Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Prisoner Of Love: The Story - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (67554 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Episode 18 (Chapter 17)

“HEY BEAUTIFUL, JUST A minute.” The confused Tomiwa answered.

Both Tomiwa and Valentina quickly arranged themselves. Valentina sat down as if nothing happened. Tomiwa straightened his rumpled shirt and headed to open the door. Unknown to both of them, Tomiwa’s shirt had gotten a lipstick stain above his breast pocket.

Immediately Rachael entered and saw Valentina, she knew something was amiss. Her hair was looking rough despite all her efforts to straighten it before Tomiwa opened the door. Tomiwa, on the other hand, was sweating in his rumpled shirt and above all, a crest of lipstick mark conspicuously laid on his shirt! More so, it took Tomiwa longer than usual to open the door.

“What is happening here, Tommy?!” Rachael demanded to know. Her countenance had changed and her eyes were at the verge of unleashing fire.

“Nothing … Val … Valentina just came for a visit. In fact, she was …” He stammered as he tried to explain.

“And what is that?!” She raised her voice pointing to the lipstick stain on his shirt. It was at that point that both Tomiwa and Valentina saw it!

Placing his hands on his head, he exclaimed, “Ye! Mogbe!” in his native Yoruba tongue meaning, “Ah! I’m in a serious mess!” On seeing it too, Valentina winced in her seat as she covered her mouth with her hand and her eyes almost bulging out of their sockets.

At that, Rachael stomped out of the house banging the door behind her. Tomiwa ran after her explaining, “Rachael, please wait. It’s not what you think … I can explain. Please just hear me out for a second.”

But Rachael wouldn’t listen lest wait. Instead, she quickened her steps and when she got outside the gate, a bike man was riding pass.

“Okada …”

The man screeched to a halt in front of her and as she was about mounting the bike, Tomiwa caught up with her, held her hand and knelt down begging, “Baby, please hear me out. Let me explain. I’m serious, it’s not what you think.”

Not interested in what he had to say, Rachael snapped her hand off his, mounted the bike and ordered the man to move and without wasting anytime, he sped off.

“Rachael, Rachael, Rachael, please wait!” He kept calling after the bike as it faded away into the distance ahead.

Tomiwa dashed back inside menacingly and saw Valentina who hurriedly came to meet him the moment he stomped in.

“Shey you see what you’ve caused … you are happy now, abi? It’s what you have always wanted. Now leave this house before I open my eyes or else!” He threatened but Valentina shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes.

“Tommy, I am very sorry. But since things have gone bad now, maybe we should just continue from where Rachael left off. I promise I will never leave you like she did no matter what.” She said trying to hold him but Tomiwa flared up.

He roared, “Go away from me, you daughter of Jezebel!”

With that, he grabbed hold of her and dragged her outside. He ran back inside to get her handbag and flung it at her. And banging the door at her, he headed into his room not knowing where to begin from.

He picked up his phone trying to call Rachael and he realised something. He realised that while he and Valentina were struggling before Rachael’s arrival, he had accidentally pressed the record button on his phone and it had recorded all their conversation during the struggle. He played it and he could hear clearly how he had warned Valentina to stop and how she had insisted that Tomiwa kissed and made love to her—in fact, it had all that Tomiwa needed to exonerate himself! Tomiwa’s joy knew no bounds. He jumped for joy and a wide smile adored his face. He knelt down and thanked God, “Oh, thank you, God. I now have all I need to prove my innocence and win back my Rachael.” He jumped on the bed and rolled up and down joyfully like a small child.

Unknown to him, getting back his Rachael wouldn’t be as easy as he envisaged. She was not prepared to talk to him lest give him the opportunity to present the evidence. She would not pick his calls and would delete his text messages the moment they dropped in her phone without reading them. He tried all he could but Rachael was bent on not seeing him. He visited the house, talked to her mother to help talk to her but none worked. This went on for two weeks which created a huge void in his life. His life without Rachael was as good as empty.

Meanwhile, Rachael tried as much as possible to get over the supposed heartbreak. Since her experience with Nemuel, she had vowed that she would never allow any man to cause her such pain ever again. At work, she tried to look as alright as possible despite the pain she felt within.

