Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie (4083 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancee Switches Off Her Phone Whenever She's With Me. What Should I Do? / "Came To Nigeria To Wed My Fiancee But Indonesian Girlfriend Is Pregnant" - Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 9:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
milemimi93:

I never said u are a playboy. I was just wondering why you'd create a new moniker just to post your problem and seek for advice like is there anyone here paying ya bills or what?

No hard feelings bruv

Thanks bro.. Yeah no hard feelings.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Angy55(f): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
Cooldude180:

She never showed me those signs until now. There are few things that I can take from other people and this isn't one of them..

It's a red flag that she's tired of you. She's trying to put up attitude, so that when you get tired and break up, she would see an excuse to say 'you broke up'. and start shedding crocodile tears.

The decision now is yours to take.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by lilmax(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
its not odd for a man to apologize, its just stupid for a man to apologize for what he didn't do

you have given her the ego, so deal with it
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
delugajackson:
You are obsessed with that lady my friend, and emotional obsession is the worst form of slavery. The moment you started apologizing for her wrong doings was the moment she lost respect for you.

If she can't get off her high horse and take responsibility for her actions, then I'm afraid the journey you're embarking on will not only be a terrible one, but a miserable one as well. This is just a tip of the iceberg, marriage might be worse, and you will still create another monicker to whine about your egoistic wife.

Stop begging her, stop apologizing for some bullshít, stop acting like a whimp. Man up and grow some fúcking balls. Women love possessive men with that "I don't give a fúck attitude" and sometimes a bad áss behaviour. Be a man and show her who's boss! If she fails to succumb, then you have every right to kick her áss out the window.
But u see i have also been giving her the '' I don't give a f**k attitude'' sometimes and she never gave a f***k too.. Its hilarious that sometimes the same people u so much love and cherish are the ones who hurt you so badly that you can turn to an animal. I have shown her the good side of me but she seem not to appreciate it. I have to take a drastic decision soon. Thanks anyway.. Great advice
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
lilmax:
its not odd for a man to apologize, its just stupid for a man to apologize for what he didn't do

you have given her the ego, so deal with it
Okay.. Thanks.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Angy55:

It's a red flag that she's tired of you. She's trying to put up attitude, so that when you get tired and break up, she would see an excuse to say 'you broke up'. and start shedding crocodile tears.

The decision now is yours to take.
It seems so.. I pray may she not fall into wrong hands cos I so much love her with passion. It's possible that I wud hate her too with a burning passion if she refuses to see her wrongs and make amends..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hummmmm.....from experience, I'd love to hear her own side of the story. But if you truly she is egoistic, something I dislike so much....mehn....i can't encourage you to go on with any marital plans and yes it sucks so much, when you have to apologize every time for her own wrongs even...she is slowly making you weak! I used to have a boyfriend with same character when i was a teenager, life was miserable with him yet I didnt want to let go, but when I finally did....it felt like I just got out of a bondage.
I won't advise you break up with her, but I'd advise you withdraw yourself emotionally.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:
Hummmmm.....from experience, I'd love to hear her own side of the story. But if you truly she is egoistic, something I dislike so much....mehn....i can't encourage you to go on with any marital plans and yes it sucks so much, when you have to apologize every time for her own wrongs even...she is slowly making you weak! I used to have a boyfriend with same character when i was a teenager, life was miserable with him yet I didnt want to let go, but when I finally did....it felt like I just got out of a bondage.
I won't advise you break up with her, but I'd advise you withdraw yourself emotionally.
Thanks alot.. Great advice. I wud stil give it a try although its somewhat clear that she won't change.. Just wanna clear my mind.
BecaciaBarbie

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Newbielearner(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
You have been all over her. I can perceive you have been telling hher she's one special angel.
Your world has been full of imaginative thoughts. You can even see her carrying your kids.

She already knows all this. Then her real character can unveil. You should be grateful this happened.
You just have to leave her for a while (no attention ). She wouldn't bulge at first. Later, she would start displaying an humble character towards you. It's their dragonian principle. Because you love her, you would forget all her wrongs, and ignore the warning signals.
In marriage, you have to love your wife. Thus, you would inevitably experience worse than this after marriage. Your type is one of those men who after marriage lost their creativity because the tamer is at home. You would enjoy it when Lagosians traffic delays you from getting home early from work. You'd better heed this warning signs and pick race.
However, you cannot ascertain if my advice is right, until you marry her, and your kids start telling you that they would report you to mummy angry

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
Newbielearner:
You have been all over her. I can perceive you have been telling hher she's one special angel.
Your world has been full of imaginative thoughts. You can even see her carrying your kids.

