Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (19986 Views)

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Emusan(m): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:
Yes Sir/Ma i want to take seriously your timely advice, please mention a name of the Church you can recommend for me to start associating as a Christian, at least i should be worshipping the Lord with fellow Christians na. After all you and your friends are saying the GB is not it abi so suggest another group haha. wink wink wink

So was it part of the truth you people were taught is to be lying?

How can you boldly say the GB has never claimed to be inspired?

Clear that part before I tell which body can follow

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by OneJ: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
mikeolu1:

Just Yesterday Sept 27, 2018

Montana jury awards two women $35M in sex abuse lawsuit against Jehovah's Witnesses

https://missoulian.com/news/local/montana-jury-awards-two-women-m-in-sex-abuse-lawsuit/article_1bcabb7c-7381-574b-a2ba-e011cc0250a6.html

Montana jury awards two women $35M in sex abuse lawsuit against Jehovah's Witnesses

A jury in northwestern Montana awarded two women $35 million Wednesday in their lawsuit against the local Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation and its worldwide headquarters.

The decision came down after a three-day trial. The Thompson Falls congregation and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the church’s institutional center in New York and Pennsylvania, will pay $4 million in compensation and $31 million in punitive damages to two women who sued the church in 2016.

The women said Max Reyes, a member of the Thompson Falls congregation, sexually assaulted, molested and raped them over a 13-year period in the 1990s and 2000s, both before he was severed from the congregation and after leadership reinstated him 14 months later.

Watchtower, the church’s worldwide center, is the headquarters for the religious leadership and the church's institutional operations, such as policy making and financing. Each congregation is legally connected to Watchtower as one entity.

If you wonder where your contributions is going.
Your "Organization is the TRUTH" will not tell you that they pay out so much to cover their ass against litigation.

The "Watchtower is pursuing appellate review.... The monetary award MUST BE REVIEWED."

U want be judge matter where the US Court
never conclude the case finish.

"Attorneys for Jehovah's witnesses said in Court filings that Montana Laws exempts elders from reporting internal ecclesiastical proceedings on a congregation members serious sins".

"The Jurors dismissed claims that the Church should have reported the " 32 year old woman's abuse...Church elders did not receive notice of the woman's abuse in 1998.."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna914146

The 32yr old woman had to lie against. JWs in Court because she want reproach Jehovah's name..

These ugly events happened before the current laws were amended or came into effect.

Jehovah himself will fight for his people.

U go enter kingdom hall like say U come participate for their Bible study program. U think say na human being U dey fool ?
Na yourself U dey deceive.
Judas Iscariot.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
Emusan:

So was it part of the truth you people were taught is to be lying?

How can you boldly say the GB has never claimed to be inspired?

Clear that part before I tell which body can follow
Obviously you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses before so it's a pity that you're involved in this case but i'll advice you perhaps you'll have a rethink. Satan is speedily recruiting soldiers against the second coming of Christ,atheism is what he is using to gather them,so from all religions people are secretly flocking into atheism unknowingly to many,that's why it has been difficult for these atheists to point to another religious group. They'll say Jesus is the Lord but did Jesus have a visible flock? That is when they'll become mute. Why? Because the real intention of the spirit behind their agitation is to stop everyone from following Christ. How can you say Jesus is real to you but He has no visible group? As for your question, the GB said "they're not inspired" you can ask your atheist friends that question, i'm sure they'll not be able to answer you. Did you see them argue with that? If truly you want to enter God's Kingdom, i'll advice you to thread cautiously and please do not just follow the crowd. Exodus 23:2
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
OneJ:

U want be judge for matter where the Law Court never conclude the case finished.
U go enter kingdom hall like say U come participate for their Bible study program. U think say na human being U dey fool ? Na yourself U dey deceive.
Modern day Judas Iscariot.