One Monday morning, Rachael and her colleagues arrived at work to see a young man waiting at the gate. He was tall and dark in complexion. His name was Bayo and had just been redeployed from the Head Office to Rachael’s branch. When they officially resumed, Bayo was shown round and introduced to everyone. He was in Accounts Department at the Head Office before his transfer to Surulere Branch as a teller. After the introduction, the Head of Operations brought him to Rachael.

“Rachael, see, Bayo is coming from Accounts Department and doesn’t have any experience as a teller. So, he will be understudying you for the next one week. Please put him through all he needs to know.” The Head of Operations explained.

“Okay, Oga mi. No problem at all.” Rachael responded and she welcomed Bayo.

Well, Rachael was the favourite for that kind of job. She was a genius at her job. Everybody knew it and so did the Head of Operations who was confident that she would do a good job within the one week needed to groom Bayo on the job. Understudying Rachael meant that they would regularly be together for at least one week. Rachael was a good teacher and Bayo was a fast learner which made the knowledge transfer process seamless. This was the kind of ‘student’ Rachael liked for it made her job easier unlike some she had trained in the past who made the job very frustrating. Bayo learned a lot from Rachael and as a way of showing his appreciation, he frequently bought her food whenever he went to eat.

So, it was that Rachael and Bayo became close friends. They soon found out that their route home was same and they started going home together after work. This brought them even closer. Bayo was the type that loved clubbing and outing and most times after work on Fridays, he would take Rachael and some other colleagues to a popular bar close to the branch where they treated themselves to drinks, Isi-Ewu, Nkwobi, Asun and catfish pepper soup. It was what they referred to as TGIF (Thank God Is Friday), which was an outlet to ease the weeklong stress off their systems.

Even after the end of the one week training when Bayo could work all by himself, Rachael and Bayo continued as close friends and nothing changed between them. With time, they became confidants to each other. Bayo would seek her advice on matters bordering on his relationships for he was one that dated multiple ladies at the same time. Hence, Rachael became comfortable to discuss the issue with Tomiwa with him. The advice he offered was simple and it was what changed Rachael’s view on the matter. He advised that she listened to what Tomiwa had to say. It made her reflect over the event, her relationship with Tomiwa before the incidence, and the look on his face as he ran after her begging and trying to explain himself. It was then she realised that she had taken the issue too far! Why was she trying to play God? She reasoned. Tomiwa had tried all within his power to reach out to her. Her mother had equally tried talking to her but she had not heeded any of them. She felt Bayo was right—at least, Tomiwa deserved the opportunity to be heard before being beheaded. Consequently, she decided to right the wrong.

Saturday morning.… Tomiwa was home trying to put himself together. The more the days passed by, the more the emptiness within him deepened. Ordinarily, Saturdays were usually fun-filled as they were days he and Rachael spent together but this particular one would drag itself along without much enthusiasm like other days since Rachael put him in a state of incommunicado. He had woken up so stressed out—not from the stress of his tedious work this time but from the emotional torture of being without the lady he so much cherished. He dragged himself to the sitting room and put on the Television to watch CNN.… At least, let him update himself with happenings around the world. He was still tuning the television when he heard a knock on the door.

“Oooooh! I hope it’s not that daughter of Jezebel again? Because if she is the one, I bet, I will injure somebody today.” He murmured as he walked towards the door.

When he opened the door, he received the shock of his life!

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by franklin000(m): 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
interesting

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by devilmaycry1(m): 6:25am On Sep 06, 2018
ride on

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pweetymhi(f): 6:35am On Sep 06, 2018
So Rachel actually needed someone to talk to her first b4 she would hear Tommy out.. U better right ur wrong quickly

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Kendrick80(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Kendrick80, it's been a while. I hail oooo.
Bros I salute u 2...baba how fa update Na,ur boy dey ffl ur story bumper 2 bumper

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2018
boss boss you don hit Front Page again

Congrat ooooo, continue the Good work
God will continue to bless your hand work.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 8:38am On Sep 06, 2018
Rachaeliiiii your better take it easy.

