Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? (74357 Views)

I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! / How My Boyfriend And Friend Forcefully Took Turns On Me – Lady Reveals (photos) / 'Thank God For The Guy Who Disvirgined My Virginity Today' - Lady On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by topteeno: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2018
smileing:
Please I need responsible advice

Many were coming as suitors but I don't know why I let him come closer.

He forcefully took away my pride and I was hurt. He said he did that cos he doesn't want to lose me

I wanted to leave but I couldn't cos I love him.
I don't offer sex cos I'm religious and I believe it's a sin. Told him to wait till marriage but he wouldn't.
for almost a year we ve been courting I didn't allow him touch me.

Till this day he forcefully had sex with me .
He wants to come pay my dowry but I'm not sure that my people will let me marry him. I too went and prayed about him and they told me that he is not my husband (about 5 different people said it)

He is OK, financially, is educated and promising.
But not God-fearing as I wanted.

Now I'm pained for what he did to me .I'm grieved cos I wanted to lose my pride on my wedding night.
and I'm thinking of leaving him cos I'm hurting so much now.

I feel less of myself and sinful too

Please what should I do?

those that married non Virgin how did your spouse take it. I need to know cos it ll help reshaping my mindset
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Caseless: 12:27am On Aug 12, 2018
smileing:
@vululadilolo

thank you so much. I have not reported to anyone yet
hurt, pains and disdain on myself have left me discouraged.

all these while, I have been offering him all I could (companionship, encouragement, emotional support, friendship, spiritual assistance ,inspiration ) except for my body. and he made me love him so much little did I know he would come for my body .

my worth is not based on the hymen but yet I value my chasity.
I'm broken cos I encouraged people to be chaste. who do I talk to. the therapist I tried talking to tried molesting me too

I'm deformed now as I am feeling suicidal
what I built in years just crashed within a twinkling of an eye

what is it about you that makes men lose control? Even the therapist attempted? Just stay strong.
I'm really Sorry for what happened!

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by ranmoor: 12:32am On Aug 12, 2018
Caseless:
what is it about you that makes men lose control? Even the therapist attempted? Just stay strong.
I'm really Sorry for what happened!
Why kind therapist? She only visited all this church "therapist" not a professional I think!

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by badpitch(f): 12:34am On Aug 12, 2018
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by weyreypey: 12:35am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:

Such aunties are to be arrested.. That's very terrible! Children both male and female should voice out when raped! Men raped by women should also arrest such mentally unstable women
Women too should arrest such men who rapes. It's completely bad.

Parents should be close to their kids, so when such things happen, the children will easily tell their parents.

When I was very little, I should be 7years old then, my cousin who was way older tried raping me, he started with fingering me. I was like what's the uncle doing? He said I shouldn't tell my parents and he will buy chocolate for me tomorrow. In my mind I was like this is wrong, why is he touching me this way? And this guy came for the weekend.
Omo! Immediately my parents came back from work, late in the night
I ran to my mum and told her what happened. She was very angry, she told my dad and the cousin was really spoken harshly that night and sent off very early the next day. So parents be close to your kids, and they will tell u virtually anything or threats from extended family or strangers.
Such boys should voice out to their mums or dad. Cut off such evil quickly!

Lucky you. I was on the verge of reporting such an aunty when she subverted me and reported that I was playing with electricity sockets.. oh oh oh... Some of us knew how to fvck before knowing how to wash even handkerchiefs.... Or wear clothes properly... aunties responsible of course. Take a sample on nairaland and see the level of damage done to the men.. some are even proud of it...

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by victorian(f): 12:39am On Aug 12, 2018
weyreypey:

Lucky you. I was on the verge of reporting such an aunty when she subverted me and reported that I was playing with electricity sockets.. oh oh oh... Some of us knew how to fvck before knowing how to wash even handkerchiefs.

Wow! Na wa o.
And your parents believe her? sad
Wow!
So what kind of guy are you now, as uv grown up?
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by 12345baba(m): 12:39am On Aug 12, 2018
I don't even understand what exactly u want
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by weyreypey: 12:41am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:

Wow! Na wa o.
And your parents believe her? sad
Wow!
So what kind of guy are you now, as uv grown up?

The kind of dad who'd not joke with the safety and security of the kids ...

Not all Nigerian boys who faced such made it out sane

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Boss13: 12:43am On Aug 12, 2018
I didn’t want to comment on this but I decided otherwise because you are traumatized. Like you have said, you need to take care of you because of your emotional instability.