It's Revelations 16:16 that's fulfilling on them as Satan is recruiting more enemies against the coming of the King. Don't be surprised that they're attending meetings because they're the sharp rocks Jesus said is hiding beneath the sea bed, whoever jumps without caution could hit his skull on them. They're secret agents of Satan amidst God's people but it's time for their identity to be known so now they themselves are aware that they're not Jehovah's Witnesses, that's why i kept answering for them to know that their conscience is dead. And i keep asking them "where are you worshipping now?" thanks to Jehovah the true God. The atheists are still attending no other place of worship but Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses! May Jehovah's name be praised. So let them know that they're working not for the organization they always join for worship but for their father that has no visible United Kingdom. John 8:44
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Emusan(m): 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:
Obviously you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses before so it's a pity that you're involved in this case but i'll advice you perhaps you'll have a rethink. Satan is speedily recruiting soldiers against the second coming of Christ,

I thought you people said Jesus has come! Which second coming of Jesus Christ are you talking about

atheism is what he is using to gather them,so from all religions people are secretly flocking into atheism unknowingly to many,that's why it has been difficult for these atheists to point to another religious group. They'll say Jesus is the Lord but did Jesus have a visible flock? That is when they'll become mute. Why? Because the real intention of the spirit behind their agitation is to stop everyone from following Christ.

You're still lying, no Atheist will ever say Jesus is LORD!

How can you say Jesus is real to you but He has no visible group?

If Jesus should have a group, isn't the same Jesus who supposed to have established that group before He left?

As for your question, the GB said "they're not inspired"

1. If they actually claimed no inspiration, then why are you so confidently saying they HOLD THE TRUTH or they are the ONLY TRUE FOLLOWER of Christ? Isn't that sound so ridiculous.

Bible is inspired = infallible (or do you believe Bible is fallible?)
Watchtower was not inspired = fallible (then how could they be the only one WHO HOLD THE TRUTH?)

2. This negate their claim because I can provide you with more than five instances where they claim to be inspired.

Still shows more about the organization you turn yourself to God to defend for saying they're the only TRUE follower of Christ.

you can ask your atheist friends that question, i'm sure they'll not be able to answer you. Did you see them argue with that? If truly you want to enter God's Kingdom, i'll advice you to thread cautiously and please do not just follow the crowd. Exodus 23:2

Not respond to that doesn't mean they don't know but their argument might not center on that.

I saw the broad day lie and it caught my attention.

But you follow GB yet you said I shouldn't follow the crowd.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
Emusan:

I thought you people said Jesus has come! Which second coming of Jesus Christ are you talking about

You're still lying, no Atheist will ever say Jesus is LORD!

If Jesus should have a group, isn't the same Jesus who supposed to have established that group before He left?

1. If they actually claimed no inspiration, then why are you so confidently saying they HOLD THE TRUTH or they are the ONLY TRUE FOLLOWER of Christ? Isn't that sound so ridiculous.

Bible is inspired = infallible (or do you believe Bible is fallible?)
Watchtower was not inspired = fallible (then how could they be the only one WHO HOLD THE TRUTH?)

2. This negate their claim because I can provide you with more than five instances where they claim to be inspired.

Still shows more about the organization you turn yourself to God to defend for saying they're the only TRUE follower of Christ.

Not respond to that doesn't mean they don't know but their argument might not center on that.

I saw the broad day lie and it caught my attention.

But you follow GB yet you said I shouldn't follow the crowd.
You're welcome my friend, i have done the needed but it's like you just like to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses. Well for your information there is a difference between an ARGUEMENT and a DEBATE, if you're arguing you'll not listen with keen interest to get the motive in the minds of the other person instead you'll just keep imposing your views. But during a debate you listen ATTENTIVELY to the person so that you can win him/her over with virtuous points. Christians are not for arguments but rather we're for healthful debates. God bless you my friend!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Emusan(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
TATIME:
You're welcome my friend, i have done the needed but it's like you just like to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses. Well for your information there is a difference between an ARGUEMENT and a DEBATE, if you're arguing you'll not listen with keen interest to get the motive in the minds of the other person instead you'll just keep imposing your views. But during a debate you listen ATTENTIVELY to the person so that you can win him/her over with virtuous points. Christians are not for arguments but rather we're for healthful debates. God bless you my friend!

