Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story (82070 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Chikicaka(f): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2018
grin Lol, never knew Nl has become a magistrate court! 75% of ppl here are not married, in a bad marriage or not even in a serious relationship at all, i wonder why on earth two grown adults would need validation of their actions from us. soon LIB would carry it, oversabi Nigerians would fish out your real details and you guys would be one minute celebs.

PS- The both parties basically said the same thing, just twisted a little words to favour one another, Oga n Madam get together, spill out your inner heart, apologize, cry, hug, kiss then have mind blowing s*x, God bless your marriage, hopefully after all this you still have one

3 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by jaxxy(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2018
ExtraExtra:
Women are the backbone of the family, they make or mar the home, since they help bring life to the world suffice it to say they sum up what we call family, 99% of successful, longlasting home or family is the ability of the woman to hold the "forte".

My attention was drawn to this forum and this topic https://www.nairaland.com/4617351/husbands-pride-wants-ruin-home#69371294 and it is sad that most people drew conclusion on a one sided story though i wouldnt blame those involved because they judged based on what was said and the individual involved needed public validation for her wrong doing, a public display i dont approve of but since external persons and relations are already involved i'd like to clear some details.

"Dee" comes from a very well to do family while i dont so when we got married, i made her feel we are in this together, not one above the other but as partners in EVERYTHING. To be fair to her she brought up the business idea we did years ago, in other to put forth money to start up, i made sure i had equal money as her for it, goal was to own a property, build et al. Unfortunately my dad's ailing health deteriorated to the extent that he had to be flown out, when the profit came, i told her and she agreed, she decided we split it into two so she use hers for the initial plan. As the first born i went with my dad, back here she got the property and started building, when i came back the remaining money with me was used to complete it, what was left was used for my parents house. Being a trust worthy person i feel she is, i didnt bother to check documents cos i felt she would do the right thing by putting both our names which she kept in a bank.

Now, i work and own other businesses so i'm always in contact with alot of people from both genders so to her she feels i may have lost guard by cheating which is not true: i dont have password on my phones, i always make and receive calls right in front of her but she still think i'm hiding something and that was the genesis of the problem weeks ago, i rebuked her to cut it out immediately but she was out for blood, she insulted me like never before, when i didnt give her face, she extended her TOXIC words to my parents, my family, my background and my personality, that was when i lost it, if not for my cousin that was there i would have hit her, out of anger i told her to get the hell out of the house which of course i didnt mean, then she shocked me saying the house is ONLY in her name, i was numb and speechless, in other for me not to react in a brutal way i left the house, told her i would never step there again if she doesnt change it to my name ONLY. My cousin who was there when it happened told my people, they called me so i had to explain things, right now her family knows what happened and none is supporting her.

YES i said she should put my name only cos she belittled and betrayed me which tells me if it was in both our names she will raise shoulder and feel above me.YES i requested for transfer and i will go through with it, i cannot be away from my kids and still be in the same state, it doesnt make, when it is sucessful, i will get a place conducive amd comfortable for my kids, they will be with me. I told her recently not to bother with the name change anymore, she can have the house all to herself for all i care.

I wont divorce her because i dont believe in that, once i move with the kids she can come along if she wants but right now we are seperated. I wanted a partner, she displayed stupidity not smartness, what the future holds i dont know, she made her bed she should lay on it.

Immediately I read ur wife's story and she said my husband ask me to leave his house and in same breath said he is a good man. I knew there was more she wasn't saying and my advice was that she put it in both ur names bt looking at both sides of the story ur wife has been very disrespectful and no sensible man (loving husband or not) will take that.

The issue is no longer about the house name or not bt ur wifes love and respect and probably trust. No man will stay in a house with a lady where it gives her more right to disrespect him. If ur wife was respectful enough u wudnt even get to this point because u wudnt care whos name was on the house since u trusted her to handle everything.

Also I think ur wife support for u during ur family issue with ur dad was lacking cos if it was reverse I'm sure u wud be there for her if it were her parents. She need to change her mindset and deal with her trust issues also. Cheers

Ps: Alittle bit of submission at this point will help ur wife.

