Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795851 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 7:57am On Apr 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Long time... trust you been well and keeping out of trouble smiley Cheers
wink smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2019
Alliu123:
Hi everyone,
Pls I need help oooo, my interview is on the 7th of June.
I’m new here, can anyone pls help me
What exactly can we do for you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2019
I can't thank you enough, merci beaucoup.
groovychik:
You are a breath of fresh air. May the Universe align in your favour and best of luck in your interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2019
Send message for mock. Let's see what you got.
Juzzywezzy:
Good day house my interview is coming up soon
Please I’ll need a mock interview, gurus please!

Texrem, fairheart baba, shawarma queen!
I appreciate any help no matter how little!

God bless everyone�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:54am On Apr 30, 2019
I am back now. Look forward to the essay question before Friday
visiFisiMisi1:

Hello @Fairheart... I'm looking forward for the topic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:57am On Apr 30, 2019
Based on experience of one of my students who changed her sponsor and still got her visa, you can change your sponsor.
Mkabir243:
Hello Good afternoon,
Please I need an answer to this question,
I went interview for student visa twice last year and I was denied, I used my father as a sponsor last year and I’m thinking of changing my sponsor to my Uncle. Please would that be possible? And will that sound convincing to the vo without any doubt or questions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
I am back now. Look forward to the essay question before Friday
Okay sir Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:58am On Apr 30, 2019
lols. You are really fun.
sharwama:
Hey fada!
Who am I that thou should mention my name amongst gods? Me that has never been to the embassy(my interview is imminent shaaa)
Texrem has probably gone to the inner sanctum to prepare for times like this, so please send a message.
Fair heart is the master, send a message.When you knock properly, he opens.
I also want you to know that "gurus" are busy, you have to be persistent with your request so they can "squeeze" you into their schedule.
Go to the mountain my friend, it would probably not come to you.
May the force be with you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2019
However, you need to know what you are doing. If you are removing your Dad as the sponsor, who will pay the tuition and fees? Were you offered scholarship?
Mkabir243:
Hello Good afternoon,
Please I need an answer to this question,
I went interview for student visa twice last year and I was denied, I used my father as a sponsor last year and I’m thinking of changing my sponsor to my Uncle. Please would that be possible? And will that sound convincing to the vo without any doubt or questions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Alliu123(f): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2019
I need someone who can assist to me prepare well
100kobo:
What exactly can we do for you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2019
SUCCESSFUL VISA INTERVIEW NUGGET ONE:

The Bible says "it is sin unto him that knows how to do good but refuse to do it." Well, let me do a little good today cheesy

NOTE THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!

1. YOUR I-20
The first thing you need for a successful visa interview is an I-20 that is not contradicting your status as a Nigerian student. It is a mistake to use an i-20 that says you will take ESL program upon arrival on campus. This literally makes the VO see you as not eligible. Be sure to check that the REMARKS section of your i-20 does not carry messages that may cause you issue or complicate your chance of approval during the interview. Remarks concerning orientation, health insurance, etc, are fine.

2. THE COST OF YOUR PROGRAM
American education is very expensive. Whoever tells you otherwise is lying. It is so expensive that many Americans take loan to study, and most still don't clear the student loan 5 or more years after graduation and well into their career. So, always make sure your school is affordable. If you are going to a $40,000+ school, please make sure you secure scholarship or GA to cut down the cost. A $50+ school (without at least 30% scholarship) MAY attract a visa refusal. It is the new normal, and I have about 3 students who were refused based on this between December and last week Thursday (these guys have selected the school and pay sevis on the i-20 before they contact me) Convert $45000 to Naira and see how much it cost. Please note this!

I recommend school with program its cost is not more than $35, 000 for masters, and $40, 000 for undergraduate. For Masters, if your program cost is $20, 000 to $25, 000, this is very ideal, even if no scholarship or GA is offered. But if you secure a scholarship on this, it is a bonus. Don't ever take $50K or more in loan to study a masters. It is easy to take loan than to repay it. So, when I read some persons here suggesting that taking heavy loan to finance is a master is worth it, it's an opinion reality laughs at. Make your decision well according to your career goals and sponsor purse. Don't do "everybody dey do am, make I do am, too." GO TO AFFORDABLE SCHOOL. I repeat that, GO TO AFFORDABLE SCHOOL! That a school is expensive does not mean they offer anything better than low-cost institution. What you get from your masters or undergraduate experience in the US is determined by YOU. It's why we have seen children from poor background trashing students from Ivy League schools in competition.

3. YOUR DSFORM
Fill it according to the best of your knowledge. Take your time as long as you may need. No need to rush. I have said it on this thread before that the DSFORM IS THE SECOND WINDOW THROUGH WHICH THE VO ASSESS YOUR ELIGIGIBILITY FOR F1 VISA, just second to your response to interview questions. Therefore, you must know everything you fill in there; if you are inexperience, seek the guidance of someone who understand the process. If you must use an agent, make sure you are there with them when they fill the form. Don't let anyone fill it behind you, especially when you don't know what every detail of information submitted on your behalf.

