Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. (29231 Views)

Julius Agwu Mocks Nigerian Pastors & The Witches/wizards That Endorsed GEJ / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner / Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
davidylan:

lol just goes to show many here are indeed blockheads. Stop citing "experiments" you havent studied!  grin You only end up looking like idiots . . . poor cryptic, he just didnt know how to frame his argument.
Ironic, giving that cryptic was the one who cited miller isnt it?

1. Abiogenesis is life from inanimate matter - unfortunately for you fool . . . Miller's experiment was the FIRST REAL (and only so far) attempt to prove that precursors for life (amino acids and proteins) can be created from inanimate stuff. So i wonder what your ignorant "go figure" comment is meant to suggest.
Yes indeed and my go figure comment was left for you to go deduce just how miller can be said to disprove abiogenesis like crypt claims and obvuously you too.

2. To claim that you have no idea of who Oparin is, that is just mind-boggling. On what basis then are you arguing abiogenesis? He was the first person to seriously postulate that in a text he wrote in 1924. Do you folks have any idea of what you post at all?
So what? Oparin was the first to postulate the idea of life from inanimate funny how you abandoned that and ran around to claim his postulations didnt involve water like that matters for anything or the components of his ''organic soup'' are the set rules in science for the early earth.

The important thing here is Life precursors from inanimate(abiogenesis) water or not which Miller demonstrated. To go around claiming miller disproves abiogenesis is silly.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Newest: 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2010
U guys are crazie, i remebered how 1 post made me to stop giving offering at church, ona don start again abi?
god no go gree for ona

i pity all ye that's condemning gods prophets
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2010
Tudór:

Yes indeed and my go figure comment was left for you to go deduce just how miller can be said to disprove abiogenesis like crypt claims and obvuously you too.
So what? Oparin was the first to postulate the idea of life from inanimate funny how you abandoned that and ran around to claim his postulations didnt involve water like that matters for anything or the components of his ''organic soup'' are the set rules in science for the early earth.

The important thing here is Life precursors from inanimate(abiogenesis) water or not which Miller demonstrated. To go around claiming miller disproves abiogenesis is silly.

what a joke. I give up . . . get us someone who actually knows what he's talking about pls.

Can anyone make any sense of the above? I cant.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2010
davidylan:

what a joke. I give up . . . get us someone who actually knows what he's talking about pls.

Can anyone make any sense of the above? I cant.
Yes indeed. . .that usually happens when you ignorantly claim miller disproves abiogenesis. Pssft
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2010
Tudór:

Yes indeed. . .that usually happens when you ignorantly claim miller disproves abiogenesis. Pssft

the idiocy here is that while i have shown SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE for why miller's experiment was wrong, you havent. all you've done is simply state this same foolish claim with nothing to back it up.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2010
davidylan:

the idiocy here is that while i have shown SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE for why miller's experiment was wrong, you havent. all you've done is simply state this same foolish claim with nothing to back it up.
Which rubbish scientific evidence did you show??
I laugh

We all know your eyes are faulty, no suprise here.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by mazaje(m): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2010
Tudor is too Dull and and he or she is a nonentity of the highest repute.
Just let me get your number if u will not die 2nite

He or she Dared God of all religion.
I have changed my mind,She goes 2nite, without number

Who is this foooool threatening Tudor with death?. . . . . .
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 18, 2010
Tudór:

foolish. Cryptic said the miller-urey experiment did not validate the theory of abiogenesis . . . you claimed it did . . . why? Why are you shying away from PROVIDING evidence for your claims?

Tudór:

Dumb. I ALREADY DID THIS at least 3 times. What have you shown to prove that Miller's experiment made sense?

Tudór:

this is frankly absurd and unintelligent.

1. you obviously dont know what you're talking about and that is reflective of the poor grammar and science in the above highlighted.

2. Oparin's postulation is what lead Miller and Urey to conduct their experiment.

3. I never claimed Oparin's postulations didnt involve water (again CLEAR evidence you dont really understand this experiment you are bandying around) . . . this was what i said - Actually the joke is on you ignorant babbler. Cryptic was DEAD RIGHT! Miller's experiment is a serious blow to the abiogenesis claim. This claim was first postulated by the Russian atheist Oparin who claimed that the begining was a warm oceanic soup from which life originated.

Miller's experiment contained water . . . unfortunately formation of peptide bonds REQUIRES the elimination of water!

While Oparin claimed the early earth was a warm soup (involving water), Miller designed his experiment to contain water . . . now the formation of peptide bonds requires the REMOVAL of water. That means under both Oparin and Miller's conditions . . . NO PROTEINS could be created!

4. Again you slimy empty-heads suddenly shift to "Oh why shld we think Miller's elements were the set conditions for primordial earth" . . . does that mean you DO NOT believe Miller's experiment?