In all honesty, nairaland is the wrong place to come for advice. 99.9% of the monikers commenting are only reactors. For you this is your reality, to them it’s another sad thread. However, this is a bad situation and complicated.

You can try doing a situation analysis. If you have the money, try to see a therapist. If you don’t see someone trustworthy and respected in order to avoid further molestation. Anyone you talk to will only offer their own opinion, but only you would take action.

Also, whatever action you intend to take consider it critically. The justice system in Nigeria is not an effective one and it would be sad if you experience double jeopardy in the view of seeking justice.

Furthermore, I know you are religious, but nobody can tell or show you the husband to marry. Please discard such belief. I know you are torn between the love you have for him and the harm he has caused you. Notwithstanding, only you can sort yourself out.

Try to care of you!
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Caseless: 12:44am On Aug 12, 2018
ranmoor:

Why kind therapist? She only visited all this church "therapist" not a professional I think!
I see. She should see a professional.
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Goldmaxx(f): 12:48am On Aug 12, 2018
queenbetsy:
This is serious... undecided

Just cut ties with him.

See your mentor if you have one.

Note: Don't talk to just anybody about it, they can hurt you even more. But, be secretive to an extent. Please, to an extent...

Shalom.
you have big boobies ooo shocked
queenbetsy:
This is serious... undecided

Just cut ties with him.

See your mentor if you have one.

Note: Don't talk to just anybody about it, they can hurt you even more. But, be secretive to an extent. Please, to an extent...

Shalom.
you have big boobies ooo

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 12, 2018
smileing:
@vululadilolo

thank you so much. I have not reported to anyone yet
hurt, pains and disdain on myself have left me discouraged.

all these while, I have been offering him all I could (companionship, encouragement, emotional support, friendship, spiritual assistance ,inspiration ) except for my body. and he made me love him so much little did I know he would come for my body .

my worth is not based on the hymen but yet I value my chasity.
I'm broken cos I encouraged people to be chaste. who do I talk to. the therapist I tried talking to tried molesting me too

I'm deformed now as I am feeling suicidal
what I built in years just crashed within a twinkling of an eye

what has he done for you, how has he contributed to your life? better run, he may kill u one day
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by TruthHurts100: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2018
Nobody has heard the guy's side of the story. If you judge without hearing from both sides, the Bible says you're foolish.

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Chigeorge2015(m): 12:52am On Aug 12, 2018
If u said u loved him, marry him. Nothing has spoilt. Stop listening to those advising u to report him for arrest
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by victorian(f): 12:52am On Aug 12, 2018
weyreypey:

The kind of dad who'd not joke with the safety and security of the kids ...

Not all Nigerian boys who faced such made it out sane

Eeyah smiley
That's good
Very good
You made it out strong! smiley
Thumbs up! May God keep you strong always to see them through life, amen.
Smiles.

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by weyreypey: 12:56am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:

Eeyah smiley
That's good
Very good
You made it out strong! smiley
Thumbs up! May God keep you strong always to see them through life, amen.
Smiles.
Amen. But it wasn't easy. You must realise that you were molested before you can heal. Most guys live in denial of the fact
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by iamjustified(m): 1:06am On Aug 12, 2018
vululadilolo:
He raped you to coerce you into marrying him? He violated your body to achieve his "goal" of "keeping" you for himself? Very sick, manipulative and pervert way of thinking!

I would not advise you to marry someone who doesn't respect your boundaries and can commit such a vile act (rape). I would however advise you to seek therapy/counselling/help for what he did to you. Did you report him to the authorities?

If he is raping you now, how do you think he is going to behave when you are going to be married to him? Marital rape exists in case you don't know.
His behaviour ( the rape) shows that he seems to be ready to do anything ( even the worst) to achieve what he wants and doesn't value his partner's opinions/beliefs or feelings. Do you really want to be married to someone like that?

There are ton of people who were not virgins when they got married and are happy in their marriage. Being a virgin (or not) does not guarantee a "good" marriage. Your husband should be interested in you as a person and not just your hymen. You should also bring more than "just" your body in your marriage.

You need to reshape your mind: Your "pride" should be in who you are as woman and not what you can "offer" in bed( Virginity). Your "value" as a person did not/should diminish because of the rape( or even if you had sex voluntarily). That's why I said seek therapy or talk about it to someone you trust.

Don't feel guilty for what happened or not being a "virgin" (easier said than done). Stay strong and good luck in whatever you decide to do!

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL. OPO ORO O KUN AGBON!
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nancypunni: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2018
All of you are on this thread are jonzing people ...asin starting with the mugu that wrote this trash to the mod that attended to it..i swear!!

