Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (36200 Views)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Partnerbiz(f): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2018
okwusdidi:
I have a friend who would have been aborted,but the mother being a stunch catholic refused saying it'd again st her faith Even when the pregnancy was dangerous to her health.Luckily even against the expectations of the doctors she gave birth to him.Today he is married and is a big boy..He is so greatful to his mother and keeps telling his story to everyone. You do not know what that child would be.May be he would be the one to find the cure for AIDS which claims the lives of 2 persons every minute or he could end up tlike that my friend who is now the pillar of his family.Let her know this and the fact the their are alternatives to abortion and also the fact fact that abortion is murder.Let her go for scan,so that she can see her baby move in her womb.Finally be prayerful.

This is 2018, get sense small naa.

He will be the one to find cure for Aids?

what if he will be next Kabiri sokoto?

Use another instance to buttress your point oga..

I am pro choice though

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by nnamezie87(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2018
Bro.... Tell your parents first, then tell her that You need to see her own people. If she refuses, then wash off your hand and tell her that you have nothing to do with d abortion if anything happens. Make sure that some of her friends are aware in case anything happens. Goodluck
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Abbaxxx(m): 8:18am On Jul 29, 2018
grin
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by asatemple(f): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2018
Marry her
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by ozallamike(m): 8:36am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

C: Both of us come from a very strick family.

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

What is just the best way to report myself?

I need your advice's urgently please, coz we are doing the test this afternoon.
are you a student too ? what do you do for a living ?
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by successtutor(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2018
Say no to abortion. It's a mortal sin cos it's intentional killing. Go and tell your mum. She will sort you out.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Katier00(f): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

My family isn't the issue.. The won't have choice than to accept my decision after the insults.. She's hellbent on abortion, and I am not comfortable with that.. Too risky for me,..convincing her is the issue here then the best way to bring myself to her family. The pregnancy is 4weeks old
send me her number, let me call her. Was faced with a similar experience, ten years ago, let me try to encourage her cos I know how she feels
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by roselynbas(f): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2018
Convince her to keep the baby, I have not seen anyone that aborted a child that has never regretted it. Marry her, it becomes legal, school will not rusticate her. If you are man enough to have sex, you should be man enough to meet her parents. The deed has been done, what else is there?!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Anfieldboss: 9:03am On Jul 29, 2018
oolongtea:

look at all the bolded parts. dude, you're being really childish and impractical. the idea of cute fatherhood u have in your head is FAR from the harsh reality of rushing into parenthood especially for a guy as naive and short-sighted as u are. be a man and make the necessary tough choice. the girl is right, find a hospital and get the abortion pills. she swallows and this madness is over.

from the part in italics, it's obvious you're a story teller, the ones that are drawn to drama. this will overwhelm u eventually, fantasy is a liar, the attention u crave will come and u wont like it. dont fvck up you life and dont fvck up a young girl's life with your weakness of mind. encourage her to get the abortion and for god's sake ALWAYS use a condom!!!

You're not considering the possibility of complications that can come with abortion. They should take responsibility for their actions.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Surulady: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2018
Zoharariel:
Do not allow her abort the pregnancy. Get her mother's phone number without her consent and text her the following:

"Dear Mrs. so so & so,

Blessings of the kingdom to you & your family in Jesus name. In this end times, all have sinned & have come short of the glory of God.

Your beautiful & virtuous daughter (insert her name here e.g Ada) is pregnant and contemplating abortion.

The bible warns us against abortion in Psalm 127: 3 - "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring - a reward from him"

I am ready to take full responsibility. May Jehovah Selichot - "God of Forgiveness" forgive us our sins - Amen!"

Now, after sending her this sms, switch off your phone for 3days and inform one of your Uncles about this incident.

