Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (36109 Views)

His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Ex Wife Wants To Kill My Pregnant Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by oismail(m): 6:22am On Jul 29, 2018
Go straight to het mum
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by poyebad: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2018
Lucky you. Your girlfriend wants to abort for you. She is not even trying to tie you down.
Lucky devil.

praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

C: Both of us come from a very strick family.

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

What is just the best way to report myself?

I need your advice's urgently please, coz we are doing the test this afternoon.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by DonBenny77(m): 6:28am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:
Its not yet confirmed but we are suspecting pregnancy. I am 28yrs of age and my girl is 22years. We started dating not too long. We made love sometime last month and she missed her perioed. We used strip and it shows she is pregnant. We will go for a proper test today to confirm. Now here are the issues disturbing me:

A: She wants abortion but I don't want that: she's a student, hence keeping it will be complicated for her.

B: I have been thinking of ways to convince her but she's adamant, abortion is the best for her. Please more ideas for me on how to convince her. And if I successfully convince her to keep the pregnancy, how do we go about this?

D: I am still thinking of how to report myself to her family. I could end up in police station tho. Do I go straight to see her parents (suicidal), do I go tell their pastor so we could find a way to break it to her parents. Do I go tro her parents siblings?

Just summon morale and confide in your father, you don marry wife be that

Naso marriage dey start these days......�

For real bro your parents need that baby
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

You obviously didn't read the write up.
i do, the guy want her to keep the pregnancy and d lady insist of aborting it. if no me I will tell her to do anything that's okay with her and if she terminate it then I will block and unfriend her asap.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by mctons: 6:39am On Jul 29, 2018
duduade:
A cheap pack of condoms which goes for less than #500 would have saved you all these issues...
Your nemesis just started!!!!

Hahaha, your fada...your reply ehhh just compounded the mumu woes
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by popcykaylah(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

It's strict bro not strick. Besides when you both knew you weren't ready why didn't youuse condoms. Besides at 28 your parents are still bullying you around? There's nothing wrong in being pregnant and schooling. If she doesnt wanna keep it bros you no fit force her ,why not do the right thing and marry her to convince are you are serious
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by yoyouyou(f): 6:46am On Jul 29, 2018
Restroom:
A student midwife, came to my office one day in July 2017.She was pregnant and wore a ring. She gave me the impression she was married. When she came, she was broke and wanted to do a seminar work. I did it for her, n didn't press for money when she said she would give me some other day. What I didn't know, was that she was under intense pressure psychologically and hungry. She kept sizing me and trying to read me. Well, she went for her seminar and some days, she came back with my money. Some how, she found my company relaxing. So she kept coming around. Around DEC last year she delivered a baby girl.

Around March this year, she finally opened up to me about her pregnancy and baby. You know why I am relating this story? She was impregnated by a staff of UBTH school of midwifery. The guy was mad with the girl for allowing herself to become pregnant.

He wanted abortion, but girl said no way. So, he cut her off. To reduce attention on herself, she started wearing ring in her hand, so when her lecturers saw her , they thought she was married. She told her parents what happened, and they came to gbege the guy. He told the girl s parent he can't marry a girl like her and insulted her badly. Threatened her, not to bring the child to him, that he won't accept. He said she was free to do anything, but he will never accept the child because he has a girl he wants to marry.

She also told me that, when, she finally delivered, it was the guy's NHIS she used to pay for her delivery in UBTH. As difficult, as the period was for her, she said it was her Christian friends encouragement and support that pulled her through that trial.She also thanked me for encouraging her.

She is in Warri now....finally graduated from school of midwifery. last time I saw the baby in early June, she was big n beautiful. Good enough, her parents have been of support to her in caring for the baby.It appears the girl's mother is happy with baby been around.

Now, this girl made the right decision to keep the baby and she is happier for it today. What's my point, tell your girl to keep the baby...it is not the end of the world.

My friend attended classes with pregnancies, gave birth and completed her program.

Her conscience is clean and clear, because she didn't commit abortion.

Many people think that commit formication is smart
When unwanted pregnancies results, they reason that abortion, done in secret, to conceal the acts of fornication is smarter

so the system keep breeding a world full of fornicators and child murderers...breakers of God's command.

Fornication is already enough

Just Dont add murder to it !

Tell your girl to show respect for Jehovah God, you, her reproductive ability and the unborn baby in her womb, which is a gift from God.

And you, stay from fornication till you are ready to marry!

