Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,233 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Prisoner Of Love: The Story - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (67507 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by genius43(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Well done OP. Dope as usual

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Oh my Goodness!!!!

Nothing should happen to Rachael pls embarassed

Thanks for the update Boss James

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
OMG,Racheal must not die ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by devilmaycry1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Hmmmmmm...
y hmm

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by devilmaycry1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
for where better wake her up na na if nt i will kill u myself she must nt die

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
gbese, God of Elijah send down power oooooo,

Boss how d update, chai, no even knw wetin to type self.
ikule oooo

wo tanks for the update joor

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kendrick80(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
Damn Racheal is gone..... cry
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Uniquechild(f): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2018
Why will they leave the wedding and went on that adventure? Please nothing should happen to Rachael. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pweetymhi(f): 5:46am On Aug 25, 2018
No oooo this isn't happening..... Rachel must nt die oo

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by jesvic91(m): 6:29am On Aug 25, 2018
Oh!! Jeeeezzzž!!...Noting must happen oh.. Thanks for the update.. PA james wink shocked cool
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Hantonia(f): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2018
Op pls don't allow Rachel die oo tanks 4 sharing d great piece God bless u
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2018
Update ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by franklin000(m): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
Please update oo

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
this last updated just made me remember something, u have succeeded in making me cry

Thank u oh op

But abeg make she no die

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
genius43:
Well done OP. Dope as usual

Thank you, genius43. It's been a while.

izaray:
Thanks for the update

You are welcome, izaray

Ann2012:
Oh my Goodness!!!!

Nothing should happen to Rachael pls embarassed

Thanks for the update Boss James

I pray so too ooooo, Ann2012.

afolabiwunmi:
OMG,Racheal must not die ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,thanks for the update.

Afolabiwunmi, I pray so too ooo.

devilmaycry1:
for where better wake her up na na if nt i will kill u myself
she must nt die

Lol!

skubido:
gbese, God of Elijah send down power oooooo,

Boss how d update, chai, no even knw wetin to type self.

ikule oooo

wo tanks for the update joor

Skubido, I see you, baba.

Kendrick80:
Damn Racheal is gone..... cry

cry cry cry

Uniquechild:
Why will they leave the wedding and went on that adventure? Please nothing should happen to Rachael. Thanks for the update

Abi ooooo, uniquechild.

pweetymhi:
No oooo this isn't happening..... Rachel must nt die oo

Pweetymhi, I hope so too oooo.

Hantonia:
Op pls don't allow Rachel die oo tanks 4 sharing d great piece God bless u

Hantonia, thanks for the compliment.

jesvic91:
Oh!! Jeeeezzzž!!...Noting must happen oh.. Thanks for the update.. PA james wink shocked cool

You are welcome, jesvic91.

afolabiwunmi:
Update ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Update is on the way oooooo.

franklin000:
Please update oo

Update is cooking, Franklin000.

debbycreamy:
this last updated just made me remember something, u have succeeded in making me cry

Thank u oh op

But abeg make she no die

Debbycreamy, oh-oh. Sorry about that.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
Episode 13 (Chapter 12)

“RACHAEEEEEEL!!!” TOMIWA SCREAMED AS he stretched for the last time not minding if he was going to lose his grip on the sharp edge or not. He grabbed her hand at the nick of time! He felt serious pain from the blistered palm that held them to the sharp edge. But that wouldn’t compare to the one that could result from the loss of his Rachael, and he wasn’t prepared to die young either. So, he held on to her tightly in spite of the pain and pulled her to himself. The moment he found his footings on solid ground, she jumped at him, hugging him tightly as if loosening the grip a little would result in her instant death. Beads of sweat appeared on both foreheads from nowhere and their hearts pounded heavily. The heartbeats sounded like a locomotive train and looked like it was loud enough to be heard audibly by those partying away at the foot of the rock.

“Ah! Oh, my God … Oh, my God … Oh, my God!” Rachael uttered breathlessly.

“Calm down, Sweetheart … it’s alright … you know … I will never let you fall … and you will have to tell mum you love her yourself” Tomiwa who was equally breathing heavily at the moment, calmed her, stroking her hair gently.

They were more careful when they resumed the descent down the rock and before long, they re-joined the others and started preparing to return to Lagos.

The journey back home, though long, was smooth. The time together in the bus provided them with the opportunity to reminisce over the events of the day once more. The scary fall from the rock didn’t diminish their fun in anyway. The more they thought about it, the more the bond between them grew as Rachael nestled her head on his shoulder. From all that happened at the event, one thing that left a lasting impression on Rachael was that she noticed how highly Tomiwa’s colleagues held him which meant a lot to her. The respect from his colleagues was not as a result of age or seniority but because they saw something in him. That thing which Rachael too saw and made her count herself deeply blessed to have him.