She already knows all this. Then her real character can unveil. You should be grateful this happened.
You just have to leave her for a while (no attention ). She wouldn't bulge at first. Later, she would start displaying an humble character towards you. It's their dragonian principle. Because you love her, you would forget all her wrongs, and ignore the warning signals.
In marriage, you have to love your wife. Thus, you would inevitably experience worse than this after marriage. Your type is one of those men who after marriage lost their creativity because the tamer is at home. You would enjoy it when Lagosians traffic delays you from getting home early from work. You'd better heed this warning signs and pick race.
However, you cannot ascertain if my advice is right, until you marry her, and your kids start telling you that they would report you to mummy angry
Hilarious but true.. Thanks bro.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Angy55(f): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
Cooldude180:

It seems so.. I pray may she not fall into wrong hands cos I so much love her with passion. It's possible that I wud hate her too with a burning passion if she refuses to see her wrongs and make amends..

I feel your pain bro. Just try and relax, cool off a bit. Look for something to distract yourself. Don't communicate her for like a week and see her reactions.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
Angy55:

I feel your pain bro. Just try and relax, cool off a bit. Look for something to distract yourself. Don't communicate her for like a week and see her reactions.

Okay.. Good approach

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Angy55(f): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2018
Cooldude180:

Okay.. Good approach

All the best. Do have a pleasant night.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
Angy55:

All the best. Do have a pleasant night.
Thanks for ur advice.. Goodnite

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Always follow your gut feeling, it's there for a reason.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by chloride6: 11:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
dingbang:
Dude, just have it at the back of your mind you aren't marrying that girl... Simple.. Play along... If she offers you sex, you bang.. But let it be known to you that the Rship ain't heading to the altar because she is not the kind of woman you imagine to spend the days of your life with.

I'm coming to 35 marina to arrest you.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Bush2013: 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Run,I said run bro.I know you probably won't run sha.lol just tired of hearing about marriage crash. Better make relationship crash oh
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by ultimate77(m): 12:01am On Aug 05, 2018
Sometime ago in February, I created a thread as this, major advice I received was "let her go and start a new life" I knew that was what I wanted. But still holding to the egoistic, non respectful, unrepentant, unapologetic and blanked brain girl... I loved her without boundaries... Same thing OP mentioned here are her qualities.

Gave all. In my power.. Well, that is by the way now, though I cried my eyes out but walking away was the best option. I even had to observe marriages from elderly people. Coupls married for sometime now so I can treat her well. But this girl will never even bother learning anything new even after knowing i want to house her.. Gosh!!! So annoying...

Well, I moved and today, though I'm still searching for a fair skinned respectful Yoruba or delta or even kaduna lady to marry, I'm happy that girl is out ofy life.. I can't even stop thanking God. I would have had HBP.

Bro... I swear, you just have to move on, take that bold step, I know it's never easy.. Mine was 3years, your race is just 2. Just try, ATTITUDE IS DIFFICULT TO CHANGE ESP. WHEN THE POSSESOR IS NOT INTERESTED IN KNOWING IF THEY ARE POSSESING IT.

just move on. Bone the girl. You will be strong eventually just like I am right now. Cheers man.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Areaboyfriend(m): 12:06am On Aug 05, 2018
Cooldude180:
I created this moniker merely to hide my identity as I am one of the active members on this Forum.Moreover, the lady in question is also on this forum although she is just a passive member.
I met her during my service year in the southwest and caught feelings even on the first day. We got talking and a relationship started after some weeks. I really love her even more than before and I still have this feeling that she would definitely come to her senses although a part of me is telling me that she is not willing to make amends.
I have been able to empower her although much proceeds are not coming forth for now as we are collectively building a strong customer base for her business and with God on our side we would definitely get there soon. Besides she is a beneficiary of one of the federal government of Nigeria employment schemes for youths in the country. She never wanted to get herself involved in the scheme fearing that she would not make the final list but I encouraged her and took it upon myself to make it work out for her. I have shown her love and care in my own way and I'm even willing to do more for her because I want to see her Happy.
However, the bone of contentment is that she is too egoistic and rarely does she see her wrongs nor feel its cool to apologize. I have sat her down several times and tried to talk senses into her head and even had her close friend talk to her about it but all to no avail. Most times, she wouldn't talk to me for two days until I apologize for what she did. Even at that, it would take her like a day to accept my apologies. I know that most of you would say it's odd for a man to apologise for what he is not quilty of.
I got the shock of my life when she asked me if I can remember her asking me to apologize to her. This was after she did something nasty.
This is the same lady I hope to perform her marital rite soon. I'm somewhat in my late twenties. I really love children and I hope to start a family in my young days so that they can grow with me. I think my love for kids is out of this world but she is likely gonna make me change my mind about that.
I wanna quit and go search for love elsewhere but I feel she deserves another chance.. Actually I'm lost and can't figure out why she is acting up.
What do I do? Has anyone here ever been in this shoe before and how did they deal with it?
Is there any hope that she would change?
Lalasticlala has this ever happened to you?

