Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (19914 Views)

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm "As long as your leaders say so" but please sir do you think true faith could be in various denominations having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings? Because the i can't understand why so many different religions are claiming to be one when worshippers aren't one in thought! 1Corinthians 1:10,Ephesians 4:5

DO yourself a favor, research about your religion from extra-JW sources.
If any religion tells you not to do that, then they have a lot to hide.
If your religion is that truthful, researching about it will not do you harm.
The earth goes around the sun is a fact. No matter where you research about fact, your faith in that fact will not diminish.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
Your problem is not keeping Jesus' words in mind. All you're after is disassociating people from the GB but you've forgotten one important thing to be done first. At John 6:68,69 Peter answered Jesus when MAJORITY of those following Him left and never coming to back. Please take note of Peter's question "to whom shall we go?" So instead of worrying yourself about those leaving for uncertainty, why not concentrate on "where faithful followers can go for PURE WORSHIP that they cherish most"? That's where the Spirit dwelling in you failed woefully. wink wink wink

"TO WHOM SHALL WE GO " becomes "WHERE FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS CAN GO FOR PURE WORSHIP. Hmmmmmmmm, your P. R. O skill for the organization you defend is nothing to write home about.

You understand the use of "WHOM " and "WHERE" at all?

Since you are confident in citing John 6:68,69, If the English difficult make we use pidgin small

John 6:67-69.......Because of this one, plenty of his disciples go back, and start de live their former life. They no gree FOLLOW JESUS(not ORGANIZATION) again. 67 So Jesus ask the twelve disciple say: “Wuna want go too?” 68 Simon Peter answer say: “Lord, WHO we want go meet? YOUR(not ORGANIZATION) talk de give everlasting life. 69 We believe and we don know say na YOU(not ORGANIZATION) be the Holy one of God.”

Obviously this is not a case of WHERE but WHO.

Changing WHOM to WHERE na complete disaster, you are not listening to Christ as it seems Peter and the rest know what they are doing and saying.

John 4:20,21 have this to say.........

Our forefathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that in JERUSALEM(THE SEAT AND POWER OF JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION ON EARTH back then if we are to follow Jw. org view/ interpretation on all of this) is the place WHERE people must worship.”21Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in JERUSALEM(THE SEAT AND POWER OF JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION ON EARTH back then if we are to follow Jw. org view/ interpretation on all of this) will you worship the Father.

Worshipping God in spirit and truth is not based or restricted to WHERE. You AGREE? John 4:23.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm "As long as your leaders say so" but please sir do you think true faith could be in various denominations having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings? Because the i can't understand why so many different religions are claiming to be one when worshippers aren't one in thought! 1Corinthians 1:10,Ephesians 4:5

Work, not for the food that perishes, but for the food that remains for everlasting life, which the Son of man will give you; for on this one the Father, God himself, has put his seal of approval.” John 6:27

The faithful and discreet slave( Matthew 24:45) as claimed by the Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses can never boast of this in fact, they REJECTED being so. February watchtower not too far from here. Please read!!!!

The JWS organization is part of numerous denominations teaching conflicting things about God. Internally they may seem united just like every other denominations can lay claim to internal unity. As a whole they are not different from others, they also have their own measure of TRUTH and ERROR that Bedevil all religious institutions and organizations. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 28, 2018
achorladey:

Work, not for the food that perishes, but for the food that remains for everlasting life, which the Son of man will give you; for on this one the Father, God himself, has put his seal of approval.” John 6:27

The faithful and discreet slave( Matthew 24:45) as claimed by the Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses can never boast of this in fact, they REJECTED being so. February watchtower not too far from here. Please read!!!!

The JWS organization is part of numerous denominations teaching conflicting things about God. Internally they may seem united just like every other denominations can lay claim to internal unity. As a whole they are not different from others, they also have their own measure of TRUTH and ERROR that Bedevil all religious institutions and organizations. If you know you know.
LIAR! John 8:44
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2018
mikeolu1:

DO yourself a favor, research about your religion from extra-JW sources.
If any religion tells you not to do that, then they have a lot to hide
2John 10,11 Do yourself a greater favour by forgetting about Jesus' first century Apostles ,because that's exactly what they said in that quote. If you're advocating for the contradictions going on it simply means you're a LIAR because indirectly you're saying "we fabricated Jesus so we can twist him anyhow we're pleased" Sorry my friend His true followers are much smarter than that wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2018
achorladey:

"TO WHOM SHALL WE GO " becomes "WHERE FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS CAN GO FOR PURE WORSHIP. Hmmmmmmmm, your P. R. O skill for the organization you defend is nothing to write home about.

You understand the use of "WHOM " and "WHERE" at all?

Since you are confident in citing John 6:68,69, If the English difficult make we use pidgin small

John 6:67-69.......Because of this one, plenty of his disciples go back, and start de live their former life. They no gree FOLLOW JESUS(not ORGANIZATION) again. 67 So Jesus ask the twelve disciple say: “Wuna want go too?” 68 Simon Peter answer say: “Lord, WHO we want go meet? YOUR(not ORGANIZATION) talk de give everlasting life. 69 We believe and we don know say na YOU(not ORGANIZATION) be the Holy one of God.”

Obviously this is not a case of WHERE but WHO.

Changing WHOM to WHERE na complete disaster, you are not listening to Christ as it seems Peter and the rest know what they are doing and saying.

John 4:20,21 have this to say.........

Our forefathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that in JERUSALEM(THE SEAT AND POWER OF JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION ON EARTH back then if we are to follow Jw. org view/ interpretation on all of this) is the place WHERE people must worship.”21Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in JERUSALEM(THE SEAT AND POWER OF JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION ON EARTH back then if we are to follow Jw. org view/ interpretation on all of this) will you worship the Father.