4 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by cosade(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2018
Processor01:
1. Your wife brought the business idea - check
2. You both executed the business - check
3. You split the money equally - error
4. Unfortunately, your dad was ill and you used your own portion - check
5. You used the remaining portion to build a house for your parents - check
6. Your wife decided to use hers to build a house for the family - check
7. You supported the project and even contributed the little portion that was left of your money - check
8. Your wife puts the property in her name alone - error
9. You both get into an argument or as you said, she was verbally abusive on a particular day - error
10. Rather than pick your keys and step out or go cool off, you ask her to "get out of your house" - error
11. In her anger, she let's you know it's in her name - error
12. You get upset and move out of the house, abandoning her and your kids - error
13. To ease the tension, she offers to correct her error by putting both your names but you insist it must be your name alone - error
14. You initiate a transfer at your office to another state, without any second thoughts for your kids, at least - error
15. You are willing to let this relationship burn if she doesn't bow down and worship you - error

Oga, YOU ARE A WICKED MAN!!!

You start your write up with that nonsense to put the burden of keeping the marriage on the woman.
No Sir! You are the man, the head and the captain of that ship! If it goes down because of what you have presented here, then it is because of your pride and lack of wisdom.

ExtraExtra,

My observation is that you have a very loving, humble and responsible woman as wife. She's a gem. Please do not destroy your home because of ego.

The property in question belongs to your wife. When she bought the land, if you had told her to write only your name on the purchase receipt I am sure that woman would have done so, but you did not. So it is not fair to now accuse her of appropriating to herself, what belongs to both of you, when it's clear that building documents bear the name on the land purchase receipt.

ExtraExtra, don't lose a precious wife. Keep your home. Honestly, there is no shame in a man living in a property owned by his wife.

I pray that the Almighty Lord will guide you to make a rational decision.

Shalom.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2018
Why does he want ownership of something he didn't pay for??
Wallade:

Why did the lady not tell him from the beginning that the house is fully her own not his own?

Could that have influenced his decision? Don't you think he was being deceived by the lady all along.

She could have told him the truth. Maybe he would have been more cautious, stayed in rented apartment and started building another house for his family. Maybe he would have realized his wife can be treacherous and realized the need not to trust her

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by appsdope(m): 7:36am On Jul 21, 2018
iboboyswag:

You see them... beware of this kind of people and their advices!

The person I know behind this moniker is a proud, insulting and an uncultured girl but see how she is talking about her girlfriend and giving advice... well what do I know? the world is turning upside down!
Girl? I'm a man but my wife uses the acct cos she is a freelancer. My wife is not uncultured Biko although sometimes she tends to say heartbreaking stuffs to people.

Encore

Oga, I read your wife's epistle and now I have read yours... the truth is that you are seeking answers where you won't find any. Another reality check, you are indeed proud like your wife asserted. In the heat of argument you also insulted her, she may have gone overboard with insulting your family but that is not enough and i mean even with only her name on the house, it is not enough to try and break your marriage.

Note; this not boyfriend and girlfriend matter... Na Marriage be this one o!

kill your pride and man up! it's your family you have now... your parents and siblings will leave but you, that nagging, sexy, beautiful and overbearing wife and the children you both sired in love and sexual estacy are what will remain.

Reprimand her but never again threaten her with separation.

Thank you and God bless your home.

1 Like

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Martinez19(m): 7:38am On Jul 21, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

Your story corroborated hers sir! You guys are on exactly the same page! Summary, you wanted her to change the name on a property you just confirmed that she owns the lion share of to your name alone! Awwww...you are so smart!

Anyways, my understanding of the story as pulled from your story and hers says you were practically trying to defraud her!

1. She got the property (landed)
2. She did the paper works
3. She started building
4. You spent your own money on your parents's house
5. The remaining money, which you admitted isn't much was used to finish the house.

God is still in heaven, be fair in your dealings oga sir! Whew!
lol. Gbam, my thoughts exactly. Are you minding him? grin

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by makydebbie(f): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2018
oshe11:
Exactly my thought and why I didnt support her at first......

