Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793320 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
If you are tired, then get clarification before you conclude. I wasn't saying they should take fake documents to embassy. There's no one time I suggested that here. Don't make me feel like I am doing the wrong thing for the little help I offer here and there.

LagosismyHome:

I tire for that comment . ...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 11:17pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
You sure know you misinterpret me.
Yes, you've rendered help and become a significant part of the community with your inputs, but don't play coy with our intelligence, you just advise someone that its okay to lie about their bank statements which can come back to bite the person which could further screw more genuine students. You're gonna have to explain your interpretation because this is the obvious interpretation?
Even the poster modified their post

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
Could you please quote where this is stated. If you quote me, and it's true, I promise I will leave this thread tonight.
Adhheir:

Yes, you've rendered help and become a significant part of the community with your inputs, but don't play coy with our intelligence, you just advise someone that its okay to lie about their bank statements which can come back to bite the person which could further screw more genuine students. You're gonna have to explain your interpretation because this is the obvious interpretation?
Even the poster modified their post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
Look at the picture on my wall very well. I am not a kid or 20-something. If we exchange ideas here, it does not lower my qualification or whatsoever. I have not modify any comment, and I will not do it. Just state where I say a student should use a fake statement. And by the way, who are you that toying with your intelligence would be something I waste my time for?
Baba, you don't have to become so defensive, this thread is filled with graduate students; some have already bagged their MSCs and/or PHds. I didn't say you modified your post, I said the initial poster who said "they intend to lie about their bank statements" did, which you advised "everyone should run their race and carry their cross". At this stage of my life no-one can bully me with age or experience that's the major problem our dear country is facing; some seventy something old politicians feel they're in the prime age with the best experience to lead and I don't have to tell you their results. My question is still what was the implication of you quoting the post of someone who said they want to lie about their statements and your advise of them running their race and carrying their cross? Does that sound like "don't do that, don't ruin your chances and that of others?" Please enlighten me as you've done in the past.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tombnok: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2018
Good evening,
i have been reading this thread from part 8 to 14, and i was happy to see people with the positive vibes, and i just do not want to be sleeping on a bicycle, i want to ask questions i want help to so this is my profile;
studied civil engineering in uni (undergraduate) scored 287 in GRE, got admission to study civil engineering in Morgan state Uni Maryland, (masters), good hands(agent) helping with filling my form online, my father bank statement to be as sponsor, please enlighten me more on most likely questions and how exactly it might go, i have a date for dec 19 2018, resumption has to be before jan 20 2019. i have read a lot of transcript, i just want a good person to help and give me more lead and guide thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2018
You need enlightenment on a statement you have concluded on? I'd tell you again: run your race and carry your cross. Choose your path, and do focus on what you're here for; just avoid fairheart. You don hear me? Good!
Adhheir:

Baba, you don't have to become so defensive, this thread is filled with graduate students; some have already bagged their MSCs and/or PHds. I didn't say you modified your post, I said the initial poster who said "they intend to lie about their bank statements" did, which you advised "everyone should run their race and carry their cross". At this stage of my life no-one can bully me with age or experience that's the major problem our dear country is facing; some seventy something old politicians feel they're in the prime age with the best experience to lead and I don't have to tell you their results. My question is still what was the implication of you quoting the post of someone who said they want to lie about their statements and your advise of them running their race and carrying their cross? Does that sound like "don't do that, don't ruin your chances and that of others?" Please enlighten me as you've done in the past.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
fairheart:
You need enlightenment on a statement you have concluded on? I'd tell you again: run your race and carry your cross. Choose your path, and do focus on what you're here for; just avoid fairheart. You don hear me? Good!
grin grin grin grin
You'll do a wonderful work if you were a goalie...baba went full defense, I'll just let lying dogs lay...and Sire its a faceless forum, there's actually nothing you can do to me because I called you out for an obvious wrongdoing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
After I've gone through the past 3-4 threads, I realized that the cause of this argument is more of a misinterpretation, which I believe is bound to happen in this kind of setting where responses can't easily be accessed.

So I'll plead on the two of you and on behalf of people who are on this thread to learn, to please let the matter go.

