Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796023 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by best827(m): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
Hello Good day , Please My name is King, I graduated from Ekiti state university with second class lower, I studied Public Administration...
Please sir I wanna further my studies and learn computer or any IT related courses in USA, Am very Good in computer, Infact, I really love computer to the extent that people think they use computer to swear for me.. The issues is that I studied public Administration in The university, now I want to go for Computer, IT related courses in the USA. Please sir how do I get it started with everything, I have money to spend money is not a problem sir I have A Limited Liability company as well, the issues is how do I start the process.?? Please consider me and reply this messages sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bfoundation: 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
Pls house, I have just one question only and I will make it simple.
Can I apply for a Schengen visa(Portugal) using Certificate of Registration of Business Name(popularly called an Enterprise) as I don’t have a LTD.
Thanks for your responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spring2019: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ararume2:
Good evening all. Was denied for the second time yesterday. Interview was short. Here's a transcript...

Me: Good morning ma'm

Vosadlooking very unfriendly) your passport and i20

you applied sometime in June. What do you think has changed about your application?

Me: I think I was unable to demonstrate that I had adequate sources of funding for my studies... my uncle heard of the visa denial and decided to step in to defray the cost of my studies..

Vo: Do you have his SOA...please pass it ..

Me: Yes please..passed it to her

Vo: Looked at it and typed for quite an uncomfortably long while. What does he do?

Me: He's a major distributor of Dangote cement in the south east and south south with outlets in all states of the south east...

Vo: How many children does he have?

Me: a boy

Vo: how old is he?

Me: 6yrs

Vo: kept typing for a very long time...

Me; My father still insists on playing traditional fatherly roles.. he'll be giving me $4k for my journey initially and will be sending monthly stipends for my living expenses. Can I also give you his SOA?

Vo: No...please concentrate on my questions

Me: alright ma'm

Vo: Typed and typed till she finally said ' I'm sorry you do not qualify for ....

The SOA shows a balance of 30m my tuition plus living expenses is abt 36k dollars...less than 13m

My start date is on 7/1/19

Where do I go from here?

In my opinion, you were not supposed to take the VO to that aspect of sponsorship when you were asked what has changed. That is why he concentrated on your sponsorship. The VO probably taught since he has a 6 year old son and possibly a wife. He has enough responsibilities.
I think you should have said now, you can confidently talk about your school and your course. Then the VO would have asked academic questions which you could have nailed. Sometimes, you can control the interview and take the VO to any of your strong points. Even if the VO would later ask about sponsorship, he would have already been convinced you know what you are doing if you had answered all those why this school, why this course well.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
Spring2019:

In my opinion, you were not supposed to take the VO to that aspect of sponsorship when you were asked what has changed. That is why he concentrated on your sponsorship. The VO probably taught since he has a 6 year old son and possibly a wife. He has enough responsibilities.
I think you should have said now, you can confidently talk about your school and your course. Then the VO would have asked academic questions which you could have nailed. Sometimes, you can control the interview and take the VO to any of your strong points. Even if the VO would later ask about sponsorship, he would have already been convinced you know what you are doing if you had answered all those why this school, why this course well.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
Spring2019:

So...in my next interview, I should switch to this line of conversation if they ask what has changed since my previous interviews? Do you think I should ask for an extension of my start date or schedule another interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ararume2:
Good evening all. Was denied for the second time yesterday. Interview was short. Here's a transcript...

you applied sometime in June. What do you think has changed about your application?

Me: I think I was unable to demonstrate that I had adequate sources of funding for my studies... my uncle heard of the visa denial and decided to step in to defray the cost of my studies..

Vo: Looked at it and typed for quite an uncomfortably long while. What does he do?

Me: He's a major distributor of Dangote cement in the south east and south south with outlets in all states of the south east...

Me; My father still insists on playing traditional fatherly roles.. he'll be giving me $4k for my journey initially and will be sending monthly stipends for my living expenses. Can I also give you his SOA?

Vo: Typed and typed till she finally said ' I'm sorry you do not qualify for ....

The SOA shows a balance of 30m my tuition plus living expenses is abt 36k dollars...less than 13m

Where do I go from here?
Omo! This VO is angry, sorry pal. Never Give Up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ararume2:

Where do I go from here?

