Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace (21748 Views)

Customs Lists Conditions For Reopening Land Borders To Vehicles, Rice, Others / Border Closure: Nigeria Lists Conditions To Reopen Borders With Neighbours / Atiku In Enugu, Meets Igbo Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by gidgiddy: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2018
Bishop4real:

What fact are you talking about? If you call all these predictions, sentiments & speculations, then what becomes of intelligence reports? If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime

No such intelligence report exists and nobody in government has ever come out to say IPOB was armed, getting armed or about to commit any crime. All we have are people like you who judge things on sentiments and not facts.

If you're not equipped for secession, then don't incite others into same. When you declare part of a sovereign state yours with total disregard to its constituted authorities & without recourse to the attendant consequences, whose fault is it?

IPOB has never taken over any area, even Kanu's own Village is still under Umuahia North Local Government. So where is this place that IPOB took over and seceded? Self determination is a legal right under the African charter, anybody can agitate for separation from Nigeria. If you people call that secession then use Google to find out the difference between separation and secession. The fact that IPOB wants a referendum removes any idea of secession from them.

So Kanu's speech about beheading PMB is an idiomatic expression? No wonder he got an "idiomatic" reaction!

Well, if Nigeria is a place where soldiers are sent after a person for talking then you have no democracy. All the people accusing Kanu can only point at his spoken words and nothing more. If your government is after a man for "talking", why isn't your government after those who have long gone past talking to actually destroying life and property such as Herdsmen, Niger Delta Militants and Boko Haram? Your head ache is that Kanu "talked"? How laughable

If you still deny that IPOB never attacked the military convoy on python dance "show force" injuring a soldier, then you're living in denial. You need to see how IPOB miscreants harass & intimidate people with divergent opinion from theirs. Can't even remember how many times I've been attacked for holding contrary opinion on IPOB & her operations.

The problem is that you are downplaying the efficacy & potency of spoken words/propaganda! How did the Rwandan war start? What do suicide bombers hear that convinces them to blow themselves up?

Tell me any army in the whole wild world that will sit back and wait for "armed attacks" after getting clue from rants of the enemy?

I have heard a lot of wild stories but I have never heard that a troop of Soldiers were moving in peace with guns and Tanks and unarmed civilians decided to face guns and Tanks with sticks and stones. Only someone high on drugs would attempt something like that. The usual story I hear is that Soldiers move into an area in a heavy handed way, start shooting, and civilians react by picking up stones and sticks to defend themselves. But if you want to believe that civilians went to fight armed Soldiers with stick and stones with no provocation then I can't believe that. Not even the devil will believe such a story. On the same day that Nigerian Army is claiming IPOB attacked them, the Army were going past Umuahia Press centre and noticed some journalists recording them. They went to the press centre, destroyed the place and beat up journalists.

If people say that the authorities should not wait until IPOB becomes armed, even though there is not a shred of evidence to that effect, then that would amount to criminalizing people even before they commit a crime, all based on sentiments.

The law grants us all the right of self determination, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association and freedom of movement.

All Kanu and IPOB did was exercise those rights
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Strikethem: 10:01am On Aug 08, 2018
marvinsync:

lol go learn history old man

the Eko ( Lagos) was created by the prince of Benin who then ruled over Eko
the Benin ruled Eko for centuries until it was colonized by the British and b4 the Portuguese had discovered it and named Eko Lagos .
then when Nigeria was formed Lagos was it's capital which made it the centre of development and after the civil war a lot of Igbo migrated to the Lagos ( which at that time was the capital of Nigeria and the capital of a country by definition is no man's land)

so now we have a relatively developed society
and no one can lay sole claim to it alone
not the Benin , not the Yorubas and not the Igbos

and how can benin own Onitsha?
have u been to onitsha?
Learn your history very well. I have heard you, bini jumped over ondo, n ogun to own Lagos according to typical pained igbo. The awori in Lagos before anybody must be Benin. But learn your history, Benin is the rightful owner of onitsa. No, the igbos can claim it, since arochukwu is the first settler in Lagos.
Read onitsha history and learn
http://www.edoworld.net/History_of_Onitsha.html

1 Like

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by nwas55: 10:22am On Aug 08, 2018
Boast your account and see text below..no doubting .all you need is to stake high and win big..we congrats to yesterday subscribers..
todays game s ready..call or Whatsapp..winning is guaranteed..