You can never go to jail because of this. Ari iru eleyi ri, a fi n deru ba oloro nii. grin
You are a counselor pls dm your contact I need to talk to you personally God bless you @poster if you do any other thing contrary to this hmmmm May God help you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2018
oolongtea:

look at all the bolded parts. dude, you're being really childish and impractical. the idea of cute fatherhood u have in your head is FAR from the harsh reality of rushing into parenthood especially for a guy as naive and short-sighted as u are. be a man and make the necessary tough choice. the girl is right, find a hospital and get the abortion pills. she swallows and this madness is over.

from the part in italics, it's obvious you're a story teller, the ones that are drawn to drama. this will overwhelm u eventually, fantasy is a liar, the attention u crave will come and u wont like it. dont fvck up you life and dont fvck up a young girl's life with your weakness of mind. encourage her to get the abortion and for god's sake ALWAYS use a condom!!!
actually 22 and 28 is plenty adult and the day they were weak enough to have sex outside marriage was the day they altered their lives forever.

Mr op, the choice is yours but doing the right thing is what will really work for you.
Don't be surprised, if she eventually goes on with the abortion and complications arise, she will claim it was all your fault. That is double wahala

Even condoms aren't 100 percent safe, please people, stay away from premarital sex and multiple partners
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by adetes: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2018
Lazy youth

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2018
pocohantas:
I honestly do not support involving her parents without her consent. That would be blackmailing her into keeping the baby.

An uncle pulled that stunt with a girl years back. She kept the baby and they got married. For years she kept reminding him how he disorganised her life. She hated him so much.
After those years, she left him.

She has to make that decision herself.
It is funny that some ladies would be hell bent on aborting with/without the prospective father's consent, but when they decide to keep it against his wish, he must be ready for fatherhood or else! grin

Hmmmm.. very deep..
What's for lunch?
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by suraaj(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2018
Where do stay, if you are around Ibadan your problem would have been over because I will connect you with the dude that helped me when I was in your kind of situation,hire a fake white garment church member and he will pretend to come across your woman by accident and have a message for her, he will deliver a fake message that god sent him to her not to involve in anything about abortion for her or anybody close to her because he see sudden death. He will then pray for a minute and say ALAFIA FUN O ARABINRIN.she will offer small change he should not collect to make it more authentic.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Trybes(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2018
appsdope:
Let her abort it. Or do you want her to be a baby mama? A lot of children today will prefer not being born than their current situations. Let her abort it. It's not the end of the world. Get a good clinic and go do it there.
Say NO to abortion. Nobody would wish he/she was aborted. No matter the circumstances don't take a life.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Positive13: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2018
Pls don't abort the baby.babies are gift from God,have bn trying to have one for the past 3 year being married 4 almost for years and here u are thinking of abortion.
Okay if u feel u have no need for the baby.pls Lets have have a deal,give birth to the baby and sell to me for 2M.rethink and keep UR baby pls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by MarieSucre(f): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2018
adetoroamos:
i do, the guy want her to keep the pregnancy and d lady insist of aborting it. if no me I will tell her to do anything that's okay with her and if she terminate it then I will block and unfriend her asap.
she doesn't have to be raped to not want a baby. The highest number of abortions in Nigeria are carried out by married women. Go ask any doctor. People just don't want to keep children they don't want. Can't you understand this.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by MarieSucre(f): 10:10am On Jul 29, 2018
CSTR1005:

She was not raped.

She should have been more protective of her future since her boyfriend obviously does not care.

She doesn't have to be raped to not want the child. Why do you care if she doesn't? Are you going to carry the child for her?
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Wonberi(m): 10:18am On Jul 29, 2018
talking from experience, no matter how you convince her, even with a ring, she will do it. then later regret it. even thou both of you are responsible for the consequence...
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by ennon92(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

I'm happy that he turned out great, but there are thousands of "children" who live in ghettos and will never be great, using this one instance is pretty much the definition of "Confirmation Bias"
it all boils down to the clime we found ourselves, Nigeria as a case study is just not helping matters.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2018
Jazmiynne:

The Bible explicitly stated "FLEE from Fornication!" 1Corinthians 6:18 1 Corinthians 10:8 Ephesians 5:3
It cannot be in support of fornication at all.