Worshipping God in spirit and truth is not based or restricted to WHERE. You AGREE? John 4:23.

Truth can never be contradicting and conflicting so if 10 different individuals are giving instructions based on the principles set by one single person and their instructions is not in harmony then it's either none of them understood the principle or one of them knows it. Please just tell me which of all these religions understood the principles laid down by God's ONLY begotten son my friend Jesus is just ONE single person wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
Truth can never be contradicting and conflicting so if 10 different individuals are giving instructions based on the principles set by one single person and their instructions is not in harmony then it's either none of them understood the principle or one of them knows it. Please just tell me which of all these religions understood the principles laid down by God's ONLY begotten son my friend Jesus is just ONE single person wink wink wink

TATIME:Truth can never be CONTRADICTING and conflicting so if 10 different individuals are giving instructions based on the principles set by one single person and their instructions is not in harmony then IT'S EITHER NONE of THEM(including the Jw. org) understood the principle or one(including the jw. org) of them knows it.

Achorladey: Pay attention to all words in capital letters.

TATIME: Please just tell me which of all these religions understood the principles laid down by God's ONLY begotten son my friend Jesus is just ONE single person.

Achorladey: Can you believe the words of a LIAR? If you can, I will gladly answer your question.

A clue to your question is....... Peter is not having RELIGION mindset in his response when the question was directed to him by the JUST ONE SINGLE PERSON.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
achorladey:

TATIME:Truth can never be CONTRADICTING and conflicting so if 10 different individuals are giving instructions based on the principles set by one single person and their instructions is not in harmony then IT'S EITHER NONE of THEM(including the Jw. org) understood the principle or one(including the jw. org) of them knows it.

Achorladey: Pay attention to all words in capital letters.

TATIME: Please just tell me which of all these religions understood the principles laid down by God's ONLY begotten son my friend Jesus is just ONE single person.

Achorladey: Can you believe the words of a LIAR? If you can, I will gladly answer your question.

A clue to your question is....... Peter is not having RELIGION mindset in his response when the question was directed to him by the JUST ONE SINGLE PERSON.
I can never believe a liar unless he redeem his image by setting matters straight with the use of Bible. If you lied to me and i discovered i'll take it as error on your part and immediately you correct yourself i'll start regarding you with full respect even more than i used to have for you before, because you've proved to be HONEST. But stubbornly sticking to error without showing any remorse is tantamount to evil wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
achorladey:

I have done my own thorough investigation and research and i've discovered that ONLY JW organisation is the TRUTH. If you've gotten a better one then present it with evidence to the world not me but trying too mix up everything will never work with me. "Peter is not having RELIGION mindset" There you go again with your LIES, is everlasting life possible through every religion? Well i'll help you with that, if Yes then Jesus wouldn't have told the Samaritan woman demanding a response regarding worship (RELIGION) that "salvation originates ONLY with the Jews" John 4:22 So my friend Peter's response is about "who else can tell us how to please our heavenly Father" the point of emphasis here is WORSHIP or RELIGION wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
I have done my own thorough investigation and research and i've discovered that ONLY JW organisation is the TRUTH. ) wink wink

Just Yesterday Sept 27, 2018

Montana jury awards two women $35M in sex abuse lawsuit against Jehovah's Witnesses

https://missoulian.com/news/local/montana-jury-awards-two-women-m-in-sex-abuse-lawsuit/article_1bcabb7c-7381-574b-a2ba-e011cc0250a6.html

Montana jury awards two women $35M in sex abuse lawsuit against Jehovah's Witnesses

A jury in northwestern Montana awarded two women $35 million Wednesday in their lawsuit against the local Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation and its worldwide headquarters.

The decision came down after a three-day trial. The Thompson Falls congregation and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the church’s institutional center in New York and Pennsylvania, will pay $4 million in compensation and $31 million in punitive damages to two women who sued the church in 2016.

The women said Max Reyes, a member of the Thompson Falls congregation, sexually assaulted, molested and raped them over a 13-year period in the 1990s and 2000s, both before he was severed from the congregation and after leadership reinstated him 14 months later.

Watchtower, the church’s worldwide center, is the headquarters for the religious leadership and the church's institutional operations, such as policy making and financing. Each congregation is legally connected to Watchtower as one entity.

If you wonder where your contributions is going.
Your "Organization is the TRUTH" will not tell you that they pay out so much to cover their ass against litigation.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Neimar: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Omo JW bad o ooo
especially their girls pretenders and they can Bleep
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2018
mikeolu1:

Just Yesterday Sept 27, 2018

https://missoulian.com/news/local/montana-jury-awards-two-women-m-in-sex-abuse-lawsuit/article_1bcabb7c-7381-574b-a2ba-e011cc0250a6.html

A jury in northwestern Montana awarded two women $35 million Wednesday in their lawsuit against the local Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation and its worldwide headquarters.

The decision came down after a three-day trial. The Thompson Falls congregation and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the church’s institutional center in New York and Pennsylvania, will pay $4 million in compensation and $31 million in punitive damages to two women who sued the church in 2016.

The women said Max Reyes, a member of the Thompson Falls congregation, sexually assaulted, molested and raped them over a 13-year period in the 1990s and 2000s, both before he was severed from the congregation and after leadership reinstated him 14 months later.

Watchtower, the church’s worldwide center, is the headquarters for the religious leadership and the church's institutional operations, such as policy making and financing. Each congregation is legally connected to Watchtower as one entity.