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by marvinsync(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2018
Strikethem:
Learn your history very well. I have heard you, bini jumped over ondo, n ogun to own Lagos according to typical pained igbo. The awori in Lagos before anybody must be Benin. But learn your history, Benin is the rightful owner of onitsa. No, the igbos can claim it, since arochukwu is the first settler in Lagos.

lol firstly just take 5 seconds to Google the history of Lagos and stop saying all these " the Benin jumped over ondo , Ogun, to own Lagos" cause u sound like an illiterate

secondly the Benin simply migrated to Onitsha because of the issues going on in their land and there were already people there , it even had a different name migrating to a place doesn't make u the owner there and I seem to recall at some point Onitsha was the capital of IGBO LAND
go to Onitsha and speak a Benin language and see who will answer u they were simply just immigrants
cry me a river

but the case is different in Lagos
Lagos( Eko) was actually created by the oba of Benin and the Benin kingdom ruled it for centuries and made it a center of trade and slavery and I never said the Benin owned Lagos
but I said Lagos has a history of being built by different tribes even the Niger Delta oil was involved
it would be nonsense to give it all to a particular tribe because they are the majority
and note the only original settlers of Eko was the awori the rest of the Yorubas u see here migrated from Ogun and osun

so pls do ur research I'm tired of arguing when Google is there

1 Like

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Bishop4real: 11:29am On Aug 08, 2018
gidgiddy:

No such intelligence report exists and nobody in government has ever come out to say IPOB was armed, getting armed or about to commit any crime. All we have are people like you who judge things on sentiments and not facts.

IPOB has never taken over any area, even Kanu's own Village is still under Umuahia North Local Government. So where is this place that IPOB took over and seceded? Self determination is a legal right under the African charter, anybody can agitate for separation from Nigeria. If you people call that secession then use Google to find out the difference between separation and secession. The fact that IPOB wants a referendum removes any idea of secession from them.

I have heard a lot of wild stories but I have never heard that a troop of Soldiers were moving in peace with guns and Tanks and unarmed civilians decided to face guns and Tanks with sticks and stones. Only someone high on drugs would attempt something like that. The usual story I hear is that Soldiers move into an area in a heavy handed way, start shooting, and civilians react by picking up stones and sticks to defend themselves. But if you want to believe that civilians went to fight armed Soldiers with stick and stones with no provocation then I can't believe that. Not even the devil will believe such a story. On the same day that Nigerian Army is claiming IPOB attacked them, the Army were going past Umuahia Press centre and noticed some journalists recording them. They went to the press centre, destroyed the place and beat up journalists.

If people say that the authorities should not wait until IPOB becomes armed, even though there is not a shred of evidence to that effect, then that would amount to criminalizing people even before they commit a crime, all based on sentiments.

The law grants us all the right of self determination, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association and freedom of movement.

All Kanu and IPOB did was exercise those rights

I suppose you're part of the security agencies to know that no intelligence report exists. Or probably you expect them to paste such on all dailies abi? Government has repeatedly said that IPOB is armed & have classified information on that. They don't owe you or IPOB any explanations on that. The impounded importation of arms by IPOB is just one out of many.

It's great to hear you posit that IPOB has not taken over any area. But I implore you to investigate the activities of your men on ground. They think & act differently from your position above. Same charter that recognizes right to self determination also recognizes the sanctity of the sovereignty of nations. More so, there are led down standards in agitations. Any form of derailing from known norms shall be met with corresponding level of resistance & corrective measures.

As weird as it sounds to you, IPOBians actually attacked the military team on routine operation "show force". In their ignorance & show of bravado, they over stepped bounds without even realizing their folly. Kanu himself supported such & boasted on camera that the boys are willing to do more to prove that they are on "Biafra land". Thanks for admitting that all those environs are under a local in Nigeria. Hence, how do you expect the military to sit back and watch some misguided miscreants claim such to be "Biafra land"?

