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile by Motivanteee: 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
Moving on from relationships be it dating,marriage,divorces,friendships and oh let me not forget situation-ships the most confusing of all in the sense that u guys are not even a couple or friends but u do everything couples do but u actually aren't and u are more than friends,confusing I know.u have to understand that u lived ur life very well when this person was not in it and if u think u can't survive cuz they are not in it anymore,then believe me when I say u are 100%wrong.but I get where u r coming from I was also like that once,almost went depressed and thought life had no meaning cuz a particular somebody that was once my so called everything is not in my life.but that's complete bullshit,if u think ur life comes to a pause because of 1person then u r wrong.the only thing you are doing is wasting your time and life away cuz time waits for no man.you have to stand up and pull yourself together,u have to understand that there's soo much more life has to offer if only u gave it a chance and actually go out,eat and spend more time with friends and family.during my depressive state I got hold of a book that showed me there was light at the end of a tunnel.it revealed to me how i could pick up my broken pieces in a matter of days,reading that book is the reason am writing this here today.cuz that book have saved a lot of hearts and will continue to do so.for.this book taught me how to pull myself together and take control of my life once again,it taught me how to avoid the pain and discomfort of a broken heart and soo much more.soo many of us go through heartbreaks be it from marriages,dating,situation-ships like me and some even friendships breakups and they all hurt terribly.but my life changed after reading this book.I got up and decided that there's more to life than just being depressed over a human who doesn't give a dime about me and am happy to tell that today am very successful in my business and in my life,oh!and did i forgot my very handsome husband.hehe yes I got married after I picked up my broken pieces and decided to give life another chance.if u have all these questions going through your head:Can I Ever Recover From A Broken Heart?
Why Does Heartbreak Hurt So Much?
How Do I Really Mend My Broken Heart?
How Do I Get Over A Painful Breakup?
How Do I Recover From A Breakup I Still Love?
How Do Guys Deal With Heartbreak?
How Do I Move On?
How Do I Fix A Broken Heart ?then trust me this book is for u y'all depressed folks out there. Wanna get the book and take that bold step of taking control of your life once more?then u can get the book here,it's called ,click here to get it.

Share)https:///ym36tpht

If the link for some reason doesn't open up,type in https://tiny url.com/ym36tpht

PS if u noticed when typing in the link i left a little space in between 'tiny' and 'url'. Don't leave that space when typing in yours in the search engine.Wishing u the very best on ur journey to be happy and finally move on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Giving A Guy Gifts And Money: Bad? / Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? / What People Do Not Know About Ogbanje: Question People Ask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.