OP tanks a lot the update oooo. more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks for the update and more of it.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by naijacartoon: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2018
Wow, what a story, where was I when it all started? Hmm! keep it up. Such a piece of work will really make it to animation episodes which will really be niece to work on.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Treasurewamiri(f): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Lol!
Treasurewamiri, u must be a JW.
Yes I am and your writings makes you seems like one

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
pweetymhi:
So Rachel actually needed someone to talk to her first b4 she would hear Tommy out.. U better right ur wrong quickly

Abi oooo. Tell her oooo.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
Kendrick80:

Bros I salute u 2...baba how fa update Na,ur boy dey ffl ur story bumper 2 bumper

Update on the way and thanks, bro.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
skubido:
boss boss you don hit Front Page again

Congrat ooooo, continue the Good work

God will continue to bless your hand work.

smiley Wow! Thanks baba. Skubido, I dey always gbadun you. You too much.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
afolabiwunmi:
Thanks for the update and more of it.

You are welcome, afolabiwunmi.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
naijacartoon:
Wow, what a story, where was I when it all started? Hmm! keep it up. Such a piece of work will really make it to animation episodes which will really be niece to work on.

Wow! Happy you found the story inteesting and thanks for the compliments.

And the animation go make sense oooo.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Treasurewamiri:

Yes I am and your writings makes you seems like one

Really?! Good to know. I'm one too.
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2018
Updates Loading...
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pweetymhi(f): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Abi oooo. Tell her oooo.
That means she doesn't trust him at all and he actually xplained things to her b4 now
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
JamesKudooski:
Updates Loading...

Drop it like it's hot Boss mi
Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
Episode 19 (Chapter 18)

IT WAS RACHAEL! SHE was the least person he expected to see. “May I come in?” She asked.

“Sure! Please … come in.” He answered, still having difficulty believing his eyes. She sat down and Tomiwa who was coming behind her sat down opposite her having the look of someone begging for mercy written all over his face.

“Tomiwa, let’s talk. You said you could explain all that happened here the other day. So, here I am. I’m listening.” Rachael said with a hard tone of voice.

“Rachael …” Tomiwa began, “You know me. You know how much I love you and how I would never do anything to hurt your feelings. Nothing happened between Valentina and me on that day …”

“Nothing happened, Tomiwa?!” She was stern, “Nothing happened, you say? What about the big lipstick stain that crested your shirt like a school barge?” She probed.

“It’s not what you think, Rachael. Let me explain, please.”

“Okay, go ahead.”

“See, Valentina came here in company of Margaret and because they were two, I didn’t suspect anything …” Tomiwa began to explain.

“But it was only Valentina that I saw here when I came in.” Rachael interrupted.

“Yes, you are right. What happened was that Margaret excused herself after some time saying she wanted to drop off the keys to the house and that she would be back shortly. I guess it was part of the plan because she didn’t come back again. With Margaret gone, Valentina tried to seduce me and when I refused she tried to force herself on me and a struggle ensued between us. That was when you knocked at the door. I think I must have gotten the lipstick stain in the process.”

“And you expect me to believe that crap of a story you cooked up?”

“No Rachael, I didn’t cook it up. It’s exactly what happened. I have an evidence to prove my innocence.”

“Evidence?”

“Yes, evidence! Please hold on, let me go and get it.” He hurried inside his room to get his phone and in a flash, he was back with the phone in his hands.

“This is the evidence. I was actually playing a game on my phone before the whole drama happened and during the struggle, I accidentally pressed the record button on the phone which recorded all our conversation. Here it is, please listen.” He scrolled through the phone to call up the file and play it but the file had disappeared from the phone! His head spun like a hurricane and his eyes widened in disbelief. He frantically scrolled through all the folders on the phone even the ones he knew the file ordinarily wouldn’t be in but still, he couldn’t find the file! Beads of sweat started forming on his forehead and he started feeling an intense heat creeping up within his system. That was the only evidence he had that could clear him from the heap of mess that engulfed him but it was nowhere to be found!

“What?!” He screamed.

“What happened?” Rachael inquired.

“The evidence!”

“And what about the evidence?” She probed further.