Tell me any nation, the world over, that will wait for any security risk to strike before taking action? Why hasn't US & other world powers waited for North Korea to go ahead with their alleged nuclear power development before deciding to attack them? Iran nko?

Hear yourself: "The law grants us all the right of self determination, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association and freedom of movement". Note that all these rights are not absolute; they are relative & are affected by lots of variable peculiarities. Other citizens rights must also be put into consideration. You don't usurp other people's rights in pursuit of yours. When IPOB activities infringe into other people's rights, their rights call to question.

As Kanu & IPOB are free to exercise their rights, FGN is also free to exercise her right to defend her territorial sovereignty!!!

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by gidgiddy: 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
Bishop4real:

I suppose you're part of the security agencies to know that no intelligence report exists. Or probably you expect them to paste such on all dailies abi? Government has repeatedly said that IPOB is armed & have classified information on that. They don't owe you or IPOB any explanations on that. The impounded importation of arms by IPOB is just one out of many

This is democracy not military rule. Why would government say that IPOB are armed and dangerous but hide the evidence? Why would government have credible intelligence on IPOB which they say are terrorists but hide the information? Does that really make any sense to you? If the impounded guns were for IPOB, why hasn't government come to say so? Why would government be shielding information that exposes? IPOB? The logical explanation is that they have nothing on IPOB except speculation.

It's great to hear you posit that IPOB has not taken over any area. But I implore you to investigate the activities of your men on ground. They think & act differently from your position above. Same charter that recognizes right to self determination also recognizes the sanctity of the sovereignty of nations. More so, there are led down standards in agitations. Any form of derailing from known norms shall be met with corresponding level of resistance & corrective measures.

The law doesn't care anybody or IPOB thinks in their head, the law care about actions. What is it that IPOB did that needed military intervention? Did they kill anybody or take up arms or destroy property? These are the reasons you call in the military and not because somebody is waving a flag

As weird as it sounds to you, IPOBians actually attacked the military team on routine operation "show force". In their ignorance & show of bravado, they over stepped bounds without even realizing their folly. Kanu himself supported such & boasted on camera that the boys are willing to do more to prove that they are on "Biafra land". Thanks for admitting that all those environs are under a local in Nigeria. Hence, how do you expect the military to sit back and watch some misguided miscreants claim such to be "Biafra land"?

In other words, the military left places like the Niger Delta, the middle belt and the North East where armed groups such as militants, Herdsmen, Boko Haram, bandits are all running around with AK 47 murdering people daily. But it was in the SE where there was no armed group that the military went to "show force". I think the leaders of Nigeria have mental problems. People are crying for help in different parts of Nigeria, burying their children, chased out of their communities, their farmlands destroyed. But the military went to show force where there was no armed conflict? This is pure madness.

[Tell me any nation, the world over, that will wait for any security risk to strike before taking action? Why hasn't US & other world powers waited for North Korea to go ahead with their alleged nuclear power development before deciding to attack them? Iran nko?

North Korea is armed, IPOB is not. North Korea was regularly launching rockets for the world to see. Nobody has ever seen IPOB with guns. Don't use that sort of example.

Hear yourself: "The law grants us all the right of self determination, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association and freedom of movement". Note that all these rights are not absolute; they are relative & are affected by lots of variable peculiarities. Other citizens rights must also be put into consideration. You don't usurp other people's rights in pursuit of yours. When IPOB activities infringe into other people's rights, their rights call to question.

As Kanu & IPOB are free to exercise their rights, FGN is also free to exercise her right to defend her territorial sovereignty!!!

