Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. (29236 Views)

Julius Agwu Mocks Nigerian Pastors & The Witches/wizards That Endorsed GEJ / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner / Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ud4u: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2010
:-x :-x :-x
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by zebra543: 9:56am On Jul 16, 2010
Thats a bias list. . . . . .that is all
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Roliks09: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2010
I submit humbly
1. That we should stop allowing these theives to get away with their crimes under the cover of being men of God and so we shouldnt speak ill of them. Funny how those who have made this comments are more than those who have criticized tudor's blasphemy. Implication - We respect 'men of God' than God himself. Hence, the rot. For as long as pastors are demi-gods, people will keep paying money to them.
2. @tudor, I agree with you, but urge you to atleast respect God. You can lambast the pastors till eternity, but God, nah nah. Would like to know what theory of creation you believe in.

3. Pastor business is booming business. They preach prosperity more than anything. But I dont blame them. I blame the govt. who do nothing bout empowering the people and leave them in penury, thus creating the idea of being rich via a miracle. I blame lazy Nigerians who expect their money to be double overnight through miraculous means because they've given to their pastors. I blame ignorant Nigerians who have decided not to rise above circumstances. I blame the govt again for lack of security cos most people go to churches to seek spiritual security in circumstances when 'man-security' will do just fine. And I blame the followers for being blind to see these pastors for who they are.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by zebra543: 10:10am On Jul 16, 2010
^^ is it by force to respect God? you cannot command anybody to respect God, there is as much evidence of a God than there is evolution, people should keep thier beliefs to themselves when discussing practical matters. this is a clear case of humans worshipping at the feet of devils yet when questions are asked all you hear is 'respect God' no wonder there is sharia law in the country!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21am On Jul 16, 2010
I thank God for the lives of our Papa's in the ministry.

Finally God is now blessing his pastors here on earth instead of heaven as in the days of old.

If Dangote a bssiness man owns a Jet, why shouldnt our Pastor own three??
I'm happy for christianity, even islam sef no reach them. How many imam can boast of a private jet??
How many mosques can boast of a weekly gross (not net) offering of 10million naira??

Who says Jesus dosent pay??

THE LORD IS GOOD O!! PRAISE THE LORD!!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by yepa: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2010
I really dont understand why people get so sentimental about this issue.Xtians must rise against this modern day 419 these pastors are  into and bring some sanity to churches.All in the name of making money they make criminals like Pastor akingbola and Cecelia Ibru pastors in their churches.Of course u know d rest efcc ,,

A thief is a thief whether he is a man of God or not.All these pastors are rogues.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by 1Emmy: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2010
Okija_juju:

Finally God is now blessing his pastors here on earth instead of heaven as in the days of old.

I'm happy for christianity, even islam sef no reach them. How many imam can boast of a private jet??
How many mosques can boast of a weekly gross (not net) offering of 10million naira??

Who says Jesus dosn't pay??

I love you for your statement, just change your name because your a child of God indeed.
THE LORD IS GOOD O!! PRAISE THE LORD!! HALLELUJAH!!!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by duvaale: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2010
@ Roliks09

I agree with you. The issue is that most people are myopic.  Can these GO's prove that they can amass all the wealth they brandish today working in their own establishment? Simply, the wealth they showcase is people's sweat - majority of who cannot afford the cost of basic living conditions.

They will threaten their congregation to pay their tithes failure for which they risk the wrath of God. When the tithes enters their coffers it is no longer anybody's business how the money is spent. Do not be fooled. Our God is a God of accountability!. God cannot force people to pay their hard earned income to one man without caring to know what happens to the funds.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by sessy2(f): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2010
Did Jesus Christ live like that? The missionaries who brought christianity didn't live like this, they built schools, where education was free, they built hospitals, health delivery was free, they provide scholarships to sponsor church members abroad but today our rich pastors build schools with church money and then members cannot afford to attend the schools, they, they dnt build any hospitals, they dnt contribute to social development of pipo living around them.All they do is steal, steal and steal more than satan himself.its a shame! sad[color=#990000][/color][quote][/quote] may God forgive us
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by jokingmary(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2010
Okija_juju:

Who says Jesus dosent pay??

THANK YOU kiss
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by cliveland: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2010
@ tudor, '[b]
snt it Ironic that these theiving bastards like Oyedepo, Adeboye and chris are all in one way beneficiaries of the work and selfless service of the early missonaries? Be it the free schools, free or cheap healthcare and so on?

all of our early schools and hospitals were founded by missionaries and they in no way had nothing close to the resources we find in churches today. Over 100 years later we still see the good works of the early missionaries no matter which part of the country you go to the schools and clinics still stand. The foundations they set still hold strong in most rural communities today.