If you wonder where your contributions is going.
Your "Organization is the TRUTH" will not tell you that they pay out so much to cover their ass against litigation.
Hmmmmmmmmmm you're so pained with jealousy and envy to the extent you can't even think straight again "omaseo" undecided undecided undecided For how long will i continue to ask you to present another organisation that's better than this one and only group that you're dying to blackmail I'm telling you that "i've done my own thorough investigation and research to discover that this is the one and only group teaching people the truth" So instead of worrying your brains about blackmails and accusations, please just point to another religious group that's WORTHY of blackmail. Let me enlighten you a bit, if JW organisation has not beating all other religious groups with our achievements there won't be all these stories here and there! Because crime happens everyday and reporters don't see it as HOT news or something that could call attention! "He that's down already need fear no fall" but the one on top do so that's why it's JWs this or JWs that as if such things aren't happening elsewhere. Simple as ABC wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm you're so pained with jealousy and envy to the extent you can't even think straight again "omaseo" undecided undecided undecided For how long will i continue to ask you to present another organisation that's better than this one and only group that you're dying to blackmail I'm telling you that "i've done my own thorough investigation and research to discover that this is the one and only group teaching people the truth" So instead of worrying your brains about blackmails and accusations, please just point to another religious group that's WORTHY of blackmail. Let me enlighten you a bit, if JW organisation has not beating all other religious groups with our achievements there won't be all these stories here and there! Because crime happens everyday and reporters don't see it as HOT news or something that could call attention! "He that's down already need fear no fall" but the one on top do so that's why it's JWs this or JWs that as if such things aren't happening elsewhere. Simple as ABC wink wink wink

How many Kingdom Halls will be sold to cover $35M?
Many american JWs are annoyed when their halls are sold while the GB members live in a 5-star paradise in Warwick NY.
Jesus and Paul would not live in Warwick if they are alive today.
To most Jehovah's witnesses, all these litigation and payout are "blackmails and accusations".
They believe it because that's what the leaders told them. They tell them Watchtower is the only God's true organization
Typical cult!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
I can never believe a liar unless he redeem his image by setting matters straight with the use of Bible. If you lied to me and i discovered i'll take it as error on your part and immediately you correct yourself i'll start regarding you with full respect even more than i used to have for you before, because you've proved to be HONEST. But stubbornly sticking to error without showing any remorse is tantamount to evil wink wink wink

TATIME: I can never believe a liar unless he redeem his image by setting matters straight with the USE OF BIBLE.

Achorladey: I thought I have been quoting from biology textbook all this while.

TATIME: But stubbornly sticking to error without showing any remorse is tantamount to evil.

Achorladey: Bring out the stubbornness and error in my conversation with you so far. But your own case on this platform as regards sticking to error leave less to desire.

TATIME: I can never believe a liar.

Achorladey: Yimu! That statement can only be correct when you know your being lied to. Agreed?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:
I have done my own thorough investigation and research and i've discovered that ONLY JW organisation is the TRUTH. If you've gotten a better one then present it with evidence to the world not me but trying too mix up everything will never work with me. "Peter is not having RELIGION mindset" There you go again with your LIES, is everlasting life possible through every religion? Well i'll help you with that, if Yes then Jesus wouldn't have told the Samaritan woman demanding a response regarding worship (RELIGION) that "salvation originates ONLY with the Jews" John 4:22 So my friend Peter's response is about "who else can tell us how to please our heavenly Father" the point of emphasis here is WORSHIP or RELIGION wink wink wink

TATIME:is everlasting life possible through every religion?

achorladey: Did Jesus say everlasting life is possible through religion? Not to talk of every religion.

TATIME: that "salvation originates ONLY with the Jews" John 4:22

Achorladey: hahahahahah Oga quote bible well.You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews.

Since salvation begins/ ONLY with the Jews, why you be Jws? Why you no practice Judaism? HAHHAHAHAHA.

TATIME: Peter's response is about "WHO else can tell us how to please our heavenly Father".

Achorladey: Did I just see "WHO" in your post. Come back and tell me am stubborn or lying. Jesus is the "WHO". The only one that has spiritual food that has God's approval. Your eye Don clear? 7Abi you still see via a metal mirror.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
TATIME:

"Truth can never be contradicting and conflicting"
You pretend not to be aware of New LIGHT which always contradict Old LIGHT.
Here are few examples

On whether or not the gay men of Sodom would be resurrected to the paradise Earth:

1879: These men will be resurrected.

1952: The light gets brighter. These men will not be resurrected.

1965: More “new light.” These men will be resurrected, for sure.

1988: Jehovah apparently changed his mind once again. These men will not be resurrected!

How about the separating of the "sheep and the goats ” during the judgment period?"

1919: It will take place after the time of tribulation.

1923: It is taking place now, before the tribulation.

1995: Guess what? The light gets brighter. It will take place after the time of tribulation.

Then you have the ‘Lord’ in Romans 10: 12-16

1903: 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

1940: The light gets brighter? 'Lord’ refers to Jehovah.

1978: The light gets dimmer? 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

1980: The light gets brighter once again? 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.

These are just a few of the hundreds of things the leaders of JW has changed their mind on over the years.

No wonder elders were told to remove and destroy several publications from the library kept in the kingdom Halls

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
mikeolu1:

"Truth can never be contradicting and conflicting"
You pretend not to be aware of New LIGHT which always contradict Old LIGHT.
Here are few examples

On whether or not the gay men of Sodom would be resurrected to the paradise Earth:

1879: These men will be resurrected.

1952: The light gets brighter. These men will not be resurrected.

1965: More “new light.” These men will be resurrected, for sure.

1988: Jehovah apparently changed his mind once again. These men will not be resurrected!

How about the separating of the "sheep and the goats ” during the judgment period?"

1919: It will take place after the time of tribulation.

1923: It is taking place now, before the tribulation.

1995: Guess what? The light gets brighter. It will take place after the time of tribulation.