Yes, these rights are not absolute but they should only be curtailed if being used to commit crime. All Kanu did was talk. All the accusations against him is about what he said or didn't say. Nobody can point to one thing he actually did. Everybody is about the words that came out of his mouth. So this whole thing is because IPOB and Kanu are talking and waving flag? This is the only crime they commited to warrant Python dance? Nigeria is defending its territorial integrity against unarmed people?
In a country where other groups are killing people? Laughable
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Strikethem: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
marvinsync:

lol firstly just take 5 seconds to Google the history of Lagos and stop saying all these " the Benin jumped over ondo , Ogun, to own Lagos" cause u sound like an illiterate

secondly the Benin simply migrated to Onitsha because of the issues going on in their land and there were already people there , it even had a different name migrating to a place doesn't make u the owner there and I seem to recall at some point Onitsha was the capital of IGBO LAND
go to Onitsha and speak a Benin language and see who will answer u they were simply just immigrants
cry me a river

but the case is different in Lagos
Lagos( Eko) was actually created by the oba of Benin and the Benin kingdom ruled it for centuries and made it a center of trade and slavery and I never said the Benin owned Lagos
but I said Lagos has a history of being built by different tribes even the Niger Delta oil was involved
it would be nonsense to give it all to a particular tribe because they are the majority
and note the only original settlers of Eko was the awori the rest of the Yorubas u see here migrated from Ogun and osun

so pls do ur research I'm tired of arguing when Google is there
Hehehehe, seriously I didn't know I have been involving with a dummy since, So which google are you referring to again. You mean your ipob google grin? Did your own version of google tells you how bini were doing slave trade in eko, did your own google tells you how some people(awori, Yoruba tribe, the aboriginal) do attack the bini solders and always disturb them? Did your own google tells you how the soldiers went to report to oba of bini about the way the aworis do attack them and how oba sent his prince, Ado. Your own google did not tell you how the prince became the first one of Lagos. Lol, the only thing your own version of google told you is that the price of bini ruled Eko and nothing more. I blame myself for engaging you in the first place. You claim bini met people in this onitsa but bini did not met anybody in Lagos, funny kid. Can you mention the name of the people they met in onitsa, I am proud to mention that bini people met the awori and ijebus in Lagos. If you do not any concrete point to argue, don't disturb me again. I can't relate the illiterate dummy like you. Which Niger delta money? When was oil discovered Lagos has seen development before the discovery of oil. I don't know why you are digressing now, You don't say bini own Lagos, are you this confuse, which one did you belong to.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Bishop4real: 2:37am On Aug 09, 2018
gidgiddy:

This is democracy not military rule. Why would government say that IPOB are armed and dangerous but hide the evidence? Why would government have credible intelligence on IPOB which they say are terrorists but hide the information? Does that really make any sense to you? If the impounded guns were for IPOB, why hasn't government come to say so? Why would government be shielding information that exposes? IPOB? The logical explanation is that they have nothing on IPOB except speculation.

The law doesn't care anybody or IPOB thinks in their head, the law care about actions. What is it that IPOB did that needed military intervention? Did they kill anybody or take up arms or destroy property? These are the reasons you call in the military and not because somebody is waving a flag

In other words, the military left places like the Niger Delta, the middle belt and the North East where armed groups such as militants, Herdsmen, Boko Haram, bandits are all running around with AK 47 murdering people daily. But it was in the SE where there was no armed group that the military went to "show force". I think the leaders of Nigeria have mental problems. People are crying for help in different parts of Nigeria, burying their children, chased out of their communities, their farmlands destroyed. But the military went to show force where there was no armed conflict? This is pure madness.

North Korea is armed, IPOB is not. North Korea was regularly launching rockets for the world to see. Nobody has ever seen IPOB with guns. Don't use that sort of example.

Yes, these rights are not absolute but they should only be curtailed if being used to commit crime. All Kanu did was talk. All the accusations against him is about what he said or didn't say. Nobody can point to one thing he actually did. Everybody is about the words that came out of his mouth. So this whole thing is because IPOB and Kanu are talking and waving flag? This is the only crime they commited to warrant Python dance? Nigeria is defending its territorial integrity against unarmed people?
In a country where other groups are killing people? Laughable

Not military of any country, irrespective of system of government, will ever disclose her classified information. That's why spies exist: to prey on careless countries! Russia should disclose her strategy in Syria or US her strategy against ISIS? Whatever FGN has against IPOB remains classified & can only be disclosed to the right persons at the right time. I repeat they don't owe you or IPOB any explanations!

