Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. (20139 Views)

Car Ac Fix Back To Factory Specs <abuja> No Convertion All Car Makes / Lagos State Government Has Taken Delivery Of New BRT Buses With Awesome Specs / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by thebigkendo(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
explorers is nowhere to be found.

he is still dumbfounded when oluwaseunla is passing by.

Oluwaseunla: is this your vehicle?

Kamaru: no, it is for a customer, I came to buy a part with it.

Oluwaseunla points to an office at the end of the road. go to that office, you will see Lag Taskforce there, they removed plates on all the cars for street parking.

Kamaru places a call to yusuf, and explains what happened. Yusuf tells him not to worry that it is a family matter, and he should go there and give the officer in charge the phone.

Kamaru gets there. Explains him self to deedee44, and gives him the phone to talk to to yusuf, they talk for 3mins and yusuf is handed the plates back.

he goes back to the car, installs the coils, as he is doing so, nwizu042 and Marpol approach the working mechanic... owo working permit da?......

After all the wahala of ladipo, he takes the car back to yusuf.

Yusuf uses the car for another 1week, with varying problems he finally replaces the the remaining 2 coils packs.

After getting tired of the almost every other day work on the car, Kamaru tells yusuf he will open the engine and replace the top Gasket. At that point, yusuf decides to sell the car, He is contemplating on how to do it, when he shares the idea of selling the car with ejembi28 his co-worker and he tells him how he sold his problematic car in a couple of hours at a good price.
he directs him to 54srac, Yusuf's cleans up the car and takes it to Kamaru for another session of tweaking (without touching the gasket) , he drives to one of the inspection centers and is met by cardoctor who inspects the car, takes it on a spin and makes him a mouth wittering offer... Kamaru takes the offer and the deal is concluded in 45hours

slamstanlee Buys the car from 54srac and gives it to stacyadams to use on uber. Stacyadams returns the car to factory specs, and the engine knocks in 3days of use.

Uncle gets a Honda accord V6 2010 model, he goes straigh to Kamaru to tropicalize the vehicle and change the engine oil to 20w50.

The engine knocks Gear spoil after 6months of use on his way to ilorin.

the end.

Now let's discuss what happened to both cars? Have you ever been in any of these situations?

the floor is open to every one.

I don't think tropicalizing + 20w-50 will knock the 2010 accord engine angry angry

Your story neva finish tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

I don't think tropicalizing + 20w-50 will knock the 2010 accord engine angry angry

Your story neva finish tongue tongue

Catalyst Got blocked tongue
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by thebigkendo(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Catalyst Got blocked tongue

Okay oh.. The moral of the story is..

Returning back to factory spec is not just replacing thermostat & connecting fan back to fan switch/CT sensor.
And Diportivo no try too oh... Na him finish Uncle Yusuf motor tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by seunoj: 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Boss, enjoyed the story. This one fit form comedy skit o.

This episodes is a composite report of your experiences with different people on ur advice to return to factory specs. Subsequent discussion will indeed be helpful.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

Returning back to factory spec is not just replacing thermostat & connecting fan back to fan switch/CT sensor.

He is a confirmed killer grin

Waiting to hear more experiences then we take it up a notch

3 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by opomulero(m): 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
help me say something on this pls

opomulero:
i recently bought honda accord 2003 eod 9ja used, i noticed that the fan is direct, i asked for the history and no history of overheating but why is d fan direct, the seller said cos of nigeria temperature and they told him honda doesnt like high temp like 9ja temp. everything sha pra pra for the car sha, d car still use the single cell radiator and when AC is ON the rpm drops to like 600 rpm.

i wanted to restore d fan back and change to double cell radiator (reason why i wanted to do it was cos in 2013 i bought a tokunbo nissan 03 with single cell radiator but b4 i drove d car from lagos to ibadan, the radiator bursted at the top, and popular kamoru advices direct fan and double radiator, but ibrefused d direct fan and changed d radiator to double cell only, and d car is performing till ds moment)

pls advice on what to do to the honda accord.

thank you
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by DuchessLily(f): 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
oblo! Oblo! Where is this security guard when you need him?

Don't worry I will open the gate for you, thanks for coming, I will test the car very well today, I will be going to ijanikin, and back.

dipo: ok sir.

Uncle thank you o Madam axamansard, I will come to your office when I buy a new car you hear.

Axamansard: if you say so sir, but start with this one, you can even pay twice.

