Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

I'm About To Regret Getting Married - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (49958 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / 5 Nigerian Women Share Why They Regret Getting Married / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by divinelove(m): 4:11am On Jul 27, 2018
Silvermoney:

How 'stable' is a stable income? What if you have a good job before marriage and then later lose the job in the next 7 to 10 years, by which time you already have three school aged kids? What would you do then, would you get divorce? Besides, in that situation, how are you better than someone who got married in the first place with no "stable income"?.. Life is too deep. Let's not over simplify it.

This does not justify getting married without a stable source of income. if you have sense u will know that the minimum a man should have is three sources of income plus a working wife, that way your future and that of your family is secured.

only a stupid man has one source of income, life starts the day a man is not dependent on a source of income

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by baddosky1: 4:57am On Jul 27, 2018
adedayoa2:
the fact remains he got married to the lady because she's working, guys like am plenty for Abuja here, whenever they ask me 'are you working', I tell them I'm a student and I stay with my aunt and that's the end o, they start avoiding you.

Most of them are not asking if you work because they want to feed from you...they are asking because they want to know your self-worth! Nigerian men are wiser now. No man wants a woman who will still ask him for money for ordinary pad. (liability).

Stop this your childish thinking!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by baddosky1: 4:59am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:
Hahahhahahah grin grin grin grin nairaland boys when the statement is not massaging their ego. Una die here tongue

Nigerian men would take the neck position when it comes to sharing bills. cheesy cheesy cheesy

.. Y'all shouldn't confuse the Op further!

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by adslipps: 5:07am On Jul 27, 2018
At a time Socrates was asked; is it good to marry? His answer was; whether you marry or not you will regret it.

How about that?
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Babyforever(f): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2018
Acidosis:

Why?
Long story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by xtervaganza(m): 5:21am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:
awon mummy e lo n shoriburuku... Alaye baje.. When you have a woman, wait for her to feed you. Bastard son of a gun! Stupid boy!
olobo rirun grin grin grin

I'm already married. And to a hardworking woman like myself, not alabodo like you and iya e olobo eran.

I'm pretty sure your father is one worthless dead man now cos your mother has finished him with burden.

Where I come from hubby and wife join hands together to build the home. Apparently that's alien to you because you're a low life daughter of a wh0re

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Mac2016(m): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2018
Tehila07:
I had thought that love has bigger roles to play in marriage. I was wrong. I got married at 36 when I thought I had seen someone who loved me.

While dating, I was not spending money on her because she has a job and was not complaining. I ride okada for a living, hoping to go into a business soon. Before marriage, I used to have spare cash of about 10k always. Even if that 10k is spent on something, I would recover it within a week. She told me that if money she spends on feeding and what I spend on feeding are added together, we will feed ourselves, and save more. But since we got married, I labour hard to ensure she has whatever she needs. Now I'm stretched to the limit and can't cope anymore. She has money in her bank account, but said she's saving for raining days. Anytime she wants to perform online banking, I do it for her. Two days ago, I wanted to buy data, I transferred money from her account to the seller, brought out the money and told her seller accepts bank transfer and I don't want to go and queue in the bank for lodgement. I would have informed her first, but she was busy attending to visitors and her phone was with me. She was angry and said "I will change my password." I replied that the only favor she did me was saving my journey to the bank. She said if she has cash in hand, she would be tempted to spend it. So, it's me that should not have savings?

I don't feel like having sex again, because of the depression and she is now angry that I'm turning her down. Now I'm planning to leave home and return whenever my situation improves. She can cope because she has enough money.

Why the financial pressure on me is too much is that we are both 36 years old and friends keep trouping to our house to wish her well. As a man that manages resources, I entertained guests from my family once for the past two months we got married because it's not my town but hers. She keeps asking me for money to entertain guests. Some friends made it a habit of visiting twice weekly, while she keeps showing me off. When she asked for money for food yesterday and I told her I had no money, she has been moody since then, thinking that I'm hiding money from her.

This was a woman, that, last week, when I said I couldn't afford a particular asoebi that only concerns me because it's costly, went to the market, bought it, and took it to my tailor. Judging from her recent actions, I won't wear that cloth except I'm able to refund the money.

P.S: Love is just a rhetoric - humanity died long ago.
Your woman loves you so much and you have no real problem but imaginary ones. She still wants sex with you, still buy you asoebi, still cares about you.
She is still one of the sweetest woman have ever had of. Abeg send me her number if you wanna give her up cheaply.
Don't let inferiority complex take the best part of you. Women are highly convoluted especially when they are the ones with the upper hands financially.
Forgot this your minor issues and smile with her and shag hee well every now and then. Also stop forming this manly ego it's unnecessary. Respect her cash and virtual money if she doesn't authorize it yet stop using any of your own initiative on someone else's money.
Enjoy your marriage, bro!

