Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797447 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Olalekank:

Wait
You don't sit down while interviewing?

Lol grin
Sit for where Na bros.... ogbeni wa mu standing ni o like you Dey inside molue o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olawale008888: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
Olalekank:

Wait
You don't sit down while interviewing?
Lol sit down ke...una go stand like person wey dey GTBank ATM

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AlterEnigma(m): 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
AlterEnigma:

Roommate Needed in TAMUK, Kingsville from Spring(January) 2019

Requirements : Male

PM me for details

Roommate Needed in TAMUK, Kingsville from Spring(January) 2019

Requirements : Male

PM me for details

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Olawale008888:

Lol sit down ke...una go stand like person wey dey GTBank ATM
Bad guy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jamoyakz: 11:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Enasdan:
please how safe is this, I was denied July 2018 and deferred and replied and denied again in December 2018 with the same school, no standardized tests was required, I informed the school, they have promised to offer me fresh admission 2019 and has moved my admission to Fall 2019.

my question is, should I accept the school admission and proceed to the embassy for Fall 2019 with same school. making it the third time with the same school, is this a red flag? how safe will this be for me, or I'm contemplating to be safer for me, I should apply for a fresh admission from a fresh school, please from your experiences, I do kindly need your all your advice, suggestions and contributions, thanks in advance.
oga most likely the result will be the same. change format or get a better school with funding my two cent

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TeeD(m): 12:25am On Dec 31, 2018
CuteRedd:
@TeeD congrats bro see you in V** Annex wink smiley

Hahaha. Bee, that's you. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TeeD(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2018
Olalekank:

Congratulations!
The VO seemed to be very happy.

=========================================
2 yrs+ experience in this same software engr. Abeg show me the way, what stack do you write?

We also appreciate your 2 cents ($0.02)

@olalekank Thanks, been using dotnet stack althrough. You sound like a pro. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:58am On Dec 31, 2018
TeeD:

@olalekank Thanks, been using dotnet stack althrough. You sound like a pro. grin
Bosses use dotNet

I'm not a pro o, I'm trying to shoot my shot .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 1:46am On Dec 31, 2018
jamoyakz:
oga most likely the result will be the same. change format or get a better school with funding my two cent
thanks I do appreciate your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Hisvoice(m): 4:09am On Dec 31, 2018
Quite a while here. Compliment of the season to everyone and good luck to all the Visa applicants.

Any nairalander in CSU Cleveland Ohio who like to show me around? Just came to the town for few days.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 4:13am On Dec 31, 2018
Hisvoice:
Quite a while here. Compliment of the season to everyone and good luck to all the Visa applicants.

Any nairalander in CSU Cleveland Ohio who like to show me around? Just came to the town for few days.
Thanks.

Please share your transcript with others if you don't mind

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 4:23am On Dec 31, 2018
good morning everyone, I was informed Canada do share inform with a US embassy, if you applied for Canada visa, during visa interview US embassy in Nigeria can detect it, please how true is it?

1do US embassy also know your 1. your sponsor in case you change sponsor 2, the course you applied for just in case you change it to a different course 3. change in your work place and income,
3 do US embassy also share the same information with Canada embassy just in case you apply for Canadian visa, if given admission by a Canadian university?

I'm in urgently in need your contributions and thanks for them in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Hisvoice(m): 4:27am On Dec 31, 2018
Ubah1:

Please share your transcript with others if you don't mind

Already shared. In part 13 or so

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ola9292(m): 6:19am On Dec 31, 2018
Hello house, if i am married,can i travel with my wife for my masters degree or i have to go first and she joins me later? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 7:17am On Dec 31, 2018
Ola9292:
Hello house, if i am married,can i travel with my wife for my masters degree or i have to go first and she joins me later? Thanks

Your wife can join you immediately on F2, but you will provide evidence of sufficient funds for her sojourn, etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kidUrbane: 8:03am On Dec 31, 2018
Hello house,
A very good morning to everyone. Happy last day of the year. I pray we all get pleasant surprises this new year. My question is, I recently changed the bar code on my profile on the appointment page. I understand it takes 72hrs before it’ll be updated. How can I print the appointment page with the updated DS-160 barcode.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2018
Please I have already booked an interview date. I want to edit one little thing on my ds160. How is it done? Plus if I edit it will the VO still be able to see what was there before?

