Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796265 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 11:18am On Feb 21, 2019
mrcodebreaker:
Guys. Please can I use my cousin or aunty's in america bank statement to get my i20? While I and my sisters work on building the ones we plan to use for the interview.

The i20 just has self or sponsors as means of funding. Also can that my cousin aslo be used as sponsors in the visa interview.

My cousin in american and works in nigeria. Her job is in the us and still gets paid there.\

What I am trying to say is using my cousin now for i20 and possibly using my sisters for visa. Is that any red flag?

Please please advice.
Firstly, you have to decide whose bank account statement you want to use for the whole process, it is a red flag to use an account for collecting the I-20 and using another account for the Visa interview,it is a discrepancy, how do you plan on defending this? What do you plan on telling the VO on what happened why the person decided not to sponsor you again or why you decided to change your sponsor? Note: The VO's are looking for inconsistencies,pls try not to put yourself in that situation. Except if you have a very convincing reason for the change which still depends on how the VO perceives it. Best advice is be totally sure on the account you want to use before collecting the I-20.

Also, from what i've gathered here, it seems using an American bank account statement has two sides to it. Depending on the kind of VO you get,it might be a sign that might constitute 'lack of home ties' , meaning that you can decide to stay back after studies because you have adequate sponsorship for your welfare beyond your studies, this is not a good sign for F1, but another VO might feel that you have a good source of money to take care of your studies and grant you the Visa but my personal opinion is 'why risk it?'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrcodebreaker: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2019
Happiness67:

Firstly, you have to decide whose bank account statement you want to use for the whole process, it is a red flag to use an account for collecting the I-20 and using another account for the Visa interview,it is a discrepancy, how do you plan on defending this? What do you plan on telling the VO on what happened why the person decided not to sponsor you again or why you decided to change your sponsor? Note: The VO's are looking for inconsistencies,pls try not to put yourself in that situation. Except if you have a very convincing reason for the change which still depends on how the VO perceives it. Best advice is be totally sure on the account you want to use before collecting the I-20.

Also, from what i've gathered here, it seems using an American bank account statement has two sides to it. Depending on the kind of VO you get, it might be a sign that might constitute 'lack of home ties' , meaning that you can decide to stay back after studies because you have adequate sponsorship for your welfare beyond your studies, this is not a good sign for F1, but another VO might feel that you have a good source of money to take care of your studies and grant you the Visa but my personal opinion is 'why risk it?'

Ok bro. Thanks for your feedback. I will stick with family funds from my parents and siblings. So please how can I start building this statement. What figures can be coming in. and how much do you think can be paid in small small. the target is 43k usd which is like 15m up. Asides salary of my siblings how can i build their account gradually. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:54am On Feb 21, 2019
Happiness67:

Also, from what i've gathered here, it seems using an American bank account statement has two sides to it. Depending on the kind of VO you get,it might be a sign that might constitute 'lack of home ties' , meaning that you can decide to stay back after studies because you have adequate sponsorship for your welfare beyond your studies, this is not a good sign for F1, but another VO might feel that you have a good source of money to take care of your studies and grant you the Visa but my personal opinion is 'why risk it?'

Most i20 don't carry name, so there is no way a V.O will know the account statement the person used when collecting his/her i20, so i don't agree with the discrepancy issue you raised. Also he can use his sisters own to collect i20 then go ahead to used his own account statement. There is nothing wrong in it. The only way there will be issue is when the school writes the name of the sponsor on the i20 of which 90% of schools don't do that. Once all the means of sponsorship are genuine, he can use any. Personal account statement of sponsors are well encouraged than business accounts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hello,

Pls, is Roger Williams University a good school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
Time2win:

Most i20 don't carry name, so there is no way a V.O will know the account statement the person used when collecting his/her i20, so i don't agree with the discrepancy issue you raised. Also he can use his sisters own to collect i20 then go ahead to used his own account statement. There is nothing wrong in it. The only way there will be issue is when the school writes the name of the sponsor on the i20 of which 90% of schools don't do that. Once all the means of sponsorship are genuine, he can use any. Personal account statement of sponsors are well encouraged than business accounts.
Hello bro,if you followed his quote well enough,you would have understood what I meant. He said and I quote 'can I use my cousin or aunty in america bank statement to get my i20 while I and my sister work on BUILDING the ONES we plan to use for the interview'...So the question is what if they got another source of fund that is not family related,then how is that not a discrepancy?
He then said 'POSSIBLY' using his sister's bank statement for the interview after building substantially on it in his subsequent post, what if his sister's acc is not available at the time of interview or it has not reached the required amount(43k) as at the time of interview and they have to look for another source outside,won't that result to a discepancy in information provided on I 20 and bank statement presented during interview.
My advice was to inform him to play safe and consider all scenarios,thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2019
Happiness67:

Hello bro,if you followed his quote well enough,you would have understood what I meant. He said and I quote 'can I use my cousin or aunty in america bank statement to get my i20 while I and my sister work on BUILDING the ONES we plan to use for the interview'...So the question is what if they got another source of fund that is not family related,then how is that not a discrepancy?
He then said 'POSSIBLY' using his sister's bank statement for the interview after building substantially on it in his subsequent post, what if his sister's acc is not available at the time of interview or it has not reached the required amount(43k) as at the time of interview and they have to look for another source outside,won't that result to a discepancy in information provided on I 20 and bank statement presented during interview.
My advice was to inform him to play safe and consider all scenarios,thanks.

You are assuming, he hasn't started looking outside.

Family funds includes parent, uncle, aunt, cousins, siblings. Thats what you will see on most i20 aside self sponsor. So everything he is doing is still within family and even if he eventually get another statement of account elsewhere, he can still claim the person to be his uncle/aunt. Your uncle/aunt must not have same surname with you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
Time2win:

You are assuming, he hasn't started looking outside.

Family funds includes parent, uncle, aunt, cousins, siblings. Thats what you will see on most i20 aside self sponsor. So everything he is doing is still within family and even if he eventually get another statement of account elsewhere, he can still claim the person to be his uncle/aunt. Your uncle/aunt must not have same surname with you.
Ok bro, but you are also assuming too, let's not try to derail this thing, let's focus on helping him and pls let's not try to find fault on another person's response to a question,it is not too good, it is like trying to make someone look somehow.Just air your opinions by quoting the question, without highlighting or quoting another person's response.
Love you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Ok bro. Thanks for your feedback. I will stick with family funds from my parents and siblings. So please how can I start building this statement. What figures can be coming in. and how much do you think can be paid in small small. the target is 43k usd which is like 15m up. Asides salary of my siblings how can i build their account gradually. thank you
Bro, 43k no be small something..But everything is possible by God's Grace. The VO's are looking for consistent flow of income into the account. Many questions like how much is the salary that enters into the account of your sister or family member monthly? Is it much? And also know that you have like 5 months towards fall 19 interview,how much can enter within that 5 months? The word is consistency here,A sudden flow or rush of income into the account might be a cause of concern to the V.O.Just try to consider these things and make the best choice of account.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2019
Happiness67:

Ok bro, but you are also assuming too, let's not try to derail this thing, let's focus on helping him and pls let's not try to find fault on another person's response to a question,it is not too good, it is like trying to make someone look somehow.Just air your opinions by quoting the question, without highlighting or quoting another person's response.
Love you bro

Sorry if my reply looks like am trying to find fault. Just wanted to explain the whole scenario to him. All the options he planned to use can work out. He should just make sure everything is legit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2019
Happiness67:

Bro, 43k no be small something..But everything is possible by God's Grace. The VO's are looking for consistent flow of income into the account. Many questions like how much is the salary that enters into the account of your sister or family member monthly? Is it much? And also know that you have like 5 months towards fall 19 interview,how much can enter within that 5 months? The word is consistency here,A sudden flow or rush of income into the account might be a cause of concern to the V.O.Just try to consider these things and make the best choice of account.
Thanks

What about case like if you receive performance bonus from the office and its a lump sum and came into the account once. Will that fly?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by juliuscapps(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2019
Pls I need your input here... My brother who resides in China operates a Domiciliary account here in Nigeria with GT Bank.. We have same surname & I want to use him as my sponsor. I want to know if dollar account will be a red flag to present at the Embassy during interview process..