Maybe you think taking up arms, killings & destroying of properties are the only actions that can attract military intervention. The primary duty of a nation's military is to protect her territorial sovereignty & integrity. Any form of threat to such: be it taking up arms ooo, killing ooo, destruction of properties ooo, declaring a state/country within a sovereign country ooo etc shall be made to face the wrath of the law & full military weight as situation demands. Unfortunately, it's not within your capacity or that of IPOB to determine for the Nigerian military where there is need for "operation show force" or even any other military operation anywhere in Nigeria.

Military operations are exclusively at the prerogative of the commander in chief. Based on available security intelligence reports, the commander in chief decides what's best at every material time. Of course, this is always with full advice of his security team.

North Korea is a sovereign country with defined territory, IPOB is not! It's just a mere organization which claims to be fighting for the rights of indigenous people of Biafra. Besides, IPOB was caught on tape with dangerous weapons against the military even to the extent of wounding a soldier in the process. They are also on tape declaring some of parts of Nigeria (SE/SS/some parts of NC) as Biafra thereby defying known norms of engagement.

Thanks again for admitting that rights are not absolute. Kanu can freely talk & express himself, but if such talks undermine the territorial integrity of Nigeria in whatever guise, the security outfits must swop in on him accordingly.
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by marvinsync(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2018
Strikethem:
Hehehehe, seriously I didn't know I have been involving with a dummy since, So which google are you referring to again. You mean your ipob google grin? Did your own version of google tells you how bini were doing slave trade in eko, did your own google tells you how some people(awori, Yoruba tribe, the aboriginal) do attack the bini solders and always disturb them? Did your own google tells you how the soldiers went to report to oba of bini about the way the aworis do attack them and how oba sent his prince, Ado. Your own google did not tell you how the prince became the first one of Lagos. Lol, the only thing your own version of google told you is that the price of bini ruled Eko and nothing more. I blame myself for engaging you in the first place. You claim bini met people in this onitsa but bini did not met anybody in Lagos, funny kid. Can you mention the name of the people they met in onitsa, I am proud to mention that bini people met the awori and ijebus in Lagos. If you do not any concrete point to argue, don't disturb me again. I can't relate the illiterate dummy like you. Which Niger delta money? When was oil discovered Lagos has seen development before the discovery of oil. I don't know why you are digressing now, You don't say bini own Lagos, are you this confuse, which one did you belong to.

sit down
and listen
my first point ever was NO ONE CAN CLAIM SOLE OWNERSHIP OF LAGOS and that's all I've been tryna prove by saying the history of lagos

now about the history of Lagos
there was some conflict with the awori and the Benin traders which then led to the prince of Benin coming over and was GLADLY AND HAPPILY WELCOMED in fact he was told to stay and RULE them
so then Eko ( which is what the land was named by the Benin was called then) became part of the BENIN empire ( and yes slavery was done there , use the correct Google ) and it remained so until Lagos ( which it was called by the Portuguese ) was colonized and became the capital of Nigeria ( yes the aworis never gained freedom, so that means by technicality that if Nigeria gained independence from the white and so did Lagos then Eko is still part of the Benin empire )
now about the Niger Delta oil , I never said that it was what single handedly resulted to the growth of Lagos or that it was we Igbos
I'm saying it's all of that
all tribes in Nigeria are represented here in high numbers and they are all tax payers too ( though the Igbos are in the highest number)

so that's my point
stop claiming what u don't own ( ur oba which I think might be Benin said so himself )

now about Onitsha , the Benin never ruled Onitsha they never had an oba there so Onitsha never belonged to them they were simply immigrants !!!
they might have contributed to the development but that's all!!!

ps where did the ijebus come from
in my own Google only the aworis where the original inhabitants of Eko