I share your views. Though I don't support fornication or sex outside marriage, once it happens and pregnancy happens, please keep it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Rider23: 6:53am On Jul 29, 2018
Allow her decide on what to do first.. If she agrees on keeping it.. Let her tell her mother, who in turn knows how to tell her father.. You tell your own parents after she has told hers.. There is nothing u can do if she really wants an abortion, cos she might do it without telling anyone
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by BabylonCruise(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

You didn't even mention your plans for the future if she eventually keeps the child.
You are here worried about abortion when U are yet to tells if you want her for a wife or a Babymama.
You need wisdom not advice.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by sexy74(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

My brother as her a simple question if her parents aborted her, will she have been around to take this decision?
I know it will be difficult, but she has to keep the baby. She will always be grateful she kept the baby in some years to come.
Ye deed has been don then face your fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by daddyfreeman1(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2018
YOU ARE HEARTLESS,YOU WANT HER TO ABORT A CHILD YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE OR SHE WILL BECOME IN THE FUTURE,THE BABY MIGHT MAKE THE GIRL AND GUY A RICH PEOPLE TOMORROW,YOU ARE WICKED DO YOU KNOW IT'S A COURSE,IT MIGHT AFFECT THEM IN THE FUTRE IF HE ADVICE THE GIRL TO DO THAT,PLEASE DONT ADVICE ANYONE TO ABORT A CHILD
appsdope:
Let her abort it. Or do you want her to be a baby mama? A lot of children today will prefer not being born than their current situations. Let her abort it. It's not the end of the world. Get a good clinic and go do it there.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by daddyfreeman1(m): 7:01am On Jul 29, 2018
THAT BABY MIGHT BE HER SOURCE OF RICHES AND YOURS ALSO SO TRY HARD AND PREVENT HER FROM ABORTING NTHE CHILD,SHE MIGHT ABORT IT ,NOIW, IN THE FUTURE SHE WILL NOT BEAR ANY CHILD THAT WILL BE THE OUTCOME OF THE ABORTION SHE DID WHEN SHE WAS SINGLE
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by lawquery: 7:10am On Jul 29, 2018
Nedfed:
You deserve to be jail

1. When u both are doing it u do not think of pastor messages every sunday? " that sex before marriage is a sin"
Now it happen u need the same pastor help abi shocked

2. You no her parents are strict yet u went on and impregnate her? Noooooo nooooo

3. She's still a student right and u want to end her career just because of 3min enjoyment?
Bros u no try@ all

4. She's pregnant now and you want my advice right? When u dey bang the pvssy u call me? When u dey suck the boobs u call me? When u dey press the yash (butt) u call me?

Bros u must be punish I swear.

No mind am.. If you were in charge while banging her into becoming pregnant.you should take responsibility for the baby. Man up and do the needful
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Azam101: 7:11am On Jul 29, 2018
Go to police station to report ur self period.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by mctons: 7:14am On Jul 29, 2018
Nedfed:
You deserve to be jail

1. When u both are doing it u do not think of pastor messages every sunday? " that sex before marriage is a sin"
Now it happen u need the same pastor help abi shocked

2. You no her parents are strict yet u went on and impregnate her? Noooooo nooooo

3. She's still a student right and u want to end her career just because of 3min enjoyment?
Bros u no try@ all

4. She's pregnant now and you want my advice right? When u dey bang the pvssy u call me? When u dey suck the boobs u call me? When u dey press the yash (butt) u call me?

Bros u must be punish I swear.

He didn't call me too.
1. Dude self no get job
2. The economy too is hard to survive.
3. Cost of baby up keep is high.
4. House rent, feeding, bills
5. Mother's school fees to continue her education

The reality of life. The product of bleeping illegality.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by duehi(f): 7:18am On Jul 29, 2018
Please do not abort that baby. There is nothing new under the sun. Let her know that it makes no sense to correct a mistake with another mistake. Pray about it and inform your parents. They will have a better strategy on how to approach her parents. Her stance now is based on fear. I hope you have a steady source of income? May the Lord guide you aright.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by bedspread: 7:27am On Jul 29, 2018
appsdope:
Let her abort it. Or do you want her to be a baby mama? A lot of children today will prefer not being born than their current situations. Let her abort it. It's not the end of the world. Get a good clinic and go do it there.
If you take this Wicked Advice, it will Hunt u for Ever....
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by bedspread: 7:30am On Jul 29, 2018
oolongtea:

look at all the bolded parts. dude, you're being really childish and impractical. the idea of cute fatherhood u have in your head is FAR from the harsh reality of rushing into parenthood especially for a guy as naive and short-sighted as u are. be a man and make the necessary tough choice. the girl is right, find a hospital and get the abortion pills. she swallows and this madness is over.