Then you have the ‘Lord’ in Romans 10: 12-16

1903: 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

1940: The light gets brighter? 'Lord’ refers to Jehovah.

1978: The light gets dimmer? 'Lord' refers to Jesus.

1980: The light gets brighter once again? 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.

These are just a few of the hundreds of things the leaders of JW has changed their mind on over the years.

No wonder elders were told to remove and destroy several publications from the library kept in the kingdom Halls

As it seems, the more they think its a "new light" or "clear direction" as it were, the more they remain "old light" and "opaque direction". Using Moses in one of the current study article as scapegoat all in the name of wanting to tell adherents to follow CLEAR DIRECTION from the organization. Oga TATIME, Moses missing out on reaching the promise land is so insignificant when compared towards his looking towards the perfecter and finisher of his faith........JESUS CHRIST. Hebrew 11:24-27, Hebrew 12:2.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 29, 2018
mikeolu1:

How many Kingdom Halls will be sold to cover $35M?
Many american JWs are annoyed when their halls are sold while the GB members live in a 5-star paradise in Warwick NY.
Jesus and Paul would not live in Warwick if they are alive today.
To most Jehovah's witnesses, all these litigation and payout are "blackmails and accusations".
They believe it because that's what the leaders told them. They tell them Watchtower is the only God's true organization
Typical cult!
Satan has given you so many reasons to leave JW organisation but just one single thing that he can't just show you "another BETTER organisation that's worthy blackmailing". cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 29, 2018
achorladey:

As it seems, the more they think its a "new light" or "clear direction" as it were, the more they remain "old light" and "opaque direction". Using Moses in one of the current study article as scapegoat all in the name of wanting to tell adherents to follow CLEAR DIRECTION from the organization. Oga TATIME, Moses missing out on reaching the promise land is so insignificant when compared towards his looking towards the perfecter and finisher of his faith........JESUS CHRIST. Hebrew 11:24-27, Hebrew 12:2.
Just one single question and both of you have been running elta skelta without finding an answer. OK let me enlighten you both again, JWs GB is not inspired so they can err right? So they've given everyone a reason to know that they are scripture researchers not inspired writers or prophets. It's whatever they read, studied,meditated and prayed upon that they published. Therefore they have already prepared the minds of whoever is following their discoveries for adjustments as in CORRECTING whatever error they made. You studied,got baptized and became a dedicated member of the organization after knowing all these facts so if you're leaving now without knowing a BETTER organization to associate with please for what reason. John 6:66-71
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 29, 2018
Dear mikeolu & achorlardey, please just find an answer to the question "where else to go for pure worship" otherwise it's like you're both Cain's descendants to me, he condemned his brother to death and never presented a BETTER sacrifice before JEHOVAH. You've claimed that the GB made other religious groups look evil before their followers, they started their own "religious group" and today about 8millions are members across the globe, of course there must be troubles since these ones have not reach perfection. But what about achievements? So if both of you aren't just envious like Cain, please point to another single organization that has come a bit close to the achievements of the GB. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 29, 2018
Neimar:
Omo JW bad o ooo
especially their girls pretenders and they can Bleep
Both mikeolu and achorlardey will be glad with this "beautiful" comment but cannot say anything about false religions and how Christians ought to continue meeting together without forsaking the gathering of themselves together. To the two intelligent friends all religious groups claiming Christians are good to go except Jehovah's Witnesses. Please Sir i hope the girls are giving you some good times,because that's what many men love in women and most women are "positively" responding to their proposals. But God is not pleased with fornication that's why we're preaching and teaching our neighbors. "The girls" in question are also part of those undergoing the training program that's why some of them are still falling for the usual things, it's when humans reach perfection stage that all that will be things of the past. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:
Just one single question and both of you have been running elta skelta without finding an answer. OK let me enlighten you both again, JWs GB is not inspired so they can err right? So they've given everyone a reason to know that they are scripture researchers not inspired writers or prophets. It's whatever they read, studied,meditated and prayed upon that they published. Therefore they have already prepared the minds of whoever is following their discoveries for adjustments as in CORRECTING whatever error they made. You studied,got baptized and became a dedicated member of the organization after knowing all these facts so if you're leaving now without knowing a BETTER organization to associate with please for what reason. John 6:66-71

One minute is WHERE, another minute it is WHO. oga TATIME, the answer you seek cannot leave the scriptures boldly cited in your post. It is clearly and boldly written. I have drummed that continuously but you are not buying it as it seems. The love of the Christ and the Faith you have in Christ cannot be legislated and expressed through an organization(WHERE) on earth.

"WHERE" the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. The spirit of the Lord is not restricted ONLY within the JW. org John 8:36 states when the Son set you FREE you are indeed FREE not bound or restricted by ORGANIZATION PROCEDURES and POLICIES that are constantly and continuously EDITED, REVIEWED and some DISCARDED. Many have suffered, families torn apart, even some lost their members in death based on POLICIES and PROCEDURES that restrict their conscience and freedom.

These are reasons why Paul said nothing should separate us from the love of the Christ not even any Organization/institutions set up by man should separate or restrict our love for Christ. If any organization/institution cannot separate us from the love of the Christ, why look for "WHERE" instead of "WHO".

Afterall we are all to render account of ourselves not to an ORGANIZATION or on ORGANIZATIONS AFFILIATION basis but INDIVIDUALLY to God. Romans 14:12.

The BIBLE you and I base of our Beliefs on categorically states it's COMPLETENESS to equip YOU and I to do ANY and EVERY good WORKS including the preaching WORK you think others are not participating. It is not JW. ORG that should tell you that, the BIBLE states that long long ago. ANY and EVERY good WORK is not RESTRICTED to preaching WORK and it's not CHIEF of every GOOD work and the JW. ORG are not the ONLY ORGANIZATION doing so.