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by marvinsync(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2018
Strikethem:

sit down
and listen
my first point ever was NO ONE CAN CLAIM SOLE OWNERSHIP OF LAGOS and that's all I've been tryna prove by saying the history of lagos

there was some conflict with the awori and the Benin traders which then led to the prince of Benin coming over and was GLADLY AND HAPPILY WELCOMED in fact he was told to stay and RULE them
so then Eko ( which is what the land was named by the Benin was called then) became part of the BENIN empire ( and yes slavery was done there , use the correct Google ) and it remained so until Lagos ( which it was called by the Portuguese ) was colonized and became the capital of Nigeria ( yes the aworis never gained freedom, so that means by technicality that if Nigeria gained independence from the white and so did Lagos then Eko is still part of the Benin empire )
now about the Niger Delta oil , I never said that it was what single handedly resulted to the growth of Lagos or that it was we Igbos
all tribes in Nigeria are represented here in high numbers and they are all tax payers too ( though the Igbos are in the highest number)

so that's my point
stop claiming what u don't own ( ur oba which I think might be Benin said so himself )

now about Onitsha , the Benin never ruled Onitsha they never had an oba there so Onitsha never belonged to them they were simply immigrants !!!

Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Strikethem: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2018
marvinsync:

sit down
and listen

[b]there was some conflict with the awori and the Benin traders which then led to the prince of Benin coming over and was GLADLY AND HAPPILY WELCOMED in fact he was told to stay and RULE them
so then Eko ( which is what the land was named by the Benin was called then) became part of the BENIN [/b]empire ( and yes slavery was done there , use the correct Google ) and it remained so until Lagos ( which it was called by the Portuguese ) was colonized and became the capital of Nigeria ( yes the aworis never gained freedom, so that means by technicality that if Nigeria gained independence from the white and so did Lagos then Eko is still part of the Benin empire )

so that's my point

Oga, I asked you question, what does your own version of google tells you. Not your non existing epistle The owner of Lagos, the bona-fide owner, the Yorubas already in their land doing things. No, I will say igbos can claim the ownership. I salute the level of your confusion, I understand how you feel. Today, it is bini land, tomorrow, it is no man's land. We understand una pain. Did your own history not tell you awori n ijebus already in Lagos before bini ever step in Lagos. I don't even know if you don't read before posting. You posted a source, in the source that explain how oba of bini traders about being mistreated by AWORI ( Yoruba) people who live in the current day Lagos. Next time, read, understand paragraph before making comments on it instead of coming to disgrace yourself. The same source you posted just disgraced you. Now to the bolded, so you accept the awori people have been living in Lagos before the bini came, with that, who is now the aboriginal of Lagos. Oga, go and sleep. I don't claim what I don't own, Lagos is my heritage as a Yoruba man, did I go to bini or delta to claim, or did I claim arochukwu. No how much you wail, you can't change what God has done since inception. Your hatred for Yoruba can't change the heritage God has given to us. You should be bordered about onitsha being bini heritage. Thanks
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by marvinsync(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
Strikethem:
Oga, I asked you question, what does your own version of google tells you. Not your non existing epistle The owner of Lagos, the bona-fide owner, the Yorubas already in their land doing things. No, I will say igbos can claim the ownership. I salute the level of your confusion, I understand how you feel. Today, it is bini land, tomorrow, it is no man's land. We understand una pain. Did your own history not tell you awori n ijebus already in Lagos before bini ever step in Lagos. I don't even know if you don't read before posting. You posted a source, in the source that explain how oba of bini traders about being mistreated by AWORI ( Yoruba) people who live in the current day Lagos. Next time, read, understand paragraph before making comments on it instead of coming to disgrace yourself. The same source you posted just disgraced you. Now to the bolded, so you accept the awori people have been living in Lagos before the bini came, with that, who is now the aboriginal of Lagos. Oga, go and sleep. I don't claim what I don't own, Lagos is my heritage as a Yoruba man, did I go to bini or delta to claim, or did I claim arochukwu. No how much you wail, you can't change what God has done since inception. Your hatred for Yoruba can't change the heritage God has given to us. You should be bordered about onitsha being bini heritage. Thanks