By the time they got to Lagos, it was about 9.00 pm and it took her another hour or so to get home no thanks to Lagos traffic even on Saturday night! As soon as she got home, she put a call across to Tomiwa to inform him that she had gotten home safely by which time Tomiwa was just entering into his apartment too. They didn’t talk long because they had had enough fun for the day. More so, they were seriously tired and ready to crash in their beds for a roller-coaster ride into the world of dreams.

The following Monday after yet another smooth Weekly Performance Review meeting, all that was on everybody’s lips was Fatima’s wedding and all the fun and glamour of the occasion. The discussion clearly showed that everyone who attended enjoyed themselves to the limits and wished it had lasted longer than it did. The discussion made those who missed out cringe in disappointment and soon turned in the direction of Tomiwa and Rachael. Adijat was the first to bring up the topic. “Did you guys see Tomiwa’s fiancée? Ah! God finish work for her body.”

“Are you serious, Adijat? How come I didn’t see her?” Gbenga asked biting his index finger.

“You know you left early. They arrived shortly after you left, otherwise you would have met her.” Adijat explained.

“Gbenga, you really missed. Though I am a lady, I can’t deny an amazing beauty when I see one. Like Adijat said, that babe is … is … is … ah, I don’t even know what adjective to describe her beauty.” Folake added. “Chief Henrio, abi we lie ni?” She turned to Henry.

“Sincerely, that babe is wonderfully gorgeous. In fact, the first day I met her I was flabbergasted. It was as if an angel dropped from heaven right before me …”

“Hmmmmmmm?” Everyone chorused.

Henry continued with his description, “I opened my mouth and I couldn’t close it until saliva started streaming down my mouth like I was an slowpoke. I was completely carried away.”

“Oh, Jeeeez! Chief Henrio, you are now exaggerating!” Tomiwa cut it smilingly.

Ignoring Tomiwa’s comment, Henry went on, “In a nutshell, that girl is a missing angel. Chai! Over beautiful dey worry am. If not that I am married I would have snatched her away from this junk boy.”

Tomiwa who kept paying attention to all that was being said was full of warm smiles, feeling happy with himself. It was safe to say that he was feeling on top of the world.

“Who would ever imagine …” Henry continued, “…that this junk boy who behaves like he can’t even swallow a morsel of eba could actually catch such a pretty damsel?”

Everyone clapped their hands resoundingly and cheered, “Up Tommy! Up Tommy!!”

“But beyond the beauty, Rachael, that’s her name, came across as a very lovely, cool-headed lady. I’m sure she will make a good wife.” Amaka lent her voice to the discussion.

Just then, Mr Popoola’s office door opened and everyone quickly scrambled to their seats pretending to be busy.

“What’s happening here, guys? No marketing calls today?” Mr Popoola demanded as he stepped out of his office.

“We are already preparing our call plans for the day and getting ready to set out sir.” Henry answered for everybody.

Having said that, everyone started setting out in their respective teams. While Tomiwa was in the marketing car, he had time to reflect over the events of the last few days, especially, what seemed like a casual discussion about Rachael that morning. To him, it wasn’t anything casual; it contained a powerful message for him. All those wonderful comments about Rachael? They further reaffirmed that he did make a splendid choice which strengthened his resolve to be the best he could ever be for Rachael.

To be continued...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
tank God ooo, batife kori beena Lori, ehmi la o ni yo sii,

tanks a lot for the update. u too much

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
Episode 14 (Chapter 13)

IT HAD BEEN ELEVEN months into their relationship and it seemed just like yesterday. Their love continued to wax stronger and stronger by the day. Even so, the journey so far had not been without its own challenges many of which came in form of both genuine interests and amorous advances from the opposite sexes. Everyday, Rachael had to put up with several of those advances from both the customers she attended to and her superiors at work. Many of them tried to entice her with money and expensive gifts. No week passed without her getting invites for dinners and dates but she remained resolute never to give her love to anyone other than the joy of her life, the gem that had captured her heart, and the source of her happiness—Tomiwa. To be candid, many at times, the temptations were so strong that one would fear for her but she never budged for once. She rather shared all these with Tomiwa and it was usually a source of amusement to them.