4 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Dfavouredone: 5:29am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:
OK, whilst you were dating her you weren't spending on her because............ She's miss independent huh Men like you make independent women carry calculator about... You married a woman because you want to be sharing bills? Really??

Ovoko!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wey person no go hear for this nairaland. You're depressed because you're performing your marital duties, top of which is taking the financial responsibilities of your home?
You've not even started, no kids yet and you're whining like this?

You married her because of her money.. You never chi chom chin! undecided

Are you kidding me?
I weak abeg!...

You better get sense before you get marry.

This is 21st century. Family financial responsibilities is no longer left to man only. Women don't just sit at home any more, they support

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by ikukuhero: 5:31am On Jul 27, 2018
Tehila07:
I had thought that love has bigger roles to play in marriage. I was wrong. I got married at 36 when I thought I had seen someone who loved me.

While dating, I was not spending money on her because she has a job and was not complaining. I ride okada for a living, hoping to go into a business soon. Before marriage, I used to have spare cash of about 10k always. Even if that 10k is spent on something, I would recover it within a week. She told me that if money she spends on feeding and what I spend on feeding are added together, we will feed ourselves, and save more. But since we got married, I labour hard to ensure she has whatever she needs. Now I'm stretched to the limit and can't cope anymore. She has money in her bank account, but said she's saving for raining days. Anytime she wants to perform online banking, I do it for her. Two days ago, I wanted to buy data, I transferred money from her account to the seller, brought out the money and told her seller accepts bank transfer and I don't want to go and queue in the bank for lodgement. I would have informed her first, but she was busy attending to visitors and her phone was with me. She was angry and said "I will change my password." I replied that the only favor she did me was saving my journey to the bank. She said if she has cash in hand, she would be tempted to spend it. So, it's me that should not have savings?

I don't feel like having sex again, because of the depression and she is now angry that I'm turning her down. Now I'm planning to leave home and return whenever my situation improves. She can cope because she has enough money.

Why the financial pressure on me is too much is that we are both 36 years old and friends keep trouping to our house to wish her well. As a man that manages resources, I entertained guests from my family once for the past two months we got married because it's not my town but hers. She keeps asking me for money to entertain guests. Some friends made it a habit of visiting twice weekly, while she keeps showing me off. When she asked for money for food yesterday and I told her I had no money, she has been moody since then, thinking that I'm hiding money from her.

This was a woman, that, last week, when I said I couldn't afford a particular asoebi that only concerns me because it's costly, went to the market, bought it, and took it to my tailor. Judging from her recent actions, I won't wear that cloth except I'm able to refund the money.

This man is just selfish and not husband material at all. Why put your eyes in your wife's money? You want ur wife to take up responsibilities just because you're aware of her financial status? Watch as your marriage will soon crumble because of you. Or, you think u did ur wife a favour marrying her because she is 36? I sense you're not a good man that is willing to take responsibility. Marriage is not boyfriend / girlfriend. Get ur ass out and take responsibility. Refine your attitude. When kids come in, you'll also expect her to take care of the bills. I am sorry man,ur type can never make a good husband.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by adedayoa2(f): 5:43am On Jul 27, 2018
baddosky1:

Most of them are not asking if you work because they want to feed from you...they are asking because they want to know your self-worth! Nigerian men are wiser now. No man wants a woman who will still ask him for money for ordinary pad. (liability).

Stop this your childish thinking!
a woman having a job shouldn't be the number 1 on your list, maybe you should read my other quotes on this thread.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Olumeme: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2018
If you give a woman all the money in Central Bank, she will likely finish it.
They spend mostly the way they see, except she's a good financial manager or on the same page with you when it comes to cutting down costs and spending.

You really do not have much problems, first of all sit her down and communicate with her, let her know what's on your mind and how you want to run your home, then follow it with actions.

For example, you can tell here u'll only be dropping 10k for feeding per week, and she should learn how to manage it, then don't exceed the target, even if she finishes the 10k in 2 days, let the family go hungry till the next week before you provide, you'll see that the next week she'll definitely adjust.

Men and to lead and the women follows. You're supposed to dictate the how and what is done in your house. She might not even see anything wrong in all you're doing, it's your duty to enlighten her.

You're the real MVP for marrying a 36yr old woman.. Baba, I carry yarsh for you oo

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by condomuser: 5:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Only in Nigeria is where you find just the woman doing the cooking, in countries where things work both parties share the responsibilities and there is absolutely nothing wrong about that. This is the reason why life expectancy of Nigerian men is 53 yers old while life expectancy of men in developed countries is 83 yers old.

nahzyla:

Where is it written that only a woman must go to market and cook for the family? Yet you Nigeria men will never share kitchen work or house chores but you want a maga that will give you money.