why are u so confused
go back to all my quotes I never said the Benin owned Lagos neither did I say the Igbos did ,all I said was no one can claim sole OWNERSHIP of Lagos
now the awori are Yorubas ,yes
they were the original inhabitants of the land , yes
but do they own modern day Lagos , NO!
Eko is a kingdom of Benin and b4 u start screaming the aworis were there first let me tell u
not every first settler is the owner of a place
sometimes people settle somewhere first and then they are conquered and the land is owned by another kingdom
ie not in every situation is first settler = owner of territory , look at the history of European countries and north America

now back to the story the awori and awori alone ( there is no ijebu) were the first settlers in MAINLAND Lagos ( ie Lagos island was empty , another day that would have been a point of discussion) and then they SURRENDERED authority to the Benin and became part of the BENIN kingdom for CENTURIES till they were colonized and and became Lagos
but despite this i still can't say Lagos belongs to Benin because there would be some solid arguments against this such as the end of the Benin empire and such

now u also can't ignore the contributions to Lagos made by the Igbo and other tribes in the country

so let me ask u what other right to Lagos does the Yorubas have other than original settlers of a conquered kingdom Huh?

go and tell ur mommy that the only achievement u afonjas have is a lie
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Strikethem: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2018
marvinsync:

why are u so confused
go back to all my quotes I never said the Benin owned Lagos neither did I say the Igbos did ,all I said was no one can claim sole OWNERSHIP of Lagos
now the awori are Yorubas ,yes
they were the original inhabitants of the land , yes
but do they own modern day Lagos , NO!
Eko is a kingdom of Benin and b4 u start screaming the aworis were there first let me tell u
not every first settler is the owner of a place
sometimes people settle somewhere first and then they are conquered and the land is owned by another kingdom
ie not in every situation is first settler = owner of territory , look at the history of European countries and north America

now back to the story the awori and awori alone ( there is no ijebu) were the first settlers in MAINLAND Lagos ( ie Lagos island was empty , another day that would have been a point of discussion) and then they SURRENDERED authority to the Benin and became part of the BENIN kingdom for CENTURIES till they were colonized and and became Lagos
but despite this i still can't say Lagos belongs to Benin because there would be some solid arguments against this such as the end of the Benin empire and such

now u also can't ignore the contributions to Lagos made by the Igbo and other tribes in the country

so let me ask u what other right to Lagos does the Yorubas have other than original settlers of a conquered kingdom Huh?

go and tell ur mommy that the only achievement u afonjas have is a lie

Be wailing here day and night. The owner of Lagos n other southwestern states are doing their things. All over southwest, we are egbe omo oodua. No, they do not own morden day Lagos, mama farthern night Lagos they own grin cheesy. Your knashing of teeth and epistle here is just effort in futile. Contribution of igbo like building the roads in Lagos, like constructing the bridges in Lagos, oh, by building the national theatre, by making the electricity in Lagos stable, oh, sorry, Mr chukwudi was the one that use his personal money to construct third mainland bridge. Or what other way do you contribute. You come to Lagos to hustle, Lagos made everything available for anyone to do business and this one is saying igbo contribution, what did igbo contributed may be you can list it for us here. If awori are not the owner of modern day Lagos, definitely, igbos are not the owner of modern day enugu, onitsa, cos there are many hausas, yorubas n other doing business there.
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by marvinsync(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Strikethem:
Be wailing here day and night. The owner of Lagos n other southwestern states are doing their things. All over southwest, we are egbe omo oodua. No, they do not own morden day Lagos, mama farthern night Lagos they own grin cheesy. Your knashing of teeth and epistle here is just effort in futile. Contribution of igbo like building the roads in Lagos, like constructing the bridges in Lagos, oh, by building the national theatre, by making the electricity in Lagos stable, oh, sorry, Mr chukwudi was the one that use his personal money to construct third mainland bridge. Or what other way do you contribute. You come to Lagos to hustle, Lagos made everything available for anyone to do business and this one is saying igbo contribution, what did igbo contributed may be you can list it for us here. If awori are not the owner of modern day Lagos, d[b]efinitely, igbos are not the owner of modern day enugu, onitsa, cos there are many hausas[/b], yorubas n other doing business there.