Imagine, I just like arguing with JWs when I pointed out some fallacies in your post you called it argument, you're the very person jumping up and down on NL religion section yet you can accused me of the very thing you do most.

Another, you just type this for saving face sake...after your lies have been exposed.

JWs waiting for second coming of Jesus Christ when your organization has already said Jesus has come in 1914...who doesn't listen ATTENTIVELY between you and i now
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
Emusan:

Imagine, I just like arguing with JWs when I pointed out some fallacies in your post you called it argument, you're the very person jumping up and down on NL religion section yet you can accused me of the very thing you do most.

Another, you just type this for saving face sake...after your lies have been exposed.

JWs waiting for second coming of Jesus Christ when your organization has already said Jesus has come in 1914...who doesn't listen ATTENTIVELY between you and i now
"Jesus' second coming" differs from "Jesus' presence", it's during His presence in power that Satan was driven out of heaven and the earth felt that badly. But His second coming is to establish His kingdom here on earth,by chaining Satan and locking him in the abyss! So if you had ask leading questions you would have known what i meant instead of wrongly accusing me when you don't even understand what i had in mind! That's called argument not a healthful debate. I said you just want to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses, but it's like i'm not correct right? Well you have a place where you worship presently and you're damn sure that the worship there is acceptable to God,of course you can't say everyone there is truthfully worshipping from the heart. But your friends are still attending meetings with Jehovah's Witnesses not able to say the worship in the place is acceptable to God,they're in fact even condemning those taking the lead Now i quantified them as atheists and you objected to that, please what are the attributes of atheism? Is it not to condemn divine guidance? So if someone is saying "Jesus is Lord" but not accepting any form of religious standards as principles set by Jesus, how come Jesus is ruling him as Lord? Please my friend atheism has it's goal and it's simply to nullify any form of divine guidance, therefore anybody not upholding any form of standard but saying anyone can practice Christianity in anyway he pleases is an atheist in DISGUISE. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
Atheists aren't saying there is nothing like God or Gods but that no one should pick one as superior to others! The point of emphasis here is zero compliance to instructions. So when everyone agrees that anything can be God, then there won't be any need to ask for a common form of agreement regarding worship! Thus indirectly nullifying what Jesus said regarding oneness in thoughts in order to adhere strictly to what He taught people. John 3:16 says "for God so love the world that HE gave HIS only begotten son so that whoever believes in Him..." Please is it ideal or proper for 100 different individuals to say they all believer in one single person and yet they're doing things as in what He taught differently in a conflicting manner The TRUTH is that Satan is recruiting more enemies against the second coming of Christ and his weapon is Atheism(a global group of individuals having zero tolerance for divine guidance). Tell an atheist "this is my own personal opinion" you'll receive a handshake but tell him "this is what God said" then you'll see the other side of him. Why? Because by mentioning "God" you're directing him to an opinion that's binding on all, Dear Emusan, that's why i called those guys atheists. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
TATIME:
Obviously you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses before so it's a pity that you're involved in this case but i'll advice you perhaps you'll have a As for your question, the GB said "they're not inspired" you can ask your atheist friends that question, i'm sure they'll not be able to answer you. Did you see them argue with that? If truly you want to enter God's Kingdom, i'll advice you to thread cautiously and please do not just follow the crowd. Exodus 23:2

Read below 3 quotes from the watchtower;

“It is vital that we … respond to the directions of the “slave” as we would to the voice of God.” (Watchtower, June 15, 1957, page 371).

“ Christian … does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by ... “the faithful and discreet slave.”” (Watchtower, August 1, 2001, page 14).

“The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction...” (Watchtower feb 2017)

The problem with these double speak is that most Jehovah’s Witness rank and file do believe the 1st and 2nd quotes above but do not believe the 3rd. The reason being that any witness who mentions any error made by the “slave” will be disfellowshipped aka expulsion from the religion. The consequence of expulsion can be unimaginably horrific. Many have committed suicide after being disfellowshipped.