from the part in italics, it's obvious you're a story teller, the ones that are drawn to drama. this will overwhelm u eventually, fantasy is a liar, the attention u crave will come and u wont like it. dont fvck up you life and dont fvck up a young girl's life with your weakness of mind. encourage her to get the abortion and for god's sake ALWAYS use a condom!!!
With an Advice as this and the encouragements given , THIS GENERATION IS A WASTED GENERATION

1 Like

Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by hatedisplace: 7:43am On Jul 29, 2018
Restroom:
I must appreciate you bro, for being straight and not considering abortion.

Honestly, it is the best and right thing u done so far and should maintain as u go ahead.

In 2000, my elder did abortion.

My mom supported it but they kept my father in the dark.

Fast forward to July 2018, then I was 18 years old. I'm married now. But my elder bro, is not married.

Now, if he kept the baby, the boy would have been 18 years now.

So, Dont make any one rap you into accepting abortion.

Abortion is murder.

Exodus 20: 13 says
You must not murder

If your lady wants to make you a murderer, by committing abortion, well

you have 2 choices

agree
or
disagree

If you agree to abortion, O boy....your life will never remain the same again. The guilt of killing your own child will be with u till you die.

If you are comfortable with that, sign up to it, knowing, you have stolen Gods property, which you as a human being can't give back.

Now, if choose not to go down that road with her, it is perfectly fine. Dont listen to so many evil advise.

Do what is right.

Tell her abortion is murder
Tell her that it is your child
If she loves you, she will keep it
And that if she makes the decision to abort it, it is her decision not yours
that she will have to live with the guilt

for the rest of her life
mind u, if she aborts once for u, she will abort again and again

As for me,

I cannot keep a relationship with a girl that goes ahead and abort my child

no way!
No matter what excuse anybody gives, that heart is wicked!

As for me, I will tell her,
if you abort , just know that we are through!

all this your talk no contain the fact that the boy just want to turn her to baby mama. If he wants the girl to keep the pregnancy her should marry her. Simple as ABC. No too much talk.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by adegeye38(m): 7:46am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

First and foremost, go give ur life to Christ, u need him in ur life, ur girlfriend should do dat also and whatever u do dont abort
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by perdollar(m): 7:48am On Jul 29, 2018
when u dey fvck her, u call me? now wahala don come u want advice! zuzuru si eba kpoo ki ta ki ta! ewu, akpamu!
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by LastDays777: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2018
Restroom:
I must appreciate you bro, for being straight and not considering abortion.

Honestly, it is the best and right thing u done so far and should maintain as u go ahead.

In 2000, my elder did abortion.

My mom supported it but they kept my father in the dark.

Fast forward to July 2018, then I was 18 years old. I'm married now. But my elder bro, is not married.

Now, if he kept the baby, the boy would have been 18 years now.

So, Dont make any one rap you into accepting abortion.

Abortion is murder.

Exodus 20: 13 says
You must not murder

If your lady wants to make you a murderer, by committing abortion, well

you have 2 choices

agree
or
disagree

If you agree to abortion, O boy....your life will never remain the same again. The guilt of killing your own child will be with u till you die.

If you are comfortable with that, sign up to it, knowing, you have stolen Gods property, which you as a human being can't give back.

Now, if choose not to go down that road with her, it is perfectly fine. Dont listen to so many evil advise.

Do what is right.

Tell her abortion is murder
Tell her that it is your child
If she loves you, she will keep it
And that if she makes the decision to abort it, it is her decision not yours
that she will have to live with the guilt

for the rest of her life
mind u, if she aborts once for u, she will abort again and again

As for me,

I cannot keep a relationship with a girl that goes ahead and abort my child

no way!
No matter what excuse anybody gives, that heart is wicked!

As for me, I will tell her,
if you abort , just know that we are through!

Thanks for that reply
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by duduade: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2018
mctons:

Hahaha, your fada...your reply ehhh just compounded the mumu woes

Loool
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by duduade: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Its 25 naira per condom sir.

