Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797477 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
TeeD:

Hahaha. Bee, that's you. grin
wink grin grin congratulations again smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunz001(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:

That's mainly her bias. She was willing to issue me a visa today but she said as a good PhD student, she expects me to get funding from the university as do most applicants. I told her that some faculty members have promised to fund my research starting from Fall semester, she then told me to wait until then or wait for the other university that has put me on admission waitlist. I told her I want to get done with my program as fast as possible and and willing to pay before getting funded by the department. She then asked for my sponsor and I told her my aunts (one has N75m+in fixed deposit plus 2.7m account balance, the other has 9 million on savings account closing balance.). She asked what they do and I told her, she gave one kind of smile (which revealed what she was thinking). She then asked how much I currently earn, which I told her something lower than what I actually make, because I have just started a firm which made me put myself on a lower salary than what I was actually earning when employed in a company It's about 1/4 of my last salary that I pay myself now, when production begins next year it will increase my income tremendously (she would not listen to explanations).
Then bla bla bla, Did you write any exam? I said yes, GRE and TOEFL and my good score. next was Sir, I won't be issuing your visa this time...

Sorry sir...I was also denied today too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by clapper04: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hisvoice:
Quite a while here. Compliment of the season to everyone and good luck to all the Visa applicants.

Any nairalander in CSU Cleveland Ohio who like to show me around? Just came to the town for few days.
Thanks.

Send a pm to sheke01
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunz001(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
Spotlighte:

I am sorry about your rejection sweetie but I think you need to prepare better if you want to give it another go so you can give accurate and confident answers. I hope you get your visa the next time you apply.

Thank you sir. One day I will share my own story to inspire others.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
homirefacuny:

Can you just imagine?
Is it all PhD applicants that gets funding in the USA? Thats totally unacceptable in my opinion. You showed her a good statement and even put up a good explanation to back it and then boom the nonsense blue paper. Na wa for the woman I swear.

It's such a senseless act. I believe I will still get my visa, but the US has to review their visa process, approval should not be subjective in any way. As it were right now, the consular officer can decide not to approve you based on any flimsy excuse, even if you're fully qualified for the visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
It's ok, thanks. Sorry about your delay, soon we'll all rejoice. Don't give up on your good intentions.
tunz001:

Sorry sir...I was also denied today too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
clapper04:

Send a pm to sheke01

Was about suggesting him too. Sheke01 is the best bet, contact him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
Just saw this on FB

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yommy247(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
PEAJEG:
Hello house?
Can one recommend any school for a masters in Agricultural related courses like Agricultural Economics, or any related that do not need TOEFL and GRE? Thanks
Murray state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
tunz001:
Visa delayed today at Lagos consulate ...by one Indian woman like dah...window 7.

Here's my transcript
Why ENMU?
ENMU offers me an integrated and broad courses in computer science. Also the computer science department in the school have a research area that most interest me on network security..with an experience on network security... Den she cuts me
V.o:which oda school did I apply to and the location.
Me: jsu ...at Alabama
V.o:den she asked for the similarities
Me..at this point I bleeped up big time.... I tld her they are both public uni....she den tld me they have a lot of public universities in the uni...den I tld her they both offers me courses on artificial intelligence... I shld have just said that their research and curriculum opportunities are similar...I bleeped up here.
V.o: did I take I take any test
Me: yes..I tld her and the score
V.o: she den ask for my sponsor ...I den tld her my dad...
V.o: what does he do
Me: I tld her
V.o: then she asked like how much does he earn?
Me:..I tld her I dont have an idea about that.
V.o: she then said sorry bla bla sha.

It hurts badly ..

You should have an idea of how much your dad earns.Even,if you don't know you can have a faint idea via the SOA.That's why it is good to check the SOA to have a clue of how much money comes in every month even if the person is not a close relatives...

Besides you applied to the schools probably because they fit your profile,budget or the course synopsis is in line with your interest..The ensuing weather if it is favorable and similar to that of naija could also be a reason.I underestand it is confidence.I also faced similar scenarios...but it is okay to re-fire.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hello, can i reapply with the same I-20 after delay today. MUST I request for another I-20 from the university if there is no significant change expected on the form? Please this is urgent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:
Hello, can i reapply with the same I-20 after delay today. MUST I request for another I-20 from the university if there is no significant change expected on the form? Please this is urgent.
if there isn’t any changes on the I-20, you don’t need to get another one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Keys111: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=Ubah1 post=70211556]
Please where can I file I-130 petition for alien relative form in Nigeria, I don't know if USCIS have an office in Nigeria, if not, how can I file this petition, my wife is a US citizen and wants to file for Green card for me, please it's urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Yes, thanks. I just got it on this page, even though that's not my school the information is still very useful. I am trying to book another interview date now but can't find the link on my profile. Do I have to create another profile or wait until tomorrow?
TheZed:
if there isn’t any changes on the I-20, you don’t need to get another one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hello, can someone help list out what SIMILARITIES BETWEEN TWO SCHOOLS one applied to entails? What are they looking out for? A comprehensive listing will do. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=Keys111 post=74331266][/quote]

The I-130 cannot be filed in Nigeria. It must be filed either through the USCIS Chicago lockbox or through their Phoenix lockbox. http://www.uscis.gov/i-130 has complete instructions.

