Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies (57871 Views)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / "Wear Your Shirt Back" - Lady Advises Lady Who Tries To Entice Guys / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2018
cutieme:
Fall in real love and you wouldn't say all that.Say no to feminism.
i am not a feminism, just tired of relationships give me headache
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:46am On Jul 05, 2018
majekdom2:
because in your thought, you perhaps wanted to get married to depend on a man! If that wasn't your thought, you will see the benefits of marriage beyond dependency on your partner. The dependency mindset is a parasitic one.. a parasitic relationship does not last.. at all. Do you have any purpose in life? Do you think marriage will help achieve it? The answers to those questions should let you decide if you should marry or not.

The dependency mindset is a parasitic one?

What are you about?

Is a husband not supposed to provide?

Does a husband who depend on his wife for a clean and warm home also have dependency mindset?

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2018
divinelove:

No one cares u can stay unmarried forever grin after all husbands seem to be scarce lately
it's my opinion and i did say for anyone to care, it's my life, thanks
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by adejaresalami1(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2018
LivingFree:
This confusing! It's like me stuffing my face with cake while telling you it can lead to diabetes

Bitch_ we know, now pass me a slice, I will eat it moderately angry
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2018
lexy2014:
d person that is giving u advice is married with a kid
yes, i know, it's whatever rocks my boat and who say i can't have kids if i want to
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2018
BchristopherJ:

more like you've never caused anyone pain, you've never truncated your commitment to anyone, you've never victimise anyone just cuz of your own happiness. people with bossy behavior are usually toxic for any union. and not just marriage, it's every union.
as if I care
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2018
troubleseller:
Don't be petty. There are many things a husband does for his wife. That was just a tongue in cheek comment. Get married and you'll be surprised what you want your husband to do for you.

First, you assume my martial status.

Second, I see no reason why I should take your comment to be tongue in cheek.

You stated it as a something she would miss out if she didn't marry.

A man doesn't need the marriage certificate to do anything for you.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2018
Funnyguy83:
make sure you don't get married.
funny, i believe marriage is a God thing, plus i don't believe that every woman will get married, instead of dating every tom and dick all because we want to get married, at the end of the day we end up being alone, or better still "used" like the way some guys will put it, i think is better not to go through such trauma, look for what will make you happy and what will give you cash, then enjoy your life to the fullest, travel to any part of the world without restrictions, without you thinking you need to make breakfast for someone or that you need to be home by 6 pm
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2018
kayzay4all:

so you mean you'll be subjected to all these things you just highlighted. well, marriage isn't compulsion but if you won't marry, then don't fornicate or any other related offence. God won't be happy 'coz He gave u d freedom to marry nd satisfy ur sexual urge legally
this is the only advise that i find useful
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Lool, she's a confused one.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2018
NairaMaster1:

So you can Bleep all dick. There's no peace either. You get thrown away by boy friends and jump from john to James. You're also going to have children with different fathers. Such children have uncommon orientation and culture. There're more blissful marriages.

We have them good, Including your mother, such a wonderful woman.

Wise up. This lady is looking outside marriage.
what if i tell you that most of the things you just mentions are the things that i despise the most, "jumping from one man to the other" or "having children from different men" i love to living an isolated life, i find what people like interesting, as disgusting, so you see, i love being alone, living in my confined world
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS OKAY FOR YOU TO SAY, AS A TEENAGER.

WHEN YOU'RE OLDER YOU'LL LEARN TO SEE LIFE DIFFERENTLY.

"THANKS".

you made me laugh, i am in my mid twenties Mr, and it is due to my finding and experience that is making me to adhere to my decision
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Ugosample(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2018
She is right to an extent

Marriage is overrated

but in Nigeria where there are strong cultural and societal influence (which thankfully keeps weakening over the decades) its still much of a big deal.

There are SOOOO MANY frustrated married people out there across ages.

But because of the society, they stop have to put up appearances

Once again, marriage is overrated
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by cutieme(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:

i am not a feminism, just tired of relationships give me headache
That one relationship didn't work out doesn't mean another wouldn't do.Just be hopeful and optimistic dear.Anyways drop me your email address let's talk better in de oza rum.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by CAPSLOCKED: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2018
johnydon22:

And as a matter of objectivity, marriage is far more beneficial to women than it is to men.

THIS IS WHY WE REGRET EVERY "BAD DECISION" WE MADE THAT LED TO THE MARRIAGE THE MOMENT IN-LAWS START MOVING IN AND DEMANDING THINGS.