100 friggn years and the fruits are still visible. You ask these numskulls to show you the societal welfare schemes of these mega-churches today you'll be lucky to get an address but if you ask for branches aka tithe collection depots then they'll begin rapping out locations like eminem.

It just goes to show you what people can achieve with the right attitude and selfless service towards humanity. Isnt that what christ taught?

The fools we have as 'men of god' these days just prefer to amass wealth and send idiotoc goons like tkb to come declare ''christianity is not for
destitutes''.  shame[/b]

This have always been the pain of many a Nigerian, who fortunately lived and grew up in the 70/80's. we have saint finbars, gregory, Methodists boys/girl, igbobi, baptist academy, anglican, catholic boys/girls schools [all of these were set up and funded by churches, didnt collected a dime from students] and so many i cant remember rite now, where many of us here and even our parents attend courtesy of those missionaries of years then,

which do we have now, the most expensive schools in naija today are church owned how many members of these churches can afford to attend these schools, atleast as bad as the police, army, navy airforce, civil service are they still admit there children and even dependent of their staffs into their schools without muchado, can we say the same of these modern day churches set-ups nooooooooooooooo, asked a young pastor friend sometime ago if he could afford to send his child to the school owned by the same church he  pastors and he laughed and say for where, nobody says pastors should be poor, but their members should also share in the supossed grace that they are benefiting from, its a pity naija's are so gullible a race.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2010
tkb417:

ure denying a village somewhere of a slowpoke

whats the difference between knowing what the bible preaches and not memorising bible verses
the difference is tkb

thou shall not kill, commit murder, steal covet other peeps wives and all i know are in the bible cos
1) i have read it but didnt memorise
2) tot by a Pastor with biblical passages

you 'read' but didnt memorise? Do you need to memorise scriptures?

Your utterances just shows you how lame and SHALOW you are

You know the bible frowns at lies etc because your pastor told you? Since you dont know the bible, how are you sure your pastor wasnt quoting from homers oddyssey?

if memorising passages is what determines a good xtian, then Lucfier will be the first to enter the kingdom of God. But what do u know?
if this analogy fails you, request to enter the gate of hell as from today as your Lord Lucifer is ready to appoint you as the gatekeeper of hell

really, in the posse of asstards, u strike me like the undisputed champion

im above u in reasoning so i expect more drivel

[/quote]
Shut up!
Is this an excuse to not study the word?

How can you know WHAT determines a good christian when you admitted you know NOTHING about the bible?

Here let me show you, 2 Timothy 2 ; 15
[quote]"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15).

The bible says STUDY to show yourself approved unto God. I'm quite sure you've never heard that because ''pastor didnt tell you''

You should be ashamed.
According to the christian faith, you CANNOT serve God and Mammon. Is God really that important to you?
REALLY?

You have been registered 3 years on nairaland, out of that spent 121
DAYS 22 hours online, doing what? I know, discussing romance, sexuality, sports etc.

In the sports section in your posts you can remember the scores between manchester united and Arsenal 20 years ago. You know the formation machester united played in all their matches in 1992. You remember how many yellow cards, red cards, ball possesion stats from 10 years ago. You can recite football results of last season even pin pointing the exact minuite they scored goals. You know what Christiano Ronaldo was doing in his village before he was signed by manchester united. Hell, you are so proud in your ''knowledge'' of football stats you nominate yourself for ''sports poster of the year'' and revel in titles like ''50 Nairaland Legends of all time''.

YET, you proudly proclaim yourself to be ''christian'' admit to having no knowledge of the bible. Ready to make daring quotes about christianity and cant back it up with relevant scriptures. Cant defend your faith in any way

You have NO understanding of what it means to be christian, know NOTHING about the core principles of christianity and the life of jesus.

You feel you can sit your arse down and claim to 'belong to jesus' make blanket statements and condemn other people as 'sons of lucifer'.

Again, i ask, Is God really that important to you? Who are you deceiving?

Tkb, theres NOTHING MORE PATHETIC THAN SELF-DECIET.

N/B; pls dont ever come to the religion section and display your unintelligent ignorance you will torn to shreds and left out to dry. Stick to sports and sexuality and let the REAL christians engage us in a debate.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by sessy2(f): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2010
jokingmary:

THANK YOU kiss

[quote][/quote] and your happy? suffering in silence.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Roliks09: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2010
I hope Zebra543 isnt addressing me. But if you are here's my reply:
U seem not to understand the meaning of 'urge'. I didnt command anybody to respect God. Just offering a piece of advice. And you lost me there with reference to sharia. Whats your point!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2010
sessy2:

and your happy? suffering in silence.

Apparently people cant tell the difference between sarcasm and praises.