Very culty.

For anyone reading this who may not know, “slave”, “the faithful and discreet slave” and “The governing Body” are names used synonymously for the 9 guys who lead the 8 millions Jehovah’s Witness. They all live in Warwick NY and are mostly Americans.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
mikeolu1:

“It is vital that we … respond to the directions of the “slave” as we would to the voice of God.” (Watchtower, June 15, 1957, page 371).

“ Christian … does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by ... “the faithful and discreet slave.”” (Watchtower, August 1, 2001, page 14).

“The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction...” (Watchtower feb 2017)

The problem with these double speak is that most Jehovah’s Witness rank and file do believe the 1st and 2nd quotes above but do not believe the 3rd. The reason being that any witness who mentions any error made by the “slave” will be disfellowshipped aka expulsion from the religion. The consequence of expulsion can be unimaginably horrific. Many have committed suicide after being disfellowshipped.

Very culty.

For anyone reading this who may not know, “slave”, “the faithful and discreet slave” and “The governing Body” are names used synonymously for the 9 guys who lead the 8 millions Jehovah’s Witness. They all live in Warwick NY and are mostly Americans.
Please mention the name of another BETTER group that's worthy of all these blackmailing,if you've discovered that a religious group is false then you must be able to IDENTIFY a better one. Failure to do this is tantamount to saying "forget about Jesus or Christianity and worship in your house",because true Christians must worship together. Now that you've publicise the name of a false Christian group, please give us a name (a least of a true Christian group) or are you saying there are no more Christians worshipping together again? wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by OneJ: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
mikeolu1:

Very culty.

Judas Iscariot was excluded from the rank & file of Christ followers, & he committed suicide. Luke 6:16. Mat27:3-5.
Therefore, Christ & his followers were culty.
(Judas was a dissenting voice.They feared Judas would take over leadership of the followers.. Lol )
"Many have committed suicide after being disfellowshipped" LIE LIE LIENUS !
U see your life!

Apostasy & anti JW virus done mess U up
finish. Peddler of falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
TATIME:
Please mention the name of another BETTER group that's worthy of all these blackmailing,if you've discovered that a religious group is false then you must be able to IDENTIFY a better one. Failure to do this is tantamount to saying "forget about Jesus or Christianity and worship in your house",because true Christians must worship together. Now that you've publicise the name of a false Christian group, please give us a name (a least of a true Christian group) or are you saying there are no more Christians worshipping together again? wink wink wink

Since you ask, then I’ll tell people to join any religion that accept that survival is a gift (underserved grace) and not due to the work a person does.

I’ll add,
Do not join any group that punishes you when you decide to leave. (The Jehovah’s Witness does)
Do not join any group who punishes you when you ask questions. (The Jehovah’s Witness does)
Do not join any group that tells you to turn against your family as a requisite for joining. (The Jehovah’s Witness does)
Do not join any group who tells you to remain poor when the leader live in 5-star accommodations. (The Jehovah’s Witness leaders do)
Lastly be careful of any group that changes their understanding of the Bible to suite present circumstances.

Other traits of Jehovah’s Witness are;
Hhypocritical = calling other religions false because of involvement in child abuse, when your rank and file are a hotbed of child abusers.
Hhypocritical = discouraging members from attending university when their leaders use the best medical facilities and doctors in NY city.
Hhypocritical = calling the UN evil, while being part of that same organization for decades.

When they show up at your door, ask questions.
Don’t only look at their neat cloths or colorful magazines or their colorful website. Or the purported love they show you when you show up in their halls. That love lasts as long as you want to join. You will see their true color when you ask questions or disagree.

If you want to know more about them, there is the book “Crisis of conscience” written by one of their JW governing body member, Ray Franz.
(ISBN 0999499211. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_of_Conscience.)

Ray Franz is the guy who signed off on their property in Ota Ogun state.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
mikeolu1:

Since you ask, then I’ll tell people to join any religion that accept that survival is a gift (underserved grace) and not due to the work a person does.