Thank You!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2019
juliuscapps:
Pls I need your input here... My brother who resides in China operates a Domiciliary account here in Nigeria with GT Bank.. We have same surname & I want to use him as my sponsor. I want to know if dollar account will be a red flag to present at the Embassy during interview process..

Thank You!

It's not a red flag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2019
pragya2017:

What about case like if you receive performance bonus from the office and its a lump sum and came into the account once. Will that fly?

Sure, the company name will show there as sender. So it's not a problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 3:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
@Lagosismyhome, I just sent you a pm now. Pls I really need you to respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2019
Well, I believe it depends on the occupation, A real estate agent get lump sum of money in their account, A lucrative business person get lump sum of money weekly, the occupation you tell the VO doesn’t have to be that of a salary earner. There are occupation that you can say you sister does. In 3 months, you can build up 15m in your Acc without any issues
Happiness67:

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Well, I believe it depends on the occupation, A real estate agent get lump sum of money in their account, A lucrative business person get lump sum of money weekly, the occupation you tell the VO doesn’t have to be that of a salary earner. There are occupation that you can say you sister does. In 3 months, you can build up 15m in your Acc without any issues
Of course bro,well said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please I need someone who can proof read and make necessary corrections to my graduate assistance application statement before submitting it.
Please deadline for submission is near.
I will send it to you pls help assist
@ lagosismyhome, fairhart, ubah1, olalekank, sirriddy, walspring and the gurus pls assist me ooo
Still waiting to get help on this
The deadline is approaching
Pls for Christ sake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Manifoldlove: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
Send it to me at manifoldlove@gmail.com including the GA's stated job description.
Senatorbee:

Pls for Christ sake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2019
Vindica:
Hello house
Please which cheap University can I apply to study msc computer science at newyork that I won't have to write TOEFL or IELTS
Cheap, New York, MSc, No TOEFL in the same sentence.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
Osinachi1:

Cheap, New York, MSc, No TOEFL in the same sentence.

Lol asin ehn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sherlock5577: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
Senatorbee:

Pls for Christ sake
Not sure of your field of specialization, but you could send me a pm. Let me see what I can do for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kekenation(m): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2019
https://www.uopeople.edu very reliable school, Odikwa funding gallant
Vindica:
Hello house
Please which cheap University can I apply to study msc computer science at newyork that I won't have to write TOEFL or IELTS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2019
Happiness67:

It seems Georgia southern university requires Naces Transcript evaluation for international students, does anyone know if this is compulsory? Pls, Is there anyone who has applied to this uni without Transcript evaluation?

Did you later apply?
How did you go about the evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bracha: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hi,
Send it to me at benbracha@yahoo.com

Senatorbee:

Pls for Christ sake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2019
SOJ2019:
Hello,

Pls, is Roger Williams University a good school?

Pls,I need help with this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
ObodoNaija:

Did you later apply?
I later got to know that the evaluation is compulsory, one can use WES evaluation. I am not interested in doing evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Happiness67: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2019
ObodoNaija:

Did you later apply?
Are you interested in the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Send it to me at manifoldlove@gmail.com including the GA's stated job description.
Thanks
Check ur mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2019
mrcodebreaker:

Was this the only school you applied to? If no, try focus on your other schools if the cost is lesser. Also, have funding decisions been made by the program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
juliuscapps:

Thank You!

It is not, you are good to go. Some people prefer to save in foreign currency due to the unstable nature of our naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
Senatorbee:

Pls for Christ sake

I will suggest you also mention your field as some might not want to venture if it is a field they have no idea about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.