“It has disappeared!” He said with the last strength he could gather; he was almost fainting.

“Disappeared? What do you mean disappeared?” Rachael retorted, “You came up with this cock and bull story and you are now telling me that the only evidence that adds credence to the silly story has disappeared? And you want me to belief that? I don’t think I have time for all this drama!” Rachael lashed out.

“But it was here. I still listened to it last night before I slept. What could have …” Tomiwa was still trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together when he suddenly remembered something. He had removed the memory card from the phone the night before when he was testing one of his old phones he came across while rearranging his room. He was relieved.

“Oh, the memory card is in the other phone!” He said and dashed inside to get it. He picked up the old Samsung phone from the stool beside his bed where he had kept it. He opened it and behold, the memory card was not there!

“Ah! Not again! Ki le leyi?!” He code-mixed with Yoruba meaning, “What is this?!” Apparently, he had removed the memory card from the old phone and thought he had fixed it back into his present phone but he didn’t. He must had gotten distracted along the line and the card had dropped somewhere! He ransacked the whole room looking for the tiny but the most important object to him at that moment.

Rachael who was becoming impatient started hearing sounds that resembled someone scattering things about coming from the room decided to check out what was happening. By the time she got there, the whole room was dishevelled and lines of frustration were written all over Tomiwa’s face. He looked pitiful.

“Is that not the memory card you are looking for over there?” She said pointing to the card lying ‘unbothered’ at the foot of the bed—a spot Tomiwa had checked not less than fifteen times! The confusion and pressure on him must have blurred his vision.

“Jeeeeez! Can you imagine that? See where this stupid thing has been hiding. Would you believe that I checked this same spot up to fifteen times if not more?” Tomiwa said a bit relieved and exhausted at the same time.

Seeing him that way made Rachael laugh. “Can we go and check out your evidence now?” Her voice was a bit friendly this time around.

“After you, Milady.”

They both went back to the sitting room where he inserted the memory card into the phone and there was the evidence. He played it and Rachael listened to everything—Tomiwa was actually right!

“I see.” Rachael reacted, “It’s not that I didn’t really believe you, Tommy. My annoyance was that I had warned you about that girl before and all you said was that you could handle it. It was your display of overconfidence in handling this matter that got me pissed!”

“Well, I think I have learned my lesson in the most horrible way.” Tomiwa admitted.

“Oh, look at you, Tommy! You are a mess. Over-grown hair, unshaved beard and all. All your charms have suddenly disappeared. You need to go clean yourself up and come back like the Tommy that used to make my head spin!” She said poking him by the side.

They threw their arms round each other and enveloped themselves in a hug that almost lasted for eternity. They had so much missed each other that letting each other go was a herculean task. So, they remained locked in the hug for several minutes. Rachael couldn’t deny that she missed him badly too. Behind her hardliner stance all along was a strong desire to be with her Tommy again.

“I am very sorry, Sweetheart.” Tomiwa whispered into her ears.

“Tommy, I’m sorry too for letting you go through all these. I should have given you a chance when you begged to explain matters to me. I’m very sorry, darling.” Rachael apologized too.

And so it was that they settled the matter and their love continued to flourish. Rachael’s and Bayo’s friendship too continued to grow and with time, Tomiwa and Bayo met each other and also became friends.

The relationship progressed to the point when it felt right to take it to the next level—to the point of getting married and continuing their lives not as Tomiwa and Rachael anymore but as Mr and Mrs Lawson; as husband and wife. But first, he had to put a ring on it. There had to be an engagement. Their first year anniversary as a couple was around the corner and Tomiwa thought it would be a perfect time for him to make it happen.

The anniversary day came and it was a day of joy and exchange of gifts and romantically worded greeting cards. It was also a day of fun for the lovers. They both decided to have a mini celebration for two in the house instead of going out. All they wanted was simply fun for the two of them only without any distractions. Rachael once more exhibited her superlative cooking skill as she prepared a special dish for them. An enormous dose of love songs and blues filled the air as they treated themselves to the mouth-watering dish Rachael set on the table and a bottle of red wine. The atmosphere was nothing short of romantic. They went through the pictures they had together during the past year and reminisced over important events that happened during the period. They talked.… They whispered.… They smiled, and they mirthfully poked and teased each other from time to time.… Their hearts were filled with joy and the bond between them strengthened.