Lemme shock Youshocked

Lemme burst your brain....

She MIGHT have cheated on You and thats why she wanted to accuse you of being a cheat, so she can validate herself for cheating because you cheated

This is what happens when you bring family issues to nairaland for kids to settle.

Imagine this very stupid comment based on equally foolish assumptions. That's how you'll break someone's marriage with your irredeemable stupidity, thinking you're wise. Nonsense.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by stonecoldcafe: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2018
ExtraExtra:
Women are the backbone of the family, they makeow, she made her bed she should lay on it.

Go away Jo! 2 wrongs dont make a right. She erred by being insultive and putting her name alone n not discussing same with you. And so did you oga by wanting her to pack out of her home. THERE IS NO PLAY IN THAT SIR!

See the way you are saying it with play that when you asked her to leave the house it was a joke. I put it to you that is a lie sir!

I also put it to you that the house is NOT your sole property sir! For love, peace, sense and basic tenant of marriage, the title should remain in both your names. Never yours alone.

Please have both your names in the house document and live in peace as God intended. It shouldn't be yours alone. You have shown what you are capable of going if dat be the case. She too has shows she is no push over.

Or better still (very silly idea) you both move out, rent or sell this house and start all over again. Use the money to build another home and live in peace. The house is not yours alone neither should it be hers.

God bless your family and may it never be destroyed
cc: heseesall

3 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by monchazfarms: 7:44am On Jul 21, 2018
Both husband and wife are guilty.The money wasn't supposed to be shared at all.They should have used some of the money to solve the father's health problems and the other for the building.Sharing the money shows they are not one and have a hidden agenda in the union.The most crafty one here is the woman,for making the man realize how irrelevant he is to her.She doesn't trust the man at all.

3 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by teemy(m): 7:44am On Jul 21, 2018
@TonyeBarcanista, doesn't this lovers' quarrel remind you of one novel back in days of a man who felt his wife from a rich home was overbearing and decided to split his twin girls for several years. I can't remember the book title but the names Miatta and Toubu Lafaya come to mind. Almost like Deja Vu.
Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by dazzlingd(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

Your story corroborated hers sir! You guys are on exactly the same page! Summary, you wanted her to change the name on a property you just confirmed that she owns the lion share of to your name alone! Awwww...you are so smart!

Anyways, my understanding of the story as pulled from your story and hers says you were practically trying to defraud her!

1. She got the property (landed)
2. She did the paper works
3. She started building
4. You spent your own money on your parents's house
5. The remaining money, which you admitted isn't much was used to finish the house.

God is still in heaven, be fair in your dealings oga sir! Whew!

Your sense of comprehension and judgement are both very poor

1 Like

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by appsdope(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2018
Girl? I'm a married man but my wife uses the acct cos she is a freelancer. My wife is not uncultured Biko although sometimes she tends to say heartbreaking stuffs to people.

Look, I support women who start their own businesses and have their own money. Folorunsho Alakija won't be a billionaire if she was building in she and her husband's name. A man and his wife should own separate businesses and finances so that family finances will be very easy to manage and we can really have the best. A financially buoyant woman is a huge blessing to her husband.. I support heseesall to own and build in her name. It's her sweat Biko. There is nothing like what belongs to me belongs to my wife and vice versa. Contribute ur own quota to the family and I'll contribute mine. That way we can give our kids the best. If she had invested her own share of the money I'm sure we won't be reading this or if she had done the business alone. OP the success a family does not only depend on the woman. Thoughts like this makes fathers day boring and makes it look like men are only in the family for funds. How can u let ur wife do 99% of the home making. What exactly do u do? Oga ur ego is too much. So u think that court will let you take the children and live with them? Biko iron out things and live happy.

iboboyswag:

You see them... beware of this kind of people and their advices!

The person I know behind this moniker is a proud, insulting and an uncultured girl but see how she is talking about her girlfriend and giving advice... well what do I know? the world is turning upside down!

Encore

Oga, I read your wife's epistle and now I have read yours... the truth is that you are seeking answers where you won't find any. Another reality check, you are indeed proud like your wife asserted. In the heat of argument you also insulted her, she may have gone overboard with insulting your family but that is not enough and i mean even with only her name on the house, it is not enough to try and break your marriage.

