Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (797011 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
GboyegaD:

I will suggest you also mention your field as some might not want to venture if it is a field they have no idea about.
Thanks
My field is Criminal Justice
However the GA question is a general question
In which I have answered and written just need proof reading and suggestions before submission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2019
domex007:

My aunty is a Nurse and she went to NJCU ( New jersey City University) for her BSN and presently doing her MSN in St peters University, New jersey.
My cousin's girls friend is also in nursing school and she is presently in bloomfield college, new jersey
A Nursing Intern at my Uncle's clinic is in Hudson county Community College (New Jersey) for his Associate degree

thats 3 nursing school i just dropped. I hope this helps. Good luck
Hi, Domex007. I sent you a PM. Please kindly respond when you get the chance to. Thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2019
BloodyMitch:
Hi, has anyone ever renewed their student visa while on OPT?

Do you already have a job and have started work? If not, just stay here. If so, as advised, you can go the Canada, but with all employment authorization documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
Senatorbee:

Thanks
In which I have answered and written just need proof reading and suggestions before submission

I finally found my "partner" after searchibg for so long. I recently applied for this same program at Northen Arizona Uni.

Unofficial transcript
No Toefl
No Gre
No Wes
$65 Application fees
Partial scholarship ($10,000)

Give it a shot bro.

Forward your SOP to me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
anikemoses:
why are u listing troy univ as part of it?well, let him come here with no SAT and TOEFL if he has the cash and more years to waste with ESL,else ICE is awaiting him..

I got troy admission without toefl in 2015.

inbetween: this ICE guys no dey joke oooo. them carry trump for head grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jamoyakz: 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
Senatorbee:

Thanks
is there prospect of getting a full ride funding or partial in CJ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
mrcodebreaker:
Guys. Please can I use my cousin or aunty's in america bank statement to get my i20? While I and my sisters work on building the ones we plan to use for the interview.

The i20 just has self or sponsors as means of funding. Also can that my cousin aslo be used as sponsors in the visa interview.

My cousin in american and works in nigeria. Her job is in the us and still gets paid there.\

What I am trying to say is using my cousin now for i20 and possibly using my sisters for visa. Is that any red flag?

Please please advice.

If your i-20 reads family funds then you are fine But if your i-20 reads a different thing from your DS160 then in Spartacus's words: "you and your VO will break words"..... grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:01am On Feb 22, 2019
Alright. You know how to reach me. I will go through it tomorrow and edit it for you.
Senatorbee:

Still waiting to get help on this
The deadline is approaching
Pls for Christ sake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2019
Forget it. Look for other schools.
SOJ2019:

Pls,I need help with this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:04am On Feb 22, 2019
Nice program. Did you get someone proofread it for you?
Senatorbee:

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 12:38am On Feb 22, 2019
Senatorbee:

Thanks

Ok. Not sure I will be in school tomorrow however, if Monday is not too late, then you can send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 2:15am On Feb 22, 2019
Nad95:

Hi, Domex007. I sent you a PM. Please kindly respond when you get the chance to. Thanks..

wink wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shayhune: 2:23am On Feb 22, 2019
seunnuga:
Hello house, please do I need to liquidate my Stanbic mutual funds before using it as a POF OR I can just get a letter from the bank stating i have access to the funds anytime i need it...

If it happens I have to liquidate, does that have to be 6 months before I apply for the visa?

Thanks in advance.
If that fund would be needed as a proof of funding for whatever school you're admitted to, then you would need to liquidate it.

However, if you need it as a proof/source of funding when going for your visa interview, then you need to liquidate it few months (1 -2) before your interview.

By the way, this name sounds familiar. Did you attend Unilag (class of 2013/2014)? wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by juliuscapps(m): 3:08am On Feb 22, 2019
GboyegaD:

It is not, you are good to go. Some people prefer to save in foreign currency due to the unstable nature of our naira.