Two things I noticed: When the VO was typing you shouldn't have talked about your father.In my interview,the VO typed for a while before asking me questions.Infact,she asked me to wait a bit.It is part of psychology...
However,a more productive interview should be more detailed and with clarity.It is more about knowing when to talk and when to keep mum.
Also,you shouldn't have asked to give SOA it shows desperation.This is why she said you should wait for her questions..Honestly,it is better to give document at the VO's demand.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by cheerios: 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
@justwise and other contributor..

Please..help out..i got stucked while filling my ds 160.what do i fill in primary occupation? Couldn't find an option to best describe my job..i work in a logistics firm as junior operations Manager..how do i input this.?thankx

Here all options.
Primary Occupation
AGRICULTURE
ARTIST/PERFORMER
BUSINESS
COMMUNICATIONS
COMPUTER SCIENCE
CULINARY/FOOD SERVICES
EDUCATION
ENGINEERING
GOVERNMENT
HOMEMAKER
LEGAL PROFESSION
MEDICAL/HEALTH
MILITARY
NATURAL SCIENCE
NOT EMPLOYED
PHYSICAL SCIENCES
RELIGIOUS VOCATION
RESEARCH
RETIRED
SOCIAL SCIENCE
STUDENT
OTHER

And if i select OTHER..it further provide space for me to type..please help..

So sorry for posting it here..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2018
cheerios:

OTHER

Anything wrong with typing? undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2018
Ararume2:

Where do I go from here?

Everyone's uncle seems to be a major distributor in dangote cement grin..... just saying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2Smile(m): 2:52am On Dec 16, 2018
cheerios:
@justwise and other contributor..

Please..help out..i got stucked while filling my ds 160.what do i fill in primary occupation? Couldn't find an option to best describe my job..i work in a logistics firm as junior operations Manager..how do i input this.?thankx

Here all options.
Primary Occupation
AGRICULTURE
ARTIST/PERFORMER
BUSINESS
COMMUNICATIONS
COMPUTER SCIENCE
CULINARY/FOOD SERVICES
EDUCATION
ENGINEERING
GOVERNMENT
HOMEMAKER
LEGAL PROFESSION
MEDICAL/HEALTH
MILITARY
NATURAL SCIENCE
NOT EMPLOYED
PHYSICAL SCIENCES
RELIGIOUS VOCATION
RESEARCH
RETIRED
SOCIAL SCIENCE
STUDENT
OTHER

So sorry for posting it here..
Then select OTHER and type "Logistics" or "Logistics Operation Manager".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 4:47am On Dec 16, 2018
for an MBA applicant, I do understand the following direct question during an interview,
1. why do you need this MBA?
2. what will this MBA do for you
3. why are you going for this MBA?
4. why do you choose to study this MBA

but my questions is this, when Vo just ask why MBA? only
does it also means the same following 4 questions above or i'm to give brief description of MBA to the Vo, thanks in advance for responding and suggestions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 4:58am On Dec 16, 2018
Enasdan:
for an MBA applicant, I do understand the following direct question during an interview,
1. why do you need this MBA?
2. what will this MBA do for you
3. why are you going for this MBA?
4. why do you choose to study this MBA

but my questions is this, when Vo just ask why MBA? only
does it also means the same following 4 questions above or i'm to give brief description of MBA to the Vo, thanks in advance for responding and suggestions

English is not hard na grin grin... why is why... question 1, 3, 4 are same. Abeg stop confusing yourself oo

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 5:00am On Dec 16, 2018
Pefuele:

Two things I noticed: When the VO was typing you shouldn't have talked about your father.In my interview,the VO typed for a while before asking me questions.Infact,she asked me to wait a bit.It is part of psychology...
However,a more productive interview should be more detailed and with clarity.It is more about knowing when to talk and when to keep mum.
Also,you shouldn't have asked to give SOA it shows desperation.This is why she said you should wait for her questions..Honestly,it is better to give document at the VO's demand.
True talk....my own observation too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dwest1: 6:00am On Dec 16, 2018
Nutshell44:

Congrats. When are you traveling maybe we can hook up
I dey go bowie state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yommy247(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2018
Good morning everybody. I cchoosed only one school and got admitted. Is it okay to tell the VO i choosed only one school? Hope is not a turn off too?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2018
Pefuele:

Thanks so much. These things appear to be neither here nor there. I just reasoned that 30m might just not cut it that was why I added the aspect of my dads SOA.

someone also feels I should have deemphasized on the aspect of funding while paying more attention to my better grasp of my course and institution of choice.