Plus I requested for emergency appointment two weeks ago but it was denied. But it is still showing on my dashboard and it seems like I can request again, should I request again, is it allowed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2018
Ubah1:

There is no wickedness in that. They are doing their job. The guy has a brother in same school, that alone shows he is going to the school because of his brother there but he lied that he got to know the school from another source. Those V.Os are well trained and can decode a lie easily

Please I have already booked an interview date. I want to edit one little thing on my ds160. How is it done? Plus if I edit it will the VO still be able to see what was there before?

Plus I requested for emergency appointment two weeks ago but it was denied. But it is still showing on my dashboard and it seems like I can request again, should I request again, is it allowed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2018
Nutshell44:

Ask for 2 weeks extension

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vasilias: 9:41am On Dec 31, 2018
4th January available....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunz001(m): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Visa delayed today at Lagos consulate ...by one Indian woman like dah...window 7.

Here's my transcript
Why ENMU?
ENMU offers me an integrated and broad courses in computer science. Also the computer science department in the school have a research area that most interest me on network security..with an experience on network security... Den she cuts me
V.o:which oda school did I apply to and the location.
Me: jsu ...at Alabama
V.o:den she asked for the similarities
Me..at this point I bleeped up big time.... I tld her they are both public uni....she den tld me they have a lot of public universities in the uni...den I tld her they both offers me courses on artificial intelligence... I shld have just said that their research and curriculum opportunities are similar...I bleeped up here.
V.o: did I take I take any test
Me: yes..I tld her and the score
V.o: she den ask for my sponsor ...I den tld her my dad...
V.o: what does he do
Me: I tld her
V.o: then she asked like how much does he earn?
Me:..I tld her I dont have an idea about that.
V.o: she then said sorry bla bla sha.

It hurts badly ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:10am On Dec 31, 2018
Enasdan:
good morning everyone, I was informed Canada do share inform with a US embassy, if you applied for Canada visa, during visa interview US embassy in Nigeria can detect it, please how true is it?

1do US embassy also know your 1. your sponsor in case you change sponsor 2, the course you applied for just in case you change it to a different course 3. change in your work place and income,
3 do US embassy also share the same information with Canada embassy just in case you apply for Canadian visa, if given admission by a Canadian university?

I'm in urgently in need your contributions and thanks for them in advance
Hello there!
Please let's be mindful of the kind of question that we ask here. Does it seem like anyone here is a VO that have details of these questions you just asked?

You just dey list questions, chill, since you're a genuine student and can defend that, go for your interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Incomparable(f): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2018
homirefacuny:

Lol grin
Sit for where Na bros.... ogbeni wa mu standing ni o like you Dey inside molue o grin

You no go kill person for here. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2018
That Asian (Indian) girl at window 7 is not serious at all...She was just dashing people rejection letter. It's purely based on funding that she's rejecting most people. It would appear that she thinks people (Africans) cannot afford to live/pay for school in America without funding from the university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by iseoluwa89(m): 10:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Good day all, compliments of the season. Please I need help paying for my sevis fee. I have PM @Walspring but yet to get a reply. Please if you have anyone that can help with the payment kindly recommend.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunz001(m): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:
That Asian (Indian) girl at window 7 is not serious at all...She was just dashing people rejection letter. It's purely based on funding that she's rejecting most people. It would appear that she thinks people (Africans) cannot afford to live/pay for school in America without funding from the university.

No wonder she was asking that how much was my dad earning?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2018
tunz001:

No wonder she was asking that how much was my dad earning?