One whose slobbering over Rachael was especially disturbing was a middle-aged businessman named Emeka. He was well-to-do with an array of exotic cars. He normally visited Surulere branch every other day to execute his banking transactions. He became fond of Rachael to the point that everyone knew that he would not allow any other person to attend to him except Rachael. Eniola had noticed this trend and drawn Rachael’s attention to it but she didn’t take it seriously.

He preferred the company of Rachael and when he visited the branch he normally stayed longer than usual chit-chatting with her. He was a very nice man that showed a lot of concern for her welfare. He brought her gifts and gave her and Eniola money for lunch most times. He was simply a nice man who wanted nothing in return for his kind gestures. They talked about work, family, school, future plans, and goals. He advised her on a lot of matters including her relationship with Tomiwa. He had her phone number and would call her whenever he couldn’t make it to the bank just to find out how she was doing. She didn’t see anything wrong with all of these; he was like an uncle to her after all. However, Eniola was never comfortable with Emeka’s kind gestures and suspected that they were simply a facade for a hidden motive.

“Rachael, there he comes again.” Eniola announced one day as she spotted Emeka entered into the banking hall.

Rachael who buried her head in the transaction she was working on at the moment asked without looking up, “Who?”

“Your banking hall husband, of course, Mr Emeka.”

“Ah-Ah, Enny! Husband ke?” Rachael grinned. “He is just a nice customer. That’s all. More so, he’s married with kids. So, don’t let your imagination run wild…”

“Rachael, don’t be naïve. I know he is interested in you. I see it in his eyes and the excitement on his face whenever he’s around you tells me that there is more to his kindness than meets the eye. It’s only a matter of time and you will see it. Just be careful.” Eniola warned.

True to Eniola’s suspicion, as time went by, Emeka’s true intentions started to play out. He started asking Rachael out for dinners after work. That was when she started sensing that all the kindness and friendliness might not be for nothing after all! Her suspicion was eventually confirmed one day when Emeka openly bore his mind to her and asked her to be his mistress.

“Ah, Mr Emeka! But you know I can’t! You are aware that I am going out with someone already and you know how much I love him. Moreover, I respect you so much as an uncle” Rachael explained to him politely but Emeka wasn’t going to back down easily.

“Yes, I know you are going out with someone. Is it not that Tommy boy you once showed me his picture? Look, I’m not telling you to leave him for me. No! As you know too that I am equally married with two kids…”

“But if you know sir, why this?” Rachael cut in with the expression on her face turning into a frown.

“Let me tell you, my dear, a lot of ladies of your type and age do it. See, I have money and I can take good care of you. In fact, you need not worry about anything in life as long as money can buy it … and your Tommy need not know.” Emeka continued to cajole her.

“Sir, I quite appreciate your concern and kindness but I am contented with my Tommy. I’m not interested sir and if you will excuse me, sir, I have a lot to do!” She replied politely but with the firmness that drove her point home.

Emeka backed down but that wasn’t going to be the end of it. ‘He who fights and runs lives to fight another day.’ He concluded in his mind and left.

Mr Abayomi was another man who could not take his eyes off Rachael. He too was married with a kid. What made his case a bit difficult was the fact that he was her Branch Manager! Like Emeka, he was attracted to her and was exceptionally nice to her. He would call her into his office to talk about irrelevant matters simply to have the opportunity to be with her. His intentions started becoming obvious when he began inviting her out on weekends which she usually tactfully declined. There was no room for that anyway, since she spent most of her weekends with Tomiwa, and she wasn’t ready to barter that companionship for anything else. After several failed attempts, Mr Abayomi, unlike Emeka, backed out honourably. He could sense that her determination not to allow any other person into her heart was as solid as rock. More so, he wasn’t strong-willed in matters like this as much as Emeka was.

Emeka persisted in his effort to breach the impregnable wall she had succeeded in building around her heart. He kept disturbing her with calls, and continuously blabbed about how her life would be better off if she gave him a chance. Though, she found all of these highly irritating, she needed to tread with caution. Emeka was a customer of the branch and in their line of work, customers were said to be kings and must be treated as such. Any acts of impoliteness might be misconstrued and could cost her job.

To Tomiwa and Rachael, Emeka was nothing more than a caricature that amused them whenever they were together and his subject came up. Emeka’s shenanigans came to an abrupt end one Saturday afternoon. The two lovebirds were together enjoying the company of each other. They were actually at the Lagoon Front in the University of Lagos, watching and enjoying the serenity of the lagoon. They were discussing Emeka and his antics, and entertaining themselves with the fun his topic usually brought when Rachael’s phone rang. She looked at the screen and started laughing. She turned to Tomiwa showing him the caller and exclaimed, “Talk of the devil!”

