Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter (74753 Views)

Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Buhari And Obasanjo Shake Hands At National Council Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by expert234: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

The Nigeria Police should arrest this man and charge him.

This act is more than a threat to our democracy.

Well, you are part of the decays that should be arrested and charged for promoting falsehood and defending a deceptive party
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Oblang(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Tomorrow now, Buhari will justify this by saying that he knows nothing about it undecided

Do we still have a president

Is he still functioning

So u expect Buhari to know abt those buying votes far away from where he is. Was Jonathan aware of all votes buying under him or u want to tell me there was no vote buying under him?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Aystarz: 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

You dey call Ole to arrest another Ole? Nothing go come out of it.

I just hate this country and her leaders .
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by 360command: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
How is it that most of this politicians were from poverty homes but when they reach high political offices, they act like they were born in a royal home?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by donkaz2(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Some ppl will sit down in their room and start making conclusion.... This shit happens all the time. It's all the party, during Jonathan first election against buhari cpc, all electoral officers in the north were given 5k for feeding and 5k for transport per individual... Didn't inec pay the electoral officers, a ballot paper is bought for 1k cpc strong units and anywhere there main person like Chairman or the likes cast election the officers there are given tips as a well done cash just to show good face.... The pix might simple means the guy is just appreciating them as a welldone and not bribe as suppose...... If u think u have any problem with my comment locate the nearest river to ur location and jump inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Oblang(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
ModsareChevres:
So APC has to result to buying of votes to win in Buhari's stronghold
Pathetic!

What evidence do u have the person giving money is in APC?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by expert234: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

Though I don't know the party this moneybag politician belongs to, I must admit that this is wrong in all ways. The INEC ad-hoc staff will be paid after the elections and I am sure they have enough for refreshment.

Either APC or PDP, this is wrong, vote buying is a PDP thing and should not be encouraged under this administration. The man does not need to call it a bribe before we know this is an outright inducement.

God bless Nigeria and PMB.

How I wish you will add your real name to this comment so that we can show it to your children and parents for them to see how you've been disgracing your family name online.

Vote buying is a PDP thing? were you in a coma when APC was buying votes in Ekiti State on election day?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by dmbb: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
It is doctored
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Shafiiimran99: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
merry02:
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy
But when we bribe NEPA not to cut our light, we don't see that as threat to Nigeria democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Corrinthians(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
I'm not the type to want to sound politically correct even when there's no need to be. The poster infused comments into the picture just to sway public opinion in favour of PDP when there is no evidence whatsoever the act was done by an APC member.

What exactly does he mean by Buhari wants to destroy democracy? Where were these senior advocates of democracy when PDP and Jonathan dolarised 2015 elections? Oh, I forgot, these people were born yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by mustafa006: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
On a serious note most of us will collect the money if we were there

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by loomer: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

It is premature to quickly conclude that the man who clearly displayed his ID card is bribing the INEC adhoc staff. It could be a gift for refreshment. No political party can be so foolish as to be bribing INEC staff publicly in this manner. If it was a bribe, agents of other parties would have protested publicly.

the one wey happen for EKITI state na wetin?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Corrinthians(m): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

I am not an advocate of vote buying but the pictures above are not strong enough to indict any party for bribery. The man may even be a senior INEC official for all we know.
Where is the evidence he's a member of APC to start with?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Oblang(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
NotAZombie:

See them. What fucking gift for refreshment worth over thousands of Naira per persons. You won't condemn it since it is APC.

Pls point at something from that picture that shows that the person giving money is doing it for APC...
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Dinho20(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
MARK MY WORDS"
BUHARI WILL NOT CONTEST FOR 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"
HE WILL FIELD ANOTHER CANDIDATE THAT WILL REPRESENT HIM.
AND THAT CANDIDATE WILL LOSE TO THE CANDIDATE OF PDP.
MARK THIS WORD, PUT IT SOMEWHERE IN YOUR CALENDER"
IT WILL COME TO PASS.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Lumig: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
agriboom:
INEC: No Wonder They Want to ban Phones (see pics)

This is from the just concluded katsina by-election, it is claimed that the money guy is a local government DAF also in Bauchi you have to shout/gesture for agents to know you voted for a particular party

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7558092_e5838b83b6fd498c9a6b58fac2d6ca15_jpeg_jpeg12c9a30897c49477fb17bdc89e291cc9

Photos credit: https://mobile.twitter.com/olushola_shola/status/1028490574364598272
Na today!!! Hypocrites here will be shouting vote buying as if it's a new thing. What do you call this:if I have decided from home to vote for party A, and I got to the polling booth to vote for A, but somebody beckoned to me to come and collect money to vote for party A [the one I have decided to vote for from onset]. And I collect the money vote my conscience, is that still vote-buying?
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Thewesterner(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nigerians fighting on behalf of thieves...