That's mainly her bias. She was willing to issue me a visa today but she said as a good PhD student, she expects me to get funding from the university as do most applicants. I told her that some faculty members have promised to fund my research starting from Fall semester, she then told me to wait until then or wait for the other university that has put me on admission waitlist. I told her I want to get done with my program as fast as possible and and willing to pay before getting funded by the department. She then asked for my sponsor and I told her my aunts (one has N75m+in fixed deposit plus 2.7m account balance, the other has 9 million on savings account closing balance.). She asked what they do and I told her, she gave one kind of smile (which revealed what she was thinking). She then asked how much I currently earn, which I told her something lower than what I actually make, because I have just started a firm which made me put myself on a lower salary than what I was actually earning when employed in a company It's about 1/4 of my last salary that I pay myself now, when production begins next year it will increase my income tremendously (she would not listen to explanations).
Then bla bla bla, Did you write any exam? I said yes, GRE and TOEFL and my good score. next was Sir, I won't be issuing your visa this time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 11:46am On Dec 31, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

That's mainly her bias. She was willing to issue me a visa today but she said as a good PhD student, she expects me to get funding from the university as do most applicants. I told her that some faculty members have promised to fund my research starting from Fall semester, she then told me to wait until then or wait for the other university that has put me on admission waitlist. I told her I want to get done with my program as fast as possible and and willing to pay before getting funded by the department. She then asked for my sponsor and I told her my aunts (one has N75m+in fixed deposit plus 2.7m account balance, the other has 9 million on savings account closing balance.). She asked what they do and I told her, she gave one kind of smile (which revealed what she was thinking). She then asked how much I currently earn, which I told her something lower than what I actually make, because I have just started a firm which made me put myself on a lower salary than what I was actually earning when employed in a company It's about 1/4 of my last salary that I pay myself now, when production begins next year it will increase my income tremendously (she would not listen to explanations).
Then bla bla bla, Did you write any exam? I said yes, GRE and TOEFL and my good score. next was Sir, I won't be issuing your visa this time...

Can you just imagine?
Is it all PhD applicants that gets funding in the USA? Thats totally unacceptable in my opinion. You showed her a good statement and even put up a good explanation to back it and then boom the nonsense blue paper. Na wa for the woman I swear.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Olalekank:

Hello there!
Please let's be mindful of the kind of question that we ask here. Does it seem like anyone here is a VO that have details of these questions you just asked?

You just dey list questions, chill, since you're a genuine student and can defend that, go for your interview
thanks for your responses, but that's why I'm asking for information, I don't have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
tunz001:
Visa delayed today at Lagos consulate ...by one Indian woman like dah...window 7.

Here's my transcript
Why ENMU?
ENMU offers me an integrated and broad courses in computer science. Also the computer science department in the school have a research area that most interest me on network security..with an experience on network security... Den she cuts me
Me..at this point I bleeped up big time.... I tld her they are both public uni....she den tld me they have a lot of public universities in the uni...den I tld her they both offers me courses on artificial intelligence... I shld have just said that their research and curriculum opportunities are similar...I bleeped up here.

It hurts badly ..
it does bro. A lot us weren't given on our first try. I felt very bad too for a while but now (four months later) I'm very very glad I was denied back then cos I would have been stranded. Just restrategize and refire, if it doesn't kill you it will only make you stronger. But those questions she asked about your dad/sponsor are very important, they are not trivial unlike "are you married, are you engaged, do you have kids"

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jiggsbaby: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
LagosismyHome:

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/dependents that the official site regarding dependent so read it

from the site : Make sure that your designated school official (DSO) knows that you would like to bring your dependents with you. When you inform the DSO that your dependents will be accompanying you to the United States, the DSO will then issue a Form I-20 for each of your dependent ......

SO YES it is the same school that would issue a i20s for all your dependents
Please check ur mail I need ur help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
tunz001:

Here's my transcript
Why ENMU?

It hurts badly ..
I am sorry about your rejection sweetie but I think you need to prepare better if you want to give it another go so you can give accurate and confident answers. I hope you get your visa the next time you apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: dozie656(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.