Read the 10 commandments.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by pacificom: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

The aspect of parental concern is minor on this matter but you have to be sure that you both handle this situation maturely and that can really consolidate your love at the end. Meanwhile it is important that you both consent to the idea of having a child that you are prepared to care for, but not to push responsibilitIies on your parents. I will further advice that you should not force your girlfriend to keep the pregnancy. That can end up in her future regret and may lead to both of you separating prematurely after having a child in a relationship. Your girlfriend is still young and could be naive to comprehend to the idea of settling down with a man too soon. I guess what she has in her mind now is to focus on her study and I want you to respect her opinion provided you truly love her and want her for your future. Meanwhile make sure you consult an experienced doctor who can help you with a safe abortion. Make sure you also seek for advise on contraceptive to prevent unwanted pregnancy in a relationship. Please Bear in mind that pregnancy is not a pathway to marriage, but vise versa. You still have work to do on your relationship till you both mature into marriage. If the result of your laboratory test indicate pregnancy, you must act fast before it is too late. Good luck!!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

she doesn't have to be raped to not want a baby. The highest number of abortions in Nigeria are carried out by married women. Go ask any doctor. People just don't want to keep children they don't want. Can't you understand this.
it is the married ones gan gan that go for abortions that are extremely stupid
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by CSTR1005: 11:12am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

She doesn't have to be raped to not want the child. Why do you care if she doesn't? Are you going to carry the child for her?
I actually don't care.

It was someone that brought the case here for other people's opinion.

I don't care about deliberate idiots. The consequences of their idiocy are theirs alone to carry.

And I am not asking her to keep the child either. My grouse is that she got herself pregnant for an idiot who doesn't care that pregnancy is not what is best for her.
Don't misunderstand me, madam.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by aishatmusah(f): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2018
Ma2seater:
How did you know the pregnancy is yours? These girls ain't loyal, bro!

The guy is looking for advice and some persons are trying to make the issue complicated.
If na your blood d girl be and she happens to report to u that her bf whom she is pregnant for asked if he owns the pregnancy, Shebi u go happy?
Ozuo
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by BlackBarbie007(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2018
Look bro, I was in this same situation this month, but luckily for me, she had a miscarriage or maybe she lied about it, I dunno and dont care, but when she told me she was pregnant, abortion seemed d best thing to do, I am 25 and she is 23. She never wanted to abort it cos she loved me dat much and wouldn't mind having my child BUT i had to make a decision, if I had told her to abort, she wud have but I didn't, she said she wanted to keep it and I said fine. the thought procreation, having my own child overwhelmed me, I was in a bittersweet situation, I thought about wen d child will b 4,5,6 years and I'll b playing with him or her and it excited me but now DAT d baby ain't der no more, I'm thinking about all DAT cud have gone wrong and am wondering if I would have been able to cater for this child.
my point is, let her do d abortion, its her decision remember, just make sure that there's a proof that u never wanted her to do d abortion.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by 2odd(m): 11:25am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

If anything goes wrong during childbirth only the woman will DIE and be BURIED.
Auntie !! It's early Sunday morning ,every woman will or may undergo childbirth ,not every one do an abortion, reason with your brain sometime, statically a large number of ladies die or have serious health complications like damaged womb during abortions. Guess you know that already
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by cyndyuc(f): 11:25am On Jul 29, 2018
As a lady, I feel your gf is scared of the stigma that comes with pregnancy outside marriage. If you are buoyant enough and ready for marriage then propose to her and have a low key wedding. If you're not ready for marriage yet, inform your parents about the pregnancy and let them take the necessary step of seeing her parents. Try and convince her to keep the pregnancy. So many women are married without kids. Pregnancy is not easy to achieve, let her count herself lucky to be pregnant. I believe God has a purpose for allowing that baby to be conceived. Dear poster, no abortion please....convince her....assure her you will support her and ensure she completes her education with good grades....... Its not going to be easy but if she aborts that innocent child, she will live to regret it...it's murder!!!!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by jaybohi: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2018
Don't try to abort the pregnancy as nemesis has caught up with u guy. All things been equal,have faith the Lord will assist u
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Housing(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

She's also playing with present death. Maternal mortality rate is high in Nigeria.

You sound like a prophet of doom I have read all your comments in respect of the subject matter and its all negative.

You keep mentioning 22years, her education and her life as the abortion is a sure safe process. Your types believe she has not enjoy her life and have enough fun in her twenties, but most of your likes ends up in Shiloh and night of miracles.

