Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793064 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vasilias: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2018
BigUgo21:

@tombnok Morgan boy pm me let's connect!

Hello bro I'm going to Morgan as well please let me have your email address so we can exchange contacts.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
Good morning Fam.
My interview was supposed to be yesterday 27th Dec but I was turned back at the Checking point because my updated DS160/ Appointment I made on Friday 22nd December was yet to reflect on their system (owing to the Monday to Wednesday public holiday). They advised I book another appointment after three business working days.

Now, my school resumes on 8th January and have accepted I can miss orientation but MUST come in before classes resume on the 14th of January. on the other hand, the earliest interview date I saw Last night was Lagos 17th January and Abuja 16th January.

I want to a ask, if I book for a new interview today, will I be allowed to use the expedient interview option? Note: My last denial was December 2017 (over a year now) or will the "Turn back" at the embassy be counted as a denial as regards rule for expedient appointment?

Somebody please help. Advise needed ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pls who is experiencing this as well.
I want to update my DS160 form number but the option isn’t there on the page. What’s going on??

1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
Please house I need urgent help to pay my sevis fee from Nigeria, please I need the site to do this, please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
Awilibogy:
Please house I need urgent help to pay my sevis fee from Nigeria, please I need the site to do this, please.

Contact @walspring immediately. You can PM for his number.. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2018
You are cool with the arrangement of the date. Asking for emergency appointment may not change it; but you can try. Just attach necessary docs: sevis fee confirmation, visa fee receipt, dsform confirmation and your i-20. Upload these as required for the expedient appointment request.
Ifeoluwaseyi:
Good morning house, please my interview is stated for 8th of January and school resumes 14th. Please can I just leave it at that or is it adviceable I Request for emergency date.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
Good morning Fam.
My interview was supposed to be yesterday 27th Dec but I was turned back at the Checking point because my updated DS160/ Appointment I made on Friday 22nd December was yet to reflect on their system (owing to the Monday to Wednesday public holiday). They advised I book another appointment after three business working days.

Now, my school resumes on 8th January and have accepted I can miss orientation but MUST come in before classes resume on the 14th of January. on the other hand, the earliest interview date I saw Last night was Lagos 17th January and Abuja 16th January.

I want to a ask, if I book for a new interview today, will I be allowed to use the expedient interview option? Note: My last denial was December 2017 (over a year now) or will the "Turn back" at the embassy be counted as a denial as regards rule for expedient appointment?

Someone please respond to this abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by drunkpunk(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
Good evening Nairalanders... Please I have this friend assisting with my B160 visa since October and he hasn't submitted yet. He keeps coming with different stories as regards why he hasn't submitted like he's still trying to get a closer date and all. I've told him even if it's December 2019 just submit for me but still he hasn't. Please what could be wrong? How true is he? Also, is there anyone I can talk to in private as I cant state everything on a platform like this for security reasons. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abeeolars: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
You got your stuffs together very well! Welldone. Most times when the VO i s convinced that you know your stuff well enough, they are excited. The US wants sound and bright students!
yuscodguy:

Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AfricanMagic(m): 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2018
This Thread has been an eye opener for me, going through the experiences shared, thanks a billion. I intend going over to the states for school, Utah to be precise, I'm currently considering Utah Valley university, Brigham young university(quite less expensive tho) and Lds business college, yes they are less expensive in tuition and generally the cost of living is less expensive and readily available jobs, salt lake city is quite an emerging city in terms of economy, more and more business are springing up there more, opportunities opportunities opportunities �, another beautiful thing is the welcoming Community there, diverse with different race seems like united nations branch there ��, predominantly whites but less of the racial issues there .I went through the available courses on Business and I love how lds business college got this course on social media marketing and business really concise, well I'm one who wants to provide businesses with the new tech in marketing, social media has really come of age and a great tool.......................... Wait a minute this is not to answer questions asked at interview ooo lol, see as I got carried away typing ��.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifeoluwaseyi(f): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
Thank you
fairheart:
You are cool with the arrangement of the date. Asking for emergency appointment may not change it; but you can try. Just attach necessary docs: sevis fee confirmation, visa fee receipt, dsform confirmation and your i-20. Upload these as required for the expedient appointment request.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by HABRUZZY(m): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Evening anyone here registering GMAT at a reduce price help a brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
fairheart:
I know you're a sis. Thanks for clarifying!
Yimu grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Please house I asked a question earlier. What's the consequence of traveling after school resumption?? Atmost a week.. ���
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pat006:
Please house I asked a question earlier. What's the consequence of traveling after school resumption?? Atmost a week.. ���

You risk being returned ('deported') to Nigeria from the Point of Entry (POE). It's better to get a permission letter from your school if you're going later than the resumption date stated on your form I-20.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

You risk being returned ('deported') to Nigeria from the Point of Entry (POE). It's better to get a permission letter from your school if you're going later than the resumption date stated on your form I-20.

Thank you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
Good morning Fam.