Note; this not boyfriend and girlfriend matter... Na Marriage be this one o!

kill your pride and man up! it's your family you have now... your parents and siblings will leave but you, that nagging, sexy, beautiful and overbearing wife and the children you both sired in love and sexual estacy are what will remain.

Reprimand her but never again threaten her with separation.

Thank you and God bless your home.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 21, 2018
cococandy:

Everyone is bitter in you people’s opinions. You regurgitate what you’ve seen others type. No thinking of your own

Stop sounding like a horde of flies buzzing without anything reasonable to say.

Dimwit what do you know? Stick to Instagram
Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Sanchez01: 7:46am On Jul 21, 2018
sisisioge:

I understand. But from the story they both agreed on, the woman had bought the property, done the paper work and started building before oga added his money to it. While doing this, oga was taking care of his father's health and building his parents house with his own share o. Safe to say, all paper works were done before his money got on it and since they both shared their profit and each did as they pleased with his/her share. Be objective, she probably 85% owns the property. Despite that, she's offered to have his name on it too but he ain't buying! What name would you call that? Please be candid.
Well... It is not easy as you paint it. The ego of the average Nigerian man is something else. I'd like to believe the wife bought the land and some other things while he flew his father for treatment. He returned and showed commitment towards the project. However, marriage isn't supposed to be by how many things you did and how many I did.

The whole essence of the union is two being one; mutual fellowship. A grave mistake the wife made was buying the land in her name. It could have been in their name. That way, he wouldn't even have the strength to flex some muscles in the nearest future. I'm sorry o but my mind tells me she drew strength from them and didn't care until she saw the extent of her actions and words. Like I earlier mentioned, it is not that simple for a man you once reminded that the property he meant to flex his muscles over isn't his but yours. Even if he forgives, swallowing his pride and returning would be difficult.

The Nigerian man is somewhat vain and proud; he won't find it comfortable sleeping in a house that belongs to his wife because it should be the other way around.

She probably owns bulk of everything but she wouldn't have acted the way she did if she took her marriage classes seriously. Issues as this are discussed and properly spelt out. I am not saying she should be the fool but this would have been averted if she opened up even after buying it in her name.

I find it to be fair that he explained how his money was spent. She knows but just chose to wait for the day of reckoning. According to him, they are separated and there is no denying that trust is long gone already. Forgiveness is what should be sought at this point.

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by LydayBobo(m): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2018
Your wife response to most comments on her earlier mail shows she still loves you. Please let love settle all. Take charge of your family Bro. Go home

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by julitoch: 7:49am On Jul 21, 2018
appsdope:
Oh extra extra so she just started insulting you. She said the same thing as you. You both had an argument and you asked her to leave. although she didn't go into details. Bad mouth is the nearest synonym to women and I knew from the onset that she said a lot of nasty things. My ex girlfriend insulted me to the extent that she told me that my father was born out of wedlock. I never told her that o and I didnt know but Somehow she knew.
By the way since when did get the hell out of my house become a joke? How will we know if you meant it? She bought the land and started the project so how on earth are you supposed to own the property? The house shouldn't be in your name in the first place. The property is hers. Rent an apartment and move your family that's if you still want the marriage. As for the house, it belongs to her. Go and build your own. As for me, I cant stay in a house where a woman bought even the spoon. Because when you use that spoon to eat and there is an issue, she will tell you how that spoon she bought has been saving your life forgetting that you bought every other thing.
Nice write up, so intelligent, you are my type of man

1 Like

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by stonecoldcafe: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2018
oshe11:
Exactly my thought and why I didnt support her at first......71294

You are the type of in-law no one should pray for or judge case for. No matter what, the bond of marriage is strong. Dont advice anyone to quit their marriage and never stoke the flame of hatred. Dont add fire by saying op's wife is a cheat. Don't heat things up

4 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by cjeriia: 7:53am On Jul 21, 2018
ExtraExtra:

YES i said she should put my name only cos she belittled and betrayed me which tells me if it was in both our names she will raise shoulder and feel above me.YES i requested for transfer and i will go through with it, i cannot be away from my kids and still be in the same state, it doesnt make, when it is sucessful, i will get a place conducive amd comfortable for my kids, they will be with me. I told her recently not to bother with the name change anymore, she can have the house all to herself for all i care.
Dear OP, I recall my advice to ur wife to resolve the issue amicably with you if possible but never to change the said ownership of d property. My reason, when you found out it was in her name only you insisted she changes it to ur name only which was a very wrong statement to make. Now ur worry that she might start trying to rub shoulders with you if the said property was in both ur names shows a lack of empathy & self confidence on ur part. No matter how large in size or financial stance a woman is, as long as she has accepted to b ur wife, she will respect & cherish you given the right environment, condition & encouragement. Bro about the suspicion of cheating, well we don't live with you guys so we won't know neither will we bother about it. My advice is, settle this thing amicably for the well being of ur heart & state of mind. We only live once & it pays to live in peace & happiness

3 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by ayaomen(f): 7:55am On Jul 21, 2018
freshvine:

See how you twist logic...ignorance is indeed a bliss!

you'll build a house in your kids name and shut out their father and you think in their adult age they'll be like, "dad, this is our house, u are not a member".

how is it even possible to separate a bloodline cos of mere possession?
I have the right to my own opinion and you have the right to yours, so you intend raising kids that'll throw you out of their house even if they built it with their own money? Naaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by ayaomen(f): 7:58am On Jul 21, 2018
appsdope:
Girl? I'm a married man but my wife uses the acct cos she is a freelancer. My wife is not uncultured Biko although sometimes she tends to say heartbreaking stuffs to people.

Look, I support women who start their own businesses and have their own money. Folorunsho Alakija won't be a billionaire if she was building in she and her husband's name. A man and his wife should own separate businesses and finances so that family finances will be very easy to manage and we can really have the best. A financially buoyant woman is a huge blessing to her husband.. I support heseesall to own and build in her name. It's her sweat Biko. There is nothing like what belongs to me belongs to my wife and vice versa. Contribute ur own quota to the family and I'll contribute mine. That way we can give our kids the best. If she had invested her own share of the money I'm sure we won't be reading this or if she had done the business alone. OP the success a family does not only depend on the woman. Thoughts like this makes fathers day boring and makes it look like men are only in the family for funds. How can u let ur wife do 99% of the home making. What exactly do u do? Oga ur ego is too much. So u think that court will let you take the children and live with them? Biko iron out things and live happy.

God bless you my brother, until some people are in her shoes they can't know where its pinching

3 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Idrismusty97(m): 7:58am On Jul 21, 2018
Seriously you guys want Nairaland to settle your case? Seriously? How long have you been married to hand your problems over to a bunch of bitter wannabe feminists and underage teenage Showoffs? This forum is toxic, God knows i wouldn't bring any of my problems here.

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by dazzlingd(m): 7:59am On Jul 21, 2018
Of course it is so obvious the story was well baked.

She still have issues that her husband spent money on his dad...just imagine how evil women can be, so he shouldn't treat his dying father?

2. She went behind to use her name alone for the house they both built together meaning she already had the motive things may go wrong and a day like this will come.... She's betrayed her husband's trust, she's a traitor and a pessimist. Wicked world.

3. They had some misunderstandings,....it was obvious she was hiding some facts here, biko madam should tell us what misunderstanding they had and what caused it... Well she knew she was guilty so she made no mention of that. Worst of all she had to remind him the house belong to her alone! Betrayal!!!!!

4. She knows she was wrong all along then in the concluding part of her baked story she said and I quote "he is a good man".... No woman, you don't deserve such a good man, you can have the big house to yourself all alone and let the man move on and marry a new wife that will make him happy.

But my advise sha, you can still make things up and learn from the past and if not life's too short mhen... Move on.