Going forward however, what should be my line of response when asked what has changed about my application in my next interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 7:25am On Dec 16, 2018
Afolabi6046:
Omo! This VO is angry, sorry pal. Never Give Up

Give up ke? We die here!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2018
Ubah1:

English is not hard na grin grin... why is why... question 1, 3, 4 are same. Abeg stop confusing yourself oo

Ubah my brother, I wanted to argue with u oooo but I got confused myself sef lol. Somehow, these questions are and can be confusing o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:05am On Dec 16, 2018
Ararume2:

Give up ke? We die here!

Please don't die there grin, it's their country oo, not ours. Just do your best and hope for the visa to come through

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:05am On Dec 16, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

Ubah my brother, I wanted to argue with u oooo but I got confused myself sef lol. Somehow, these questions are and can be confusing o

Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yommy247(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2018
Good morning everybody. I cchoosed only one school and got admitted. Is it okay to tell the VO i choosed only one school? Hope is not a turn off too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abiriba: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2018
Hello House,
Please I want to change the surname on my kid's passport .How do I get that done so that I can do a new International Passport for them.
Kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2018
Yommy247:

Don't go to the embassy and say choosed oo; just saying!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2018
PRYCE:

You mean he should lie

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2018
PRYCE:

I think this is a bad way of passing your message. You didn't need to have commented cos you didn't even provide an answer.

Let's all learn to be discrete and not just be tempted to fish out the typing errors people make.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 11:13am On Dec 16, 2018
Olalekank:

I think this is a bad way of passing your message. You didn't need to have commented cos you didn't even provide an answer.

Let's all learn to be discrete and not just be tempted to fish out the typing errors people make.
Noted sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 11:52am On Dec 16, 2018
Ararume2:

Thanks so much. These things appear to be neither here nor there. I just reasoned that 30m might just not cut it that was why I added the aspect of my dads SOA.

someone also feels I should have deemphasized on the aspect of funding while paying more attention to my better grasp of my course and institution of choice.

Going forward however, what should be my line of response when asked what has changed about my application in my next interview?
What has changed could be scholarships:
Were you given scholarships now?
Are there some info you didn't know initially that could have aided you in your previous interview?
Info about school that relates to your course of study you can chip it in.
Is it personal;in terms of confidence and conviction.
Now,your application involves not just what you fill on your DS-160 but all that is involved...from how you heard about the school till you applied and how you got to that window for the interview.It is all round....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ararume2: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
Pefuele:

What has changed could be scholarships:
Were you given scholarships now?
Are there some info you didn't know initially that could have aided you in your previous interview?
Info about school that relates to your course of study you can chip it in.
Is it personal;in terms of confidence and conviction.
Now,your application involves not just what you fill on your DS-160 but all that is involved...from how you heard about the school till you applied and how you got to that window for the interview.It is all round....

Thank you so much. No scholarship yet. I think I have adequate info about the school and course of study...
My start date is 7/01/19. Should I book another interview at once?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
best827:
Hello Good day , Please My name is King, I graduated from Ekiti state university with second class lower, I studied Public Administration...
Please sir I wanna further my studies and learn computer or any IT related courses in USA, Am very Good in computer, Infact, I really love computer to the extent that people think they use computer to swear for me.. The issues is that I studied public Administration in The university, now I want to go for Computer, IT related courses in the USA. Please sir how do I get it started with everything, I have money to spend money is not a problem sir I have A Limited Liability company as well, the issues is how do I start the process.?? Please consider me and reply this messages sir
According to Femi312:

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if
we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for
now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course
you want to study, To save you some stress start from this
website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So
step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools
using a) www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you
should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most
common courses, you can start from there
b) www.gradschools.com c) www.google.com (you can just type
'msc
in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org .
3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the
requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require
both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You
can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take
the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the
information you need about the exam on the website. You will get
adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I
createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/
AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0
TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though,
some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone
country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link
below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other
sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and
the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/
AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0
As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP
and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This
can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or
Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an
assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a
monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One
advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of
the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and
funding opportunities, be very explicit.
Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring
(Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its
advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall
2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before
ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My
philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to
regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good
for you.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
Ararume2:

Thank you so much. No scholarship yet. I think I have adequate info about the school and course of study...
My start date is 7/01/19. Should I book another interview at once?
Yes you can if you have date that is not too close to your resumption date.If you get date this week it is okay.If you book too close to resumption it can mean desperation.Albeit,I once saw a guy that got VISA like 3days to resumption.Moreover,you may need to write your school for extension.
Note:when class begins is different from orientation week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.