I think you can use expedient interview option if you have not been denied in the last six months and in your case it is one year.So you can use it.
However,but what of if you mail your school to request for extension that can accommodate the 17th January date.Besides,I know they open closer dates during midnight so you can keep an eye on that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Nothing is more killing than having your application placed on Administrative Processing, even when you are a legit applicant and all your documents are genuine. 24hrs seem like 10 years already. It's been 2 full days already, no update, school resumes 7th January. I am so so confused!

For how long is this please? What further steps do I take please?

Greetings all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
alexohams2000:
Nothing is more killing than having your application placed on Administrative Processing, even when you are a legit applicant and all your documents are genuine. 24hrs seem like 10 years already. It's been 2 full days already, no update, school resumes 7th January. I am so so confused!

For how long is this please? What further steps do I take please?

Greetings all

The step I know is to watch and pray. If u are clean then why worry? Go home, pack your luggage, prepare to book ur flight and rush to ur babe them house and engage her now now now. You are flying soon. I wish you the best.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pefuele:

I think you can use expedient interview option if you have not been denied in the last six months and in your case it is one year.So you can use it.
However,but what of if you mail your school to request for extension that can accommodate the 17th January date.Besides,I know they open closer dates during midnight so you can keep an eye on that.

I already mailed them. They only granted me permission until the start of classes on the 14th of January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Incomparable(f): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2018
Hello everyone, I read the instructions on the second page of the visa interview appointment confirmation slip and discovered 'No applicant would be allowed into the consular premises without the medical fitness certificate'. Is this applicable to all F1 (non-immigrant) applicants too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

The step I know is to watch and pray. If u are clean then why worry? Go home, pack your luggage, prepare to book ur flight and rush to ur babe them house and engage her now now now. You are flying soon. I wish you the best.

Lol..., I am a ''Virgin boy'', no girlfriend.

I am very very clean. All documents legit. Also got more documents today which I wanted to e-mail them but I was advised by friends to hold on. ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE GENUINE!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
alexohams2000:

I am very very clean. All documents legit. Also got more documents today which I wanted to e-mail them but I was advised by friends to hold on. ALL MY DOCUMENTS ARE GENUINE!
Na so

Wishing you the best man. Good news all the way

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 12:08am On Dec 29, 2018
Incomparable:
Hello everyone, I read the instructions on the second page of the visa interview appointment confirmation slip and discovered 'No applicant would be allowed into the consular premises without the medical fitness certificate'. Is this applicable to all F1 (non-immigrant) applicants too?

Are you by any chance a student at all? Read that paragraph where you got the information from. Are you applying for a K-1 visa?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Incomparable(f): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

Are you by any chance a student at all? Read that paragraph where you got the information from. Are you applying for a K-1 visa?

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheGrandChemist(m): 5:37am On Dec 29, 2018
alexohams2000:

And that's good news my Gee. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 7:41am On Dec 29, 2018
alexohams2000:

Don't send additional documents. They may perceive you as being desperate when you ain't... Hold on brother. Good news is coming soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2018
Please has anyone been turned back at the embassy before because of barcodes not matching? please I need your advise here. How did you go about it? Can I still use that same visa application fees to book a fresh appointment? Note: I had earlier scheduled for an appointment in January, saw a date in December and rescheduled (without using the cancel option). Now on the day of the interview this Thursday, I was turned back cos my barcodes didn't match and asked to reschedule my appointment after 3 business working days. Please kindly advise. When do I reschedule/ when will the 3 business days elapse? I was turned back Thursday 27th. Also can I use same visa fee I paid? And am I legible for expedient appointment? last denial was December last year. Dates are fast flying and school reopens 8th but they granted me extension till 14th January.

Also is there an email address I could use to contact the embassy to ask about these? Just in case i don't find an answer here? Time isn't on my side any longer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
Please has anyone been turned back at the embassy before because of barcodes not matching? please I need your advise here. How did you go about it? Can I still use that same visa application fees to book a fresh appointment? Note: I had earlier scheduled for an appointment in January, saw a date in December and rescheduled (without using the cancel option). Now on the day of the interview this Thursday, I was turned back cos my barcodes didn't match and asked to reschedule my appointment after 3 business working days. Please kindly advise. When do I reschedule/ when will the 3 business days elapse? I was turned back Thursday 27th. Also can I use same visa fee I paid? And am I legible for expedient appointment? last denial was December last year. Dates are fast flying and school reopens 8th but they granted me extension till 14th January.

Also is there an email address I could use to contact the embassy to ask about these? Just in case i don't find an answer here? Time isn't on my side any longer.

Did you transfer your SEVIS ID to the new booking?Check the embassy websites you will see days they will not work.I know the embassy also works on Saturday so you can do your calculations from that day.To reschedule you will have to pay another VISA fee.Yeap,you are eligible for expedient appointment subject to being granted by the embassy....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2018
Pefuele:

Did you transfer your SEVIS ID to the new booking?Check the embassy websites you will see days they will not work.I know the embassy also works on Saturday so you can do your calculations from that day.To reschedule you will have to pay another VISA fee.Yeap,you are eligible for expedient appointment subject to being granted by the embassy....

My school sent me an I-20 with the same SEVIS number so there was no need transferring the SEVIS. As for the embassy can you help me with their website where I can see their working days and probably mail them to ask questions too? A lot of links are popping up on Google and gets me confused

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.