Uncle: ok o! Bye, as Dipo leaves the house.

uncle: Readone35L please remove those bags of water in the boot and take to the house, fill up the 4liter gallon and put in the trunk.

uncle starts the car and he notices blue white smoke from the exhaust.

Lol... Oblo u asked for it cheesy
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by opomulero(m): 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
what is the real thing to do about this tropicalizing of engine thing.

what is the norm?
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by emmancecute(m): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
The car as been running on 20w50 for only God knows when, fans have also been running permanently too, changes from 20w50 to synthetic was the killer. Cylinder have been compromised already, so oil change only added petrol to fire. Engine was burning the synthetic oil easily cos of the light weight, head gasket was burnt too due to overheating problems hence the mixture of coolant and oil and the blueish white smoke from the tail pipe. The only true remedy was for uncle to get Tokunbo engine and maintain factory specifications. I'm not a mechanic ooo, just tips I learnt from bros Gazzuzz articles so I might be wrong.

3 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by stacyadams: 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
if you find the story line interesting, can I get some likes here cool

Story will be concluded today.
abeg carry d story come our thread..Laff don kill me
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by dasphinx1(m): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

To me, i dont think Diportivo is totally at fault. If Dipo decided to go all the way in returning to factory specs, i beleive say Uncle for no gree because of the price rate. Recollect that he has had a little bit of resevation for Dipo fixing his car(oyinbo speaking mechanic). Besides, we dont even know if Uncle eventually paid the 80k wey him been owe Dipo.... My opinion though
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by thebigkendo(m): 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
dasphinx1:

To me, i dont think Diportivo is totally at fault. If Dipo decided to go all the way in returning to factory specs, i beleive say Uncle for no gree because of the price rate. Recollect that he has had a little bit of resevation for Dipo fixing his car(oyinbo speaking mechanic). Besides, we dont even know if Uncle eventually paid the 80k wey him been owe Dipo.... My opinion though

Well you are assuming... Uncle no go gree.. Dipo should have offered to go all the way.. Let uncle no gree.. Instead of assuming uncle no go gree..

The part where Dipo gave uncle 1 litre of Americana oil, Dipo should know the car burnt the oil or external leakage..

1 Like

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by darmilolah(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
No doubt Oga Gazzuss decided to put his day to day experience in writing. I remember I also called him Oyinbo speaking mechanic. Lol

I must say it's not easy to return car to factory. Your pocket will most likely bleed. I have tried it. I was almost there but later got tired of spending and I give up.

My check light and Abs light still look at me everytime and me sef throwaway face.

I know the cause of the check light and the abs light but I am so tired spending.

The check light is 02 sensor while the abs is one sensor that is bad.

5 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by seyema(m): 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
If nollywood people see this story ehn, them fit turn am to movie o

4 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by dasphinx1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
thebigkendo:

Well you are assuming... Uncle no go gree.. Dipo should have offered to go all the way.. Let uncle no gree.. Instead of assuming uncle no go gree..

[/b][b][/b]The part where Dipo gave uncle 1 litre of Americana oil, Dipo should know the car burnt the oil or external leakage[b]..

Hmmm.... true that.
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by thebigkendo(m): 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
After I returned to factory spec.. I checked my oil/coolant level every morning before I go out for like 2 weeks grin grin.. Thank God no be Dipo do my return cool cool

My car also consumed the Americana oil (AF synthetic mobil 1) grin grin, Like 1 litre per 2k miles.
So after 2 oil changes I downgraded to Synthetic blend..
Next oil change I am thinking of trying out Mineral oil(recommended weight).

3 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by opomulero(m): 5:48am On Aug 06, 2018
darmilolah, pls av u ever changed ur 02 sensors or i decided not to change them.

cos i have a car like that showing d 2 02 sensors were bad, but the car has been touched by kamoru d meco

darmilolah:
No doubt Oga Gazzuss decided to put his day to day experience in writing. I remember I also called him Oyinbo speaking mechanic. Lol

I must say it's not easy to return car to factory. Your pocket will most likely bleed. I have tried it. I was almost there but later got tired of spending and I give up.

My check light and Abs light still look at me everytime and me sef throwaway face.

I know the cause of the check light and the abs light but I am so tired spending.

The check light is 02 sensor while the abs is one sensor that is bad.
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by mustydeen(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2018
I for one do not advise to return to factory spec depending on years of abuse. Use the engine till it gives up.

