Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,880 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

I'm About To Regret Getting Married - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (50538 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / 5 Nigerian Women Share Why They Regret Getting Married / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2018
i am a lady, marriage is NOT a night market , more of a platform 2 help the both of u make heaven grin
tamethem:

My guy same age is not the reason the woman is misbehaving oo. So don't ever think you can escape such because you are older than your woman. If you are twenty years older than a woman that is not virtuous you will still experience such or even worse and there are women older than their husbands that are respectful and peaceful.

Marriage is a Night Market, you don't know what you bought until you get home and check in daylight.

My own dey my body grin

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by BIXYBABE: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2018
adedayoa2:
the fact remains he got married to the lady because she's working, guys like am plenty for Abuja here, whenever they ask me 'are you working', I tell them I'm a student and I stay with my aunt and that's the end o, they start avoiding you.
When u told them u are not working they will ignore u, so as not to be demanding from them. idiot pigs. I don't know maybe he's d one feeding me since 20years back

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by NNAMDIII(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Gracesofar:

DM me. Though am in jaji till sept. And did u make list this year?
i didn't write entrance exam this year, next year by God's grace

I just sent you a pm
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by BIXYBABE: 11:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Eketem:

Where did I mention broke men? I am an advocate of sharing bills any day any time. This mentality of a woman marrying a man and then turning into a minor who cannot provide basic needs for herself is something I do not understand.

I believe every adult must be able to take care of themselves and every adult must be able to cook and clean after themselves hence it is very hard for me to understand why a woman will get married and then decide a husband's money is good for spending while her own is good for saving except it this was a mutual agreement

The hypocrisy with the Nigerian gender war is both men and women are selfishly holding on to traditional norm when it suits them but wanting Co partners when it suits them. A woman will want a man to provide everything financially yet cook and clean while a man will want a wife that does all the cooking and cleaning yet shares bill. Until we are all ready to drop the 1950s mentality we will keep moving in circles
Man must pay d bill.....he's d head of the family. But wife can also help if she wish or maybe they both agree on it. My own view though
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by emelda86(f): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2018
NoToPile:
Well technically she's not hiding money from you since you have access to her online banking and can even transfer from it, so you know how much she's worth.

Maybe she believes she's helping the family by saving her own income. You can explain to her that her income is also needed.

She bought the asoebi for you that 'concerns you alone' and you didn't have money for, that says quite a lot.

It's a simple matter I think.

As for the guests explain to her you guys can't afford to keep entertaining visitors.

I wonder why some people are focusing on the couples age.

You are a man God will bless any lady that marries you.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by BIXYBABE: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2018
NoToPile:

The bolded is the main problem.

To say the truth presently the traditional way least favors the woman more because most women work still cook clean etc without any help from the spouse and yet also shares bill. Call Oga to help you he quotes the traditional way.

A lady too will now quote the traditional way when she makes money and decide not to spilt bills since she's doing all the chores or some just decide not to work since Oga can /should take care of all (this is the traditional way but it's dangerous for a woman not to have income in this era).
Problem solved.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by emelda86(f): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2018
BIXYBABE:
When u told them u are not working they will ignore u, so as not to be demanding from them. idiot pigs. I don't know maybe he's d one feeding me since 20years back

My dear its so sad that in this part of the world our men don't love, instead they want to share with you.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by NoToPile: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2018
emelda86:

You are a man God will bless any lady that marries you.

grin grin

I am a woman oo.

Married too.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by emelda86(f): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
Op u are such a big waste of sperm she's hiding her money from you yet she bought aso ebi for you smh...

One thing you guys don't understand is a woman is very easy to get things from, there are ways you sit her down talk to her & you will see her bringing money out for both of you to spend...

But you came out here to paint her black like men are scum that you are...

Abi... are men not the head again even in your poverty state you are still proud

Poor men & pride be like buhari & Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by emelda86(f): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
NoToPile:

grin grin

I am a woman oo.

Married too.

God bless your home & hubby jare wise one
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by BIXYBABE: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
edoman2016:

Why did you marry a 36 years old woman as your wife. Don't you know she has bad attitude? That's the reason she was married very late. You should have investigated thoroughly about her character before marrying her. Marrying any single ladies above 30 years is disaster. Because most of them are desperate and pretentious.
Why won't she marry her, when she see someone dat is working, and won't be demanding from him.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by NoToPile: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
emelda86:

God bless your home & hubby jare wise one

Amen
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
baddosky1:

Can we just stop making pregnancy overrated! The other day, a video of a woman in her third trimester dancing away in a club as if she was carrying nothing hit front-page.

If pregnancy was as tedious as it sounds, we wouldn't have a situation where women will get pregnant the second, third, fourth and in some cases tenth time.