1 Like

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by lifeisbeautiful: 8:00am On Jul 21, 2018
The reason why most ladies are yet to be married is because of feminist ideas,a real man shouldn't be
carried away that by allow his wife to shoulder family expenses if he does not want to lose his right over his family. There are good,submissive ladies that believe what they owns belong to there husband. I so much believe in working class ladies but still yet I work extremely hard to still give financial support. Respect is the major key in marriage while love and others follow, from my perspective the woman still have a major way in reunite her man by persuading the man to return home, which I strongly believe the man will come back home and I still believe the man made a mistake by telling the woman to pack out of the house. He should have leave the house, stay away for a while to enable the wife to realise the gratitude of been rude, telling her to move out will attract crowd,raise your voice will make you look irresponsible, best option is to stay away for while until she realize her mistakes. Most ladies accept worst things in there marriage while they will be the one to give feminist advice while men as well. Please find a way to forgive your wife, you both should return back to the happy family you used to be and work on how to get your own property that you can move in your family, telling her to change the ownership might look wicked but I know what you want is for her to be submissive but people will not reason like that, without been told a responsible wife that sees you return home,will never wait for you to tell her to change the ownership before she do so and the best owners of the house should be the children's name not both of you. The new landlord should be the kids for peace to rain.#saynotoviolenceinmarriage#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Martinez19(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2018
Op, who do you think you are deceiving? If, in the first place, you thought the house was jointly owned and that she owns a lion share of the house, why send her out of the house? If you felt that the house deserves to be jointly owned, why insist on your sole ownership of the house? You wife has begged you, from her post, she is sorry, she wants you back and is willing to give you a joint ownership of the house (which you deserve, at most) but you still put your marriage at risk and insist on sole ownership. Is forgiveness and the breakdown of your marriage less important than you sole ownership of the house?
Forget that nonsense talk of she betrayed you, act maturely and restore your marriage and get back your joint ownership of the house. Pride dey your body. You know say person get lion share of the house and you say you thought you had joint ownership of the house yet you sent her out? Oga na pride and wickedness be this. No matter how much she insulted you, you don't deserve sole ownership of the house.

9 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by soluwunmi(m): 8:07am On Jul 21, 2018
Interesting, I'm not God but I think if you remove the wool on your eyes you would know you were wrong, your own story even buttresses how you should have titled this how "I intend to dissolve my family with my pride" , yes, she comes from a wealthy family and is probably rude, so what? You were able to work together and nonetheless build a lovable family at least for a while, if these woman was so wicked she wouldn't have bothered about spending on your family's utmost comfort( a house), yes she made the mistake of putting her name alone... It's obvious she has insecurities, which you probably did not address before marriage, psychologically you gave her massive responsibilities often left for a man and she succeeded in them when she could have gone the usual feminine route living large... Correct me if I am wrong but this whole issue was escalated because of one of her insecurities again I.e she thinks you are cheating on her with someone else and when you should have angrily as a man do sth crazy/give her some sort of aggressive assurance, you told her to leave the house!
Now she's given you some great info to show you how insecure she was a long time ago, your only bold and wise way to correct this misnomer is to tell her to change it to only your name because a "man is the head of the house abi".
Even you should try reading your own story over and over again,... then switch roles, I am sure you would see.. how "Selfish" you have been from scratch, maybe if you told us what you have done for her own parents and others with your money before you even had success in biz even if they were extremely rich.
In conclusion, from my myopic married experience... I think a man should strive to bring out the best in a Woman and assure her at every giving opportunity that all is well, do the craziest things to keep your marriage and your children and she likewise, and you will see the stupid documents will not even matter at the end of the day, in fact she,ll do the needful when you are not watching.
Hmm, you can do what your ego, her family and your family says by the way after all it's your pride not anyone's marriage. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by lielbree: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2018
Op you used your money to fly your father aboard and build house for your parents. While your wife used her money to buy land and build for your children....

What is the value of the land and house and how much in terms of percentage did you contribute?? Yet u want the house in your name alone so you can throw her out anytime! You are a very wicked man!

I don't even know why your wife would be begging you. I guess she's stupìdly in love.

You better drop that ego of yours a run back to that woman! You won't find her type ever again.