Bro I have been there. And I know how this feels. You are really into her and trying to hard to make your relationship with her workout, while she's of the carefree attitude.
See it is either she doesn't genuinely love you and making good use of the situation ( to her gains) or she's seeing someone else and wants to frustrate you out of her life. These days, people hardly say "break up", they act it!
The earlier you get this into your head the better. You are trying so hard because she's doesn't want to stay with you bro. Okay ask yourself.
What has she done for you?
What efforts is she putting in the relationship?
I bet if things go wrong today, she would gladly move on and you would be Stucked still in the begging syndrome.
You deserve better my man. Read the signs and use your head on time.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 12:47am On Aug 05, 2018
Areaboyfriend:

Bro I have been there. And I know how this feels. You are really into her and trying to hard to make your relationship with her workout, while she's of the carefree attitude.
See it is either she doesn't genuinely love you and making good use of the situation ( to her gains) or she's seeing someone else and wants to frustrate you out of her life. These days, people hardly say "break up", they act it!
The earlier you get this into your head the better. You are trying so hard because she's doesn't want to stay with you bro. Okay ask yourself.
What has she done for you?
What efforts is she putting in the relationship?
I bet if things go wrong today, she would gladly move on and you would be Stucked still in the begging syndrome.
You deserve better my man. Read the signs and use your head on time.
Thanks... Good insight..
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 12:50am On Aug 05, 2018
ultimate77:
Sometime ago in February, I created a thread as this, major advice I received was "let her go and start a new life" I knew that was what I wanted. But still holding to the egoistic, non respectful, unrepentant, unapologetic and blanked brain girl... I loved her without boundaries... Same thing OP mentioned here are her qualities.

Gave all. In my power.. Well, that is by the way now, though I cried my eyes out but walking away was the best option. I even had to observe marriages from elderly people. Coupls married for sometime now so I can treat her well. But this girl will never even bother learning anything new even after knowing i want to house her.. Gosh!!! So annoying...

Well, I moved and today, though I'm still searching for a fair skinned respectful Yoruba or delta or even kaduna lady to marry, I'm happy that girl is out ofy life.. I can't even stop thanking God. I would have had HBP.

Bro... I swear, you just have to move on, take that bold step, I know it's never easy.. Mine was 3years, your race is just 2. Just try, ATTITUDE IS DIFFICULT TO CHANGE ESP. WHEN THE POSSESOR IS NOT INTERESTED IN KNOWING IF THEY ARE POSSESING IT.

just move on. Bone the girl. You will be strong eventually just like I am right now. Cheers man.
Interesting.. Thanks bro..
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 12:52am On Aug 05, 2018
chloride6:

Marina in which state Pls?! Lol
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 05, 2018
Never give an arrogant woman a chance. Let her learn elsewhere

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by dingbang(m): 7:00am On Aug 05, 2018
chloride6:

cheesy for what sir
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by ultimate77(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2018
Always welcomed bro

Cooldude180:

Interesting.. Thanks bro..
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by CrazyPros: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2018
2buffagain:
Bitch-made men everywhere...

Hard truth, but will they listen?
Nunu worshipers everywhere, he should wait untill he sees the bus conductor she answers sir! and apologizes to for calling a minute late.

Once you loose your edge with a girl, you ain't getting it back. She done see am finish.

Imagine, apologizing for her fault. SMH.

OP Download and read - The Manipulated Man - Written by a woman. I don't want you doing something crazy to yourself when she finally dumps you after getting what she wants.
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by tunjilana: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
Cooldude180:

I know that the grass isnt always greener on the other side but it's becoming obvious that she is not really into me the way I am into her.
I had passed tru alot in life and I worked so hard to get here. Atleast I deserve a good woman