Finally, if YOU and I have reasons to BOAST let our reasons for BOASTING be in the LORD(WHO) not on ORGANIZATIONS(WHERE) set up by MAN.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:
Dear mikeolu & achorlardey, please just find an answer to the question "where else to go for pure worship" otherwise it's like you're both Cain's descendants to me, he condemned his brother to death and never presented a BETTER sacrifice before JEHOVAH. You've claimed that the GB made other religious groups look evil before their followers, they started their own "religious group" and today about 8millions are members across the globe, of course there must be troubles since these ones have not reach perfection. But what about achievements? So if both of you aren't just envious like Cain, please point to another single organization that has come a bit close to the achievements of the GB. wink wink wink

TATIME: Dear mikeolu & achorlardey, please just find an answer to the question "where else to go for pure worship"

Achorladey: John 6:66-69

TATIME: otherwise it's like you're both Cain's descendants to me, he condemned his brother to death and never presented a BETTER sacrifice before JEHOVAH.

Achorladey: You are likewise not different from CAIN. You condemned other Christendom denominations despite knowing you are a part of them right from the start. Since you are also part of Christendom is your sacrifice any different from theirs? Your ORGANIZATION see them as ENEMY. Just as CAIN see ABEL as ENEMY for no REASON.

TATIME: You've claimed that the GB made other religious groups look evil before their followers, they started their own "religious group" and today about 8millions are members across the globe, of course there must be troubles since these ones have not reach perfection.

Achorladey: It's not a claim, your organization indeed LED by the GB in a recent article tagged them ENEMIES before their FOLLOWERS and members. NA lie? Since you know there are problems within the Jws.ORGANIZATION you are a member of, why are you in a rush to pick on the PROBLEMS of other religious ORGANIZATIONS.

TATIME: But what about achievements?

Achorladey: Bring out the statistics of your achievements let's see when compared even with non religious organizations and see if come any where close. Let me ask......Your organization don construct any kilometers of road before, a local hospital, basic community primary schools and the likes. Bring the stats let's see how far. Do you know some of your MEMBERS works in Missionary schools and the rest Named St. Michael's african CHURCH schools, St Judes St. Paul's e. t. c Bring the achievements make we see.

* Emphasis on the CHURCH in those names because you don't like stepping into churches or fellowship there or preach inside a church premises as it were.

There are statement within the publications of the organization that berates all this achievements done by other religious organizations.
You know why? JWS. ORG don't count James 1:27 as acceptable religion from God. Yet you go all over the threads shouting PURE RELIGION, PREACHING PREACHING. What is pure religion that lack CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Jesus no do CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY? abi na only preaching preaching preaching?

The RURAL RUGGED of ordinary Nigerian Christian Corpers fellowship get CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Wetin una own get?

TATIME: So if both of you aren't just envious like Cain, please point to another single organization that has come a bit close to the achievements of the GB

Achorladey: So if you aren't just envious like CAIN, you will not even dare bring the JW. org achievements into comparison with non religious organizations not to talk of Religious ones.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
achorladey:

One minute is WHERE, another minute it is WHO. oga TATIME, the answer you seek cannot leave the scriptures boldly cited in your post. It is clearly and boldly written. I have drummed that continuously but you are not buying it as it seems. The love of the Christ and the Faith you have in Christ cannot be legislated and expressed through an organization(WHERE) on earth.

"WHERE" the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. The spirit of the Lord is not restricted ONLY within the JW. org John 8:36 states when the Son set you FREE you are indeed FREE not bound or restricted by ORGANIZATION PROCEDURES and POLICIES that are constantly and continuously EDITED, REVIEWED and some DISCARDED. Many have suffered, families torn apart, even some lost their members in death based on POLICIES and PROCEDURES that restrict their conscience and freedom.

These are reasons why Paul said nothing should separate us from the love of the Christ not even any Organization/institutions set up by man should separate or restrict our love for Christ. If any organization/institution cannot separate us from the love of the Christ, why look for "WHERE" instead of "WHO".

Afterall we are all to render account of ourselves not to an ORGANIZATION or on ORGANIZATIONS AFFILIATION basis but INDIVIDUALLY to God. Romans 14:12.

The BIBLE you and I base of our Beliefs on categorically states it's COMPLETENESS to equip YOU and I to do ANY and EVERY good WORKS including the preaching WORK you think others are not participating. It is not JW. ORG that should tell you that, the BIBLE states that long long ago. ANY and EVERY good WORK is not RESTRICTED to preaching WORK and it's not CHIEF of every GOOD work and the JW. ORG are not the ONLY ORGANIZATION doing so.

Finally, if YOU and I have reasons to BOAST let our reasons for BOASTING be in the LORD(WHO) not on ORGANIZATIONS(WHERE) set up by MAN.
You're full of deceit my friend but you don't know that Jesus has fully equipped His true followers,so that Satanic teachings can't make any success. Well let me enlighten you once again, if Jesus' followers are to do things independently without any attachments to an organised group (organization) Jesus wouldn't have chosen 12 out numerous disciples to serve as a body of Apostles. Matthew 16:18,19 When He returned to heaven everything is done ORDERLY so that no Christian isolate himself from the organized group(organization). 1Corinthians 14:40 Jesus wouldn't do anything for anyone without the Apostles involved.Matthew 14:14-22 compared to acts 2:42 Yes each person will carry his own load but there must be an organization that Christians need to be obedient to those taking the lead within it. Hebrews 13:7 Satan has formed his own Churches and the only sign to recognise them is INDIFERENCE as in no uniqueness but as for Jesus' congregation you'll always see the difference. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:
You're full of deceit my friend but you don't know that Jesus has fully equipped His true followers,so that Satanic teachings can't make any success. Well let me enlighten you once again, if Jesus' followers are to do things independently without any attachments to an organised group (organization) Jesus wouldn't have chosen 12 out numerous disciples to serve as a body of Apostles. Matthew 16:18,19 When He returned to heaven everything is done ORDERLY so that no Christian isolate himself from the organized group(organization). 1Corinthians 14:40 Jesus wouldn't do anything for anyone without the Apostles involved.Matthew 14:14-22 compared to acts 2:42 Yes each person will carry his own load but there must be an organization that Christians need to be obedient to those taking the lead within it. Hebrews 13:7 Satan has formed his own Churches and the only sign to recognise them is INDIFERENCE as in no uniqueness but as for Jesus' congregation you'll always see the difference. wink wink wink

