Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,380 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies (57808 Views)

Newlywed Bride Advises Single Women To Avoid Men (Video) / "Wear Your Shirt Back" - Lady Advises Lady Who Tries To Entice Guys / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
MariaLavina:
I pondered on this question last night, and came up with an answer : The more independent you become, the lesser you see the need for Marriage. When you live by your own terms, pay your own bills, have a regular Bleep, attention and care from opposite sex, You are most likely to loose interest in marriage.

But hey! who asks for another person's list of benefits of being married? Are we all getting married to the same individual? cheesy
because in your thought, you perhaps wanted to get married to depend on a man! If that wasn't your thought, you will see the benefits of marriage beyond dependency on your partner. The dependency mindset is a parasitic one.. a parasitic relationship does not last.. at all. Do you have any purpose in life? Do you think marriage will help achieve it? The answers to those questions should let you decide if you should marry or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
donstan18:
The lady that asked that question is an evening newspaper looking for a way to console herself.

-No matter how a Nigerian lady claim not to want to be called a wife on social media, she'll still log out and face reality.

-Comments and posts like this are often made by married women who are benefiting from marriage. But the dump and single ones will be quick to embrace it.

-It's funny how a married woman made such statements, but if she's to be asked to lead by example by leaving her marriage to get the same benefit as a single lady, she won't do it.

-If marriage is to be abolished in Nigeria, Nigerian ladies will die of hunger and poverty because an average Nigerian lady is poor, looking for a man to depend on which is their major reason for marriage(To alleviate from poverty)

Funny thing is; That lady might be holding fried chicken or turkey with chilled wine, wearing sexy dress and crossing her legs in her husband's parlor enjoying, while the foolish and single frustrated ones be consoling their lonely and unmarried state with her posts.
I won't be surprised Chimamada licks her husband's Anus.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by CAPSLOCKED: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

THIS IS OKAY FOR YOU TO SAY, AS A TEENAGER.

WHEN YOU'RE OLDER YOU'LL LEARN TO SEE LIFE DIFFERENTLY.

"THANKS".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by mustylique(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
majekdom2:
and this is a reason Africa will remain the poorest continent because they fail to think out of the box in most cases. Being dependent on someone because he is richer does not mean one is out of poverty. Being poor is a state of the mind. Driving a car, living in a house, travelling round the world isn't success if one didn't work for it. There is nothing like working for what you have... this is success to me

poverty may be a state of mind but ur definition of success doesn't go down well with me.
so dangote and otedola's children are not successful Abi because they didn't work hard for it.
success comes easy for some folks, in fact some people were born successful, and I don't think dey should be made to feel bad about it because dey didn't work hard for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
LivingFree:

Aha! We've cracked her code! lol! In that case marriage in "Nigeria" ain't worth it lipsrsealed

Who needs guarantees in life? shi, the oxygen we breathe ain't guaranteed but we breathe anyway grin

Marriage is a beautiful ideal with the right person... I just wish our generation wasn't filled [b]with needy people. [/b]Think about it most of the broken marriages are due to some need that wasn't met! The sick irony is that no one can meet our needs but us! But we hold other's responsible for our needs. When marriage was a poverty alleviating scheme, men married many women but now a days a man can't find 1 to marry? why? Poverty is an easier need to manage in comparison to 'Making her happy' you can't throw money at happiness.

need will always arise. That's why the other person is there. We always need humans at every point of our lives. There is no place for empathy in the heart of many again hence they can't provide support for some need eve when they have the capacity. This is the reason many relationships and marriages fail. Life is made to stretch us to the limit, our abilities to endure is what makes us heros.
https://www.nairaland.com/4001267/life-izokuthoba-it-humble#59663889
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
mustylique:

marriage IS still a poverty alleviating scheme in this country, mostly.
the happiness of most naija babes revolves around money, so money can be thrown at happiness in this context, most of the time atleast.
the bottom line is that the country is fvcked up and it is affecting everyones mentality irrespective of gender. marriage is only favourable with the right mentality by both parties.
Thank you. God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
mustylique:

poverty may be a state of mind but ur definition of success doesn't go down well with me.
so dangote and otedola's children are not successful Abi because they didn't work hard for it.
success comes easy for some folks, in fact some people were born successful, and I don't think dey should be made to feel bad about it because dey didn't work hard for it.
thats because you have not seen the other side of my comment. What are otedola's children doing? Hustling.. one is a DJ. She still gets paid. What is Davido doing? Hustling. What is Paddy Adenuga doing? Hustling. The children of the rich hustle!!! I can tell the ones I know. That's not to say some dont just sit and lavish their parents money. They are only lucky to have a good support i.e their parents money to leverage on. Instead of the poor ones around to work hard, they are looking for for ready made man or oyibo woman to take them outta poverty

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by pocohantas(f): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
majekdom2:
this is because bad news spreads faster than good news. The bad belle people are quick to see and spread the news of your crashed marriage. There are still certified partner through life that can be guaranteed. There are people enjoying their marriage. This mentality of I am right, you can't be right is why many marriages are failing. We are tuned to the negatives especially in Africa. There is no place for empathy any more. People marry and date for their selfish gains. Marry a complement and you will enjoy life!