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by victorian(f): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2018
weyreypey:

Amen. But it wasn't easy. You must realise that you were molested before you can heal. Most guys live in denial of the fact

One can't heal o.
Not everyone can heal and move on.

Someone like me, if I were actually raped! I won't be the same ever again. In fact Its either he kills me or I kill him. Such rapist will not go Scot free. Mine was fingering at 7years old.. Then attempted rapes during adult age. Which actually made me detest men for years. So u can imagine, if it were full rape, the whole ten yards!

Mehn! Such guy is goner! Na death go end am.

I just thank God. God saved me several times.
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 12, 2018
hollyray2016:
Baby just call my number 08163708005, My d*ick is not too big.
cry
hollyray2016:
Baby just call my number 08163708005, My d*ick is not too big.

I feel sorry for you.sad
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 12, 2018
thorpido:
Do you consider reporting him to the authorities? What he did is rape and he has no excuses for doing that.

You don't think your people will like him,in your heart of hearts,you don't really think he is the one.
You should wear your shoes to walk,innit?

Does she have any evidence to prove he really raped her?? This is one of the reasons I want DNA test facilities and other facilities that can help in determining whether a rape case is true or false in Nigeria . So many men have got their reputation destroyed because of false rape and sexual harassment accusations. I hardly believe a rape case if the lady say it didn't happen at the time she's reporting it. If we should interrogate this lady now she'll start counting months and years here so how will DNA or any judge know whether she was really raped or not

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by nkemdi89(f): 1:11am On Aug 12, 2018
Don't arrest him, you can't justify rape in this case, you will end up humiliating yourself the more, another thing , the guy never believed you were a virgin and he has discussed your issues with his friends and they advised him to check and confirm. You had the fairy tale fantasy of wedding night whereby he will lift you unto the bed for the action, unfortunately it's not going to happen, forgive yourself, shit happens . you got carried with his romance and you couldn't control it when he slides it or you wanted to withdrew unfortunately it was late. Let him marry you , he isn't going to pay for your dowry but also " blood money" as obtainable in most Islamic countries. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding , remember if after marriage you want to start witch hunting him with the incident you may see the beast in him, at least you can brag to him after marriage that he met you intact.
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 12, 2018
vululadilolo:
He raped you to coerce you into marrying him? He violated your body to achieve his "goal" of "keeping" you for himself? Very sick, manipulative and pervert way of thinking!

I would not advise you to marry someone who doesn't respect your boundaries and can commit such a vile act (rape). I would however advise you to seek therapy/counselling/help for what he did to you. Did you report him to the authorities?

If he is raping you now, how do you think he is going to behave when you are going to be married to him? Marital rape exists in case you don't know.
His behaviour ( the rape) shows that he seems to be ready to do anything ( even the worst) to achieve what he wants and doesn't value his partner's opinions/beliefs or feelings. Do you really want to be married to someone like that?

There are ton of people who were not virgins when they got married and are happy in their marriage. Being a virgin (or not) does not guarantee a "good" marriage. Your husband should be interested in you as a person and not just your hymen. You should also bring more than "just" your body in your marriage.

You need to reshape your mind: Your "pride" should be in who you are as woman and not what you can "offer" in bed( Virginity). Your "value" as a person did not/should diminish because of the rape( or even if you had sex voluntarily). That's why I said seek therapy or talk about it to someone you trust.

Don't feel guilty for what happened or not being a "virgin" (easier said than done). Stay strong and good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Nigerian law doesn't recognize marital rape.

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by DeeMain(m): 1:12am On Aug 12, 2018
Hi Vululadilolo

From the things you've written here I have no doubt in my mind that you need a therapist to sort this out. The issue can be sorted in few sessions and you can get your old self back.

Chastity was a core value of yours. You built your life around it. Now that it has been forcefully taken from you without your permission you've lost your sense of self and feel violated at the core. In essence you are having identity crisis.

You can overcome this trauma, build yourself up again and build even more solid convictions about your life, worth, righteousness and wholeness. You can even use this blip as the trigger to become a huge success and a channel of life to the world.

It's not the end of the word. Your worth and value and the love you have for yourself can even be far greater than it ever was. Believe me. I am a professional therapist and I can help you get there.

PS : if you are willing to do a phone session with me to resolve this fast pm me. Otherwise, go find a good therapist and sort yourself out.

Best wishes
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by weyreypey: 1:14am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:

One can't heal o.
Not everyone can heal and move on.