“Pick it. Let’s enjoy his banter a little.” Tomiwa said as he motioned to her to pick up the call.

“Hello Mr Emeka, Good afternoon sir.”

“Hello, my dear. How are you doing today? I was thinking we could …” He was saying when Rachael cut in.

“Please there’s someone I would like you to talk to sir.” Rachael said and before he could object or tried to find out whom it was, Rachael passed the phone to Tomiwa.

“Hello, good day sir.” Tomiwa spoke into the mouthpiece.

“Hello … who …” Emeka was trying to answer when Tomiwa interrupted with a firm voice.

“My name is Tomiwa Lawson and I am Rachael’s fiancé.”

At that, Emeka was startled. He wasn’t prepared for this and it was obvious he was caught off guard. His voice instantly started to shake and he stammered as he tried to speak.

“He … He … Hello Tommy boy, h … h … how are you do … doing?”

Noticing the trembling in his voice, Tomiwa turned to Rachael, winked and covering the mouthpiece of the phone with his palm he whispered, “He is shaking.” Rachael could not control the thunderous laughter that escaped from her mouth. Tomiwa continued drilling Emeka.

“Sir, I understand that you want to snatch Rachael from me.”

“O … O … O … Oh, no! I don’t want to … oh … erm … I … just … erm …” Before he could finish stuttering the words out, Tomiwa attacked him again. He was really making good use of Emeka’s present state. He didn’t want to give him the slightest opportunity to regain his composure.

“Okay, I see. You don’t intend to snatch her from me, oh, you only want to share her with me, abi?”

Emeka who could not withstand the drill any longer, quickly hung up the phone as if to run for his dear life! At that Tomiwa and Rachael started laughing. They laughed until they were almost rolling on the floor and their ribs started to ache; the laugher wasn’t going to stop. One needed to see Emeka on the other side of the phone. He was extremely terrified that his knees began knocking against each other. How could small Tomiwa frighten such a big man that much? It was more of the element of surprise that Tomiwa used so much to his advantage than the conversation or the confrontation itself. More so, Tomiwa played his part masterfully well. It was as if he had studied the act of interrogation for years.

“T … o … m … my, you … are … you are …” Rachael was trying to comment amidst the laughter that was almost cracking her ribs but it was preventing the free flow of the words. So, she paused a little and treated herself to a good dose of laughter until the laughter gave way to a choking cough. When she could eventually speak, she continued:

“Tommy, oh, my God, but you are such a bad guy ooo. Where on earth did you learn that from? You scared the hell out of that poor man.”

“You call that blabbermouth of a snitch a poor man? Anyways, that is called the element of surprise. I bet, he will never disturb you again.”

And so it was. That was the last time Emeka ever disturbed Rachael on phone and marked the end of his frequent visits to her branch. He must have been overcome by so much shame that he rather started doing his transactions elsewhere.

For Tomiwa, his life during the period was not free of tempting advances either. He had a personality that attracted ladies to him and those who didn’t know him well would usually conclude that he was a womanizer. He had to contend with several ladies who were attracted to him; some for just casual relationships—for the fun of being in a relationship with someone like him and nothing more—while some wanted something more real, a serious relationship with the possibility of marriage. But for Tomiwa, he became blind to all other ladies the very day he started going out with Rachael. To him, every other lady with romantic interests in him was simply non-existent. Over the years, he had come to learn the act of handling such advances masterfully, and most times without hurting the ego of the ladies. Even in the times of extremely high pressure, two things had always kept him standing—his reverence for God and his love for his heartthrob, Rachael. He wasn’t prepared to hurt any of them.

One of such was Damilola, a fellow classmate in the Distance Learning Institute (DLI), who had been a friend to Tomiwa before he met Rachael, and had a strong crush on him. Damilola’s crush for Tomiwa was so strong that it was visible to Femi, his friend and a couple of others. She was constantly mesmerised by the sight of Tomiwa and the prospect of being his. As close as she was to him, she knew that his interest in her was no more than that of a simple platonic friendship. Despite that, she often hoped that something serious would ensue between them someday. All she needed to do was to be patient.

Another lady on the list of hot tempters was a fair-complexioned lady he met during one of their recently concluded religious conventions. Her name was Valentina. She was tall, elegant and exceptionally beautiful. She too must have been another angel from heaven who possibly got lost on an errand to earth. She was very charming and it would take a much disciplined mind not to take a second look at her—even for Tomiwa! She was a friend to one of the daughters of the Okafors who were family friends of the Lawsons’. She had come to the convention at the invitation of her friend, Margaret Okafor.