Men don't often complain about things, Women on the other hand often complain about everything

ANY SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION FOR THIS? MR. SCIENTIST.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2018
majekdom2:
you already have the bad mindset, so it won't be easy for you until you start to see things differently. Humans are the difficult people to deal with I agree but understanding one's purpose in life is key. If you have a purpose, find someone who complements that purpose. You won't feel restricted. Unfortunately, many don't have a purpose,so they feel restricted when they are being scolded or guided!
do you think, i just woke up one morning and just make this decision, like you said "humans are the difficult people to deal with" do you know what i went through all because of relationship, do you know that i am gemophobia and philophobia at the same time because of my past and the only thing i want is to forget about relationship and live without commitment.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by MyOpinion1(f): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2018
Most married Nigerian women are the one paying bills, they are just into the union to conform with the societal norm and to be tag married women. Most of them are frustrated emotional, psychologically, physically, financially etc but they will still stay cos their entire life depends on the man but reverse is the case for a financialy stable women, I have relate with so many women as a lady and I just conclude that if u want to enjoy marriage in Nigeria as a woman, u must be financially buoyant in that case the man will not have any reason to flaunt his ego and in case of any monetary difficult in the home, u can always foot some bills.
To me that is how marriage will work but going into marriage when I have nothing only because I don't wanna tag as #evening newspaper# or related comic words some men use to satisfy their low self esteem is a no no for me.
I will rather marry late when I know am okay for it than marry early and be a burden to a man that is gonna frustrate me eternally because of his ego and money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Famousqueen(f): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2018
cutieme:
That one relationship didn't work out doesn't mean another wouldn't do.Just be hopeful and optimistic dear.Anyways drop me your email address let's talk better in de oza rum.
thanks for your concern, am sorry just here to read stories and comment, nothing else, thanks

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Funkybabee(f): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2018
She kuku know what she's saying though I understand her view small because if u see what most married women are facing because of marriage,u will want to run from it...

.but it is well

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by franchasng: 10:14am On Jul 05, 2018
donstan18:
The lady that asked that question is an evening newspaper looking for a way to console herself.

-No matter how a Nigerian lady claim not to want to be called a wife on social media, she'll still log out and face reality.

-Comments and posts like this are often made by married women who are loyal, submissive to their husbands in reality and benefiting from marriage. But the dump and single ones will be quick to embrace it.

-It's funny how a married woman made such statements, but if she's to be asked to lead by example by leaving her marriage to get the same benefit as a single lady, she won't do it.

-If marriage is to be abolished in Nigeria, Nigerian ladies will die of hunger and poverty because an average Nigerian lady is poor, looking for a man to depend on which is their major reason for marriage(To alleviate from poverty)

Funny thing is; That lady might be holding fried chicken or turkey with chilled wine, wearing sexy dress and crossing her legs in her husband's parlor enjoying, while the foolish and single frustrated ones be consoling their lonely and unmarried state with her posts. grin grin
My brother women are wicked to their fellow women, they can be in heaven enjoying and be telling their fellow women in hell to remain there that heaven is boring, fear women cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now to the topic, in Nigeria, marriage benefits women more than men, reason you have more single ladies ready to marry now than single guys ready to marry next year grin grin and u know why

Before a Nigeria guy considers himself ready to marry, he must have the underlisted things in place:

1. Steady income from a good job or business or trade

2. Comfortable and furnished apartment to welcome the lady

3. Probably a car (not all but most guys of today want to have this before settling down)

But a Nigerian lady is ready to marry the moment she has the below things:

1. A developed breast
2. A bombom grin
3. A natural or borrowed or purchased hair cheesy

Nigerian ladies go into marriage empty handed....they bring only their breast and bombom to the marriage while the guys are expected to bring their dickson, their height, their seven packs, a car or cars lol, a house or mansions, a lucrative job or successful business, and a loaded bank account, now who is fooling who

Stop marriage and watch women all over the world become miserable.

I laugh at Nigerian women who think white women are better off as their men lose interest in marriage daily....now let me ask you this question: do you know why Nigerian and African Romance Yahoo Yahoo scammers are smiling to the bank despite government clampdown on Internet scam It is simply because most white women are lonely and maritally frustrated which they caused by going extreme with feminism and thereby discouraging more white guys from getting married or divorcing so quick....so their ladies now turn to poor African boys for solace which makes our Yahoo Yahoo boys to be making a hit through Romance scams targetting white women who are maritally frustrated and lonely.

Any lady that is rich and single will regret her life when she clocks 40 something - 50yrs, at that time, small boys will turn her to play ground...after chopping her free, they will still dump her miserably....so only foolish ladies feel staying single for life is the best option...if only they realize the great advantage women all over the world stand in marriage, they wouldn't make such mistake in life.

Anyway, its normal...the grass is always greener on the other side until you cross to that other side and reality downs on you, Naija ladies abeg make stop getting married o...in fact, most financially buoyant guys are now scared of dating because any lady they meet automatically see them as potential hubby and start to plot how to trap them into marriage, which makes dating today boring for most mature guys in Nigeria, so what are these frustrated women talking about

6 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by jclassiq(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

but marriage still has some perks doesnt it? like emotional support, companionship, etc.

how do you intend to enjoy those without being married.

tbh, everythig in life has pros and cons.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Funnyguy83: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:

funny, i believe marriage is a God thing, plus i don't believe that every woman will get married, instead of dating every tom and dick all because we want to get married, at the end of the day we end up being alone, or better still "used" like the way some guys will put it, i think is better not to go through such trauma, look for what will make you happy and what will give you cash, then enjoy your life to the fullest, travel to any part of the world without restrictions, without you thinking you need to make breakfast for someone or that you need to be home by 6 pm
yes dear I understand you . am just saying that you shouldn't get married .
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Walexybobo(m): 11:08am On Jul 05, 2018
Just tell us u are les.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Walexybobo(m): 11:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Famousqueen:

nature has not been fair to me when it comes to relationship, always falling for the wrong or the same genotype which is As, so to me relationship sucks, and if relationship can be so annoying, then marriage will be worse
eeya sori.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by teenagetalks(f): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
delugajackson:
Did she just say that marriage is of no benefit to Nigerian women? Entirely ironic!