I am not trying to underplay pregnancy but you women should stop all these "If only men can get pregnant, they'll see how stressful it is" garbage. The fact men carry 2 "eggs" under their legs for life and have to shave off hair every 2 days from their face and hustle hard to take care of the needs of women and children is enough stress already!
huh?...pregnancy is not overated because a woman who is obviosuly high on weed was dancing at a club? ( any sane woman who loves her baby and herself wouldn't do that, the world is changing doesn't mean the world is right. She also needs to show a video of herself in labor or vomiting and spitting) women also carry hair under their legs and have to shave it almost every week, same way women bleed every month and mostly are in serious pain, same way a woman has to endure making her hair every other week to look tidy and carries heavy ball on her chest. see, we can continue this for a very long time but pregnancy is not and can never be over rated. A man has never lost his life carrying this two eggs for a woman or lost his health or months of privacy too. Yeah, a pregnant woman is a super hero. Quote me anywhere

5 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by adedayoa2(f): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
BIXYBABE:
not even demanding alone, they will also want to know if you live alone so they can always come to your crib

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by CHoccolaTE: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
BIXYBABE:

Men are hypocrites. They don't want to provide but will happily marry a woman that will provide for them and take care of the house at the same time. Like Op of this thread.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by BIXYBABE: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
IntrovertedK:
grin biko accept my *sinparty*. She yaff deceived you and used the woman logic on you. She needed to get married so she lure you into it by presenting herself as never demanding woman. Y ou yaff enter one chance. Anyway, she's not a bad woman that's how they all are. You just have to try harder bro. It's too early to run away from her. Just try and tell her the truth about your brokeness. Maybe if she believe you, she might start entertaining visitors from her own pocket. You'd be surprised that visitors will even stop coming. Anyway, that's a challenge, accept it and be a man. Hardwork doesn't kill, poverty does. By the way ayam still searching for someone to challenge me too biko.
I'm here

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by BIXYBABE: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

Men are hypocrites. They don't want to provide but will happily marry a woman that will provide for them and take care of the house at the same time. Like Op of this thread.
Is woman dat will clean, cook, wash, fetch water if require, take care of the children and also work the same time. For man to provide for home will still be an issue. He will only wake up and go to work. If he employ house maid to do house chore won't he paid him. I don't know their problem.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by CHoccolaTE: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
BIXYBABE:

Is woman dat will clean, cook, wash, fetch water if require, take care of the children and also work the same time. For man to provide for home will still be an issue. He will only wake up and go to work. If he employ house maid to do house chore won't he paid him. I don't know their problem.

No na, you don't know women are natural house maid for men? Take care of children and house and pay bills too. Foolish hypocrites they are.
You didnt even mention the pregnancy aspect, the stress some women face to keep house running and go for jobs while pregnant and managing waist pain and pregnancy sickness.
All this one's women no dey complain.

These idiot lazy men come on Nairaland everyday to whine about how women must provide for them when the work they do is not up to half of what women do.
I don't even know if any woman in this present harsh economy is still planning on being a full time housewife, women always contribute and have always contributed financially but lazy louts men want them to kill themselves before they acknowledge their contribution.

4 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by CHoccolaTE: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
adedayoa2:
not even demanding alone, they will also want to know if you live alone so they can always come to your crib

I had one like that, that one would come to my house and balance on the bed demanding food every time and he didn't give me money to feed him or anything. He was just happy to enjoy oshofree he nearly packed into my house self. I got tired of his nonsense and told him to leave me alone and the guy did not agree, was begging and trying everything to continue his oshofree life with me.

The truth is that men would happily have women provide for them if they have the chance, then they come on Nairaland to preach independence and why it's not good for women to ask for things from her boyfriend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by baddosky1: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Treasuredlove:
huh?...pregnancy is not overated because a woman who is obviosuly high on weed was dancing at a club? ( any sane woman who loves her baby and herself wouldn't do that, the world is changing doesn't mean the world is right. She also needs to show a video of herself in labor or vomiting and spitting) women also carry hair under their legs and have to shave it almost every week, same way women bleed every month and mostly are in serious pain, same way a woman has to endure making her hair every other week to look tidy and carries heavy ball on her chest. see, we can continue this for a very long time but pregnancy is not and can never be over rated. A man has never lost his life carrying this two eggs for a woman or lost his health or months of privacy too. Yeah, a pregnant woman is a super hero. Quote me anywhere

So you aren't aware that a woman is meant to do some pre-natal exercises in order to ease labor before childbirth, reduce the need for epidurals and also prevent post partum depressions? And one of such exercises is in the form of aerobics in which dance steps is included?

And here you are talking of weed! I am sure the women whose pictures and videos below were on weed! Ignorance kills faster than anything! grin grin

You are one of the numerous women who do nothing while they are pregnant but eat shawama and yogurt, watch tv and bore the man to death with constant nagging without even going for prenatal aerobics.