During the intermission of the programme, Tomiwa went to pay the Okafors a visit where they were seated. When he got there, he met the entire family, Valentina, and his own brother, Wale, eating. Immediately he arrived, his eyes met Valentina’s and there was an instant connection. Valentina locked her gaze on him as she smiled. It took Tomiwa all the power he could summon within him to look away but not before Mrs Okafor who was already inviting him to join them in the meal, caught sight of what just happened. She saw it as an opportunity to make something happen between the two of them oblivious to the fact that Tomiwa was already going out with Rachael. Tomiwa politely turned down the meal.

“Ah, mummy …” As he normally referred to Mrs Okafor, “As you can see …” He said drawing her attention to the half-filled bottle of Coca-Cola in his hand, “I just finished taking a little something and I am already filled.”

“Mummy, why are you bothering yourself?” Chioma Okafor, one of her daughters chipped in, “You know that Brother Tommy won’t eat. He doesn’t eat other people’s food. Have you forgotten that?”

“Ah, Chioma!” Tomiwa exclaimed.

But Mrs Okafor, not wanting anything to distract her from her mission, ignored Chioma and continued with her plan.

“Okay ooo, Tommy. I’ve heard you … but have you met Valentina?” She replied pointing to Valentina who had not taken her eyes off Tomiwa ever since. “Valentina is Margaret’s friend who came to join us for the programme. She’s been around since yesterday.”

“Oh, hello Valentina, I am Tomiwa.” Tomiwa said stretching out his hand for a handshake.

“It’s my pleasure meeting you, Tomiwa.” She responded rolling her eyes in an attractive way.

“It’s my pleasure too.” Tomiwa answered and turned to Mrs Okafor, “Mum, I’ve got to go now.”

“Ah-ah, just like that? So, you won’t sit down to play with us a little before leaving?” Mrs Okafor pressured.

“Oh, I wish I could but my friend is waiting for me and I need to see him before the intermission ends.” Tomiwa explained trying to excuse himself.

“At least won’t you buy Valentina a drink before leaving?” She threw in the last card quickly before Tomiwa could take his leave.

“Hmmm … let’s see what we’ve got here …” He said reaching out for his wallet and brought out a crispy brand new one thousand Naira note which he handed over to Valentina. “Hey, I think this will do.” Valentina collected the money, smiled and thanked Tomiwa after which he walked away.

After Tomiwa left, Margaret was the first to talk, “Hey Val, see how mummy got you one thousand Naira just like that.”

Moving on with her plan, Mrs Okafor chipped in, “Tomiwa is a nice guy and he is not doing badly too.”

Valentina rolled her eyes and boasted, “See ooo, I have not done anything at all … I just shook his hand and smiled at him and he got carried away and quickly dropped one thousand Naira sharp, sharp. If I engage him for thirty minutes nko? I wonder wetin go happin ooo.” She was apparently feeling good with herself.

At that point, Wale cut in, “What are you saying? Do you think it is because you are beautiful that’s why my brother gave you money? Well, lemme tell you this: you are seriously mistaken! He gave you that money because of the generosity of his heart. If you see the calibre and beauty of ladies that are dying for my brother’s attention daily, then you will count yourself very fortunate that he shook hands with you in the first place!” He was blunt but it drove the point home.

Valentina became quiet; it gave her a lot to think about. Soon, Wale finished his food, thanked Mr and Mrs Okafor and left.

A short while later, Valentina and Margaret were alone so, Valentina confided in her. “I think Tomiwa is cute and I’m beginning to like him.”

“So fast?” Margaret intoned.

“Well, it may be but I felt the connection when we shook hands and if what his brother said were true, then, I don’t think I have much time to waste. More so, I’m not getting any younger.”

“Anyways, Tommy is a very nice guy and the crush of many of our sisters.” Margaret responded referring to their religious sisters.

“Margaret … can I beg you for something?” Valentina pleaded.

“What’s that?” Margaret requested to know.

“Please can you give me Tommy’s phone number?”

“And where would you say you got it from?” Margaret inquired.

“Ah-ah! Don’t worry about that. Just leave that to me.” Valentina assured, “Anyways, I won’t implicate you if that’s what you are thinking.”

“I don’t really do this but anything for you, friend.” Margaret searched through her phone book and after a few seconds, she continued, “Well, you are a beautiful chick and I feel Tommy will find you attractive. Here’s the number …” Margaret called out the number and Valentina wasted no time in saving it on her phone.

