Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. (20130 Views)

Car Ac Fix Back To Factory Specs <abuja> No Convertion All Car Makes / Lagos State Government Has Taken Delivery Of New BRT Buses With Awesome Specs / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2020
sooperrescue:

Bros, what does an antifreeze coolant do in our hot climate?

He said it costs a bit less wink
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by diportivo: 4:05pm On May 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

He said it costs a bit less wink

well

cheap is bae

developing country things grin
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by banky3w(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
Una wan start abi?
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by dicksonadams(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2020
Ogburaga:
Toyota Super Long Life Coolant is excellent for newer model Toyota cars manufactured from 2004, but I discovered this OEM concentrate which meets the specs and costs a bit less. The premixed Toyota coolant costs about 11k in my area but this one is a concentrate requiring mixing with an equal volume of distilled water, so yields 8Litres and costs 8K

Please where can I get this?
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Ogburaga: 7:45pm On May 21, 2020
sooperrescue:

Bros, what does an antifreeze coolant do in our hot climate?

It's an antifreeze as well as a coolant. It protects from freezing as well as boiling. Straight water will boil at 100 degrees or a little over that when under pressure in the radiator. Antifreeze/Coolant with water at the recommended ratio will not just protect against boiling (it boils at nearer 140 degrees) but also corrosion and rusting, because it has anti rust additives which ordinary water lacks. I remember the joy of touching a barely warm bonnet after driving from Enugu to Abuja many years ago in my v6 camry, never mind that I never had any need to add water to the radiator on a daily or regular basis. Even my old 1986 VBoot has made this annual vacation trip from East to Abuja with no overheating concerns whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Ogburaga: 7:52pm On May 21, 2020
diportivo:

well

cheap is bae

developing country things grin

Lol. Everyone wants value for money. The important thing is that the coolant must meet the requirements for Organic Acid Technology and non nitrate, non borate acid and stuff. And of course 8K is not so different from 11K.
Spending more money when less can achieve the same result isn't the textbook definition of wisdom
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Ogburaga: 7:54pm On May 21, 2020
dicksonadams:

Please where can I get this?

Everyone is in lockdown.
Look for it specifically at spare parts markets in capital cities if you're in Nigeria. Of course they will tell you it's costly but insist and you will get it
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by diportivo: 8:26pm On May 21, 2020
Ogburaga:

Lol. Everyone wants value for money. The important thing is that the coolant must meet the requirements for Organic Acid Technology and non nitrate, non borate acid and stuff. And of course 8K is not so different from 11K.
Spending more money when less can achieve the same result isn't the textbook definition of wisdom

I dont understand

but

you are right sir smiley
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Ogburaga: 8:43pm On May 21, 2020
diportivo:

I dont understand

but

you are right sir smiley

You are the best sir.
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by dicksonadams(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2020
Ogburaga:

Everyone is in lockdown.
Look for it specifically at spare parts markets in capital cities if you're in Nigeria. Of course they will tell you it's costly but insist and you will get it

Thanks boss
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Piyke: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
I just finished reading this cinematic piece again and had lots of laughs. Oga Gazzuzz this was epic.
Oliver Twist wants some more wink
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
Piyke:
I just finished reading this cinematic piece again and had lots of laughs. Oga Gazzuzz this was epic.
Oliver Twist wants some more wink

Something kept me home for 2days last time i wrote that long .....
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Pearl1910: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Something kept me home for 2days last time i wrote that long .....

Well done Chief Gazzuzz...how I wish all car owners will do a little reading, educate themselves and gain knowledge.
Just seeing this thread 2hours ago and I purposed in my heart to read it all from start to finish.
Although this is well explained with actions, cause, effect and repercussions some people will still want to learn from their own experience.
You are a blessing.

1 Like

Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by dlex21(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
Pearl1910:

Well done Chief Gazzuzz...how I wish all car owners will do a little reading, educate themselves and gain knowledge.
Just seeing this thread 2hours ago and I purposed in my heart to read it all from start to finish.
Although this is well explained with actions, cause, effect and repercussions some people will still want to learn from their own experience.
You are a blessing.

Same. Funny but educative thread.

Gazzuzz is a good storyteller
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
Mr Yusuf owns a 4Cylinder 2003 toyota camry, He Bought the car in 2012 @ 65,000miles.

Yusuf Has used this vehicle for 6years without any major engine troubles.

In 2013 on his way to Ife from Lagos, one of the radiator hoses ruptured and Engine overheated, but he realised and parked the car, the hose was replaced water was poured into the Radiator, and He continued his journey. When he got to Back to lagos, he noticed in the morning the Radiator Was low on (now water) coolant, Engine oil was short and car had a gentle misfire most mornings that later cleared out.
One Hot afternoon, yusufs car overheated in traffic and He visited Kamaru his regular mechanic who has worked on all his vehicles since the days of the 505.
Kamaru advised him to take out the thermostat and wire up the Fans directly, also he was adviced to stop using that expensive synthetic engine oil, that it was not designed for out "Hot" weather.
Yusuf Gave the Go ahead, the Thermostat as removed, 20w50 engine oil was installed, engine oil Treatment was added, Fans wired Directly and to ice the cake, Radiator was switched to a Double cell.

Yusuf Got instant results, the water in his radiator remained at same level when he checked the next morning, engine oil was Sharp at the High mark all week, Temp needle Never exceeded low mark even in the worst of Lagos Traffic, A/C even cooled much better. The only thing He noticed was his usual trip from home to office and back which used to take 1 Full tank in 2weeks now got finished in 1 week. Yusuf adjusted to the new fuel consumption and has been using vehicle like this since 2013, changing engine oils every Month end once he receives his salary, all has been well for 5years.
This was a very educative thread. Learnt a lot while lmao. cheesy

Cc Mynd44 et lalasticlala. This thread is filled with lots of valuable information for car owners.
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by sejoan: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
Great job and a nice read.

Learnt much.

Thanks
Re: When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. by dukeo(m): 10:12am On Oct 05, 2022
obekediamondfuto:
as for me, what I learnt is simply.... do not trust every English speaking nigga dressed up in overall, and some kazeems might even be more knowledgeable than most of these English speaking nyukkurs who dress in overall and have no idea of how to handle a spanner.

for u to effectively treat any and every ailment, the history should be at least probed.... at least.... before taking a holistic approach...... not just bring motor and the next thing gear box is uncoupled for power steering leakage.

another lesson here is.... everyone that owns a car should endeavor to have basic knowledge of how "their" car operates so when a Kareem is going to hell fire, u won't follow him.

another little thought for ponder: when a customer claims he has better gas mileage when his AC is switched on.... what are the probable causes? note vehicle was just brought in from USA..... what are the troubleshooting steps.

I fixed the ride tho but it was based on experience and nothing else not even online forums... something that mechanics have done everything, remain to change the compressor to a fixed displacement type(manual) so that the mpg when AC is on must be more.

What was the issue and how did you fix it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Preferred Engine Type In Nigeria - Petrol Or Diesel, And Why? / Turkmenistan President Bans All Black Cars From Country’s Capital / Nissan And Stallion Nigeria Sign Assembly Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.