Since I started following this thread I've gained a lot from contributions from you both and I wouldn't like a situation where someone will have to leave.

@fairheart and @aldheir
Thank you Sirs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:02am On Dec 05, 2018
tombnok:
Good evening,
i have been reading this thread from part 8 to 14, and i was happy to see people with the positive vibes, and i just do not want to be sleeping on a bicycle, i want to ask questions i want help to so this is my profile;
studied civil engineering in uni (undergraduate) scored 287 in GRE, got admission to study civil engineering in Morgan state Uni Maryland, (masters), good hands(agent) helping with filling my form online, my father bank statement to be as sponsor, please enlighten me more on most likely questions and how exactly it might go, i have a date for dec 19 2018, resumption has to be before jan 20 2019. i have read a lot of transcript, i just want a good person to help and give me more lead and guide thank you.

Why can't you fill your DS160 by yourself? Does the agent know you better than you do yourself?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Robert6708: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2018
Hey, how’s everyone doing. Noticed the issue of statement of account being verified is causing a lot of rancor. And some people think embassies now have the right to verify acct balance and what not. Like someone rightly pointed out, the only thing the embassy can confirm is if the statement originated from the bank I.e it’s genuiness as per the Acct no. Name, and other on the surface details. No one has authority to confirm ur balance and transaction history.

For those who got approved and later denied, it’s just fate. Pray harder and refire. All this conspiracy theory is funny. Fact is the figure for visa applicants have tripled, so anyone can be denied for any convenient reason.

And another thing, if I were a VO, and I settle down to read this thread, I can easily tell from the response I get if an applicant is from nairaland or not; and the truth of the matter is 99% of people on here do not have the means to get graduate degree in the US, I mean, with the way naija is, how many people can afford to spend $60k(which is even on a very cheap side). Those that can afford it belong to a very small circle and they don’t usually come on here asking obvious questions. At most they read in silence and go for their interview and kill it.

Preparation is important But like I said. PRAYER IS THE KEY! Before u ask me to what, let me answer ——> to a US VISA!!

Shalom!

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:56am On Dec 05, 2018
Gent009:
Visa Approved Transcript

Appointment was by 7:30am in Abuja. Got to the embassy few mins to 7. Let me say this pls pay no attention to the guys outside the embassy they have nothing to offer and do well to keep ur phone at home or at the hotel. only take it along if u really need it. I paid 1,500 just to keep my phone.

The queue was much but saw it through, the security check wasn't stressful at all, I got to the interview room, well it wasn't as I imagined. Saw just 3 ladies conducting the interview. 2 white and a black. The slim white lady (I can still remeber her face clearly) was busy hanging pink latter to anything that comes her way and I was hoping not to get her. The guy she interviewed b4 me didn't even last upto 1mins. He asked him just two questions even before he could answer she cut him short and handed him the pink paper, and immediately she signaled for me to come over.

At the point all my confidence went down the drain and I wasn't myself. I can't remeber all what I said but this is the best of my knowledge.

Me: Hi, Good morning
Vo: How did you find out abt this school (first question)

Me:After I decided to study in the USA I attended EducationUSA Advising Center in V.I lagos where I was introduced to academic website such as Peterson, gradschool, masterportal, which I found particularly...... (cut me off)

VO:Why did you choose this school?
ME: All the schools I applied to all have great academic standards but in addition to this xxxx offered me the best value for money the tuition fee is well within my grandpa budget and when I....... (cut me off)

VO: Why do u want to get to this school?
Me: (shuuu! You just asked me the same question and u cut me off without allowing me to give my point.)
Me: Their tuition fee is within my grandpa budget and when I compare the schools by their faculty, their professors, the qualification they are holding, the kind of research they are working on..... (cut me off again)

VO: (getting frustrated and looking directly into my eyes) you are about spending lots of money on this school why did u want to go to this school?