Soon, the intermission was over and everybody was back on their seats for the afternoon session of the programme. During the afternoon session, Valentina’s mind kept wandering back to her chance meeting with Tomiwa. It was a constant battle to keep the disobedient mind in check. It was becoming the proverbial disobedient dog that refused to obey its master’s whistle; it kept running back to Tomiwa. She kept wondering how she, of all people, could fall so easily for a man. For her, it had often been the other way round. She was flashy and used to be the one enjoying all the attention—she was the crush of so many. Men were always falling head over heels for her attention and not her falling like a pack of cards for Tomiwa at first sight!

That night, as much as she forced herself to sleep, it kept eluding her. Sleep had suddenly become a scarce commodity she couldn’t lay her eyes on. The more she searched for it the more elusive it became. The little times she slept, it was short, at inconsistent intervals and was riddled by dreams of Tomiwa. That would have been a welcomed development but the dreams were only strips and too short to provide any form of pleasure; rather they worsened her plight. It was evident to her that she had fallen flat for Tomiwa.

With this realisation, she sat up in her bed and with eyes that looked very distant from the present, she allowed herself to be whisked away into the fantasy of what life would be like with Tomiwa. The picture she saw looked very appealing and she wanted it all. The look on her face gradually returned to the present and gave way to a stern look of determination. It was the expression of a soldier ready for battle. The war for Tomiwa’s heart had already begun in her head and the time was ripe to bring it to the physical world. If that was what it would take, then she was ready to deploy all the arsenal in her armoury.

As she stared into the air mapping out the strategies for the battle, one corner of her mouth widened into a sinister grin. “This is Operation Tom Tom—the Battle for Tommy’s Heart!” She said to herself with an affirmation that showed a seriousness that was scary. Her unfettered determination was a serious threat to Tomiwa and Rachael for it spelt doom to their precious relationship. This was a cause for concern because Valentina had a reputation for getting whatever she craved. Furthermore, as far as she was concerned, this was a mission to win Tomiwa over or die trying. As she reclined in her bed one more time trying again to catch some sleep, she said in a loud voice, “Tomiwa, here I come; be prepared!”

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
hmmmm, won de ooooo,

boss tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Yippee....Rachael is saved

Valentina biko stay for your lane, free Tomiwa oooo

Tommy is taken already cool
Thanks for the update Sir

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by devilmaycry1(m): 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
thank god ohohohohoh val find ur own go
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pweetymhi(f): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2018
Hey Valentina you cannot put their rltnship asunder o find ur own man biko.... Thank God Rachel is safe

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2018
skubido:
hmmmm, won de ooooo,

boss tanks a lot for the update

Ann2012:
Yippee....Rachael is saved

Valentina biko stay for your lane, free Tomiwa oooo

Tommy is taken already cool
Thanks for the update Sir

devilmaycry1:
thank god ohohohohoh val find ur own go

afolabiwunmi:
Thanks for the update

Yes oooo, please tell Valentina o.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2018
Episode 15 (Chapter 14)

OBLIVIOUS TO THE DANGER that was brewing against their relationship miles away, Tomiwa and Rachael continued to live their lives for each other. Soon, another session of Residential lectures and exams came knocking. Both of them were back on campus again away from the bustles and pressures of their job as bankers. It wasn’t that they were free from pressure altogether; it was just that the pressure changed form and came as the rigours of advanced learning. However, this form of pressure was more preferable. For one thing, their romance would add fun to it and cushioned its effects on them. More so, they would be able to see each other every single day, a much needed antidote to the stress of the campus.

That year’s Residential period was different from all previous ones. It was their first as a couple and the campus shook at their arrival. They were the best couple on campus, winning the Best Couple award at that year’s DLI Dinner and Award Night Party. They were always seen together at all times. Everything was going on well for them. They had the admiration of their friends and classmates who not only noticed that they were now dating but also concluded that their relationship must have been forged in heaven—for they lived every sense of the expression. They soon became a reference point and a proverbial figure in the Distance Learning community. It was not uncommon to hear sayings such as: ‘They were in love as Tommy and Rachael.’ ‘James and Tricia are fast becoming Tommy and Rachael.’ Such was the status their undying love bestowed upon them on campus. Being around each other was very fulfilling and soul-elevating for the two of them. They took so much pride in introducing each other to others as soul mates at the slightest opportunity.

These redefined the way they lived and did things on campus. Amongst, the many things they did together was reading, studying and preparing for examinations. Before now, Tomiwa used to read and study, even at nights, with his friends especially Femi whom he usually put through the difficult courses and topics. Same could be said of Rachael. She often went for overnight reading with her roommates. But all that changed this session. Both of them now read together to the detriment of their friends and classmates who used to benefit from them. That was one of the sacrifices they had to make.