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by africanusvu(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2018
Tehila07:

.You mean an okada rider can write this error_free good English? Frankly THERE WAS A COUNTRY

6 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by dederocs(m): 5:54am On Jul 27, 2018
Its normal in Nigerian marriages
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by omoelerin1: 5:56am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:
OK, whilst you were dating her you weren't spending on her because............ She's miss independent huh Men like you make independent women carry calculator about... You married a woman because you want to be sharing bills? Really??

Ovoko!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wey person no go hear for this nairaland. You're depressed because you're performing your marital duties, top of which is taking the financial responsibilities of your home?

Are you kidding me?
I weak abeg!...
You're wicked

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by omoelerin1: 6:00am On Jul 27, 2018
flyca:
OP did you say you ride Okada for a living? Are you are graduate? I am very impressed with your writing prowess. Good punctions, correct use of tenses, almost zero grammatical errors. Wow.

Let me guess that you are from Southern Nigeria? Maybe South East? Look, a man that cannot write half as good as you do is the president of one nation lai dat. They say it's "quota system". Then he gets in and puts in all his brothers and sisters who hardly can spell their name correctly into juicy federal positions by appointment. And yet - here is one of us, struggling with 10K, 5K despite his educational background and strong resolve to earn a decent living. Pathetic!

Call me a tribalist na you sabi. My views about Nigeria has changed in the past few years. Sorry Nation.
Thrash
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by adetes: 6:01am On Jul 27, 2018
Marriage this days tire m

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by galadima77(m): 6:03am On Jul 27, 2018
edoman2016:

Why did you marry a 36 years old woman as your wife. Don't you know she has bad attitude? That's the reason she was married very late. You should have investigated thoroughly about her character before marrying her. Marrying any single ladies above 30 years is disaster. Because most of them are desperate and pretentious.

... very pretentious i tell you

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 27, 2018
mankettle:
sit her down and have the talk bro.
you need to discuss finances upkeep etc. monthly and weekly allowances etc. and get ready to harden your heart bro.
don't worry Bro, it is a phase, after this another phase

Deep
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by aku626(m): 6:05am On Jul 27, 2018
Go see a marriage counselor
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by shugamummy: 6:07am On Jul 27, 2018
If they ask you to wash ordinary dish now you will start shouting house chores must be shared,am I your maid,go get maid blah blah blah. So whose kids are those,only the man's right? Whose family,only the man forms family when responsibility comes,but when the man holds the cash,it becomes 'our' money. Auntie,the man to marry you may he read this comment of yours and dodge you as bullet unless u change this stupid mentality. Your task in the house is just to open ur smelling pussy and close legs after abi. Madness

yettymuse:

Ovoko!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?
I weak abeg!...

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Opinionated: 6:23am On Jul 27, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
u married ur age mate? all the best sir

What if she were older? Your post seems immature.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 27, 2018
romenna:
ozuor
You nko? ewobi. Lama. Bushmeat.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by qtx(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2018
pesinfada:
what OP needs is money or does money grow dia?
smiley
Well, money only comes through knowledge and not by power. Seek knowledge if you need money. hence he can find whatw will give him even morethan money there

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by jaxxy(m): 6:54am On Jul 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

yes it has.. it normally helps people cope better as they have another foundation to fall back on, if/when their union go through rough patches.

any smart person knows that as soon as you marry someone, you will have to spend a little bit more money as a couple than when you were dating....whether you both are working or not. if you actually thought that you would still have extra cash in marriage, then you are the one who was fooling yourself and that should be your 1st ISSUE

ISSUE #2
fair enough, thats the time you should have sat down and figure out how much each of you are spending on food, and have a food budget (as long as other budget) in place for marriage life.... also, you guys should have remembered that, with marriage often comes kids, and then feeding money skyrocket.

like what exactly?! what more do you spend on today that you didnt spend on before marriage?! be specific

ISSUE #3
you need to sit her down and communicate with her about A) your failure to cope and B) her refusal to help financially in order to save money....UNLESS your failure to cope has nothing to do with her saving money for rainy days (aka she is sharing the family financial duties as she always did) and therefore you need to be honest with her about your problems in raising money. but either way, she SHOULD help.

ISSUE #4
you are dealing with an inconsiderate woman who now has issues with money/you.... the minute this happened you should have ssat her down and gone to the bottom of this. never walk away from such big changes in a partner.