Me: (then I had to move away from my rehashed transcript) This school offers a blend of criminal justice in addition to their criminology degree with is something I was actively looking out for... I will need this course to secure a full staff position as a lecturer assistant to professor xxxxx the professor of criminology in xxxxx University. Am currently a graduate assistant lecture in training in Criminology.... (seems abit satisfied and cut me off again)

VO: how old are you?
Me: xx

VO: Did you write gre?
Me: I wrote IELTS... Gre was waived for me

VO: Who is sponsoring ur trip?
Me: My grandpa

VO: Can I have his statement?
Me: I gave her (I feel relived at this point her countenence has changed and I was feeling very optimistic at this point)

VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a nationwide distributor of coca-cola product. He has 5 outlets nationwide. 2 in lagos, 1 benin, 1 pH, 1 enugu. And also owns a small transport business that transport people from lagos to benin, and benin to lagos. It's Very productive and he's making alot.

VO: (Looked at the bank statement and was impressed. Brought out a white paper) All ur information checks out and I will be approving ur visa. But first I have to confirm this bank statement. If found fraudulent u will be ban for 10yrs, should I go ahead.

Me: Pls go ahead (in my mind abeg make she fast b4 she change her mind)

Took my white paper and walked away boning as if I was rejected and people started saying sorry bro na so dy dy do.

3 working days after, Visa Status Changed to Issued. This platform has been of tremendous help to me am grateful.

Some observation I made.

1. She doesn't really care abt the schools u applied to nor the course as long as u can defend.

2. I didn't notice her type not even once. Compared to all the transcripts I read about vo's typing fast and all the time.

3. No point craming ur transcript just build a possible sinerio answer around some basic questions and know them. U can mix them up at anytime.

4. Dress dosent matter.

5. Don't beat round the bush put ur best foot forward, give them ur best point first and be confident while saying it.

6. Always add education usa

7. No need trying to get a favorable v.o just asked God to give u the one who will give u ur visa and u will be fine

All this I learnt from my mistake at my interview. THANK God I got my visa regardless

@creamylicious follow ur dreams dear, everyone's part is different

Congrats bro... But number 6 got me laughing. That's a wrong advice though. If you don't have business with educationusa, no need lying about it

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oluwatoyinakinb(f): 3:38am On Dec 05, 2018
Hello people,how can I check for list of interview date on January i needed to pick 15th January for visa schedule but it just stand still on 7th January,how do I manipulate this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OluDare01(m): 4:05am On Dec 05, 2018
I so much love this thread. It is very good for comic relief grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 6:09am On Dec 05, 2018
I think when you enter your MRV receipt number, you will be able to select pick up location and after that you see an option if one has been refused in the last 2 months or regular. Choose the applicable option and lists of available dates will pop-up for you to choose.
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Hello people,how can I check for list of interview date on January i needed to pick 15th January for visa schedule but it just stand still on 7th January,how do I manipulate this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 6:15am On Dec 05, 2018
fairheart:
If you are tired, then get clarification before you conclude. I wasn't saying they should take fake documents to embassy. There's no one time I suggested that here. Don't make me feel like I am doing the wrong thing for the little help I offer here and there.

Some people ehn, just outrightly negative.

I think you've given some of the most brilliant comments on this thread so far!

I applied, got my visa, went out and studied many years ago, hence my presence on this thread even though I've got no plans to travel out in the near future.

But some people are trying their best to ridicule you for no reason at all.

Imagine jpoppins was denied yesterday, i asked that she PMs me cos obviously she's distraught after being denied twice... Just to give her a pep talk and offer my help in anyway i can if she decides to reapply.

One geh (whom is also an applicant) came on here to try to be funny. Smh

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 6:18am On Dec 05, 2018
tombnok:
Good evening,

Fill your online forms yourself Mr. Man for your own good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 6:18am On Dec 05, 2018
PRYCE:

I applied, got my visa, went out and studied many years ago, hence my presence on this thread even though I've got no plans to travel out in the near future.

Imagine jpoppins was denied yesterday, i asked that she PMs me cos obviously she's distraught after being denied twice... Just to give her a pep talk and offer my help in anyway i can if she decides to reapply.

You are referring to me abi? we will start part 2 .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 6:20am On Dec 05, 2018
npmi:

Ignored! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 6:24am On Dec 05, 2018
Robert6708:
Hey, how’s everyone doing. Noticed the issue of statement of account being verified is causing a lot of rancor. And some people think embassies now have the right to verify acct balance and what not. Like someone rightly pointed out, the only thing the embassy can confirm is if the statement originated from the bank I.e it’s genuiness as per the Acct no. Name, and other on the surface details. No one has authority to confirm ur balance and transaction history.