Rachael came out of the bathroom to hear her phone ringing. She picked the phone and after talking with the caller for about ten minutes, she ended the call, “Muuuuaaaah! Love you too, dear.” She brought out her dress from her locker and began to dress up.

“Rachael, hurry up. If we don’t leave now we won’t get any space to read in the classroom and you know that the library is not an option. It will take a miracle to get a space there at this time.” Aminat her roommate hurried her up. She and Deborah were already set. They were only waiting for Rachael to finish up so they could go to the class to read together. The three of them had been good friends from their first year of the programme and were known to always prepare for examinations together.

Rachael paused a little and wearing a sorry look she replied, “Hey girls, something came up. I’m sorry. I won’t be…”

“Are you saying that you are not joining us again today? It’s Tomiwa again, right?” Deborah requested to know interrupting Rachael.

“I’m so sorry, babes. I will make it up to you. It’s going to be you babes tomorrow I promise.” Rachael pleaded.

“Same thing you said yesterday and the day before.” Deborah snapped.

“And the day before the day before.” Aminat corroborated sarcastically.

“But, I already said I am sorry now. I’m serious. I will make it up to you girls.” Rachael pleaded further.

“Well, only on one condition. You will be the one to prepare dinner and do the chores this evening.” Aminat dropped their demand.

“Gbam! Your head is there, Aminat. Well said. Abi na only you get boyfriend ni?” Deborah concurred.

“Ah-ah! On top wetin nah? That is too harsh. My lords, please tamper justice with mercy a bit nah.” Rachael continued with her pleas for mercy.

“Babe, it’s your choice ooo. You’ve got to choose between the chores and following us to class. You can’t have your cake and eat it.” Aminat and Deborah insisted.

“Okay. You win.” Rachael acceded to their demand. “But you girls are mean. Oh, gosh!”

“Duh! Story for the gods.” Aminat and Deborah chorused as they giggled and made funny faces to tease her.

“Yeye girls. I wonder where I was when God was sharing correct friends.” Rachael responded and returned their gestures by making a funny face to taunt them in return.

“Duh! Talk to the hand.” Aminat and Deborah replied as they carried their bags, packed their books and headed for the class leaving Rachael behind.

In no time, Rachael was done dressing up. She looked appealing as usual in the black gown. She rushed out to meet Tomiwa at their meeting spot carrying along a food flask containing a meal for two. By the time she got there Tomiwa wasn’t there yet. She sat down and brought out a textbook to read while waiting for him.

Meanwhile, back in Tomiwa’s room, the rush knew no bounds. He knew he was running late and he didn’t want to keep Rachael waiting for too long. At least the last encounter he had with her for standing her up for too long was still fresh in his memory and was not palatable at all. He quickly removed his pair of demin trousers from the hook it was hung on the wall. He put it on in a flash and as a result of the rush, he mistakenly insert both legs into one of the leg portions of the trousers. He stumbled immediately and struggled hard hopping frantically in order to regain his balance. Femi who was lying in his bunk with a notebook and textbook in front of him watched as Tomiwa and the trousers engaged in a quick battle that resembled an Etigi dance step.

He spoke up, “Ol’ boy, better be careful and don’t injure yourself. What’s the rush about? There’s still time. We are not leaving till 5.00 pm.”

“5.00 pm? What’s happening by five?” Tomiwa asked slowing down a little.

“Tommy, don’t tell me you forgot you promised to put me through on Issuance of Shares and Debentures in Financial Accounting.” Femi reminded him.

“Oh, Jeeeez! Do you know I completely forgot? And I’ve got to see …” He tried to explain.

“Rachael.… I know!” Femi completed the statement for him.

“Femi, I am very sorry. Can we do 8.00 pm, please? I would have been back by then.” Tomiwa begged.

“It’s alright. Just make sure you keep your promise this time around.” Femi responded sounding unconvinced.

“I promise bro. I won’t disappoint this time.” Tomiwa assured him.

By this time, he had conquered the trousers and worn it right. He put on the blue and white striped T-shirt Rachael bought him some time ago, packed his books and rushed out to meet Rachael.

“Well, since we won’t be studying until 8 o’clock, I think I should go and see my sweetheart too.” Femi concluded. Hence, he too got up and left for Gbemi’s hostel.

Tomiwa quickened his steps checking his watch every minute to ascertain how long he might have kept Rachael waiting. On getting there, he met Rachael seriously engrossed in the book she was reading. She didn’t realise he had gotten behind her until he poked her by the side and she flinched.