Someone like me, if I were actually raped! I won't be the same ever again. In fact Its either he kills me or I kill him. Such rapist will not go Scot free. Mine was fingering at 7years old.. Then attempted rapes during adult age. Which actually made me detest men for years. So u can imagine, if it were full rape, the whole ten yards!

Mehn! Such guy is goner! Na death go end am.

I just thank God. God saved me several times.
Death? Quite extreme.
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by weyreypey: 1:15am On Aug 12, 2018
kneehighbootz:
cry

I feel sorry for you.sad
You just had to ensure that number ain't lost
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 12, 2018
TruthHurts100:
Nobody has heard the guy's side of the story. If you judge without hearing from both sides, the Bible says you're foolish.

It's not only about whether he has told his own part or not.

After analyzing this case very carefully I've come to the conclusion that this lady wasn't raped. He deceived her into the act and she's now feeling remorseful.

I'm not in anyway discrediting her post . If at all her claim is real then she should sue him with evidence.

Though laws for rapists and false rape accusers are needed in this country

1 Like

Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 12, 2018
smileing:

He forcefully took away my pride and I was hurt. He said he did that cos he doesn't want to lose me

I don't offer sex cos I'm religious and I believe it's a sin. Told him to wait till marriage but he wouldn't.

He wants to come pay my dowry but I'm not sure that my people will let me marry him. I too went and prayed about him and they told me that he is not my husband (about 5 different people said it)

Now I'm pained for what he did to me .I'm grieved cos I wanted to lose my pride on my wedding night.

Please what should I do?

those that married non Virgin how did your spouse take it. I need to know cos it ll help reshaping my mindset

OP, I'm truly sorry about what happened to you. You know, your story has really helped me make a decision about someone today.

These type of men hardly change. They are narcissists who see it as their right to a woman's body and he will forever rationalise his actions.
I think you shouldn't let him get away with it. Report him to the police, tell his family members and his friends so they know what kind of animal he is, that he will go as far as raping his own fiancee.

He is Ammon and he was never in love with you, He was only lustful for your body.

I'm sorry and I deeply empathise with your situation. Try and confide in a trusted friend. You'll need their support.
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by victorian(f): 1:19am On Aug 12, 2018
weyreypey:

Death? Quite extreme.

Oh yes, Death!

That's the only thing that will give me peace. I don't care if am killed in the process or jailed.

Such trauma is no joke.
People think its just Bleep and voila! One cleans herself up and move on.
For me, it's more than that.
My spirit and body is violated and I won't accept such and move on, like nothing happened.

I won't. I can be that extreme.
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by weyreypey: 1:20am On Aug 12, 2018
victorian:

Oh yes, Death!

That's the only thing that will give me peace. I don't care if am killed in the process or jailed.

Such trauma is no joke.
People think its just Bleep and voila! One cleans herself up and move on.
For me, it's more than that.
My spirit and body is violated and I won't accept such and move on, like nothing happened.

I won't. I can be that extreme.
You are capable of forgiveness
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 12, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Please let it go for the sake of the love you have for him.. Don't bother reporting him. I know it's rape, buh please let it go. At least for your pride. And i know you don't know that's why he wants to pay your bride price now. It's really not easy to date without sex. Especially when the lady is claiming virgin, you have no idea what our Edo sisters has done to that word 'Virgin'. So please forgive him. Don't press further. As a religious person, when the right person comes your way, he can't won't pass you by or leave because you are not a virgin. My only advice is that, make sure to reveal to whosoever you think deserves to know when he comes your way, explain it all to him and make sure to stand your ground you are not doing anything till your wedding night. If he can stay, let him buh if he can't let him go. Like i said earlier, you being the religious type will help you to know the right one when the time is right. Leave your present one, he isn't your husband, you know that yourself. Let it go. Stop holding on becasue he took your virginity 'forcefully'.

//
Re: He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? by efficiencie(m): 1:25am On Aug 12, 2018
smileing:

Please what should I do?

Stewpidity on an ASTRONOMICAL SCALE... You did not pray and find out if he is your husband before getting dangerously close to him! You did not consult those you consulted before you started dancing too close to his fiery rod. Now he has fired you beyond repair and you are crying over spilt milk...Madam pick yourself up and face reality which is; you are now fairly used...try not to become very-used or scrap by being careful next time!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy Story In Abuja: Man Shares His Experience (Pics) / Man Weds A Beautiful Plus-Sized Lady. See Reactions (Photos) / Do I Look Good For My Girlfriend This Valentine? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.