Tudór:

Again a clear lack of scientific reasoning. What does the above mean or convey? Formation of protein precursors would not be possible in water so EXACTLY what are you talking about? Miller's experiment demonstrated that peptide bonds could not have been possible with his conditions (as he got exactly NO proteins in his "soup". So what is this drivel?

Tudór:

I laugh

At least i am directly taking on the experiment . . . beyond mentioning Miller's name and adding "experiment" to the end . . . what exactly have you said to provide evidence for your case?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2010
davidylan:

foolish. Cryptic said the miller-urey experiment did not validate the theory of abiogenesis . . . you claimed it did . . . why? Why are you shying away from PROVIDING evidence for your claims?

Dumb. I ALREADY DID THIS at least 3 times. What have you shown to prove that Miller's experiment made sense?

this is frankly absurd and unintelligent.

1. you obviously dont know what you're talking about and that is reflective of the poor grammar and science in the above highlighted.

2. Oparin's postulation is what lead Miller and Urey to conduct their experiment.

3. I never claimed Oparin's postulations didnt involve water (again CLEAR evidence you dont really understand this experiment you are bandying around) . . . this was what i said - Actually the joke is on you ignorant babbler. Cryptic was DEAD RIGHT! Miller's experiment is a serious blow to the abiogenesis claim. This claim was first postulated by the Russian atheist Oparin who claimed that the begining was a warm oceanic soup from which life originated.

Miller's experiment contained water . . . unfortunately formation of peptide bonds REQUIRES the elimination of water!

While Oparin claimed the early earth was a warm soup (involving water), Miller designed his experiment to contain water . . . now the formation of peptide bonds requires the REMOVAL of water. That means under both Oparin and Miller's conditions . . . NO PROTEINS could be created!

Arrant Nonsense. Usual tactics by religionists to dance around the issue.

What is the CENTRAL claim of abiogenesis?
Is it not the formation of life precursors from non-life related chemical reactions??

Are amino acids life precusors - YES

was miller able to produce amino acids from non-life related chemical reactions - YES

So, how can miller be said to invalidate abiogenesis??

4. Again you slimy empty-heads suddenly shift to "Oh why shld we think Miller's elements were the set conditions for primordial earth" . . . does that mean you DO NOT believe Miller's experiment?
Er NO. Unlike the dungeon hole of religion science is constantly evolving with new knowledge based on discoveries.

Miller and oparin maybe wrong in their conditions.

But ONE thing Miller did prove beyond doubt was life-precursors CAN be gotten from non-life related chemical reaction. This suggests Abiogenesis is POSSIBLE.

Again a clear lack of scientific reasoning. What does the above mean or convey? Formation of protein precursors would not be possible in water so EXACTLY what are you talking about? Miller's experiment demonstrated that peptide bonds could not have been possible with his conditions (as he got exactly NO proteins in his "soup". So what is this drivel?
@bolded.
Protein precursors are amino acids, no? Did miller not produce amino acids? So what exactly are you blabbing??

He got no proteins in his ''soup'' so what?

Before proteins you get the building blocks AMINO ACIDS.

I still repeat, millers conditions are NOT the set conditions of the primordial earth. Many factors could have existed that aided the formation of the bonds. His experiment might not be entirely accurately representative of the early earth and that might account for the limitation in his results.

Nevertheless Miller PROVED life precursors CAN be gotten from non-life related chemical reaction!! This experiment clearly suggested abiogenesis was possible!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by sledge406: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2010
Was worth reading from pages 1-10, ALL of una try.

Newest:

U guys are crazie, i remebered how 1 post made me to stop giving offering at church, ona don start again abi?
god no go gree for ona

i pity all ye that's condemning gods prophets

grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by macherie1: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
may God forgive all you who are calling the annointed ones of God thieves. when did u all become judges? did the bible not say judge not so that thou will not be judged? why don't u leave the judgement for God. my prayer goes especially to the person who called pastor Adeboye a thief. that man is an annointed man of God who is very humble. may the lord forgive u.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2010
ma cherie:

may God forgive all you who are calling the annointed ones of God thieves. when did u all become judges? did the bible not say judge not so that thou will not be judged? why don't u leave the judgement for God. my prayer goes especially to the person who called pastor Adeboye a thief. that man is an annointed man of God who is very humble. may the lord forgive u.

How comes you respect them more than God? Do all He asks of you and men of God won't be in ur mind all the time.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ikeyman00(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@

now i know the zombies parading as man of god

no comment
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nenum(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2010
Interesting thread, but let me bore you guyz a bit.

Everyone is criticizing the Pastor's (wait a minute, are these pastor's not part of the Nigerian Story)

The same Nigeria, where money rules, People only listen to you when you have the cash to back your talk.
Where the only way to be above the law is to be rich.
Where there are no good roads and all the rich men must have a private jet to catch up with their appointments.