Wetin you want enlighten me about? Ordinary WHERE and WHO you are finding it difficult to comprehend.You want to Palm me to things being in order and setting up organization and calling it Jehovah's organization depicted as celestial chariots.

When I dissect it once again with scriptures, you will come back and state that I am quoting chemistry textbook.

Remove the deceit you peddle about your organization first before you call others deceitful. I will post an article of avoiding being deceived as printed by your organization and let us see how it applies to your own very organizations.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2018
achorladey:

Wetin you want enlighten me about? Ordinary WHERE and WHO you are finding it difficult to comprehend.You want to Palm me to things being in order and setting up organization and calling it Jehovah's organization depicted as celestial chariots.

When I dissect it once again with scriptures, you will come back and state that I am quoting chemistry textbook.

Remove the deceit you peddle about your organization first before you call others deceitful. I will post an article of avoiding being deceived as printed by your organization and let us see how it applies to your own very organizations.

Hebrews 10:24,25 said something, please Sir i want to associate with TRUE Christians, which Church do you think i should join now wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2018
Here we go.....

Guard Against Being Deceived

DON QUIXOTE is a well-known fictional character created by 16th-century Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes in his classic novel by that name. In that novel, Don Quixote fills his mind with legends and fables about brave knights in glittering armor coming to the rescue of damsels in distress. Soon he begins to believe that he too is a noble knight. In one famous episode, he attacks a group of windmills that he sees as a band of dangerous giants. Convinced in his own mind that he is serving God’s interests by killing those giants, he ends up totally humiliated.

Don Quixote, of course, is only make-believe, but being deceived is seldom a laughing matter. Think, for example, about the alcoholic who believes that he can drink all he wants, only to end up ruining his health and wrecking his family life. Or consider the unfortunate soul suffering from anorexia who thinks that she is well-nourished and healthy but actually is slowly starving herself to death.

Could any of US fall into the trap of being DECEIVED?

Sadly, the answer is YES. In truth, ALL OF US are susceptible to such danger. And that includes the possibility of being deceived about our CHERISHED RELIGIOUS BELIEFS​—with potentially catastrophic consequences. Why is that so? How can you guard against being deceived?

The Dangers of Being Deceived

To deceive, says one dictionary, means “to cause to ACCEPT as TRUE or VALID what is FALSE or INVALID.” It also implies “imposing a false idea or belief that causes ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness.” The basic idea of the word, along with such other words as “MISLEAD” and “delude,” is to lead someone astray by underhanded means. Surely, a person who is not aware that he or she is being kept in a state of “IGNORANCE, BEWILDERMENT, or HELPLESSNESS” by deliberate MISINFORMATION is in serious danger.

The really sad fact is that very often the PERSON WHO is DECEIVED or DELUDED tends to HOLD on to his BELIEF in spite of strong EVIDENCE PROVING OTHERWISE. Perhaps he gets so EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED to his belief that he simply SHUTS his EYES and CLOSES his EARS to any EVIDENCE that might challenge it.

Are We in Danger?

‘Is it not an exaggeration to say that all of us are in danger of being deceived with regard to our religious beliefs?’ you might ask. No, it is not. This is because Satan the Devil, whom Jesus called “the father of the lie,” is bent on deceiving and deluding all of us. ( John 8:44 ) Satan is also described in the Bible as “the god of this system of things.” He has “blinded the minds” of millions of people throughout history. ( 2 Corinthians 4:4 ) Even now, he is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”​— Revelation 12:9 .
Satan began deceiving mankind at the very start of human history. For example, he deceived Eve into believing that she was not subject to the laws of her Creator and that she could “be like God, knowing good and bad,” that is, deciding for herself what was good and what was bad. ( Genesis 3:1-5 ) That was the first great deception, for even though humans were given the freedom to choose what they would do, they were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Only God himself, as Creator and Sovereign, has that right and authority. ( Jeremiah 10:23; Revelation 4:11 ) What a delusion to believe that the right to choose between good and bad means the right to determine what is good and what is bad! Unfortunately, we imperfect humans easily fall into that trap.

Could It Happen to YOU?

Your CHERISHED religious BELIEFS may have EXISTED for CENTURIES, perhaps having been passed down from GENERATION to GENERATION. That, however, does not NECESSARILY mean that they are TRUE. Why not? Well, the Bible record shows that soon after the death of Christ’s apostles, deceitful men arose in the Christian congregation and taught “TWISTED things to draw away the DISCIPLES after THEMSELVES.” ( Acts 20:29, 30 ) They very skillfully misled people “with PERSUASIVE ARGUMENTS” as well as “through the PHILOSOPHY and empty DECEPTION according to the tradition of MEN.”​— Colossians 2:4, 8 .