If Jesus had known that Pastors will flex laulau like this, he would have plead guilty in front of Pilate and gone to jail for a reduced sentence.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ocee87: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2010
angry
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2010
Tkb, theres NOTHING MORE PATHETIC THAN SELF-DECIET.

N/B; pls dont ever come to the religion section and display your unintelligent ignorance you will torn to shreds and left out to dry. Stick to sports and sexuality and let the REAL christians engage us in a debate.

i didnt bother to read the rubbish you posted cos its from a demented soul
the only reasonable part is what i have copied

i dont have to quote the bible to know the difference between stupidity, bigotry and astute madness
ure displaying everythn at the same time hence the reason why i cant really prescribe remedy

i pick where i roll on NL, when the time comes to smash all you religious bigots, ill be there trust me

now im in sexuality section. when im done, u never can tell, ill be at ur door step

***real xtians? are u a fool? i am a real xtian grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2010
ocee87:

Hey, i'm a Christian, but you have to Leave sentiments out of this and face facts. Was it not the same God that created the Imams? What has islam and Mosques Got to do with the Your corrupt pastors and so called papa's tongue. Now u mention Dangote, a business man. Thank God u dimwits are Finally owning up to the fact that your pastors and papa's are Just businessmen, rubbish. @tudor, I hail thee,

You sure you were reffering to me?!! You may wanna rethink this decision!! I dont fight fair o!! angry

If you have a problem with my post please!!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2010
tkb417:

i didnt bother to read the rubbish you posted cos its from a demented soul
the only reasonable part is what i have copied
You didnt 'bother to read' yet were able to know the only 'reasonable' part. I laugh.

Is it the same way you dont 'bother' to read the bible or know the word yet call yourself a ''christian''??

i dont have to quote the bible to know the difference between stupidity, bigotry and astute madness
ure displaying everythn at the same time hence the reason why i cant really prescribe remedy
Mundane ramblings. . . .obvious you're lost and have nothing to say

i can only discern that my post resonated deep within you and told you the bloody obvious; God does not feature on your top ten priorities so, why bother?

i pick where i roll on NL, when the time comes to smash all you religious bigots, ill be there trust me

now im in sexuality section. when im done, u never can tell, ill be at your door step

Why deceive yourself?? Isnt it obvious you know nothing about christianity and its values??

EMPTY and SHALLOW thats what you are.

I repeat; THERE IS NOTHING MORE PATHETIC THAN SELF DECIET
***real xtians? are u a fool? i am a real xtian grin grin grin

I have challenged you to come to a thread and intelligently defend your skewed position on christianity and its core teachings. Why is this so painful for you to do?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ocee87: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2010
Okija_juju:

You sure you were reffering to me?!! You may wanna rethink this decision!! I dont fight fair o!! angry

oooo I'm Scared, Juju

Rubbish, angry
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2010
Why deceive yourself?? Isnt it obvious you know nothing about christianity and its values??

EMPTY and SHALLOW thats what you are.

I repeat; THERE IS NOTHING MORE PATHETIC THAN SELF DECIET
duh
i know the thin line between not memorising bible verses and verbal assaults on the omnipotent-GOD!!!!

Ur demagogic verbose is what tkb wants to contest
if ure smart , u would have known. In tkbs world, ull be an apprentice for life cos ure just damn too slow

I have challenged you to come to a thread and intelligently defend your skewed position on christianity and its core teachings. Why is this so painful for you to do?

mr. stupid, i already asked you to name the thread

spill or forever be dumb

what a waste
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2010
O.C!! I know you Olopas think you are above the law but you should look at my C.V before I handle you o!!

If I wasnt about to fly with Oyedepo on his G-IV to the Bahamas for retreat, I would have taken care of you.

Be here bad belle-in Guy men wey don hammer from their chosen profession (callin). Wait till Oyedepo achieves his dream of being the first man to fly in a convoy after the president of the U.S.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by tkb417(m): 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^^
abeg involve me in the convoy o

my moto fit fly grin cheesy
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ocee87: 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
Okija_juju:

O.C!! I know you Olopas think you are above the law but you should look at my C.V before I handle you o!!

If I wasnt about to fly with Oyedepo on his G-IV to the Bahamas for retreat, I would have taken care of you.

Be here bad belle-in Guy men wey don hammer from their chosen profession (callin). Wait till Oyedepo achieves his dream of being the first man to fly in a convoy after the president of the U.S.
Na wa oh. which side u dey sef? now u don dey yab one of your papas. safe trip o, and retreat fine o grin

i think the flying contest is btw the four of them,
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ocee87: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
tkb417:

^^^
abeg involve me in the convoy o

my moto fit fly grin cheesy

Bros abeg wetin be ya model, grin [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]who no like better thing[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2010
I'm on everybody's side as long as say money follow.

