Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797660 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
lasthero:

Another victim of wicked uncle / wicked agent.

Please I will beg all prospective applicants in the name of God or whatever deity you serve. Don't go near Abuja embassy with any of this two.

1. Fake statement of account.

2. Fake travel stamps.

They verify the two after approval or during A.P

And the latest trend is this. Out of every 10 f1 applicants, they will collect soa from atleast 8.

The reason why they won't collect from the remaining 2 is because they are on scholarship / funding / waiver.

Before you visit the embassy for your interview, please go on your kneels and beg that "uncle" or "hanty" of yours to open up to you on the authenticity of the Soa.

You know your uncle lives in a room and palour with his 3 kids, drives a 1995 Toyota and he hands over a bank statement of N10 million naira to you, please use your head and think twice before you earn yourself a ban from the US

Very wicked somebori grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2018
lol. Wait now and let him pick up his passport first. You might be shocked! It's unfortunate though.
homirefacuny:

You are new on this platform right? It's obvious you don't know the gravity of your offense grin. Will some agents make heaven like this? You should have cancelled the appointment!!! Now you have succeeded in grabbing your share of 10 gidigba ban grin

Sorry bro. You have learnt the hard way. If you were on a full ride, your SOA would not have been taken probably but then it's wrong in its entirety to present fakesl docs to the consulate. Ten years no be 1 Year baba mi. Chai
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
Alright! Make sure you go to the interview with his visa passport. Don't forget this for any reason!

Isn't this impersonation or why should someone hold someone else's passport if the person isn't there in person with her?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kirusky4life:

It is a $1000 scholarship that qualified me for in state tuition.
The scholarship is not showing on my i20 because I have received my i20 b4 it was offered
But I have a letter from the school showing the amount and the things covered by the scholarship issues by the school. I also showed it to the VO but he said I should update it on my profile.
The school is Texas A&M University Commerce
But the white paper the VO gave me, he wrote something like "Update Sevis to reflect scholarship"

Get the International Office to re-issue your I-20 reflecting you got 1000 scholarship and your new tuition as it should be (i.e. the in-state tuition). You can get them to send it to you through courier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2018
Abiseundun:
Hello guys, I have to come out with the truth at this point

lasthero:

Please I will beg all prospective applicants in the name of God or whatever deity you serve. Don't go near Abuja embassy with any of this two.

Not only abuja embassy bro, Lagos too. Agents do it alot; f1 through agents though, I wonder why you can't do it by yourself. Well, its 10years ban for misrepresentation if they find out, I'm sure they informed you when they asked to verify your statement. And if they read your post too which anyone could stumble upon its another proof that they're right by tightening their visa approval process?? I'm not judging you but actions have consequences be it to you or your fellow countrymen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kirusky4life:

OK. I have mailed the school . Hoping they reply ASAP. Thanks a lot. Am grateful

Is it possible you give them a call? This helps ensure it is treated ASAP as they will likely respond to mails in the order they are received.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
Abiseundun:
Hello guys, I have to come out with the truth at this point, the agent sent me the statement of account a day before the interview, so there was nothing I could do to change it, it was a fake, but when I went for the interview, the VO took it and approved my visa, but now on their platform, it's showing refused, meanwhile my passport is still with them. Please I need urgent replies at this time, be it criticism, likely penalty and so on. Thank you all. Please just send me a pm
It does mean that they have done their confirmation and found it to be fake. The VO wouldn't have been able to discover that during the interview. You impressed him but the account statement bleeped you up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
IFearGod:
It does mean that they have done their confirmation and found it to be fake. VO wouldn't have been able to discover during the interview. You impressed him but the account statement bleeped you up.
There are cases with genuine bank statements that are currently having the same issue, you cannot say for sure until he's handed his passport.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2018
Demonicide:
what is the name of your school?

University of Southern Mississippi.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
lol. Wait now and let him pick up his passport first. You might be shocked! It's unfortunate though.
Hmm... Well I wish him the best. He will be extremely lucky not to earn a ban. For others seeing this post.... If you want to check the genuineness of your SOA... Just try to transfer funds using any mobile app to the said account.. If it comes up with the name as written on the statement. Then it's fine, then you are left with knowing the account balance. At least you know that the statement is real. It's well

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Lol. Are you asking a question or concluding? She will be going for F2 visa. The principal applicant's visa has been issued. Go to the US consulate site; it is one of the requirements if the interview is scheduled separately. In the first place, they were supposed to go to the interview together, especially if the principal applicant is a spouse, but the student did not specify whether or not this is the case. That is why I am suggesting this. Trust me, this is the procedure. The VO will even ask for the passport so as to confirm. The last time I did this for a student, we scheduled the appointment together--on a single appointment, same date, all barcode on the same paper for the F1 applicant and all his children. So, I am writing from experience. Cheers!
GboyegaD:

Isn't this impersonation or why should someone hold someone else's passport if the person isn't there in person with her?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
You are still missing it. The procedure outlined to confirm an SOA is not adequate. The acct name and acct number can match, yet SOA is fake. grin grin grin
Is this not Nigeria. A guy from here contact me some weeks ago; all info match but statement is fake. lol. He has been banned though. I will not go into details.

homirefacuny:

Hmm... Well I wish him the best. He will be extremely lucky not to earn a ban. For others seeing this post.... If you want to check the genuineness of your SOA... Just try to transfer funds using any mobile app to the said account.. If it comes up with the name as written on the statement. Then it's fine, then you are left with knowing the account balance. At least you know that the statement is real. It's well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Abiseundun:
Hello guys, I have to come out with the truth at this point, the agent sent me the statement of account a day before the interview, so there was nothing I could do to change it, it was a fake, but when I went for the interview, the VO took it and approved my visa, but now on their platform, it's showing refused, meanwhile my passport is still with them. Please I need urgent replies at this time, be it criticism, likely penalty and so on. Thank you all. Please just send me a pm

At this stage, you can only await your fate. The reason for refusal would be written in the letter that comes with your passport and the penalty which is likely a 10year ban. Anyways, just move on and take it as fate although, you should have suspected an agent who gave you an account that he could go any length just to make sure he makes his living particularly in a country like ours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2018
Your head dey there. grin grin grin
GboyegaD:

Is it possible you give them a call? This helps ensure it is treated ASAP as they will likely respond to mails in the order they are received.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2018
Abiseundun:

Damn!.....that’s an automatic 10year ban according to the new rule. If they forgive you. U can only be eligible to reapply in year 2028.
Since you knew it was a fake statement the u should have cancelled that appointment.
Abuja embassy doesn’t play with things like this fake statement and fake stamps. Fake stamps is even worst. They will send ur passport to Nigerian immigration,I know someone they did that to.
Best of luck tho. Maybe u won’t be banned! Who knows

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
You are still missing it. The procedure outlined to confirm an SOA is not adequate. The acct name and acct number can match, yet SOA is fake. grin grin grin
Is this not Nigeria. A guy from here contact me some weeks ago; all info match but statement is fake. lol. He has been banned though. I will not go into details.

How is this possible bro?
I need to learn from you off camera grin Chai the system is very bad right now o.
I sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2018
Adhheir:

There are cases with genuine bank statements that are currently having the same issue, you cannot say for sure until he's handed his passport.

ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2018
lasthero:

1. Fake statement of account.

2. Fake travel stamps.

They verify the two after approval or during A.P

And the latest trend is this. Out of every 10 f1 applicants, they will collect soa from atleast 8.

The reason why they won't collect from the remaining 2 is because they are on scholarship / funding / waiver.

Before you visit the embassy for your interview, please go on your kneels and beg that "uncle" or "hanty" of yours to open up to you on the authenticity of the Soa.

You know your uncle lives in a room and palour with his 3 kids, drives a 1995 Toyota and he hands over a bank statement of N10 million naira to you, please use your head and think twice before you earn yourself a ban from the US

This is no victim ooo. went to the embassy knowing it a fake .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
Lol. Are you asking a question or concluding? She will be going for F2 visa. The principal applicant's visa has been issued. Go to the US consulate site; it is one of the requirements if the interview is scheduled separately. In the first place, they were supposed to go to the interview together, especially if the principal applicant is a spouse, but the student did not specify whether or not this is the case. That is why I am suggesting this. Trust me, this is the procedure. The VO will even ask for the passport so as to confirm. The last time I did this for a student, we scheduled the appointment together--on a single appointment, same date, all barcode on the same paper for the F1 applicant and all his children. So, I am writing from experience. Cheers!

I am not sure about the part of the person holding onto the F1 visa holder's original passport. I feel it is a very sensitive and personal document. I know a few who have gone for F2 visas without the original passport and I think a copy of the biodata page of the F1 visa would suffice since the VO like homeland would likely be able to call up the F1 visa if they have to.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2018
lol. grin grin grin Still a victim though. Lord have mercy.
LagosismyHome:

This is no victim ooo. went to the embassy knowing it a fake .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2018
homirefacuny:

Being able to transfer and confirming the name still does not suggest the account is original. I would say before you collect an account from an uncle or aunt or whoever, be sure of the person's integrity and willingness to sponsor/help you as the case may be.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2018
Yes, this is another good idea. Photocopy in colour. But is the principal applicant is a spouse, passport will be nice. VO these days no get patient again. And you know.