Are THINGS any DIFFERENT today? Not really, for the apostle Paul warned that things would get worse in “the last days,” the time in which we are now living. “WICKED MEN and IMPOSTORS will advance from bad to worse,” he wrote, “misleading and being misled [or, “deluding others and deluding themselves,” Phillips].”​—
2 Timothy 3:1, 13 .
It is therefore the course of wisdom to take seriously the warning given by the apostle Paul: “Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” ( 1 Corinthians 10:12 ) Paul, of course, was speaking about one’s standing before God. In fact, to think that Satan could never deceive you is, in itself, a great delusion. Absolutely no one is immune to Satan’s “crafty acts.” ( Ephesians 6:11 , footnote) That is why the apostle expressed his fear regarding his FELLOW CHRISTIANS that “somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning, [their] minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the CHASTITY that are DUE the CHRIST.”​— 2 Corinthians 11:3 .

How Can You Guard Against Being Deceived?

So how can you guard against being deceived by Satan? How can you make sure that you “worship [God] with spirit and truth”? ( John 4:24 ) Use what Jehovah God has given you. First of all, he has given you INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY so that you can distinguish TRUTH from FALSEHOOD. ( 1 John 5:20 ) HE has also made it possible for you to identify Satan’s designs. ( 2 Corinthians 2:11 ) In fact, he has given you EVERYTHING you need to COUNTERACT SATAN’S attempts to mislead you.​— Proverbs 3:1-6; Ephesians 6:10-18 .

Most important, God has provided you with an INFALLIBLE MEANS with which to protect yourself. What is that? The same one that the apostle Paul encouraged his companion Timothy to rely on when it came to matters of religious faith. After giving the warning about “wicked men and impostors,” the apostle Paul told Timothy to resist them by basing everything he believed on “the HOLY WRITINGS”​—that is, on God’s HOLY WORD, the BIBLE.​—
2 Timothy 3:15 .

Of course, some may say that anyone who believes in God and accepts the Bible as His inspired Word is misguided. In reality, though, the MISGUIDED ones are those who STUBBORNLY IGNORE all the evidence that proves the existence of a Creator and that the BIBLE is truly GOD’S INSPIRED WORD. — Romans 1:18-25; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:19-21 .
Rather than being deceived by what is “FALSELY called ‘KNOWLEDGE,’” use God’s Word to ESTABLISH the TRUTH. ( 1 Timothy 6:20, 21 ) Be like the noble-minded men and women whom the apostle Paul preached to in Beroea. They “received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind.” Not only WERE THEY KEENLY believing what the APOSTLE PAUL TAUGHT them but they were also “CAREFULLY EXAMINING the SCRIPTURES daily as to whether these things were so.”​— Acts 17:11 .

You have nothing to FEAR from EXAMINING your BELIEFS in this way. In fact, the Bible encourages you to “MAKE SURE of all THINGS” before accepting them as true. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ) Toward the end of the first century C.E., the apostle John urged his fellow Christians: “Beloved ones, do not believe every INSPIRED EXPRESSION, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they ORIGINATE with GOD.” ( 1 John 4:1 ) Yes, even though a CERTAIN RELIGIOUS TEACHING seems to be “INSPIRED”​—or to COME from GOD—​it is still the COURSE of WISDOM to examine the SCRIPTURES to make sure before accepting it as TRUE.​— John 8:31, 32.

Enjoy TATIME!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2018
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2018
achorladey:
Here we go.....

Guard Against Being Deceived

DON QUIXOTE is a well-known fictional character created by 16th-century Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes in his classic novel by that name. In that novel, Don Quixote fills his mind with legends and fables about brave knights in glittering armor coming to the rescue of damsels in distress. Soon he begins to believe that he too is a noble knight. In one famous episode, he attacks a group of windmills that he sees as a band of dangerous giants. Convinced in his own mind that he is serving God’s interests by killing those giants, he ends up totally humiliated.

Don Quixote, of course, is only make-believe, but being deceived is seldom a laughing matter. Think, for example, about the alcoholic who believes that he can drink all he wants, only to end up ruining his health and wrecking his family life. Or consider the unfortunate soul suffering from anorexia who thinks that she is well-nourished and healthy but actually is slowly starving herself to death.

Could any of US fall into the trap of being DECEIVED?

Sadly, the answer is YES. In truth, ALL OF US are susceptible to such danger. And that includes the possibility of being deceived about our CHERISHED RELIGIOUS BELIEFS​—with potentially catastrophic consequences. Why is that so? How can you guard against being deceived?

The Dangers of Being Deceived

To deceive, says one dictionary, means “to cause to ACCEPT as TRUE or VALID what is FALSE or INVALID.” It also implies “imposing a false idea or belief that causes ignorance, bewilderment, or helplessness.” The basic idea of the word, along with such other words as “MISLEAD” and “delude,” is to lead someone astray by underhanded means. Surely, a person who is not aware that he or she is being kept in a state of “IGNORANCE, BEWILDERMENT, or HELPLESSNESS” by deliberate MISINFORMATION is in serious danger.

The really sad fact is that very often the PERSON WHO is DECEIVED or DELUDED tends to HOLD on to his BELIEF in spite of strong EVIDENCE PROVING OTHERWISE. Perhaps he gets so EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED to his belief that he simply SHUTS his EYES and CLOSES his EARS to any EVIDENCE that might challenge it.

Are We in Danger?

‘Is it not an exaggeration to say that all of us are in danger of being deceived with regard to our religious beliefs?’ you might ask. No, it is not. This is because Satan the Devil, whom Jesus called “the father of the lie,” is bent on deceiving and deluding all of us. ( John 8:44 ) Satan is also described in the Bible as “the god of this system of things.” He has “blinded the minds” of millions of people throughout history. ( 2 Corinthians 4:4 ) Even now, he is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.”​— Revelation 12:9 .
Satan began deceiving mankind at the very start of human history. For example, he deceived Eve into believing that she was not subject to the laws of her Creator and that she could “be like God, knowing good and bad,” that is, deciding for herself what was good and what was bad. ( Genesis 3:1-5 ) That was the first great deception, for even though humans were given the freedom to choose what they would do, they were not created with the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. Only God himself, as Creator and Sovereign, has that right and authority. ( Jeremiah 10:23; Revelation 4:11 ) What a delusion to believe that the right to choose between good and bad means the right to determine what is good and what is bad! Unfortunately, we imperfect humans easily fall into that trap.