Lol it seems uve given up and stop making points

And if by now u stipl dont know the difference between lagos and onitsha then its sad , lol what business the hausa is doing beggin? , cattle rearing pls
And which yoruba dey for enugu? Brother it seems u confused

Its like ive been talking to a brick wall
Anyways u and i both know u can never admit it and is just gonna keep making forced arguments
So lets end thiz
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Strikethem: 11:57am On Aug 10, 2018
marvinsync:

Lol it seems uve given up and stop making points

And if by now u stipl dont know the difference between lagos and onitsha then its sad , lol what business the hausa is doing beggin? , cattle rearing pls
And which yoruba dey for enugu? Brother it seems u confused

Its like ive been talking to a brick wall
Anyways u and i both know u can never admit it and is just gonna keep making forced arguments
So lets end thiz
Guy, explain how igbo develop Lagos or shut up. Difference between onitsa and Lagos my foot. You can as well say Abuja is no man's land na. Calabar was Nigeria capital before Lagos, but we know the owners. Explain how igbos contribute to the development of Lagos. grin No Yoruba in enugu hehehehe, did you see why I refer to you as dummy. Well, I am waiting for you to explain how igbos contributed to Lagos o. I will admit if you tell how igbos contribute to Lagos. I have been asking this question for long but none of you has given answer to it. Maybe you can help them. You must have done great census to know the number of Yorubas in enugu that made you pull out figure like 100 grin
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by marvinsync(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
Strikethem:
Guy, explain how igbo develop Lagos or shut up. Difference between onitsa and Lagos my foot. You can as well say Abuja is no man's land na. Calabar was Nigeria capital before Lagos, but we know the owners. Explain how igbos contribute to the development of Lagos. grin No Yoruba in enugu hehehehe, did you see why I refer to you as dummy. Well, I am waiting for you to explain how igbos contributed to Lagos o. I will admit if you tell how igbos contribute to Lagos. I have been asking this question for long but none of you has given answer to it. Maybe you can help them.

how Igbos developed Lagos?
that's a stupid question
Google is ur friend
any answer I give u will be backfired and ull never admit sh!t and besides that's changing the topic ie the original argument here

now if there are 100 Yoruba in Enugu does that qualify anyone to say " there are Yorubas in Enugu "? com'on

and as for Abuja currently it is capital of Nigeria so presently it's a no man's land
besides that's not the point

Lagos is unique ,there are so many factors that contribute to its "no man's land " argument ,
that's singularly these factors won't determine ownership in other places
but combined that's a different story entirely

these factors are
lagos was/is part of the Benin kingdom
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria
lagos was developed by different tribes
etc ...

these combination is too strong to be just be dismissed cause the majority ( Yoruba ) claim they were on the mainland first
Re: IPOB Meets Igbo Leaders, Lists Conditions For Peace by Strikethem: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
marvinsync:

how Igbos developed Lagos?
that's a stupid question
Google is ur friend
any answer I give u will be backfired and ull never admit sh!t and besides that's changing the topic ie the original argument here

now if there are 100 Yoruba in Enugu does that qualify anyone to say " there are Yorubas in Enugu "? com'on

and as for Abuja currently it is capital of Nigeria so presently it's a no man's land
besides that's not the point

Lagos is unique ,there are so many factors that contribute to its "no man's land " argument ,
that's singularly these factors won't determine ownership in other places
but combined that's a different story entirely

these factors are
lagos was/is part of the Benin kingdom
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria
lagos was developed by different tribes
etc ...

these combination is too strong to be just be dismissed cause the majority ( Yoruba ) claim they were on the mainland first

Nothing you type that makes meaning, until you tell me the contribution of igbos to Lagos, Yoruba state. Mind you, I will be asking you questions from each point you make. Until then. Going back to your no man's land palava. Can we conclud that Calabar is no man's land according to igbos cos it was once a capital of Nigeria. Meanwhile, you still not answered my question. Why won't I admit if you can give a concrete point of how igbos develop Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Again, Buhari, Jonathan Meet On Mali Crisis / Osinbajo Reacts To Reports Claiming He Said “kidnapping In Nigeria Exaggerated” / Garba Shehu: Mamman Daura Is An Inspiration For Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.