“Oh, God!” She uttered trying to catch her breath. “It’s you, Tommy … but look at your watch now. You’ve kept me for a long time.” She added with her countenance changing into a frown.

“I am very sorry dear. You can see how I am sweating. I had to run down here so that I don’t keep you waiting for too long.”

“Okay, apology accepted. So, how are you doing?”

“I’m good and my sweetheart?”

“I’m okay too. Just that I’m having a little difficulty understanding this topic.” Rachael answered drawing his attention to the widely opened book resting on her laps.

“Okay. Let’s see to that.” He replied and sat down beside her, picking up the book from her lap to look at the topic that was giving her issues. Just then, his nose caught the scent of something and he could tell it was something yummy. He began to sniff.

“What?” Rachael asked.

“I can perceive the aroma of something sumptuous. My mouth is watering already and I will start to speak Chinese soon if I’m not careful. In fact, I can’t wait to have a taste of this meal.” He said and reached out for the food flask. He was licking his lips as he did so.

However, Rachael was faster than him. She spanked his hand and quickly whisked the flask away before his hand could reach it. She shook her head and said emphatically, “No, no, no. Not now! We haven’t even read anything and you want to eat. Nope, we have to cover some topics first then we can eat.” She scolded him like a mother would a toddler.

“Yes, mummy.” Tomiwa answered teasingly like a child.

“So, where do we start from? Hmmm … okay, you see, when we say Economic Reorder Quantity (EOQ) in Cost Accounting we mean the optimal reorder quantity and this is where total ordering cost and total holding cost are equal i.e. where total cost of inventory is minimised …” Tomiwa began to explain. But after about five minutes, Tomiwa’s eyes started straying towards the food flask. He couldn’t concentrate anymore. So, an idea sparked in his head like the flash of a bulb.

“Baby, let me ask you a question.”

“Please go ahead, Sweetheart.”

“Okay. Thank you. My question is this: As we are reading like this if you noticed an obstacle that is preventing you from concentrating and it is within your power to get rid of it, what would you do?”

“I would get rid of it, of course!” She answered promptly.

“Yeah! Exactly my point. You see, I’m finding it extremely difficult to concentrate.”

“Extremely difficult?! Why?” Rachael asked surprised.

“Sweetheart, how do you think I can concentrate when the aroma of this your food is agitating my nostrils like a tsunami and that food flask over there keeps beckoning on me saying, ‘Come, come, come and eat me’? See, the best thing for us is to devour this food and get rid of this obstacle once and for all.”

Rachael burst into a resoundingly laughter. “Ah, Tommy!”

“Yes nah. The earlier I eat this food and start speaking Chinese the better.”

“Okay ooo. Mr Chinese.” She commented and began to serve the food.

In no time, they finished the meal. Indeed, the food was very delicious. One could tell from how well Tomiwa ate the food—in fact, he licked the plate. With the renewed strength, he explained the topic thoroughly, breaking it down to pieces. Rachael perfectly understood the topic now. Rachael was astounded by his great teaching ability. Where had Tomiwa been all these years? No one had ever been able to teach her so effectively before. In her heart of hearts, she thanked God for having him. He had impacted all facets of her life positively. It used to be her emotional and physical health and now her education.

It was 7.00 pm already and they had had enough for the day. Tomiwa had to get back to the hostel in time. He had to keep his promise to Femi and he needed to rest a little before then. Rachael too had to get back to her hostel to prepare dinner and do the chores. They were the conditions she agreed to in order to free herself from her friends and be with Tomiwa. So, they left working hand-in-hand as usual. While leaving Tomiwa’s phone started ringing. He pick up the phone and checked the caller. His eyes widened; they were full of surprise. He looked at Rachael with the phone still blaring out loudly in his hand.

“Who is it?” A confused Rachael asked.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pweetymhi(f): 9:36am On Aug 29, 2018
Na Valentina

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 11:01am On Aug 29, 2018
if is that Valentina,, Tomiwa should start telling Rachel now ooo, from A -Z ooo, cuz earlier the better, to avoid story that touch oo.

cuz I don't want to hear how wish I knew then.

OP OP, d papa d papa, tanks a lot for the update ooooo. RESPECT boss.

Go on, Road clear
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,I want to love oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
Who could the caller be?

Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Tomiwa shouldn't hurt Rachael's feelings pls

Just hope is not what ayam thinking sha

Thanks for the update Op

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The Den Of Delilah / Baggage Claim / Deadly Missions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.