I’ll add,
Do not join any group that punishes you when you decide to leave. (The Jehovah’s Witness does)
Do not join any group who punishes you when you ask questions. (The Jehovah’s Witness does)
Do not join any group that tells you to turn against your family as a requisite for joining. (The Jehovah’s Witness does)
Do not join any group who tells you to remain poor when the leader live in 5-star accommodations. (The Jehovah’s Witness leaders do)
Lastly be careful of any group that changes their understanding of the Bible to suite present circumstances.

Other traits of Jehovah’s Witness are;
Hhypocritical = calling other religions false because of involvement in child abuse, when your rank and file are a hotbed of child abusers.
Hhypocritical = discouraging members from attending university when their leaders use the best medical facilities and doctors in NY city.
Hhypocritical = calling the UN evil, while being part of that same organization for decades.

When they show up at your door, ask questions.
Don’t only look at their neat cloths or colorful magazines or their colorful website. Or the purported love they show you when you show up in their halls. That love lasts as long as you want to join. You will see their true color when you ask questions or disagree.

If you want to know more about them, there is the book “Crisis of conscience” written by one of their JW governing body member, Ray Franz.
(ISBN 0999499211). YOU can find a copy on amazon.com. Ray Franz is the guy who signed off on their property in Ota Ogun state.
So are you now the Christ so that you're just imposing your personal opinion on another intelligent creature like yourself without a single reference from God's word that's supposed to be used in SETTING MATTERS STRAIGHT? 2Timothy 3:16,17 Well thank you for your opinion but sorry my friend Satan's designed missiles is not entering "ODESHI" (Isaiah 54:17) Since you've failed to point to a single reference from the scriptures which is the TRUTH. John 17:17 Moreover you never mentioned the name of a Church and since you're just against one single religious group without references from the scriptures. Act 17:11 Certainly unknowingly to you yourself,you're indirectly working for the devil! wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2018
mikeolu1:

Lastly be careful of any group that changes their understanding of the Bible to suite present
(1)"Do not join any group that punishes you when you decide to leave" Please what is the significance of Jesus' statement here Matthew 19:21-24 because this young man noticed something in Jesus (just as a new convert noticed it in JWs) before approaching Jesus but after fully grasping "the prerequisites" he left Jesus.
(2)"Do not join any group that punishes you when you ask questions" If you're sincere,your brains supposed to tell you that before an individual join JWs as a member, he must have asked all thought provoking questions from his heart during Bible's studies with JWs,knowing fully well that this group TOTALLY differs from all others. So after saying "i do" or "Yes" to become a member such a person is not worthy of been a close associate if he now start asking questions again about all that he had agreed upon. That's why Peter asked Jesus "to whom shall we go" because Jesus has answered all the questions they had in mind so if He is now introducing something new, patience is required on the part of a honesthearted person!
(3) "Do not join any group that tells you to turn against your family as a requisite for joining" This brings out the true picture of Satan in you! Please read Matthew 10:29-37 and tell us what the man from Nazareth had in mind.
(4) "Do not join group that tells you to remain poor when the leaders live in 5star hotel" Please which religion is the leader living on the streets so that members should know that he/she is not rich? At John 12:3-8 Judas Iscariot is the person who had the same thinking like you but he's a traitor!
(5) "Be careful of any group that changes their understanding of the Bible to suite present circumstances" Satanic as you're please explain why Jesus always change certain settings Matthew 5:21-48 compared to Luke 9:2,3 & 22:35-38
We're Jehovah's Witnesses (the ONLY Christian group on earth today) So don't think we're not inquisitive before strictly adhering to the instructions from our GB.Act 17:11 Jesus revealed to John that the 144,000 anointed corulers (which the GB of JWs are representing) are following Christ no matter where He goes. Revelations 14:4 We the great crowd have WASHED our robes in the blood of the lamb :meaning we keep making NECESSARY amendments in order to meet up with what the 144,000 are saying as representatives of Jesus. Revelations 7:9,10,14 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
Emusan my friend, this is my post to you distinguishing between an ARGUEMENT and a DEBATE. Notice how i've replied all your opinions with Bible references! That's why it's very difficult for you to admit that you're not even a Christian in the first place, because Jesus always rely on the scriptures before giving instructions to His followers, His followers in turn relied on His instructions to identify those who are disposed for everlasting life,because they "sanctify Jesus as Lord in their hearts" (1Peter 3:15) they always trust His judgement. But from your own reasoning you've been agitating against Jehovah's Witnesses and by the end of the day all your agitations are motivated by mere human reasonings NOT God's thoughts. Isaiah 55:8,9 compared to Proverbs 3:5,6
That's why i said you just want to ARGUE with Jehovah's Witnesses,you're not competent enough for a Bible DEBATE!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
"Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz

In this book, this fellow- a member of the “slave”, “the faithful and discreet slave” and “The governing Body” of Jehovah's witnesses delivers a rare glimpse into the inner workings of the Watchtower Society. As i wrote in an earlier post, he was the guy who the GB sent to "sign off" on the purchase of WT property in Assembly Bus Stop , Sango Ota, Ogun State.

https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Conscience-struggle-between-religion/dp/0999499211/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0/141-4449972-5253024?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HTG5H20YPZ55VXJCB3QQ

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
Emusan my friend, this is my post to you distinguishing between an ARGUEMENT and a DEBATE. Notice how i've replied all your opinions with Bible references! That's why it's very difficult for you to admit that you're not even a Christian in the first place, because Jesus always rely on the scriptures before giving instructions to His followers, His followers in turn relied on His instructions to identify those who are disposed for everlasting life,because they "sanctify Jesus as Lord in their hearts" (1Peter 3:15) they always trust His judgement. But from your own reasoning you've been agitating against Jehovah's Witnesses and by the end of the day all your agitations are motivated by mere human reasonings NOT God's thoughts. Isaiah 55:8,9 compared to Proverbs 3:5,6
That's why i said you just want to ARGUE with Jehovah's Witnesses,you're not competent enough for a Bible DEBATE!

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
Just name a Church for someone who wants to associate with true Christians has led to publishing a textbook. I know Jesus never mentioned a church He only warned honesthearted persons of blind guides and you have discovered that the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses is one of those blind guides. So just name another Church at least that a sincere interested person can join for worship. Simple as ABC wink wink wink

TATIME: and you have discovered that the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses is one of those blind

Achorladey: Since you believe we have discovered that, go on and discover more on your own. It is then we will believe you're not following blind guides. Obviously you are not meant to follow me. I have repeatedly directed you to what all the great cloud of witnesses both in the Hebrew and Greek testament were looking towards the CHIEF AGENT and PERFECTER of our FAITH, JESUS. Hebrews 12:1,2..........Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of WITNESSES, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

But all of these will be difficult for you to understand for you because........consider the following

So we do well to ask ourselves, ‘Where am I LOOKING for HELP and DIRECTION?’ Our immediate answer may be, “To JEHOVAH,” and that is the BEST response...........Watchtower July 2018 study edition.

Hebrews 12:1,2....... So, then, because we have such a great cloud of WITNESSES surrounding us, let us also throw off every weight and the sin that easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, as we LOOK INTENTLY at the CHIEF Agent and PERFECTER of our FAITH, JESUS. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.......NWT.

Here is another..........

We Belong to Jehovah.........Watchtower July 2018

So let no one BOAST in MEN; for all THINGS BELONG to YOU,
whether Paul or A·polʹlos or Ceʹphas or the world or life or death or things now here or things to come(including Jehovah's Organization as claimed by GB), all things BELONG to YOU; in turn you BELONG to CHRIST; Christ, in turn, BELONGS to GOD.

Another one.....

The Bible promises: “Jehovah will not forsake his people.” (Ps. 94:14) This ironclad guarantee is binding despite any calamity that might befall us. Even death cannot stand in the way of Jehovah’s love for us. ( Rom. 8:38, 39 ) “If we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah.” Romans 14:8.........Watchtower July 2018

Na Jehovah die for us OGA TATIME? Can Jehovah die? In GB quest to undermine the role and importance of JESUS in Christian life they place JEHOVAH in Romans 14:8.