GboyegaD:

I am not sure about the part of the person holding onto the F1 visa holder's original passport. I feel it is a very sensitive and personal document. I know a few who have gone for F2 visas without the original passport and I think a copy of the biodata page of the F1 visa would suffice since the VO like homeland would likely be able to call up the F1 visa if they have to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2018
Kirusky4life:
Hello house, pls I need help. I had my interview today at Lagos. I was not approved neither was I denied. After the interview, the VO said my scholarship is not reflecting on my profile. He gave me a white paper with my passport back, saying once I update my profile to reflect the scholarship, I should send the prove of update and and my passport via dhl. Pls I don't understand what am suppose to do and the paper he gave me did help much. Anyone had such an experience before, pls where exactly should I do the update. I will Share my full transcript once a decision is made by them. Please help a sister

Hello, I hope the information I am about to give will be helpful. This is not a problem. Just send an e mail to the school and ask them to update your i20 and Sevis. Immediately I saw your post, I mailed my school directly telling them that I need an updated i20 and Sevis covering all my GA benefits. To my surprise is has been updated.
Thank you for sharing your “challenge”. It helped me and I hope my contribution will be helpful also.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
GboyegaD:

Being able to transfer and confirming the name still does not suggest the account is original. I would say before you collect an account from an uncle or aunt or whoever, be sure of the person's integrity and willingness to sponsor/help you as the case may be.

I agree but what does the embassy meant by original account when everything clicks with the statement of account. Lil but confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
Yes, this is another good idea. Photocopy in colour. But is the principal applicant is a spouse, passport will be nice. VO these days no get patient again. And you know.

I no know of VO no get patient ooo. I sha just love American embassy for naija the two times wey I go there. My first one, na so two boys dey form accent dey disturb. One nack short dey pose everywhere. When dem deny the guy, accent change. For my mind, I just laugh say see human being. There I met a few guys who have been to the embassy over 5 times and they were super negative. I just told one I do not care and I am going back to work after interview. I even slept while waiting for my number to appear on screen. I got it and one guy who jumped the queue when we were coming in and was denied claimed I should have been the one that was denied I just laughed.
The second time I went, I just got back that week and I needed to change my F1 visa to B1/B2. I enjoyed the drama although not as much as my first time. Each time I renewed my B1/B2, it was always same questions which are what school I finished from and where my sister lives in the US.
In it all, one thing I learnt is that one just need be patient and enjoy the conversation. I believe the ability to be calm coupled with good preparation would make one have a great experience.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hello House,

Please, What does the VO means when asked; what is the relationship between the schools chosen? What details is required to give out?

Please, anybody with solutions to this question? will really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
homirefacuny:

I agree but what does the embassy meant by original account when everything clicks with the statement of account. Lil but confused.

So if it is what I think I understand from what I have read about those fake accounts, for the most of it, the account number, name, and bank is very correct however, the transactions and balances might not be. What they do is to tamper with the transactions to create volumes and a good balance at the end of the statement period. I learnt the US now has the right to confirm transactions in an account coupled with statement balances (not confirmed though).

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
Please if i don't see a close appointment date, my school resumes January 14th, how will I start the process to request for a emergency appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
Bunmip:
Hello House,

Please, What does the VO means when asked; what is the relationship between the schools chosen? What details is required to give out?

Please, anybody with solutions to this question? will really appreciate

You could talk about them being categorized on same research tiers, their rankings which are similar, the course structures and research focus which are similar, the climatic conditions of the state/cities which are very similar, the size of the program which are very similar, if you plan furthering your studies, you could talk about the PhD placements of the program. There are many things you can use to answer this question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kunzzy4me(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2018
Stop patronizing agent it has been said time without number on this platform... U can do it yourself...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
cheesy cheesy Nice.
GboyegaD:

I no know of VO no get patient ooo. I sha just love American embassy for naija the two times wey I go there. My first one, na so two boys dey form accent dey disturb. One nack short dey pose everywhere. When dem deny the guy, accent change. For my mind, I just laugh say see human being. There I met a few guys who have been to the embassy over 5 times and they were super negative. I just told one I do not care and I am going back to work after interview. I even slept while waiting for my number to appear on screen. I got it and one guy who jumped the queue when we were coming in and was denied claimed I should have been the one that was denied I just laughed.
The second time I went, I just got back that week and I needed to change my F1 visa to B1/B2. I enjoyed the drama although not as much as my first time. Each time I renewed my B1/B2, it was always same questions which are what school I finished from and where my sister lives in the US.
In it all, one thing I learnt is that one just need be patient and enjoy the conversation. I believe the ability to be calm coupled with good preparation would make one have a great experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
Stop patronizing agent it has been said time without number on this platform... U can do it yourself...

Some might not be aware before now. One thing though, visiting an agent should be a guide but the challenge is that most leave their fate in the hands of the said agents.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.