ISSUE #5
running away from your problem NEVER solves them, in the contrary, it creates a BIGGER problem. you guys are a couple and should deal with whatever is happening TOGETHER. sit your wife down and COMMUNICATE with her honestly about what is going on because i am not even sure she has any clue. here is my question to you: WHAT IS REALLY THE PROBLEM IN YOUR LIFE?

ISSUE #6
... and you couldnt tell her exactly that?! what about telling her that there is NO money for friends any longer OR that the family budget does NOT permit such frivolous spending OR BETTER YET that she should spend HER money on HER visiting friends?! if that is such a difficult thing to do between you guys, then i suggest you stop this marriage thingy right now, because married life is WAY TOUGHER than that.

ISSUE #7
wait a minute, so you mean to say that you said you had no money for the asoebi, and she went to buy it for you?!?!? and now you are biatching about spending on some snacks for her friends?! it seems to me you are being cheap now. marriage life is all about sharing, but you certainly shouldnt expect HER to foot all the bills, do you? since she paid your asoebi, then you certainly should have some spare money for her friends snack, dont you? or better yet, why dont you TELL her where you actually spend your money (if you have any)?
so here is my question to you: ARE YOU TRYING TO RUN AWAY BECAUSE YOU JUST REALIZE THAT YOU AINT GOT MONEY TO COPE WITH MARRIAGE LIFE?

what has love got to do with anything here?! you didnt ONCE said anything caring about the woman that you supposedly want to spend the rest of your life with... you didnt ONCE talk about anything but money issues, yet want to turn around and mix love to this issue... you didnt ONCE accept responsibility for what is happening by removing the huge misplaced ego that is in the way of your common sense here.
LOVE ko, BOXING GLOVE ni!

Well analyzed bro, u just cleared up the whole mess. Wat they simply have is Money Management issues and communication issues. Aside that everything wud be great btwn them. Tehila07 u and ur wife need to sit down ams plan ur spending and family budgets together and reduced random spending to a minimum so u can both save a for the rainy day and still hv cash at hand. Tell ur wife u guys are living above ur means and u are the one bearing the burden. Let her know wat is reasonable for spending in the house weekly or monthly and stick to it so u don't go broke.

Love is a separate thing, Sorting out Issues is a separate thing. Don't mix them just anyhow or else love one will suffer for the other. Love van make u more understanding bt the issues must be addressed objectively not with love.

Once this is sorted u can all get back to ur lovey dovey selves. Lol cheers

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Pataricatering(f): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:

Ovoko!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?
I weak abeg!...
there is nothing wrong with sharing bills ! Husband is not ATM !
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by nahzyla: 7:00am On Jul 27, 2018
condomuser:
Only in Nigeria is where you find just the woman doing the cooking, in countries where things work both parties share the responsibilities and there is absolutely nothing wrong about that. This is the reason why life expectancy of Nigerian men is 53 yers old while life expectancy of men in developed countries is 83 yers old.

The Op is a Nigerian man that lives on Nigeria so I am giving him advice accordingly. Supposing he lives abroad I will tell him what pertains to foreign countries.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by ikukuhero: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:

Ovoko!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?
I weak abeg!...

Thank you. Very nice comment here. He wanted what he is not getting from the union and he is whining. A woman is indirectly telling you to take financial responsibility and you are complaining. By the time she begins to bear the financial burden of the home and begins to 'act like the breadwinner', you'll say she is being disrespectful to you. Sir, better man up and manage your home.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2018
Am sorry but I've always been a anti marriage if you are broke and sir you fell into that category,if you think it's tough now,wait until she gets pregnant and have a baby or god forbid she has a difficult pregnancy then you'll know that money is more important than love in marriage.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Temple50(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2018
[quote author=adedayoa2 post=69639456]is that an issue?[/quotejthis one weak me o]
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2018
Babyforever:
Oga don't bother yourself with that young man he's currently squatting in the house of his sugar mummy's an old cargo in delta state she's the daughter of a ppa to the governor of delta State..... he's currently jobless as I'm speaking to you right now she gives him pocket money monthly I'm not making this up ask him he knows what I'm talking about......

Elder01

shocked shocked shocked

You see, this is the exact way faceless people come here to destroy families. He's been here gallivanting from thread to thread about how he cooks for an imaginary wife.

Thanks dear, I refuse to be confused, lol.
Re: I'm About To Regret Getting Married by tiwasiaife(m): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2018
Ur wife is wicked. I nearly fell into this type of trap bt God saved me. In marriage u shld be observant in ladies who are stubborn,stingy and has no fear of God any lady with these attributes are no go area esp. When shes abv 30. Guy leave hwse 4 her b4 u die of stress n depression.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage / My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.