Where on Friday the clubs and hang out are full and the same people equally fill the seats of the church on sunday.

Where a Christian school owner told my sister (maybe because we ain't founding member's of the church), that her fees was peanut compared to the amount used in building the school and he could do as he pleases

All the same i am a christian and a Nigeria and i would not stand anyone make sense of any of our pastor's (This is a family tradition and i would not be the first not to defend)

I am willing to wait for God's judgement.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bgees(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2010
Nenum:

Interesting thread, but let me bore you guyz a bit.

Everyone is criticizing the Pastor's (wait a minute, are these pastor's not part of the Nigerian Story)

The same Nigeria, where money rules, People only listen to you when you have the cash to back your talk.
Where the only way to be above the law is to be rich.
Where there are no good roads and all the rich men must have a private jet to catch up with their appointments.

Where on Friday the clubs and hang out are full and the same people equally fill the seats of the church on sunday.

Where a Christian school owner told my sister (maybe because we ain't founding member's of the church), that her fees was peanut compared to the amount used in building the school and he could do as he pleases

All the same i am a christian and a Nigeria and i would not stand anyone make sense of any of our pastor's (This is a family tradition and i would not be the first not to defend)

I am willing to wait for God's judgement.

Add the pastors to the list of politicians that need to be wiped out for Nigeria to get better. They are all guilty.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by GBT(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2010
. .and what have these men done for their community? owning two three aircrafts while the average Nigerian lives under a dollar a day.

Can some1 ans d question?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nenum(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2010
A friend once told me that he did not believe in God. (obviously he ain't a Nigerian). I argued with him continuously, that back where i am from without God, you almost might not be able to live right.
The argument went on for the whole day without any middle ground.

Finally i rounded up the argument by saying "How would you believe in God, when you wake up in the morning and put on the switch and the light comes on, you get to the train station and your train is there, like it has been waiting for you all night, you do no need to store water for fear of it running out, that you are involved in a ghastly accident and some thing called insurance would take care of that".

He in turn jokingly said, "wow, if that were a true picture even the devil will not need any biblical verse before believing"

Our pastor's are only a minute part of the Nigerian story

Please don't single them out.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nenum(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2010
bgees:

Add the pastors to the list of politicians that need to be wiped out for Nigeria to get better. They are all guilty.

My bro, it depends, as i would like to ask
Are our pastor's rich Nigerian men or blessed men of God?

Over to the house.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bgees(m): 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2010
We are all 'Men of God'. God created everyone of us. If Adeboye is a man of God, then so am I and everybody reading this.

You know people try out many things to make it , they hustle, pastoring is just another kind of hustle. So to answer your question, the pastors are rich Nigerian men.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nenum(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2010
Ans to the above.

If they are rich Nigerian men then, i do not think there is any thing wrong in them been pastor's and accruing more than enough wealth, at least most Nigerians think they need more than enough wealth to be able to get around.

- For judgment, That is left for God

However, if they are blessed Men of God, then i wonder what we would call the likes of Oprah that established Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa (A girls-only boarding school Inspired by her own "humble beginnings" and disadvantaged background, providing for academically gifted girls from impoverished backgrounds in South Africa who exhibited leadership qualities for making a difference in the world).

Did i hear you say, she is not a Nigerian or better still she ain't a "born again". You re right.

It's not an American Story, but a Nigerian one.

But Remember heaven has no story
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bgees(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2010
Nenum:

Ans to the above.

If they are rich Nigerian men then, i do not think there is any thing wrong in them been pastor's and accruing more than enough wealth, at least most Nigerians think they need more than enough wealth to be able to get around.

- For judgment, That is left for [b]God[/b]

However, if they are blessed Men of God, then i wonder what we would call the likes of Oprah that established Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa (A girls-only boarding school Inspired by her own "humble beginnings" and disadvantaged background, providing for academically gifted girls from impoverished backgrounds in South Africa who exhibited leadership qualities for making a difference in the world).

Did i hear you say, she is not a Nigerian or better still she ain't a "born again". You re right.

It's not an American Story, but a Nigerian one.

But Remember heaven has no story

How many prophets from Old to New testaments acquired wealth like the modern day prophets/pastors of today?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nenum(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2010
bgees:

How many prophets from Old to New testaments acquired wealth like the modern day prophets/pastors of today?

The ans is simple, They ain't Nigerian.
Period

Let them come back and see if they would last a month in Nigeria.

sits back laughing
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bgees(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2010
Ok. I get it. Its a Nigerian thing.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by zebra543: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2010
bgees:

Ok. I get it. Its a Nigerian thing.

you took the words straight out of my mouth!
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by ugosly(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders and Christians in this forum,I want to appeal to you to put an end to the name calling both to the men of God  and to the Lady tudor,
don,t forget that Jesus Christ even on the cross and at the point of death, still forgave his killers,because he knew they were ignorant of the things of the spirit, even Saul turned Paul did terrible things to Christians until he encountered Christ.

