Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Things People Do In The Name Of Love! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things People Do In The Name Of Love! (14265 Views)

Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / 19 Things People Do When They Are Bored And Alone. / Annoying Things People Do On BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by akiiii: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2010
Sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesn't, but i see it as stupidity and slavery.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Exponental(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
how do u define LOVE??

i know love is sweet, but to me "it is an expression of stupidity"[/b]if u truely love som1, u would do some certain things u wouldnt do on a good day to any other person.
this is somthing many of us know. [b]pray u dont find ur self being a victim of love
. I wont blame any one of them but all i will say is d world today is full of desperate pple, so be love conscious and be at alert.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ITgurlie(f): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
Exponental:

how do u define LOVE??

i know love is sweet, but to me [b]"it is an expression of stupidity"[/b]if u truely love som1, u would do some certain things u wouldnt do on a good day to any other person.

Love is not an expression of stupidity, it doesn't consist in gazing at each other, but looking together in the same direction cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Love is deeper than what most people think, you don't just fall in love, you grow in love (together) kiss cheesy
Love means different things to different people undecided undecided undecided but today people mix love and lust up undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by harakiri(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2010
Aryan Rand said and i quote :

"The moment people claim to love each other, they become liars. . ."

End of!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2010
That's no friggin love! That's woman's inhumanity to woman!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 9:05am On Jun 16, 2010
Amebo topic.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Cenor(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2010
its a choice,at least, its a choice to choose to bow out or remain in the marriage,but she choose to play the house maid&Nanny together.
She might as well pack the used tissue for them after sex with the Whytie,so jst like i said its a choice,a foolish one.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 11:16am On Jun 16, 2010
Everybody with their own wahala jare. who cares? undecided
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by PupetMasta(m): 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2010
I think people that do these kinds of deceits are just trying to eat their cake and have it. Getting a passport or dependency visa is more organize now, u don't need all those deceit anymore at least I know that of the UK. All you need is money. I have living testimonies. In the UK, there are girls (citizens) that will marry u (not even Caucasians), all u need is to pay them although it can go as high as 10000 pounds and she could blackmail u doing the waiting period. They don't need to live with you neither do you need to sleep with them or perform husband duties. They just forward their bills and mails to your house and voila after some years u get what u want and you divorce while she make some money for herself. Things don't need to be complicated
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^^I'll be the last fool to do that. i see that as penny wise pounds foolish!

It's better i look for a gurl of my choice, marry her and stil get my papers than wasting hell of money. Omo e beta make i remain for naija dan to fool mysef 4 dat rubbish. . . That's disgusting! undecided
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ITgurlie(f): 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2010
Ranoscky:

It's better i look for a gurl of my choice, marry her and stil get my papers than wasting hell of money. Omo e beta make i remain for naija dan to fool mysef 4 dat rubbish. . . That's disgusting! undecided

It's better to remain in naija my broda smiley smiley With God and hard work, one will make it smiley smiley Than face the deceit of marriage to a whitey undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by PupetMasta(m): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
@ITgurlie and Ranosky

It depends on your priority. Some people believe there is no hope for them in Nigeria, they will do anything to get out, A deceitful marriage is a small price for them to pay.

Although I will not do it but I still believe it is business, you use what u have to get what u want
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^ if that should be the case, there'r so many advanced unmarried women in europe searching for husband and they'r even richer and lack nothing, it's better i marry such woman and stil get my papers geniunely dan buying a marraige with a hell of money all for the sake of document, that's bull sh!!t u know?  undecided. . .it's senseless!

1 Like

Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by kobikwelu(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2010

You think she's doing it for love or for her husband?

Dont underestimate Nigerian women, we're not stu/pid.

She's working with him, waiting for him divorce his white wife, get green card, then send home for his wife.

you got a point u know,
mayb her and her husband has a plan,
am just saying
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Enockia(m): 1:25am On Jun 17, 2010
they say love is blind that means if 2 pipo love each other they both er blind nd hence ma question
can the blind lead te blind?
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2010
Rano walks in. . . . .somehow bored topic . . . . Rano walks out singing young jeezy - my president is black!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by nigboy(m): 4:52am On Jun 18, 2010
She may not be in love but just desperate to get married
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by ITgurlie(f): 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2010
PupetMasta:

Although I will not do it but I still believe it is business, you use what u have to get what u want

At the risk of getting infected with one disease or the other sad Since married people don't use CD to make out undecided

One doesn't need to endanger one's life in the name of papers sad sad, I believe one can still make it here in naija no matter how bad it is, some people still buy brand new cars All one needs is PATIENT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Ranoscky(m): 6:12am On Jun 19, 2010
make una free whosoever feels like playing such role for her husband OO, no be how far na how well. Na love!