Who brought all these in to Nigeria's politics

Aren't they birds of a feather

Or is it because the former apprentice upgraded on his master's methodologies
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by raymytech2: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
For best ecommerce, blog and forum websites, follow and connect with @raymytech on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

@raymytech
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Corrinthians(m): 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

Though I don't know the party this moneybag politician belongs to, I must admit that this is wrong in all ways. The INEC ad-hoc staff will be paid after the elections and I am sure they have enough for refreshment.

Either APC or PDP, this is wrong, vote buying is a PDP thing and should not be encouraged under this administration. The man does not need to call it a bribe before we know this is an outright inducement.

God bless Nigeria and PMB.
There is not a shred of evidence the man is an APC member, he could be anybody.

PDP is just desperate as usual to spoil the victors' celebrations. grin

They are sore losers.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by smesi: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nigeria political atmosphere and our "Democracy" is in the state of doom. If money is only the yardstick to win vote not a manifestos.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by akinszz: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Nakachos:
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

What kind of rubbish is this.
Bribing an inec official on duty is treason for me.
PDP is now saint abi . don't forget PDP is APC. they are d same.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by seguno2: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

Too many threats by Buhari against our hard won democracy despite his promises of better change.
How did we allow ourselves to be fooled so easily
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by wingmanII: 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Dinho20:
MARK MY WORDS"
BUHARI WILL NOT CONTEST FOR 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"
HE WILL FIELD ANOTHER CANDIDATE THAT WILL REPRESENT HIM.
AND THAT CANDIDATE WILL LOSE TO THE CANDIDATE OF PDP.
MARK THIS WORD, PUT IT SOMEWHERE IN YOUR CALENDER"
IT WILL COME TO PASS.

Oshiomole and APC will do everything to force Buhari to contest even on his death bed cause they know the largely illiterate northerners fanatically and blindly support him. APC would not risk presenting any body else. This why Tambuwal defected.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by GogetterMD(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

It is premature to quickly conclude that the man who clearly displayed his ID card is bribing the INEC adhoc staff. It could be a gift for refreshment. No political party can be so foolish as to be bribing INEC staff publicly in this manner. If it was a bribe, agents of other parties would have protested publicly.
True. Was offered same without objection from party agents (both parties) when I was a PO in 2015. I rejected but instead called the food seller, bought food and asked that they paid
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by idonuana(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Themandator: 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
merry02:
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy

It has nothing to do with inec but the police and the politicians.....inec has implemented the part of the law within their powers....That buhari had to encourage people with money in his immediate constituency says much about his small god stature in the north
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Drekaz(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

So you have sense like this....wow!
Like you just wowed me!!
Wow!!!
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by ayaside(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
No one is forcing anyone to get the money..The people made that choice
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by toyecoach(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
In as much it is uncalled for, INEC ought to have cautioned their staff against collecting such money
My personal opinion :the money being given is for all the staff for entertainment /refreshments as it is normal here in Nigeria, especially at times like this but it behoves on the staff to reject it even though it was given openly!
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Lordbooster(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

bribe na bribe Oga the adhoc staffs already re been paid salary so this money for refreshment blah blah blah na just ruse that polling unit has been bought period
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by lastclaire4(f): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
There is nothing wrong to give them money for drinks or food. The workers are out there from early morning till late evening. Even after voting closed and voters have left they did not leave, their work continued.

And who made the man their principal? They get paid for special assignment as this which covers lunchanged do other logistics.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin.... FG.. will say its doctored... and its fake news or na Photoshop.. Lol.. This is Nigeria.. where everybody be criminal.... !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine / Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra-Themed Attire In Court Today (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.