Women pls learn to be confident and not love stupìdly pls!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Ijaya123: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2018
tabithababy:
cheesy cheesy

Hope she has changed the name to yours now

Mtcheeeeew

The greatest mistake she made is that she supposed to have used her own part of the money to take care or build house for her parent as well undecided

There is no wisdom in this comment.

1 Like

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by iboboyswag(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
appsdope:

Look, I support women who start their own businesses. Folorunsho Alakija won't be a billionaire if she was building in she and her husband's name. A man and his wife should own separate businesses and finances so that family finances will be very easy to manage. A financial buoyant woman is a huge blessing to her husband.. I support he sees all to own her own business and make investments. There is nothing like what belongs to me belongs to my wife and vice versa. Contribute ur own quota to the family and I'll contribute mine. If she had invested her own share of the money I'm sure we won't be reading this or if she had done the business alone. OP the success a family does Tommy depend on the woman. Thoughts like this makes fathers day boring. How can u let ur wife do 99% of the home making. What exactly do u do? Oga ur ego is too much. So u think that court will let you take the children and live with them? Biko iron out things and live happy.

Hmmm... Not to enter into an argument or derail but if you are not (no name mentioned) but her husband... then i must say i don't envy you but commend you. Your "wife" has a very nasty reputation online, she is known to be insulting at the slightest wimp of a disagreement and it often leaves me wondering how she will be like in the real world.

She has quarrelled with more people i know online than I can imagine doing and the amusing part of it is that, it is usually for petty issues and she often fires the first volley of insults, creating a scene where their is none (in her words... i don't care how anybody sees me).

No Offence "Bro" but sometimes these stuffs bite when nobody sees and people least expect.

That aside anyway!

The problem is not sharing finance or living together as one in everything, the main issue is creating a divide by dividing things and responsibilities. In marriage, the maths is 1 + 1 = 1.

However illogical it may seem but the fact the partners seek to divide finance, responsibility et al creates a crack in the marriage than most people know... it creates unwarranted expectations that when not met can lead to more trouble ahead.

The man is too proud for his own good... He is trying very hard to prove a point that don't exist. The woman may have acted cunning (which is subjective and speculative) but in this matter now, the man needs to get off his high horse and rescind all these unattainable conditions.

Loves wins in the end!

A part of me feels the man is a boy with a chequered view of marriage (you know... those marriages of 1940).

2 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by lielbree: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
Ijaya123:

There is no wisdom in this comment.
There is wisdom. This man is wicked.

4 Likes

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
Platony:

Negodu nkita one chance,..
Meh chionu der, ishi adi ro mma!!
Jeh nodana biko!!
grin.
Stop translating from Google, All u typed looked like Igbo, But its not Igbo.
I expected that u won't point the things I asked because of ur mental issue.
Clan ndi Ozodimgba laa gi na ugwu onyeama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by akinyemi0103(m): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2018
Oga, m very sure some n'land feminist will back your wife saying she has the lion share in the house, Fine, So just forget abt the house, build your own, it always suck when you involve dem female in dis kind of thing.

1 Like

Re: "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story by utenwuson: 8:12am On Jul 21, 2018
MarieSucre:

Uncle the only reason we know she is from a well to do background is because he briefly mentioned it, he did not even bring it up as a reason for their quarrel. He said the main reason for their quarrel was because he was doing somethings that made the wife feel he was cheating on her. Face that one and stop all these other jumping up and down. The man needs to check himself and limit whatever action is making his wife feels she is cheating on him. My 2 cents.
u didn't get the gist,

the woman literally was abusing his poor parents cos she s from a well to do background, the genesis of this problem is just cos the guy spends his own share on his sick parent, which the girl wasn't happy about openly.
and that was why the girl didn't say anything in her submit about what lead to the altercations between them cos everyone was gonna blame her... she just stated that it was a heated argument" and concentrated in the park out of my house stuff...

I so love the guy decision and that's the best to fix back his sanity..... he s not enjoying it but it's a hard decision he have to take.
let her eat the house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (35) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome This Temptation From This Sexy Lady? / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Married Zimbabwean Woman And Nigerian Lover Get Stuck During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.