Exactly bro, that's what he decided to do! Thanks for your input only that the lump sum of the money indicates February only, I mean the statement shows all money in it was deposited in February alone..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:28am On Feb 22, 2019
juliuscapps:

Exactly bro, that's what he decided to do! Thanks for your input only that the lump sum of the money indicates February only, I mean the statement shows all money in it was deposited in February alone..

That will likely call for concern. One thing you could do is to get him to save more monthly or you could add your own money to it as savings monthly so as to build history before your interview period.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by anikemoses(m): 5:01am On Feb 22, 2019
domex007:

I got troy admission without toefl in 2015.

inbetween: this ICE guys no dey joke oooo. them carry trump for head grin grin grin
i graduated from troy 2017, as an Exco of African students,current News about ICE in collaboration with ISOs isn’t a joke..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2019
jamoyakz:
is there prospect of getting a full ride funding or partial in CJ?
Am optimistic for a full ride
Cos am not an. O.B.O
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 7:12am On Feb 22, 2019
GboyegaD:

Ok. Not sure I will be in school tomorrow however, if Monday is not too late, then you can send me a PM.
sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by seunnuga: 7:40am On Feb 22, 2019
shayhune:

If that fund would be needed as a proof of funding for whatever school you're admitted to, then you would need to liquidate it.

However, if you need it as a proof/source of funding when going for your visa interview, then you need to liquidate it few months (1 -2) before your interview.

By the way, this name sounds familiar. Did you attend Unilag (class of 2013/2014)? wink

Yes, I did. Let me PM u.
Thanks for the info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 8:36am On Feb 22, 2019
Senatorbee,I sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2019
SOJ2019:
Senatorbee,I sent you a PM
Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chiezzh: 10:00am On Feb 22, 2019
ANY ETSU APPLICANT HERE FOR FALL 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2019
domex007:

wink wink
Hi, bro. I have replied you. Kindly check. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
I hope to apply there for. I want to reach out first to know if they still have funding.
Chiezzh:
ANY ETSU APPLICANT HERE FOR FALL 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hi friends...
I got an email from one of the schools I applied for masters that the Masters director of the course I want to study want to have a video interview with me next week to know more about me and my goal. Please what should I expect in this interview?
And how should I prepare for this video chat interview?
Can I ask the man that will interview me about funding and scholarship?
I am waiting for response from you guys because I am a novice in this aspect.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
JoeBazz:
Hi friends...
I got an email from one of the schools I applied for masters that the Masters director of the course I want to study want to have a video interview with me next week to know more about me and my goal. Please what should I expect in this interview?
And how should I prepare for this video chat interview?
Can I ask the man that will interview me about funding and scholarship?
I am waiting for response from you guys because I am a novice in this aspect.
Thanks.

I guess this is yeshiva university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Yes
Time2win:

I guess this is yeshiva university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
JoeBazz:
Yes

I think you applied to a different program that's outside your first degree, reason why they want to know you and your career plans. They might likely give you conditional admission and give you some EDX courses to study and pass, then u get certification in it and submit to them. If accepted, they have 500$ compulsory fee to pay in order to accept your admission. Their scholarship doesn't pass 5000$ most times. Well the interview is friendly chat, they want to know you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pragya2017: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
Is there anyone currently studying in University of Iowa or Just got admitted. i need to clarify some things.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
Is it that I will pay $500 before getting the admission?
Time2win:

I think you applied to a different program that's outside your first degree, reason why they want to know you and your career plans. They might likely give you conditional admission and give you some EDX courses to study and pass, then u get certification in it and submit to them. If accepted, they have 500$ compulsory fee to pay in order to accept your admission. Their scholarship doesn't pass 5000$ most times. Well the interview is friendly chat, they want to know you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
JoeBazz:
Is it that I will pay $500 before getting the admission?

No, after getting the admission, you pay 500$ to accept it. They call it deposit fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.