I am not even sure i am talking to a female that has even housed semen in her womb before talkless of visiting a labor room! undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJzLERq60PE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=535911999948652&id=229799260559929&_rdr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
baddosky1:

So you aren't aware that a woman is meant to do some pre-natal exercises in order to ease labor before childbirth, reduce the need for epidurals and also prevent post partum depressions? And one of such exercises is in the form of aerobics in which dance steps is included?

And here you are talking of weed! I am sure the women whose pictures and videos below were on weed! Ignorance kills faster than anything! grin grin

You are one of the numerous women who do nothing while they are pregnant but eat shawama and yogurt, watch tv and bore the man to death with constant nagging without even going for prenatal aerobics.

I am not even sure i am talking to a female that has even housed semen in her womb before talkless of visiting a labor room! undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJzLERq60PE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=535911999948652&id=229799260559929&_rdr
oga, prenatal exercises are different from crazy club dancing and twerking. I should know because I am a mother. Now stop talking about things you know absolutely nothing about and you rely only ignorant role models online for and let us all hear word. Obviously I am talking to a child that isn't humble enough to learn stuff the right way but hide under popular culture knowledge which is obviously always 85 percent not always true to context.
The reality you see online isn't the true reality. Grow some brain...leave your computer screen and take a walk in the real world...then we can continue this

5 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

I had one like that, that one would come to my house and balance on the bed demanding food every time and he didn't give me money to feed him or anything. He was just happy to enjoy oshofree he nearly packed into my house self. I got tired of his nonsense and told him to leave me alone and the guy did not agree, was begging and trying everything to continue his oshofree life with me.

The truth is that men would happily have women provide for them if they have the chance, then they come on Nairaland to preach independence and why it's not good for women to ask for things from her boyfriend.
my dear, which woman wants to lie? Spending your husband's money is very sweet biko....a man who truly has is also very happy and proud to see his woman shining on his money. No real man will complain about that...its their bragging right. It's just sad the economy hasn't been friendly for everyone. But instead of some hungry guys to see it as it is....a woman helping them in their duty, they have turned it to another thing. Real men don't depend on a woman's money...its just the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Gracesofar(m): 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
NNAMDIII:
i didn't write entrance exam this year, next year by God's grace

I just sent you a pm

Ba komi.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Ishilove: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Babyforever:
Oga don't bother yourself with that young man he's currently squatting in the house of his sugar mummy's an old cargo in delta state she's the daughter of a ppa to the governor of delta State..... he's currently jobless as I'm speaking to you right now she gives him pocket money monthly I'm not making this up ask him he knows what I'm talking about......

Elder001
HIan shocked
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Acidosis(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
victorian:

Don't mind him. I was shocked when he said he cooks for his invisible wife everyday.

Wife who doesn't exist. Such a pathological liar!

Lol.. It is well grin
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
i am a lady, marriage is NOT a night market , more of a platform 2 help the both of u make heaven grin

My dear it is a Night market not about the lady alone but the husband also.

Look at it from this angle. A lady getting the shock of her life the night of her marriage seeing the husband snore like a donkey because that happens to be their first night together.

Is DAT not a Night market?

I smh for You. grin
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by AmericanSons: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
undecided
HRHQueenPhil:
absolutely nothing sweetness wink
embarassed
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Ebowo(f): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Eketem:

What is wrong with marrying a partner so one can share bills?

Not every man wants a wife that will take and take, some want working wives so they won't die from high blood pressure in this economy, share goals aspirations and grow together.

His only error was not discussing with her before marriage
Wrong reason to marry

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Ebowo(f): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
Elder001:

You're not wise, take that to the bank.

Why won't they share bills?

It's time you travel beyond the shores of Africa so that you can drop this primitive mentality of yours.
We are still in Africa where women are seen as the tail .lol

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Eketem: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2018
Ebowo:

Wrong reason to marry

Excuse me? Is a woman not an adult? So it is wrong for a man to want to share bills but right for a grown woman to be fully dependent

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Eketem: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2018
BIXYBABE:

Man must pay d bill.....he's d head of the family. But wife can also help if she wish or maybe they both agree on it. My own view though

In 1860

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by donb06: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2018
Eketem:

What is wrong with marrying a partner so one can share bills?

Not every man wants a wife that will take and take, some want working wives so they won't die from high blood pressure in this economy, share goals aspirations and grow together.

His only error was not discussing with her before marriage
bros will u cook together, wash together, clean togehter, tend for the kids together..... I dont understand how my fellow guys reason nowadays.... Just imagine that one day you come back home tired and your wife tells you it is your turn to cook today... Yes the woman has to be industrious to[b] HELP[/b] the man... Bro the way you dont have to tell your wife to cook for you that's the way you dont have to be told to dole out the funds... just dont go out of ur budget...
Bro pray for God to bless your hustle and he will bless you AMEN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.