My only vexation with these churches be say them no dey pay ushers and choir members.

Imagine say them dey pay church workers, by now boys for dey submit C.V for church. Even if na to dey wash Oyedepo two planes sef.

ocee87:

Na wa oh. which side u dey sef? now u don dey yab one of your papas. safe trip o, and retreat fine o grin

i think the flying contest is btw the four of them,

You no hear my name?!! Wetin Okija_jujuTM and Oyedepo Group of CompaniesTM get in common apart from say they are both registered business names. grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by catdollsz: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2010
Not until when ungodly and entirely carnal people like Tudor & co are infested with cancer will their eyes open and see the truth. But it would have been too late by then for they will look for God everywhere and God will not answer them!

There are many of you like that in world who treat God with disdain in good times (when you really should be serving Him like a raging fire), but you only run to Him when you're in trouble. Pity.

All sins shall be forgiven you except sin against the Holy Spirit.

Our God is awesome. Do not seek to know his mysteries, but only faithfully seek His face in all your undertakings and His grace shall abide with you forever.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2010
tkb417:

duh
i know the thin line between not memorising bible verses and verbal assaults on the omnipotent-GOD!!!!

your demagogic verbose is what tkb wants to contest
if ure smart , u would have known. In tkbs world, ull be an apprentice for life cos ure just damn too slow
More rant NO substance.

Which Gosd are you talking about? Surely Not the christian God, as YOU yourself have admitted NOT to know anything about god and the bible.

So what else is new?

You obviously dont care about any God, so why bother?
Leave the debate to intelligent folks who know their onions
mr. silly, i already asked you to name the thread

spill or forever be dumb

what a waste

Mr, since your ''views'' on christianity are ''unique'', I invited you to open a thread in RELIGION BOARD and defend your statements about christianity.

You like the fool you are declined and claimed ''not to know the bible''.

Pray tell, how do you expect an ignoramus who does not know the bible to know anything about christianity Is this what we have today? Shambolic morons claiming to belong to jesus??
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2010
catdollsz:

Not until when ungodly and entirely carnal people like Tudor & co are infested with cancer will their eyes open and see the truth. But it would have been too late by then for they will look for God everywhere and God will not answer them!

There are many of you like that in world who treat God with disdain in good times (when you really should be serving Him like a raging fire), but you only run to Him when you're in trouble. Pity.

All sins shall be forgiven you except sin against the Holy Spirit.

Our God is awesome. Do not seek to know his mysteries, but only faithfully seek His face in all your undertakings and His grace shall abide with you forever.
What is this??

Kumuyi's wife who died like a fowl of cancer, God infested her too, right??
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ocee87: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2010
catdollsz:

You number 1 cool

Tudór:

What is this??

Kumuyi's wife who died like a fowl of cancer, God infested her too, right??
pls Ask the Ignoramus grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by MackDealer: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2010
@Tudor and company, since you guys are this smart, what are you doing about educating the gullible christians in Nigeria? Look it's one thing to hide behind your computer and blow out air it's another to actually do something about it.

Tudor, I know you sound like someone who do not believe in God, so what have you done to actually educate other people whatever it is you believe in besides sitting behind one faceless user id on NL

I don't agree with a lot of things men of God that I know personally does and it boils down to if it's something I can't change I find another church to attend simple.

A lot of us on here are very quick to judge these people despite the fact that all we know about them is what we read or hear in the news, I was one of the people who thought Pastor Adeboye don't need a jet even if he can afford one which I later found out the said jet was not his and not even the church's

Look again this is simple, all the men of God mentioned in this article trive because people go to their churches, if you guys ranting on this thread believes they are all phoneys then start your own real ministry and preach the truth. simple as ABC
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by cliveland: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2010
i ve gone thru several posts by tudor and co amongst whom i might be included and cant see any post demeaning GOD or his person, what they/we complained about is the rot in God's name, which so far no contrary post have been able to prove othrwise.

i guess no one said they cant be rich, super rich or even crazy wealthy, but how do/are their lieutenants fairing compared to even their kids who attend schools abroad, own designer shops and condo's abroad, that is the grouse that they/we need clarifications on, simple.

imagine a teenager at age 15yrs spending and bragging about how much $$$$$ he gets as allowance?

lets sentiments aside, call a spade a spade they are not worthy of emulation, not to mention fellowership

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sola Ogudu: I Love Davido, He's A Sweet Boy / Rita Dominic: I Was Paid N10,000 For My First Movie Role / Chika Ike Flaunts Hot Legs In New Sexy Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.