I have had case of using recommended oil in a car that has been using mineral oil for years. With sludge so bad that the synthetic oil begin wash wetin no consign am, car begins to smoke, oil pump failure. My brother, the tale wasn't great.

If the abuse is recent, factory reset is good. If not, Oyo ni o.

Latest cars wouldn't even wait for such raping before they give up. Some will enter safe mode.

I had a QX56 that 20w50 was used for oil change. Didn't even have up to 40,000 miles. Owned by one of the Senators in South South, this SUV will just start misfiring from no where. Looses power,. It will steam fine when u unplug and unplug the airflow meter.

Did a scan. Revealed oil pressure low. And vvt sensors malfunction. Long and short. Oil was the problem o.

After months of change change. When it got to changing the oil pump. Then we thought omor. Wa o.

0w20 was used, and all the Wahalla of 2 months was resolved. Moral . Stick to manufacturers recommendation.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:05am On Aug 06, 2018
as for me, what I learnt is simply.... do not trust every English speaking nigga dressed up in overall, and some kazeems might even be more knowledgeable than most of these English speaking nyukkurs who dress in overall and have no idea of how to handle a spanner.

for u to effectively treat any and every ailment, the history should be at least probed.... at least.... before taking a holistic approach...... not just bring motor and the next thing gear box is uncoupled for power steering leakage.

another lesson here is.... everyone that owns a car should endeavor to have basic knowledge of how "their" car operates so when a Kareem is going to hell fire, u won't follow him.

another little thought for ponder: when a customer claims he has better gas mileage when his AC is switched on.... what are the probable causes? note vehicle was just brought in from USA..... what are the troubleshooting steps.

I fixed the ride tho but it was based on experience and nothing else not even online forums... something that mechanics have done everything, remain to change the compressor to a fixed displacement type(manual) so that the mpg when AC is on must be more.

2 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by AutoElectNG: 7:21am On Aug 06, 2018
Some English speaking technicians ( I prefer the term technician to mechanic) know their way around tools and actively use those themselves

Not every English speaking technician is like some Nigerian professors who are all about the theory and no practical knowledge or experience ( read that to mean they never get down and dirty)

While the lack of a theoretical background or basis has severely hurt the forward momentum of the local techies

Their other problem is not keeping abreast with the match of the science behind vehicles

But I have information that this is a global problem...I will someday write an article addressing the fact that even in the US and the UK that is a problem, but the relevant bodies there are doing something about it, so any technician practicing in those parts that decides to stay in the past is making a choice, not that he could not have improved, because the resources were and are available

2 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by RazaqMB(m): 8:53am On Aug 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Parked at a bustop, Uncle calls the attention of the Lastma official and identify with him as a fellow worker in Lagos state, he looks at his name tag it is written Computerglobal..... He asks how many of them are on duty he says they are 4, deltel, carshopper and Oga razaqmb .

Bonnet is open and he notices a leak in the joint between coolant passage and radiator top hose.

he places a call to Kamaru and explains what just happened.

Kamaru's says he warned him, that it would happen and he also told him that he will not be a part of the alakowe transformation.

lol present sir
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2018
RazaqMB:
lol present sir

Lastma I sight you grin
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by SteveUg(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Monday Morning......

uncle checks the time....... Yaaay!!! 7am!! And auditors will be in my department today ayemi te mi bami!

He jumps into the shower.......... Prepares for work..

15mins later he runs out of the house, straight to the car. he meets Readone35L finishing up the car cleaning. He said it's alright it's alright leave it like that I am late for work..... He is about to start the car when nephew protests.... Ah Uncle will you not check the fluid levels?

Uncle: it's true o! Oya oya let's check is quick.

Uncle opens radiator, there is no drop of coolant in the radiator.

Checks the engine oil, there is no drop of oil on the dipstick. He stares at nephew in anger and says you see what your English speaking mechanic has done... ... nephew looks down in disappointment. Oya Bring the remaining engine oil we used to service the generator, and bring water let me pour into the Radiator, I don't have time for all this Americana type of arrangement again.

He pours 1 liter of 20w-50 into the engine, checks the dipstick nothing yet. They look at each other in disbelief. They pour the rest of the oil (half a liter) and it shows up on the low mark. Well at least I can manage it to work like this.

They pour water into the Radiator, it takes almost a full bucket, bubbles a bit and takes another 2 to 3 cups full.