Afterall 90% of pipu wey dey travel abroad for greener pasture na dia fastest wey to get dia papers be dat.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by hildaa(f): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
that is uncalled for
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by maingwaest(f): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
I pity dt woman.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by otodeluxe(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
Itgurlie, babe its only beautiful when you are with the right person.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Everything about Nigeria just seems to be sick & negative, seriously this country needs an immediate healing & deliverance, but when? The lady wasn't doing it for love but for money & survival like someone mentioned...love can never get to that extent of stupidity! What Nigerians do for money is obviously unscrupulous!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by queensmith: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
Lol- reminds me of that movie with funke akindele. I don't think its normal to go to such extent, its just that drama tends to draw our attention.
There are normal couples living normal and happy lives not having to sell themselves short, cook clean or deal with nonsense in the name of love. You just have to set what you want in your life and go for someone that can offer it.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by richling77(m): 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
20th Century love slavery for thε benefits to get in return. No love activities should entertain this. Can thε man allow his wife marry a white man and bring him into thε house and do same. I think we slap our women right in thε face in this part of thε world.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by queensmith: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
IyaBasira:

I'm sorry, but for stuff like that, I really don't care what what the reasons are. How can I watch you do that to someone else? And with her probably thinking that I am the housemaid, only to later find out that I'm his wife! These women sometimes come to Nairaland and wail about some Nigerian man who they love and who is acting funny once the papers came through.

I've noticed something about men and women. Men seem to understand the saying " United We Stand " better than women do. With guys there's this sense of solidarity cos they always support each other. But women just don't seem to get it. We do a lot of terrible things to each other in the name of LOVE and it's like someone sowed a seed of discord between us from day one.

It's not a men and women thing this is sort of exclusive to black culture. It's not acceptable in (relatively) civil environments. Treating people badly isn't entertained or encouraged. But in Nigeria pulling scams, using people, lies, deceit infidelity pedophiles the likes are all embraced and encouraged. Misogynism included. It's seriously tiring,
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by laykhorn(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
sholleex: lool
buh i av evn knw of a worse case
dis 1 was a nija woman who stuck to ha husband in d name of love up to d extnt of livin under the same roof wif his gfriends.she sometimes will cook them to eat sef,
dunno aw ha story ended buh dat kin love stinks sha
Watched somethin like this on african majic on sunday.. They both planned to drain the gurl but the guy fell in love. Intrestin story.
@OP, A lot of people are willing to go the extramile like handling-over your lifetime achievement or even inherited properties to their partner(mostly ladies) but as a guy, i dont see myself doing anything that funny.
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Sike(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mtchew!
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2012
I walked on water, stayed in the rain for hours, and didn't sleep for two days in the name of love... sad

But guess what? - I was in love with money.. Money is my first and only love, and I love money to death.. cry

My love for money will never die! grin
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by queensmith: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
shymmex: I walked on water, stayed in the rain for hours, and didn't sleep for two days in the name of love... sad

But guess what? - I was in love with money.. Money is my first and only love, and I love money to death.. cry

My love for money will never die! grin

100% cosign with this. How can people not see the sexiness in money?? How can they not??
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by OILOFGLADNESS: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
she may not be doing it cos she love the guy

it may be cos she has no option,she just made up her mind to join them since she can beat them
Re: Things People Do In The Name Of Love! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
queensmith:

100% cosign with this. How can people not see the sexiness in money?? How can they not??

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Queensmith agrees with me for the first time ever!! shocked shocked

This calls for celebration!! grin grin

Finna do thanksgiving in Church this Sunday. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clear Signs That She Is Crazy About You / Lady Went To Swim, Share Cleavages After Coming Back From Church. PHOTOS / Is It A Crime Not To Have A Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.