Please read along Romans 14:8,9....... For if we live, we live to JEHOVAH, and if we die, we die to JEHOVAH. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah. For to this end CHRIST died and came to life again, so that he might be LORD over both the dead and the living.

Compare.......2 Corinthians 5: 14,15........For the love the Christ has compels us, because this is what we have concluded, that one man died for all; so, then, all had died. And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves,
but for him who died for them and was raised up.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
Just mentioned another Church simple. wink wink wink

Now that you mention "CHURCH" Pease do a research on the word "CHURCH". If you understand, then you will find what you seek. If you have difficulties, then I will help you get the full gist. let's do this!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
achorladey:

Now that you mention "CHURCH" Pease do a research on the word "CHURCH". If you understand, then you will find what you seek. If you have difficulties, then I will help you get the full gist. let's do this!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by mikeolu1: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
The most significant sign that you are in a CULT is... When your religious leaders tell you they are the only one that have the facts.

Jehovah's witnesses are always in the news these days (just like the Catholics are), like ostrich who hides his head in the sand, the JW tell the followers not to believe any information in the news. The only source of true information- they claim, is the one they put out there.

They tell the rank and file that JW growth is phenomenal, the truth however is that kingdom hall attendance in North America are shrinking day after day

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
“Foolish is the man who never reads a newspaper; even more foolish is the man who believes what he reads just because it is in the newspaper.”​—August von Schlözer, German historian and publicist (1735-1809).

Foolish is the MAN who never reads a NEWSPAPER/MAGAZINE; even more FOOLISH is the man who believes what he reads just because it is in the NEWSPAPER/MAGAZINE and it is published by HIGHLY REGARDED MEN.

Test every INSPIRED expression is key.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by uzuede4(f): 3:45am On Oct 09, 2018
rottennaija:

The thread is about child sexual abuse. That is my concern. Besides, are elders or ministerial servant not deleted because they send their children to higher institutions? Personally, I know of many in my area. My dad escaped being deleted as an elder and coordinator body of elders (after much scrutiny by local elders and the circuit oversear) because he knew how to respond to their questions.

If you are not aware of it, many Jws are and wouldn't argue over it. They are basically told they are not setting good examples by sending their children to higher education or by going themselves.

When I attended the kingdom ministry school(don't know how it is called this days) some years, there was some interview that had to be made from a father who has not sent his children to higher education and the circuit overseer (CO) practically said in the platform that they have no candidates for the interview as all elders and Ms present were either in school or had their children go to school, thereby no setting good example.

My mum often says when they were young, the organization was aways against secondary school education.

So which one is a lie then? It is true that many Jws are in university, but is not also true that the organization discourages against it?
You sure are an apostate. I am a Jehovah's Witness, and i attended tertiary institution without anyone giving me problems about it. Currently, there are so many witness children in tertiary instututes.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by rottennaija(m): 5:10am On Oct 09, 2018
uzuede4:
You sure are an apostate. I am a Jehovah's Witness, and i attended tertiary institution without anyone giving me problems about it. Currently, there are so many witness children in tertiary instututes.

Yes! That may be true of your case. I also attended, five years program studying engineering, no one gave me a problem, all my brothers attended. But they sure gave my dad (an elder and Coordinator Boe). I also know of others elders who lost their eldership because of sending their children to school. If you have not experienced it, others have.

Did you know about the Logical Fallacy called Ad Hominen ?
Ad Hominem attack is an attack, or an insult, on the person, rather than directly addressing the person's reasons. For example, A fan argued that Coach did not have a winning season because he was stupid.

