Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Things People Do In The Name Of Love! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things People Do In The Name Of Love! (14260 Views)

Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / 19 Things People Do When They Are Bored And Alone. / Annoying Things People Do On BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ITgurlie(f): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2010
Being in love is a beautiful and wonderful feeling kiss

A lot of people go the extra mile to do anything for the one they love all in the name of love kiss

A lady who got married to a Nigerian who lives overseas (N.B: the naija guy was already married to a white woman just for the benefits and not love sad ) recently played the role of a house help for her husband when his white wife insisted on following the naija guy home. I was shocked when I heard this and I was wondering how far some people are willing to go in the name of Love

Imagine her serving her husband and the white wife and she sees them romancing.

There are certain things I as a person will never do in the name of love, what do you all think

1 Like

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by sholleex(f): 1:01am On Jun 13, 2010
lool
buh i av evn knw of a worse case
dis 1 was a nija woman who stuck to ha husband in d name of love up to d extnt of livin under the same roof wif his gfriends.she sometimes will cook them to eat sef,
dunno aw ha story ended buh dat kin love stinks sha
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ITgurlie(f): 1:07am On Jun 13, 2010
sholleex:

lool
buh i av evn knw of a worse case
dis 1 was a nija woman who stuck to ha husband in d name of love up to d extnt of livin under the same roof wif his gfriends.she sometimes will cook them to eat sef,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Some people are beginning to mix slavery and love up undecided undecided , they usually claim they do these things because they're in love but I think they're LOST lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by sholleex(f): 1:12am On Jun 13, 2010
ITgurlie:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Some people are beginning to mix slavery and love up undecided undecided , they usually claim they do these things because they're in love but I think they're LOST lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

buh atleast slaves knw dey r slaves nd den accept deir fate aii, but not dis ones,
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Osama10(m): 1:23am On Jun 13, 2010
She's not being forced against her will.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ITgurlie(f): 1:51am On Jun 13, 2010
Osama10:

She's not being forced against her will.

she had no other choice but to do it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by dayleke: 2:06am On Jun 13, 2010
Does the end justify the means?that's what you should be asking these pple who practise the above examples,
I know of a guy who resides in oyibo land(mind you,already married to a naija girl in naija),brought the white woman to naija because the stay requirements demand it, with the naija wife staying away and playing the role of a relative,
The "away" couple went back,separated,naija guy had a baby with another white girl after 2 kids in naija(with naija wife),
To cut a long story short,naija wife+2 kids are with naija guy now in oyibo land as a happy family, ,life goes on.
Now u go and ask naija wife how she feels, ,the crazy things people do for love sha. shocked
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Osama10(m): 2:21am On Jun 13, 2010
ITgurlie:

she had no other choice but to do it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Who told you that?

She had the option to leave the house and get a life for herself.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by dayleke: 2:30am On Jun 13, 2010
Osama,look at the example i just gave,
don't you think if we go and ask the naija wife now what she was thinking then,won't she say everything's for the best?
At least she is now a resident over "there".
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Osama10(m): 2:33am On Jun 13, 2010
dayleke:

Osama,look at the example i just gave,
don't you think if we go and ask the naija wife now what she was thinking then,won't she say everything's for the best?
At least she is now a resident over "there".

Oh so its about being a resident, ok ooo.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by dayleke: 2:35am On Jun 13, 2010
@Osama10,
maybe ITgurlie is right,she might not have had any other choice.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Osama10(m): 2:38am On Jun 13, 2010
Let her keep on serving him for life.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by hbabe(f): 3:02am On Jun 13, 2010
This love thing can make people do stupid things if taken to the extreme. However the Naija wife in in the case stated was not doing all that for love but for survival; that was her own sacrifice to get residence permit.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by dayleke: 3:31am On Jun 13, 2010
@hbabe,
it's something else to imagine ur mate being with somebody else but for it to be done practically before your eyes and also to see the product of the affair,that is taking it too far or what do you think?
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by hbabe(f): 3:51am On Jun 13, 2010
I agree it's stretching it too far but people do all kinds of things to get papers. I actually met a young handsome Naija guy in his early twenties who is married to a white lady of over 50 years. The lady was fat, not so easy on the eyes and had thinning blonde hair. When he introduced her as his wife I was taken aback but realised he was in it for a purpose.
For the couple with target, having their husband hanging around another lady is fine as long as target is met. But really the wife could have done better by disappearing for the duration of husband and 'iyawo's visit. Everybody with their strategy!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 13, 2010
ITgurlie:

Being in love is a beautiful and wonderful feeling kiss kiss cheesy cheesy cheesy A lot of people go the extra mile to do anything for the one they love all in the name of love kiss kiss

A lady who got married to a Nigerian who lives overseas (N.B: the naija guy was already married to a white woman just for the benefits and not love sad sad) recently played the role of a house help for her husband when his white wife insisted on following the naija guy home. I was shocked shocked when I heard this and I was wondering how far some people are willing to go in the name of Love

Imagine her serving her husband and the white wife and she sees them romancing tongue tongue tongue

There are certain things I as a person will never do in the name of love, what do you all think

You think she's doing it for love or for her husband?

Dont underestimate Nigerian women, we're not stu/pid.