A typical Nigerian woman enjoys 101 percent benefit in marriage. Go to some families you will find out that the man is maggi, onion and pepper in the house. The man is paying the rent, the man is paying the children's fees and then still spends on her. Virtually everything is taken care of by the man while all she does is give birth to children by the minute. Worst case, she chats with her friends all day on Facebook and everyother social network. Whoever says Marriage doesn't favor women must be living in utopia and is ignorant of certain realities.

Don't generalize, because if women does nothing men wouldn't be itching to get married.. I know you are a man so I'm not surprised. Some women are. slaves in their marriages. Cleaning,washing,cooking,caring for the welfare of the kids,how about school runs of the kids,carrying pregnancy for 9 months and give birth with all the sleepless that comes with it.Some even give up their career just to care. for the family but still they don't get appreciated or given accolades like you just did. The era you just described above have long gone.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by troubleseller: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
bukatyne:

First, you assume my martial status.

Second, I see no reason why I should take your comment to be tongue in cheek.

You stated it as a something she would miss out if she didn't marry.

A man doesn't need the marriage certificate to do anything for you.

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
johnydon22:

And as a matter of objectivity, marriage is far more beneficial to women than it is to men. (This is statistically backed with peered reviewed information and studies)

And marriage is far more disadvantageous to men than it is to women.

The problem is: Men don't often complain about things, Women on the other hand often complain about everything

where is the link to the peer reviewed information?

benefits of African marriage to an African woman

1. your father sells you and collects bride price

2. you quickly change your name to your new owner's name to show you belong to him

3,. all your children bear his name

4. you must support him, cook clean, be his house girl and raise his kids

5. you have no say because his decision is final you must submit

6. if there is any problems don't complain show you are a good woman by praying for him and enduring because a woman keeps her home.

7. If you earn more than him pls don't tell anyone because it will emasculate him

did I miss anything else?

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Toks2008(m): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
Lalas247:

Lol my lips are sealed ...
Morning handsome wink

Don't seal lips..if you agree with her no problem...at least you don't need a man's money....just give me one or two cuties.

Good afternoon miss curvaceous.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Uglymugg: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
Biglittlelois:
I think the society we are in especially Nigeria affects mind set alot, not every woman wants to GET married, not every woman wants to STAY married, some just wants to taste and leave, people do what society wants so that they wont be tagged different names, personally i'm indifferent about marriage, only advantage is to have a stable and safe fvck mate, have kids legally et al.
sweet baby, you have not answered my question!!!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by jaxxy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
pocohantas:

She is actually right on that, but telling ladies not to get married is kinda hypocritical coming from her...A MARRIED WOMAN. There are men who are progressives, who want a wife for all the right reasons, they are my desire. I can't come and kill myself.

I agree with your submission smiley.

So,what are you delivering SPECIALLY @ signature?

Well true she shud hv stated the kind of marriage she subscribes to or dats ideal to her. Sure there are such men. Don't mind the NL stereotype, i want to believe most of them are joking or looking for likes.

As per my sigy.. The goodies wink
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
majekdom2:
because in your thought, you perhaps wanted to get married to depend on a man! If that wasn't your thought, you will see the benefits of marriage beyond dependency on your partner. The dependency mindset is a parasitic one.. a parasitic relationship does not last.. at all. Do you have any purpose in life? Do you think marriage will help achieve it? The answers to those questions should let you decide if you should marry or not.
Sigh!

Lol at your conclusions of my thoughts, very ridiculous judgement from shallow understanding. To you, Being independent only relates with finance.Even when I went further to list some reasons why people get married (regular Bleep, attention, love etc) You ignored but focus on what bites you most. Very funny!!

Do people not ponder on random things happening around them? Do I live in a different world? Why do you think I meditating on marriage means that's the boiling agenda on my mind? You people amaze me.

I stand on my point Mister, the more emotionally, physically, psychologically, sexually and financially independent you become, the lesser you see the need for marriage. Argue that and not what I want to get married for!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

@bolded. No. Rather, it makes you look beyond financial standing in the choice of a partner.
Please read my response to Majekdom2 ,I hate repetitions but it would be impolite of me to ignore. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Thread For Girls That Don't Ave A Boy Friend / Man Who Got Crippled After Beating By His Senior In School Set To Wed (photos) / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Female DJ And Her Husband-to-be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.