So #100 would have avoided this
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by LastDays777: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Restroom:
A student midwife, came to my office one day in July 2017.She was pregnant and wore a ring. She gave me the impression she was married. When she came, she was broke and wanted to do a seminar work. I did it for her, n didn't press for money when she said she would give me some other day. What I didn't know, was that she was under intense pressure psychologically and hungry. She kept sizing me and trying to read me. Well, she went for her seminar and some days, she came back with my money. Some how, she found my company relaxing. So she kept coming around. Around DEC last year she delivered a baby girl.

Around March this year, she finally opened up to me about her pregnancy and baby. You know why I am relating this story? She was impregnated by a staff of UBTH school of midwifery. The guy was mad with the girl for allowing herself to become pregnant.

He wanted abortion, but girl said no way. So, he cut her off. To reduce attention on herself, she started wearing ring in her hand, so when her lecturers saw her , they thought she was married. She told her parents what happened, and they came to gbege the guy. He told the girl s parent he can't marry a girl like her and insulted her badly. Threatened her, not to bring the child to him, that he won't accept. He said she was free to do anything, but he will never accept the child because he has a girl he wants to marry.

She also told me that, when, she finally delivered, it was the guy's NHIS she used to pay for her delivery in UBTH. As difficult, as the period was for her, she said it was her Christian friends encouragement and support that pulled her through that trial.She also thanked me for encouraging her.

She is in Warri now....finally graduated from school of midwifery. last time I saw the baby in early June, she was big n beautiful. Good enough, her parents have been of support to her in caring for the baby.It appears the girl's mother is happy with baby been around.

Now, this girl made the right decision to keep the baby and she is happier for it today. What's my point, tell your girl to keep the baby...it is not the end of the world.

My friend attended classes with pregnancies, gave birth and completed her program.

Her conscience is clean and clear, because she didn't commit abortion.

Many people think that commit formication is smart
When unwanted pregnancies results, they reason that abortion, done in secret, to conceal the acts of fornication is smarter

so the system keep breeding a world full of fornicators and child murderers...breakers of God's command.

Fornication is already enough

Just Dont add murder to it !

Tell your girl to show respect for Jehovah God, you, her reproductive ability and the unborn baby in her womb, which is a gift from God.

And you, stay from fornication till you are ready to marry!

God bless you.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by duduade: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2018
OMOTOWO:
na so una talk for here when my gf got pregnant then..we are married n we are feeling good now with our kid...stop discouraging guys/ladies who fall into this kind of mess..We all have our flaws and we pray we rise up..You av your own problem too n your problem for now can't last forever .You will definitely overcome it one day

What happened to abstaining?? Didn't you read where he said she said she wasn't ready yet? But she ready to have sex abi... All I am saying is start having sex and be prepared for the repercussions especially when both parties ain't matured enough
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Sammye(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

My family isn't the issue.. The won't have choice than to accept my decision after the insults.. She's hellbent on abortion, and I am not comfortable with that.. Too risky for me,..convincing her is the issue here then the best way to bring myself to her family. The pregnancy is 4weeks old
Am not meant to judge, who judgement epp now, anyway as for convincing her, since she's too adamant like u said, letting her family know is ur best shot. They won't kill as u ar ready to take responsibility, but if u later yield to her plan and anything happens, her family will roast u. You have started being a man, so be a man to the end.
Thank God you not considering Abortion.
God help, dear
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by toprealman: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2018
duduade:
A cheap pack of condoms which goes for less than #500 would have saved you all these issues...
Your nemesis just started!!!!
#100 bro...bet you have not bought one in a very long time bro.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by livinbygrace: 8:05am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

My brother,Children are blessings from God and once a lady abort for you,she will do it again and again,and your life will be miserable.You will definately regret it later in life.My ex aborted without my consent many years ago and till date am i regreting her action,So i dont support abortion.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 29, 2018
Show her the moneyshocked shocked shocked
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by CSTR1005: 8:09am On Jul 29, 2018
MarieSucre:

How did you turn this whole thing to still blame the girl?? Na wa o.
She was not raped.

She should have been more protective of her future since her boyfriend obviously does not care.
Re: My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? by amacastel: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2018
praxs:

Propose to her, go see her parents, collect list of marriage requirement, pay her dowry, take her to church Wed her, then proceed to registry go sign dotted line marriage certificate with her then she becomes your wife trust me with this she won't abort it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? / Lady Calls Out Her Husband, Pius Angbo, A Staff Of Channels TV, For Beating Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.