She's working with him, waiting for him divorce his white wife, get green card, then send home for his wife.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Osama10(m): 4:08am On Jun 13, 2010
Serious things happening here.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by IkeLike: 7:09am On Jun 13, 2010
Being in love is the worst thing to happen to men in modern society filled wtih gold-digging women.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Kaydem(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2010
They don't do it by virtue of love but because of money.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2010
Love ke, In this Lagos ? Nigerian girls dont love, they lust after your income. Be careful, women are gold diggers, all of them
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by madlady(f): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2010
sholleex:

lool
buh i av evn knw of a worse case[/b]dis 1 was a nija woman who stuck to ha husband in d name of love up to d extnt of livin under the same roof wif his gfriends.she sometimes will cook them to eat sef,

I know of a much worse jamo story, it had a very [b]deadly
ending. sad
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by IyaBasira: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2010
hbabe:

I agree it's stretching it too far but people do all kinds of things to get papers. I actually met a young handsome Naija guy in his early twenties who is married to a white lady of over 50 years. The lady was fat, not so easy on the eyes and had thinning blonde hair. When he introduced her as his wife I was taken aback but realised he was in it for a purpose.
For the couple with target, having their husband hanging around another lady is fine as long as target is met. But really the wife could have done better by disappearing for the duration of husband and 'iyawo's visit. Everybody with their strategy!

Is it?
So we are actually okay with letting our husbands deceive white women , sleep with them, and them leave them hanging after getting what they want ?

I know this comment may not be supported by anyone on this forum but I really don't care. For reasons like this a man will cheat on you later with another NIGERIAN woman and then you will have to bite your tongue because you supported it in the first place when he did it with a white woman.
And is anyone considering the impact this has on the lives of these women/ girls? Is this really fair on them considering that they are using their money, their bodies and potentially damaging their hearts?

I'm sorry, but for stuff like that, I really don't care what what the reasons are. How can I watch you do that to someone else? And with her probably thinking that I am the housemaid, only to later find out that I'm his wife! These women sometimes come to Nairaland and wail about some Nigerian man who they love and who is acting funny once the papers came through.

I've noticed something about men and women. Men seem to understand the saying " United We Stand " better than women do. With guys there's this sense of solidarity cos they always support each other. But women just don't seem to get it. We do a lot of terrible things to each other in the name of LOVE and it's like someone sowed a seed of discord between us from day one.

7 Likes

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2010
She's not silly, she's being startegic in her actions!  wink  cheesy

And trust me, she doesn't love him . . . if she did, she would NEVER do that! undecided
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
the wife should try and understand that, it's for the good and betterness of both of them and their future children.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by cantell(m): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ujujoan:

She's not silly, she's being startegic in her actions!  wink  cheesy

And trust me, she doesn't love him . . . if she did, she would NEVER do that! undecided
Strategic ko, strategic ni.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Travelista(f): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2010
Please, I'd be wary of any 'wife' that would put up with such BS; that's not love in the least, but a chick with an ultimate goal. If she plays the obedient wife/mumu until hubby gets his papers, she'll have a shot at going abroad. Once she's in Oyiboland, watch how quickly the script will flip and the mouse of a wife becomes a roaring lion. It's sad what people will put themselves through just to leave Naija.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by MissyB1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2010
ITgurlie:

Being in love is a beautiful and wonderful feeling kiss kiss cheesy cheesy cheesy A lot of people go the extra mile to do anything for the one they love all in the name of love kiss kiss

A lady who got married to a Nigerian who lives overseas (N.B: the naija guy was already married to a white woman just for the benefits and not love sad sad) recently played the role of a house help for her husband when his white wife insisted on following the naija guy home. I was shocked shocked when I heard this and I was wondering how far some people are willing to go in the name of Love

Imagine her serving her husband and the white wife and she sees them romancing tongue tongue tongue

That is pure stupidity, abnormality, arrant rubbish . . . .
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
cantell:

Strategic ko, strategic ni.

Never underestimate ANY woman. She might appear stupid, but trust me, no woman is . . .

I bet she has someone on the side 'sexing' her too . . cheesy While she plays the perfect wife for her doofus of a hubby!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Acidosis(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bosahchude:

إنها العاشرة. إنها السابعة و النصف مساءاإنها العاشرة. إنها السابعة و النصف مساءاإنها العاشرة. إنها السابعة و النصف مساءا
could you pls interpret this interesting rubbish.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2010
Bosahchude:

إنها العاشرة. إنها السابعة و النصف مساءاإنها العاشرة. إنها السابعة و النصف مساءاإنها العاشرة. إنها السابعة و النصف مساءا
could you pls interpret this interesting rubbish.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Donvilo(m): 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2010
Some many creepy stuffs like  that happening. sad Some do it in the name of love, others do it in the name of SOMETHING ELSE known to them. shocked Some are not even aware of where they are or what they are doing! shocked sad
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by kenerep: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
Like they say he who wears the shoes knows where it hurts, look at it this way, the naija woman already has children for naija guy, guy sweet talk woman tells her what she has to do to better her lot and that of the children and like we all know most nigerian women owe their allegiance to their kids, naija woman decides to live with this shit all for the sake of the kids, pls if you don't have a kid you might never know what you would do to give them a better life which if we would not deny is not readily available in our country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"You Are Beautiful": A Man Compliments A Female Soldier And This Happened / Help My Boyfriend Doesn't Last Long On Bed / Is It A Crime Not To Have A Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.