“Beautiful, I have something to show you,” Tomiwa told her.

“Hmmm? What’s that, Handsome?” Rachael asked.

“Well, let’s go and see.” Tomiwa replied stretching out his hand to take hers.

“Okay.” Responded Rachael giving him her hand. He covered her eyes with his palms and lead her along.

“Where are we going, Sweetheart?” Rachael was curious.

“Don’t worry. You will soon find out. Just follow my lead.” Tomiwa assured her.

First, Tomiwa lead her to the kitchen. “Oh, it’s not here. I must have forgotten I didn’t keep it here.” With that, they left the kitchen and headed for the guest room. He opened the door and said, “Taaarammmm! Oh, sorry again. I thought I kept it here but it’s not here either. I guess my memory has started to fail me.”

“Tommy? Are you sure you don’t need medications for your memory?” Rachael teased as she gave way to laughter.

“Don’t blame me, my dear. You know, when one is in the presence of an angel like you in a romantic atmosphere such as this, one tends to lose his memory.” Tomiwa joked.

Still covering her eyes, he next lead her to the second room and the same trick played out. The suspense was already ripping Rachael’s nerves apart. The surprise better worth it. The final stop of the short sojourn around the house took them to Tomiwa’s room. The scent of the place smelled familiar. ‘Tomiwa’s room? On a romantic day like this? What’s he thinking? I thought he promised never to touch me until our wedding night? Is he changing his mind about the matter? Why his room of all the places in this house? Is the surprise to defile me?’ All these were Rachael’s thoughts…. She was becoming apprehensive.

“Taaarammmm! You may open your eyes now.” He said uncovering her eyes.

“OH, MY GOD!!!” She wanted to scream but choked. The surprise was too powerful for the scream. She stood still … hands covering her mouth … and eyes transfixed on the small box at the centre of the bed! From the box popped out a shining gold engagement ring! The ring was beautiful and adored with a sparkling crystal. Just above the ring, hung down from the ceiling fan a big cardboard on which was colourfully written:

‘Will You Make Me the Happiest Man on Earth? Will You MARRY Me?’

She walked like a toddler to the ring. The shock must have sapped her strength. She picked it and fell in love with it immediately. She turned back in what seemed like a slow motion and saw Tomiwa on bended knees, stretching out his hands to her, “What say you, angel?” It was that time she regained her strength and the scream found its way out unhindered.

“YESSSSS!” She screamed jumping up and down like a child whose parent just handed a bar of chocolate. Her joy knew no bounds.

“Lemme help with that.” Said Tomiwa pointing to the ring in her hands. She quickly handed it to him and he slid it onto her left middle finger. “Thank you for saying ‘Yes.’” He told her softly.

In that instance, she jumped at him and threw her arms round him. The hug was tight…. It was long…. And it was affectionate!

To be continued...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by becca2017(f): 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
Awwwwwwn i feel like crying ohh, can someone give me an handkerchief??... this is soooooo muuaah

2 Likes

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by devilmaycry1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
wow love is good

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Ann2012(f): 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
becca2017:
Awwwwwwn i feel like crying ohh, can someone give me an handkerchief??... this is soooooo muuaah

I'll give u my handkerchief grin

Love is sweet with the right person kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by becca2017(f): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ann2012:

I'll give u my handkerchief grin
Love is sweet with the right person kiss

Lol thanks sis.. Abi na..

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by pweetymhi(f): 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ohhh feels good, love is sweet

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by franklin000(m): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2018
GOOD ONE

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by izaray(f): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
Congratulation to the duo love birds

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by toyhin123(f): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by afolabiwunmi: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
Love is good indeed with the right person

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
Heartbreaking and Suspense filled. I love this write up. This story is sweet with the right OP. Kudos James. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by skubido(m): 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
love wantintin,
OP tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Of Love: The Story by JamesKudooski(m): 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
becca2017:

Oh-oh!

And thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Baggage Claim / Deadly Missions / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.