The I-130 cannot be filed overseas at all except in very exceptional circumstances, such as certain military or medical emergencies.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:
That Asian (Indian) girl at window 7 is not serious at all...She was just dashing people rejection letter. It's purely based on funding that she's rejecting most people. It would appear that she thinks people (Africans) cannot afford to live/pay for school in America without funding from the university.

Can you post your transcript baba. Please don't let this weigh you down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yrey: 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Visa denied today at the lagos consulate. Window 6

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Yrey:

Sh!t.... please share your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rennyvik: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
Yrey:

Am so sorry damn! Can u plz send ur email address or contact...will like to speak with u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Stop reapplying, USA embassies have been shut down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yrey: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
After pleasantries I passed my passport and I 20

VO:Looks at my I 20 and asked why I choose California miramar university

Me:I choose CMU because the curriculum aligns with my career objectives. They have an impressive 13:1 student to faculty ratio. Moreso, because of the Mediterranean climate

VO: How many schools did you apply to

Me: One

VO:Did you take any standardised test?

Me: No

VO:Have you travelled out of the country before

VO: Who is sponsoring you and what does the person do

Me:My aunt. She's the CEO of phoba farms and she's also a civil servant in my state...... Next thing na blue paper
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yrey: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2018

Me:I choose CMU because the curriculum aligns with my career objectives. They have an impressive 13:1 student to faculty ratio. Moreso, because of the Mediterranean climate

VO: Who is sponsoring you and what does the person do(I forgot to state that I have person funds, it's stated on my I 20)

Me:My aunt. She's the CEO of phoba farms and she's also a civil servant in my state...... Next thing na blue paper

My eyes didn't see a single WHITE PAPER today. Its my first attempt. I did nursing in my first degree now going for MBA with concentration in healthcare management .School resumes February 21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
rennyvik:

Am so sorry damn! Can u plz send ur email address or contact...will like to speak with u

Will people that have interviews in couple of days be attended to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
omoobaadeNGR:
Yes, thanks. I just got it on this page, even though that's not my school the information is still very useful. I am trying to book another interview date now but can't find the link on my profile. Do I have to create another profile or wait until tomorrow?
I have never applied for a visa interview, so I can’t tell what you should do. Let those that have gone through the process before reply you. Or maybe you should go through the thread for proper guidance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Trichi1208: 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
Yrey:

VO: Who is sponsoring you and what does the person do(I forgot to state that I have person funds, it's stated on my I 20)

My eyes didn't see a single WHITE PAPER today. Its my first attempt. I did nursing in my first degree now going for MBA with concentration in healthcare management .School resumes February 21

you could have at least said u applied to more than one school to increase ur chances
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
npmi:
Stop reapplying, USA embassies have been shut down.
According to what I read online, it won’t affect visa interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
iseoluwa89:
Good day all, compliments of the season. Please I need help paying for my sevis fee. I have PM @Walspring but yet to get a reply. Please if you have anyone that can help with the payment kindly recommend.

Thanks

PM me if you still need help

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hisvoice:
Quite a while here. Compliment of the season to everyone and good luck to all the Visa applicants.

Any nairalander in CSU Cleveland Ohio who like to show me around? Just came to the town for few days.
Thanks.

Xup, am at your service
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
TheZed:
According to what I read online, it won’t affect visa interview.
Says who, it has been shut down till futher notice, no activities will be carried out there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ok. It seems it's not possible to book now because of the shutdown
TheZed:
I have never applied for a visa interview, so I can’t tell what you should do. Let those that have gone through the process before reply you. Or maybe you should go through the thread for proper guidance.

PS: Seems it's possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
Hello, can someone help list out what SIMILARITIES BETWEEN TWO SCHOOLS one applied to entails? What are they looking out for? A comprehensive listing will do. Thank you.

In my opinion, I think the answer to this question should contain your program based similarities between the schools you applied to. The VO wants to see if your carefully selected and applied to schools with similar program or if you just randomly selected and applied to schools without particular criteria.

For example if you want to do your masters to improve your bioenviromental aspect of your career and you came with an i20 of school X because they have facilities that facilitates this, then it common sense to show tha all the schools you applied to also have this facilities and will improve you in this regard too.

Please don't start mentioning "all the schools are located in small towns", or "all the schools are cheap", or "all the schools have good international students base" and stuffs like this

Disclaimer: This is just my own personal opinion based on what I think should be right. Use your discretion and filter through

I hope this helps you though

Compliments of the season and happy, prosperous 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.