Uncle: dipo will hear from me today.

He closes the bonnet. Then just then remembers he forgot a Vital document in the bedroom. He runs off into the house and gives instruction to nephew to start the car.

Uncle is back in 3mins, and he meets nephew still trying to crank engine...

Uncle: what did you do?

Nephew: Uncle nothing o! It refuses to start.

Uncle: get down jor, common car you don't know how to start.

Uncle: see how to do it, you put the key in, turn the key to ignition, you see all the lights on?

Nephew: yes sir.

Uncle: good now you wait 5secs then start.

Uncle tries his method.... The engine still does not start. grin

Uncle pumps the Gas pedal and continues to start but to no avail. He continues for another 10mins until the battery dies.

. walai I love dix story grin grin cheesy
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by erico2k2(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2018
ahahah this tory wan kill me, I just dey laugh like new mumu grin grin grin grin
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by erico2k2(m): 11:07am On Aug 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Lastma I sight you grin
Oga U go kill person grin grin grin
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
if I begin to narrate my ordeal with Kia motors.... u guys will weep.... summary: car was sold to me for a cheap token in 08 and a Kareem was called to fix... he just did some dirty tweaking and voila
... vehicle was near perfect and was even driven to owerri... where it's still performing up till date .

PS vehicle is a diesel powered Kia carnival.

inasmuch as I don't criticize or underestimate the importance of theoretical knowledge, I also do not forget to emphasize the need for technical hands-on skill.

it is very very important to note that cos I have heard of certain top nl mechanics whose hands only touch money in their workshops .....SMH, how would dey learn.... they can only infer from textbooks and journals... but when it comes to the real deal, they would be fidgeting......

3 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by erico2k2(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
if I begin to narrate my ordeal with Kia motors.... u guys will weep.... summary: car was sold to me for a cheap token in 08 and a Kareem was called to fix... he just did some dirty tweaking and voila
... vehicle was near perfect and was even driven to owerri... where it's still performing up till date .

PS vehicle is a diesel powered Kia carnival.

inasmuch as I don't criticize or underestimate the importance of theoretical knowledge, I also do not forget to emphasize the need for technical hands-on skill.

it is very very important to note that cos I have heard of certain top nl mechanics whose hands only touch money in their workshops .....SMH, how would dey learn.... they can only infer from textbooks and journals... but when it comes to the real deal, they would be fidgeting......
Just so you know, the fact the your car drives smooth right now does not take away the fact that it is nourishing a special defect.

3 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by ejembi28(m): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
80,500 is ringing in Uncles head as he slows down and calls dipo.......

he places a call to dipo.

Eng dipo! The light is back o! Just as I left your shop it came on o! This thing did not work...... The phone cuts off with dipo not saying a word.

Uncle comes to Nl to report dipo grin
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by ejembi28(m): 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=69967948]80,500 is ringing in Uncles head as he slows down and calls dipo.......

Eng dipo! The light is back o! Just as I left your shop it came on o! This thing did not work...... The phone cuts off with dipo not saying a word.

[/quote]

Lol grin
These part really crack me up
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by ejembi28(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ post=69967948:
80,500 is ringing in Uncles head as he slows down and calls dipo.......

Eng dipo! The light is back o! Just as I left your shop it came on o! This thing did not work...... The phone cuts off with dipo not saying a word

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
erico2k2:

Just so you know, the fact the your car drives smooth right now does not take away the fact that it is nourishing a special defect.

yes BRO, but it has served its purpose.

if I am to amortize it, e 4 Don go tey tey.
if it wants to break down now.... no p, but my point still stands. that's why I see most daunting issues as final year projects
but what do I know sha, I just dey learn.

here in Lagos, we have so many learned guys.... where I come from...... broda..... it's terrible

both d kazeems and English speaking people either refuse to base there or they just become dumb as a result of the environment.

5 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
it's a blessing tho to see a technician who sabi speak English..... .......

only that most times, they are too principled and the Nigerian pricing system / economy no dey ever affect their billings.

but to see a learned and we'll educated techie who is also well versed in the art..... mehn.... I dey cut cap for them.

see lejeun hand for that project? with all the grammar, see the roughness and thickness of the hand as per naija standard.(we no dey too use gloves)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Preferred Engine Type In Nigeria - Petrol Or Diesel, And Why? / Turkmenistan President Bans All Black Cars From Country’s Capital / Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.