@tudor,I have read your write ups and can,t help but conclude that  u are a very very intelligent lady,U are a special breed,and whether you believe it or not ,you will work for God,I see u  coming back to this same forum to win and convert souls for Christ,it is people like you that will go the extra miles to preach the gospel of Christ.God created  your type so that his name may be glorified.
So whether you critic men of God or refuse to accept the existence of God,you are definitely going to work for God one day,I just pray your encounter with Him will not be a painful one  like that of Saul,
keep that in mind
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Newest: 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
This 1 win soul?, well I pray that God should forgive him/her b4 its too late
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2010
I already decided I ain't coming back here to talk about this, but on a second thought, I decided to speak on this issue once more.I actually did carry out Miller's experiment with my partner back in Oregon as a project topic in Environmental Microbiology. It involved creating an environment that is thought to be typical of the primitive earth. We used Water, Methane, Ammonia and Hydrogen. We sealed the mixture of these gases in a sterilized array of glass tubes(The reason why we did this was because we needed to destroy all of the micro organisms that could be in those tubes). I don't wanna start coming up with all this chemistry Jargon as not everyone reading this is a Scientist.  Basically, these gases reacted to form Organic Compounds. A few % being Amino Acids. glycine and compounds like complex sugars, lipids(diglycerides, phospholipids) was also formed. We had to continually heat, condense these mixture of gases. We also made use of electrodes to induce ligtning .It took about 6 days for this reaction to be fully concluded.This is Chemistry still. Chemical Reaction of Compounds resulting into the formation of more complex compounds. I wanna ask a simple question. How do these organic compounds form a protocell ?(That is if you even know what that means) I am specifically asking you this question Tudor, as u seem to parade yourself as being the smartest person here.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by mitchella1: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2010
@ dolemite, das a rili superficial statement to say in the least
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2010
Tudór:

I laugh

Tudór:

I laugh

You keep talking down on people here. Trying to act like you are intelligent, whereas you are nothing but an empty vessel making loud noises all over Nairaland. I am just gonna give you an advice. Shut the hell up and hide your face in shame.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2010
G.B.T:

. .and what have these men done for their community? owning two three aircrafts while the average Nigerian lives under a dollar a day.   

Can some1 ans d question?
I am going to answer the question you just asked. Have you heard about Kenneth Copeland ? Did you know his ministry owns a private airport in texas ? It is well rumoured here that he went vacationing with one of his private jets in Indonesia. He was seen with young under aged girls. I wanna ask u a question. What has Kenneth Copeland done for the city of Forth Worth ? We are human beings created for a particular purpose. The bible even said judge not so that you will not be judged. Leave judgment to God. What about David in the bible that killed another man and took over his wife ? Was he still not the man after God's heart ? You can not sow beans and reap paw paw. Even David had to suffer for his deeds. He paid for everything he did. More often than not, we suffer for our wrongdoings here on earth. We somehow pay. It is called the law of Karma. If these men are con men, let them be. They will certainly pay someway, someday. If they are true men of God then let God's word be propagated.  I'd rather we all find our places here on earth. Find out our purpose here. There is certainly a reason why every single person was created. How do you think the world evolved over time ? How do you think you are able to use that computer to communicate over a Wide Area Network ? People fulfilled God's purpose for their lives. Someone came up with the CPU that is the main unit that runs the computer, some set of guys came up with the machine code that runs the operating system. Some other guy came up with the world wide web(A physicist), who would ever believe a physicist would program the first web browser ? some other guy came up with building dynamic web pages( He came up with PHP(used to be known as personal home page), some other set of 2 guys took up his project and worked on it( It is now known as Hypertext pre processor). That is the language that runs this website you are able to have a discussion with. Instead of arguing our lives away, why don't we engage in something productive ? Something Posterity can benefit from. I just wish people would start thinking about how they can make an impact in this world, how they can come up with something that they will forever be remembered for.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Doptimist2: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2010
@ Ugosly

I totally agree with you. I was not really surprised at her posts cos this isn't the first time I've read her posts concerning sacred things like this before. But I'm fully convinced that sooner than she thinks, She'll see the light.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and the right to believe whatsoever they deem fit to believe. If they are so brave as they think, why don't the walk up to those Pastors they are accusing and deliver their message to them one on one?

You are free, Do and Say whatsoever you like, it's a free world.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by agitator: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2010
cryptic:

What about David in the bible that killed another man and took over his wife ? Was he still not the man after God's heart ?

Then no need to preach.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yemi Alade And Lola OJ's Outfit To #myFalzExperience / Yemi Alade With Patoranking In The Studio (Photos) / Tacha Shows Off Her New Range Rover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.