You think I am hash with my words, that will be the consequences of those your wrong, pessimistic ideas. Feminism is not about fun and be freedom.

There is no total freedom in life, for any sensible, reliable and responsible individual.

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Housing(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
oolongtea:

boy, how old are u? u have to learn to stop embarrassing yourself.. he should get her mother's number without her consent and talk your quoted trash. "her mother" "my people". once this child is here, mother becomes the girl in question here who does not want this child and father becomes this 28yr old who is obviously unprepared to be a father but is carried away with the wishful euphoria of the idea of having a cute newborn without factoring in cold hard facts into what it takes to bring a child here and how life will NEVER be the same after this and all the risk and all that could go wrong that one has to accept as far as a newborn is concerned.
this "her mother" you're talking of, maybe your nigerian parents traumatized u so u cant understand the concept of adult independence but everybody lives it. this girl's life will not revolve around her mother's sentiments and the responsibility this dude is foolishly jumping into without properly weighing will not be eased by her mother's moans and sighs in future. and the level of disrespect for this girl to suggest he should contact her mother without her consent. u obviously dont respect women and u are not very bright. if u were, u would weigh in the tremendous responsibility of parenthood and realize that if something this serious is attempted to be done by cutting corners with the number 1 person involved, then it wont end well for anyone and it's a sign to abort mission. it's like russia planning a war that vladmir putin knows nothing about, it will backfire. stop underestimating the importance of what this girl chooses to do about this.

u know what life is like for the average nigerian. imagine that life with a mother who hates u from her whole heart. u ppl have to be careful the advices u give and the spiritual consequences it will have in the long run. bringing innocent souls here that will curse the ones who brought them into such an unfair circumstance and u'll be somewhere saying but your hands are clean while life fvcks u shege. u'd probably pee yourself in joy if given a south african visa just so u can escape nigeria yet here u are suggesting an unstable 28 yr old boy should usher in a baby into a hard life with a 22 yr old girl he's dated for a very short time who absolutely does not want the pregnancy.
i am yet to see one of the keep-the-baby crusaders ask this boy what he does, how much he earns, what his living condition is like, the distance b/w him and the gf, what his realistic plans are for this child, if he plans to marry the mother, if the mother wants to marry him, if he does not plan to marry the mother.. who does he think will, if he loves the child so much why is he ok with the possibility of another man raising him if the mother marries someone else, what are their genotypes, has it ever crossed his mind the child could be born disabled, does he have a child-friendly environment to raise a child in the current nigerian climate(corruption, sexual abuse, kidnaps)

just goat-ish sentimental advices of keep it that wont matter in the long run and will keep everyone miserable and always hoping. the way u think is not what works and the ones who built countries that u would love to go to wouldnt have such great countries if they refuse to apply logic like u. why didnt u suggest he transfer the pregnancy to the girl's mother so he can kuku leave the girl out of the whole thing since u're already suggesting he leave her out of it when she can literally not be left out of it except she gets an abortion. mtchew

Please calm down, 28 vs 22 is one of the perfect age for a man and woman. You have analysed things to take into consideration and have seen a thread were the the op confirmed his new promotion on his present job. Few days ago we read about newly wedded couple both in their mid thirties complaint about expenditures. Life is about challenges, problems and solutions.

As good as you analysed things to considered before marriage you've equally demonized early marriage in present day Nigeria. Whereas those that married late keep regretting wasted opportunities. I am forty plus, happily married over a decade with children. I have more than three friends who have encourages their then girl friends/fiancé to have abortions. Today all of them later married those particular girls and are still praying to have a child of their own.

You can struggle and raised your hustle to make money, but making babies is a rare gift from God. You may talk of IVF, go and find out the cost and chances rates. I live in a neighborhood where we have some IVF clinics. Some friends and acquaintance are so patrons.

It is good as you prepare the ops mind for the challenge, but is a good and better challenge to take on, compare to the only alternative which is abortion.

2 Likes

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
I actually rushed to see if twas peradventure Iamairforce.

op nice one, own up and be a man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / Fire Kills Family Of Seven In Lagos Apartment / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.