U have answered yourself...that is simply it...go find the one that is totally into u and u will watch her plead even for your own mistakes
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by jiorhemen(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2018
Cooldude180:
I created this moniker merely to hide my identity as I am one of the active members on this Forum.Moreover, the lady in question is also on this forum although she is just a passive member.
I met her during my service year in the southwest and caught feelings even on the first day. We got talking and a relationship started after some weeks. I really love her even more than before and I still have this feeling that she would definitely come to her senses although a part of me is telling me that she is not willing to make amends.
I have been able to empower her although much proceeds are not coming forth for now as we are collectively building a strong customer base for her business and with God on our side we would definitely get there soon. Besides she is a beneficiary of one of the federal government of Nigeria employment schemes for youths in the country. She never wanted to get herself involved in the scheme fearing that she would not make the final list but I encouraged her and took it upon myself to make it work out for her. I have shown her love and care in my own way and I'm even willing to do more for her because I want to see her Happy.
However, the bone of contentment is that she is too egoistic and rarely does she see her wrongs nor feel its cool to apologize. I have sat her down several times and tried to talk senses into her head and even had her close friend talk to her about it but all to no avail. Most times, she wouldn't talk to me for two days until I apologize for what she did. Even at that, it would take her like a day to accept my apologies. I know that most of you would say it's odd for a man to apologise for what he is not quilty of.
I got the shock of my life when she asked me if I can remember her asking me to apologize to her. This was after she did something nasty.
This is the same lady I hope to perform her marital rite soon. I'm somewhat in my late twenties. I really love children and I hope to start a family in my young days so that they can grow with me. I think my love for kids is out of this world but she is likely gonna make me change my mind about that.
I wanna quit and go search for love elsewhere but I feel she deserves another chance.. Actually I'm lost and can't figure out why she is acting up.
What do I do? Has anyone here ever been in this shoe before and how did they deal with it?
Is there any hope that she would change?
Lalasticlala has this ever happened to you?
Brother, you need to man up. The lady in question seems to have a false sense of superiority against you. But in my humble and honest opinion, I think it is your fault. You must have acted as if you so much need her and you have always tried to impress and please her that she now sees herself as being indispensable. While it is not bad to "need" her, it should be both ways. I understand that a man should show love to his woman, but I have learned from experience that a man who tries to superfluously please a lady will live to regret it. You are giving her the impression that your destiny depends so much on her, that you can't do without her. While you should show her love and care, never, never behave like someone whose life and destiny depends on her. Such attitude makes some girls to develop a scintilla of pomposity. The funny thing about some of the girls who develop these magisterial disposition is that, they are girls who actually have nothing much to contribute to the relationship or add to the man's life. For example, in my own case, the girl was so poor that even if her father in her village had just headache, they needed to contact me before they could get money to buy ordinary paracetamol, and I am serious. Yet, this girl was developing a false sense of importance and indispensability. Sex is not a value, so never let a woman feel overly important just because she has a virgina. Sir, her body and her virgina will never determine how great your life or destiny will be, so don't be timid to jettison a lady who deserved to be jettisoned. You have seen the bad signs and attitude, yet you are reluctant to do the needful. This, I guess has also contributed to the girl's sense of indispensability. I know it is not easy, but sir, you need to take courage and be decisive.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by musa234(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2018
Bro, this was exactly what a friend of mine saw before he married his lady because he said he loved her with passion just like you did, about 2 years after the marriage, my guy hardly sleeps at home, infact he was becoming miserable because the wife never gave him rest of mind.He tried everything in his power to make a peaceful home at least because of the little baby they had but all efforts of his proved abortive, his wife was this egoistic type, filled with pride although beautiful and endowed. To cut the long story short, he was provoked beyond what he could take that he had to lay hands on her and now they have gone their seperate ways. Egoistical tendencies are inbred an not easy to do away with, Think very well and try to come up with the right decision, A broken relationship is very much better than a broken marriage

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by MorningStar233: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2018
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by Cooldude180: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2018
MorningStar233:
Oh God, wahala everywhere..... My bf does not apologize cha cha, he lied to me that he's single when he was asking me out only for me to find out he is in a relationship that his family members are even aware of, I've been shattered for days now and he is not even remorseful at all, I just keep loving the wrong people...I will hold mind and stay on my own, I will not die
That puts us in the same shoe.
Sorry for that.I hope you are okay now.
I have already taken my decision as there is no possibility of change..
Re: My Fiancee Thinks It Is Odd For Her To Eat Humble Pie by MorningStar233: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2018
Cooldude180:

That puts us in the same shoe.
Sorry for that.I hope you are okay now.
I have already taken my decision as there is no possibility of change..

Its hard but what will I do, I have decided to let go...the will of God will be done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Some Ladies Think They Can Hold A Man Down Using Pregnancy / His Money Is Our Money / Why Do Guys Dick Rise Up When They Wake Up From Sleep In The Moring???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.