Could It Happen to YOU?

Your CHERISHED religious BELIEFS may have EXISTED for CENTURIES, perhaps having been passed down from GENERATION to GENERATION. That, however, does not NECESSARILY mean that they are TRUE. Why not? Well, the Bible record shows that soon after the death of Christ’s apostles, deceitful men arose in the Christian congregation and taught “TWISTED things to draw away the DISCIPLES after THEMSELVES.” ( Acts 20:29, 30 ) They very skillfully misled people “with PERSUASIVE ARGUMENTS” as well as “through the PHILOSOPHY and empty DECEPTION according to the tradition of MEN.”​— Colossians 2:4, 8 .

Are THINGS any DIFFERENT today? Not really, for the apostle Paul warned that things would get worse in “the last days,” the time in which we are now living. “WICKED MEN and IMPOSTORS will advance from bad to worse,” he wrote, “misleading and being misled [or, “deluding others and deluding themselves,” Phillips].”​—
2 Timothy 3:1, 13 .
It is therefore the course of wisdom to take seriously the warning given by the apostle Paul: “Consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” ( 1 Corinthians 10:12 ) Paul, of course, was speaking about one’s standing before God. In fact, to think that Satan could never deceive you is, in itself, a great delusion. Absolutely no one is immune to Satan’s “crafty acts.” ( Ephesians 6:11 , footnote) That is why the apostle expressed his fear regarding his FELLOW CHRISTIANS that “somehow, as the serpent seduced Eve by its cunning, [their] minds might be corrupted away from the sincerity and the CHASTITY that are DUE the CHRIST.”​— 2 Corinthians 11:3 .

How Can You Guard Against Being Deceived?

So how can you guard against being deceived by Satan? How can you make sure that you “worship [God] with spirit and truth”? ( John 4:24 ) Use what Jehovah God has given you. First of all, he has given you INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY so that you can distinguish TRUTH from FALSEHOOD. ( 1 John 5:20 ) HE has also made it possible for you to identify Satan’s designs. ( 2 Corinthians 2:11 ) In fact, he has given you EVERYTHING you need to COUNTERACT SATAN’S attempts to mislead you.​— Proverbs 3:1-6; Ephesians 6:10-18 .

Most important, God has provided you with an INFALLIBLE MEANS with which to protect yourself. What is that? The same one that the apostle Paul encouraged his companion Timothy to rely on when it came to matters of religious faith. After giving the warning about “wicked men and impostors,” the apostle Paul told Timothy to resist them by basing everything he believed on “the HOLY WRITINGS”​—that is, on God’s HOLY WORD, the BIBLE.​—
2 Timothy 3:15 .

Of course, some may say that anyone who believes in God and accepts the Bible as His inspired Word is misguided. In reality, though, the MISGUIDED ones are those who STUBBORNLY IGNORE all the evidence that proves the existence of a Creator and that the BIBLE is truly GOD’S INSPIRED WORD. — Romans 1:18-25; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:19-21 .
Rather than being deceived by what is “FALSELY called ‘KNOWLEDGE,’” use God’s Word to ESTABLISH the TRUTH. ( 1 Timothy 6:20, 21 ) Be like the noble-minded men and women whom the apostle Paul preached to in Beroea. They “received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind.” Not only WERE THEY KEENLY believing what the APOSTLE PAUL TAUGHT them but they were also “CAREFULLY EXAMINING the SCRIPTURES daily as to whether these things were so.”​— Acts 17:11 .

You have nothing to FEAR from EXAMINING your BELIEFS in this way. In fact, the Bible encourages you to “MAKE SURE of all THINGS” before accepting them as true. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ) Toward the end of the first century C.E., the apostle John urged his fellow Christians: “Beloved ones, do not believe every INSPIRED EXPRESSION, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they ORIGINATE with GOD.” ( 1 John 4:1 ) Yes, even though a CERTAIN RELIGIOUS TEACHING seems to be “INSPIRED”​—or to COME from GOD—​it is still the COURSE of WISDOM to examine the SCRIPTURES to make sure before accepting it as TRUE.​— John 8:31, 32.

Enjoy TATIME!
Just name a Church for someone who wants to associate with true Christians has led to publishing a textbook. I know Jesus never mentioned a church He only warned honesthearted persons of blind guides and you have discovered that the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses is one of those blind guides. So just name another Church at least that a sincere interested person can join for worship. Simple as ABC wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
achorladey:
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010643 for more!
Just mentioned another Church simple. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Emusan(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:

And this your statement really makes Satan a baby liar compare to you.

So you mean GB didn't claim inspiration for whatever they say; grin grin grin

Just like someone has been enlightened you since, I'll advice you, stop following after religion but seeking Jesus Christ Himself.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2018
Emusan:

And this your statement really makes Satan a baby liar compare to you.

So you mean GB didn't claim inspiration for whatever they say; grin grin grin

Just like someone has been enlightened you since, I'll advice you, stop following after religion but seeking Jesus Christ Himself.
Yes Sir/Ma i want to take seriously your timely advice, please mention a name of the Church you can recommend for me to start associating as a Christian, at least i should be worshipping the Lord with fellow Christians na. After all you and your friends are saying the GB is not it abi so suggest another group haba. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 / Evangelist Edet: Any Christian Who Celebrates Grammy Winners Will Miss Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.