For those who got approved and later denied, it’s just fate. Pray harder and refire. All this conspiracy theory is funny. Fact is the figure for visa applicants have tripled, so anyone can be denied for any convenient reason.

And another thing, if I were a VO, and I settle down to read this thread, I can easily tell from the response I get if an applicant is from nairaland or not; and the truth of the matter is 99% of people on here do not have the means to get graduate degree in the US, I mean, with the way naija is, how many people can afford to spend $60k(which is even on a very cheap side). Those that can afford it belong to a very small circle and they don’t usually come on here asking obvious questions. At most they read in silence and go for their interview and kill it.

Preparation is important But like I said. PRAYER IS THE KEY! Before u ask me to what, let me answer ——> to a US VISA!!

Shalom!

Couldn't agree less!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oluwatoyinakinb(f): 6:30am On Dec 05, 2018
Someone should help me on how to navigate checking visa interview date list for month of January I need to pick 15th January must schedule date still on 7th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:26am On Dec 05, 2018
Hey, must you pick 15th? Have you paid the necessary fees? You may not get 15 o; the embassy decide what date is available. So, you will have to work with the closest available date, and if not suitable, request for expedient appointment. But then, you'll likely not get 15. Let me know how it goes!
Oluwatoyinakinb:
Someone should help me on how to navigate checking visa interview date list for month of January I need to pick 15th January must schedule date still on 7th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:34am On Dec 05, 2018
Well, you just got to move on and still help anyway. There are people who are literally angry for every little kind of help and humanity you give. Sometimes, the way they poke at you would want you to numb your heart and be cold, but if you know you've been a light with whatever you do for people, keep the fire burning. The best thing is to ignore people like this.
PRYCE:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:36am On Dec 05, 2018
lol. Part 2. grin grin grin grin That's funny!
npmi:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by royal200: 8:00am On Dec 05, 2018
Please I need your urgent help.. I was admitted for a Master course in the US. Am ask to pay for a courier service of admission letter(3-5days) or school mailing directly Free (4-6weeks) and resumption is February.

1.Now my problem is if I use the free mail won't it affect my Visa interview date,considering the resumption date.

2.What are the other procedure after the collection of the admission letter. Thanks
Please treat as urgent.. I need to take decision within 72hours about the mailing.. Thanks boss

Please I first pasted this yesterday but hardly see any advice especially pertaining to second question... I need help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 8:08am On Dec 05, 2018
Goodmorning House, please for the Females when filling the Ds160 form, where you asked for Educational information? I used male and it asked for educational information, but when I reverted back to Female it dnt ask. Please it's urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 9:12am On Dec 05, 2018
tombnok:
Good evening,
For Gods sake.....why cant you people just leave agents out of this....It is not a big deal filling ds--160,u can do it urself,that is why you are students,unless truely u are not!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2018
fairheart:
Please sir, I sent you mail but no response yet!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pharmacylaws: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2018
Please can I get a format of sponsorship letter here asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 9:53am On Dec 05, 2018
Hello, good morning everyone. Been following this section for a while but jus registered this morning, I was denied yesterday at Lagos embassy,all went well and I answered the questions to my own best, but the only thing I noticed was that the VO (a guy like an Asian) was not in good mood (coz the guy before me fought with him and gave him a lot of stress and argument). Now I want to refire! Coz am sure I deserve to be approved and I will be approved (in my second attempt) .Please is it possible to still gt a date before 23 December? Please help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2018
Adedayo65:
Hello, good morning everyone. Been following this section for a while but jus registered this morning, I was denied yesterday at Lagos embassy,all went well and I answered the questions to my own best, but the only thing I noticed was that the VO (a guy like an Asian) was not in good mood (coz the guy before me fought with him and gave him a lot of stress and argument). Now I want to refire! Coz am sure I deserve to be approved and I will be approved (in my second attempt) .Please is it possible to still gt a date before 23 December? Please help!

When is your school resuming? Cos that will determine if you use emergency appointment option to get a date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.