Yea, that's just the way it is.
We hear of the bad marriages, bad men, bad women...bad everything. Even when we see happy couples, we somehow convince ourselves, that behind the smile, they are very unhappy. We are that toxic!

majekdom2:
and this is a reason Africa will remain the poorest continent because they fail to think out of the box in most cases. Being dependent on someone because he is richer does not mean one is out of poverty. Being poor is a state of the mind. Driving a car, living in a house, travelling round the world isn't success if one didn't work for it. There is nothing like working for what you have... this is success to me

In Nigeria, it means she is out of poverty, as long as the marriage is on and the husband still rakes in money. That's why they never want to leave the marriage, no matter how abusive it gets.

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nedfed(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
I totally agree.

I do not understand why women choose to stay with only one man when there is happiness in trying somethings new, and I also wonder why a man choose to be with just one woman, or at least they are allowed to cheat and still stay in marriage.

This marriage thing should be abrogated.

Let us rock and roll.

tongue grin

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nigerian govt need to release more 100naira note into circulation, I can't keep on buying biscuits just to break 1000naira note.

undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Let me understand..........

A married woman advises ladies to remain single........ Why does she not divorce her husband?

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by sammirano: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
GOFRONT:
Abeg o Anty, Wait make I first marry my girl......No posion her mind for me

Bro you are the one doing her a favor. If you know, you know

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Amarabae(f): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
Well a woman should marry if she wants to marry,
But she should not marry just because of societal pressure.
Simple

6 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by pauljumbo: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
majekdom2:

Taking care of kids at home is not work
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Reference(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
Of course no one can blame you for not knowing the function of a thing but to urge all others to join your ignorance is just wrong.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Keneeby(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
Famousqueen:
she just said my mind, the only thing i want in life, is mental peace, happiness, and enjoy my life without anyone restricting me cool why get married when i will be subjected to pains, commitments, emotional trauma, e.t.c

Are you from Edo?

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by mirob(f): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Biglittlelois:
I think the society we are in especially Nigeria affects mind set alot, not every woman wants to GET married, not every woman wants to STAY married, some just wants to taste and leave, people do what society wants so that they wont be tagged different names, personally i'm indifferent about marriage, only advantage is to have a stable and safe fvck mate, have kids legally et al.

The 'safe' Bleep mate most times is not even guaranteed, some married men be fucking outside without protection like there is no tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Malakh: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
there's no benefit in it for both parties if it isn't joined in heaven or if it's joined by a pagan christian pastor/imam that only means their marriage was joined by a pagan which only means that most high has nothing to do with their marriage
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by sexdoll: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Angy55:
Some Ladies

Okay, don't get married, work and earn all the money you can and be paying one young boy to be lashing you always. Pay any young guy to impregnate you and that settles it.

who knows, she may even be a lesbian so no need to be paying any young boy at all...
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by mirob(f): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Biglittlelois:
I think the society we are in especially Nigeria affects mind set alot, not every woman wants to GET married, not every woman wants to STAY married, some just wants to taste and leave, people do what society wants so that they wont be tagged different names, personally i'm indifferent about marriage, only advantage is to have a stable and safe fvck mate, have kids legally et al.

The 'safe' fvck mate most times is not even guaranteed, some married men be fvcking outside without protection like there is no tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by abrahamadadhe(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]Thunder strike ⚡ your filthy mouth

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Angy55(f): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
sexdoll:

who knows, she may even be a lesbian so no need to be paying any young boy at all...
You're right on point.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by NairaMaster1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
pocohantas:
Definitely a Nigerian woman, married to a Nigerian man.

She answered the question logically though.

As for the one asking that question, she just wants to start a war. Doesn't she have parents? What are the best parts of her mother being married? Therein lies the answer to her question.

I celebrate you.

She's crushing on another man already.

She should ask why single ladies visit prayer houses for marriage.

Prostitution has finished some of them.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Keneeby(m): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Are you from Edo?

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by icon007(m): 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
After she don marry her own. She is like some1 who climb a wall with a ladder, carried her own ladder and trying to destroy other available ladders.... Bad belle. And to think she said she is enjoying her, hmm, dats corruption.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by NairaMaster1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Famousqueen:

So you can Bleep all dick. There's no peace either. You get thrown away by boy friends and jump from john to James. You're also going to have children with different fathers. Such children have uncommon orientation and culture. There're more blissful marriages.

We have them good, Including your mother, such a wonderful woman.

Wise up. This lady is looking outside marriage.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by dljbd1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
Strange

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by Waffarianman(m): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
What's don't work for you can work for me.. What's don't work for me can also work for you.

Gerarahere bitch!
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by ChristineC: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
She's a FO'OL.
Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by jaxxy(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Marrying the right person is the issue not marriage. 65% of people married the wrong people or with the wrong idea or philosophy of marriage.

Marriage us about understanding, understanding is about compromise bt many people can't do this as simple as it may be. It's either their way or the highway

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Should Stop Getting Married' - Married Lady Advises Single Ladies by kayzay4all: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Famousqueen:

so you mean you'll be subjected to all these things you just highlighted. well, marriage isn't compulsion but if you won't marry, then don't fornicate or any other related offence. God won't be happy 'coz He gave u d freedom to marry nd satisfy ur sexual urge legally

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys, What Do You Think About Ladies on period??? / How Do I Save My Relationship / Australian Woman Gets Reply From Crush 8 Years After Texting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.