And Awake! magazine in an article on propaganda said:

Tyranny of authority, ridicule, name-calling, smears, slurs, personal digs—all such tactics are marshalled to assail your mind and take it by storm. . . they resort to making assertions and they scoff at all who dare dispute them . . . . They prove neither their assertions nor their smears, but by the tyranny of authority they pontificate their opinions, squelch objections and intimidate opposers. - (g78 8/22 p. 3 Do Others Do Your Thinking?)

Ad Hominen attack is a method that is often used by the organization in dealing with any who question the organization or its methods (same method approach).

Since many of those who find they cannot conscientiously support all of the organization’s teachings have been exemplary persons, often longtime members and very active in congregational service, some reason must be supplied to Witnesses who have known them and their conduct so as to justify the harsh step of excommunication.

This is accomplished by what amounts to a vilifying of them and their motives, denouncing them as “apostates,” simply because they feel compelled to give greater respect to God’s Word than to that of an organization. The motive of such ones is always presented as selfish, presumptuous, egocentric, born of a rebellious spirit, disrespectful and unappreciative of God and Christ. It would be difficult to imagine a clearer exercise of the tyranny of authority than that exemplified in the following quotations. And they represent but a fraction of the whole.

Please see a real life example of how this is done in watchtower publications in the picture below. In a discussion of sectarianism, the 1988 publication Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!, pages 44, 45, says:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by rottennaija(m): 5:32am On Oct 09, 2018
uzuede4:
Continuation:

The material addresses none of the evidence, but focuses its entire effort in making ad hominen attacks. Any who disagree with the organizational leadership are “proud apostates.” Their disagreement with certain Watch Tower interpretations and policy is labeled a ‘criticism of the way Jehovah is having his work done,’ when actually the issue is whether there is proof that it is Jehovah who is causing the organization to act as it does in a number of areas.

The writer either falsifies or is ignorant of the true position of those he attacks. He represents them as ‘disputing Bible truth that we are in the last days.’ None of the persons I know who have withdrawn from the Watch Tower organization denies our being in the last days. What they do not believe is that 1914 marked the start of the last days. Thus the writer resorts to the use of half-truths. The writer never documents by evidence any of his allegations but simply asserts them, never quotes from the opposing side, leaves his readers totally in the dark as to what their real reasons are for their positions.

Any conscientious concern for truth is discounted as nonexistent, their motives are arbitrarily impugned and they are depicted as persons who appeal to a “self-sparing spirit,” who prefer to “split off and take it easy,” who “concoct their own ideas about the Memorial of Jesus’ death” and other subjects, who “downgrade Jehovah’s name,” and who very soon “fall right back into the permissive way of Babylon the Great,” or “even worse, some are moved by Satan to turn upon and ‘beat their fellow slaves,’ their onetime brothers.”

Thus the exhortation is given:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2018
uzuede4:
I've learnt so much from the last Watchtower study article of Oct 1-7. We just need to go on with the work of the Lord and leave Apostates doing what they knows best. They know what they're doing and they shall surely get their reward if they don't relent. I'm sure they'll come out publicly and from house to house too in delivering their messages. wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by rottennaija(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
TATIME:
I've learnt so much from the last Watchtower study article of Oct 1-7. We just need to go on with the work of the Lord and leave Apostates doing what they knows best. They know what they're doing and they shall surely get their reward if they don't relent. I'm sure they'll come out publicly and from house to house too in delivering their messages. wink wink wink

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven -
Matthew 5:20
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
rottennaija:

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven -
Yes Sir! wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by achorladey: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
rottennaija:

TEACHERS OF LAW gets my attention. Laws like this below.......

If a man and a woman who are not married to each other spend the night together without valid reasons, is this evidence that they have sinned and that a judicial committee should be formed? YES......watchtower July 2018 Our reader ask.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion by rottennaija(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
achorladey:

TEACHERS OF LAW gets my attention. Laws like this below.......

If a man and a woman who are not married to each other spend the night together without valid reasons, is this evidence that they have sinned and that a judicial committee should be formed? YES......watchtower July 2018 Our reader ask.

Can I get a link to the article?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? / Ogun Vs Orunmila / Prayer Points For The Rescue Of Nigeria - Dr Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.