As you fill the form, use the information on your i-20 accurately. Then before you submit, review over and over. Insert educational information well, according to how you had them. If you are working, insert your employment information, and make sure you indicate your Salary as applied. Consider that if you are presenting your own statement of account, your salary (as stated on the DSFORM) should be harmonious with your inflow or balance. If million dey enter your account but you say your salary is 200k per month, VO may ask where you get the money from. If your response is shallow, you may attract a refusal (though vary by VO).

4. USE A WELL-FUNDED SPONSOR
The system used to assess F1 applicants were intact until early early 2018, when the embassy started taking down bank statement to verify not just the balance, but also go through transaction inflow and outflow. They not only compare the account statement taken from you after a successful visa interview (if they take it (sometimes, some VO don't care)) with the one in your bank system but they also check for heavy dump of money. So, I now recommend that your sponsor should have a statement its total credit is far bigger than the balance (within the 6 months period) If you're paying part of the fund, use the account your income come to. Please avoid "packaged statement of account"; the thing no dey fly again. 10 year ban fit break your heart for a long time grin grin.

LET ME STOP HERE FOR NOW. I WILL POST THE REST ON PREPARING FOR A SUCCESSFUL F1 INTERVIEW AS THE SPIRIT LEADS SOON grin

NOTE: I AM NOT A US EMBASSY VISA CONSULAR. I'M JUST ADVISING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, OF THOSE SHARED WITH ME FROM MY STUDENTS AND THOSE I KNOW THEIR SUCCESS STORY. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF IT, ASK QUESTION, OR GENTLY SHARE YOUR OPINION.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
SUCCESSFUL VISA INTERVIEW NUGGET ONE:

The Bible says "it is sin unto him that knows how to do good but refuse to do it." Well, let me do a little good today cheesy

NOTE THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!

1. YOUR I-20
The first thing you need for a successful visa interview is an I-20 that is not contradicting your status as a Nigerian student. It is a mistake to use an i-20 that says you will take ESL program upon arrival on campus. This literally makes the VO see you as not eligible. Be sure to check that the REMARKS section of your i-20 does not carry messages that may cause you issue or complicate your chance of approval during the interview. Remarks concerning orientation, health insurance, etc, are fine.

2. THE COST OF YOUR PROGRAM
American education is very expensive. Whoever tells you otherwise is lying. It is so expensive that many Americans take loan to study, and most still don't clear the student loan 5 or more years after graduation and well into their career. So, always make sure your school is affordable. If you are going to a $40,000+ school, please make sure you secure scholarship or GA to cut down the cost. A $50+ school (without at least 30% scholarship) MAY attract a visa refusal. It is the new normal, and I have about 3 students who were refused based on this between December and last week Thursday (these guys have selected the school and pay sevis on the i-20 before they contact me) Convert $45000 to Naira and see how much it cost. Please note this!

I recommend school with program its cost is not more than $35, 000 for masters, and $40, 000 for undergraduate. For Masters, if your program cost is $20, 000 to $25, 000, this is very ideal, even if no scholarship or GA is offered. But if you secure a scholarship on this, it is a bonus. Don't ever take $50K or more in loan to study a masters. It is easy to take loan than to repay it. So, when I read some persons here suggesting that taking heavy loan to finance is a master is worth it, it's an opinion reality laughs at. Make your decision well according to your career goals and sponsor purse. Don't do "everybody dey do am, make I do am, too." GO TO AFFORDABLE SCHOOL. I repeat that, GO TO AFFORDABLE SCHOOL! That a school is expensive does not mean they offer anything better than low-cost institution. What you get from your masters or undergraduate experience in the US is determined by YOU. It's why we have seen children from poor background trashing students from Ivy League schools in competition.

3. YOUR DSFORM
Fill it according to the best of your knowledge. Take your time as long as you may need. No need to rush. I have said it on this thread before that the DSFORM IS THE SECOND WINDOW THROUGH WHICH THE VO ASSESS YOUR ELIGIGIBILITY FOR F1 VISA, just second to your response to interview questions. Therefore, you must know everything you fill in there; if you are inexperience, seek the guidance of someone who understand the process. If you must use an agent, make sure you are there with them when they fill the form. Don't let anyone fill it behind you, especially when you don't know what every detail of information submitted on your behalf.

As you fill the form, use the information on your i-20 accurately. Then before you submit, review over and over. Insert educational information well, according to how you had them. If you are working, insert your employment information, and make sure you indicate your Salary as applied. Consider that if you are presenting your own statement of account, your salary (as stated on the DSFORM) should be harmonious with your inflow or balance. If million dey enter your account but you say your salary is 200k per month, VO may ask where you get the money from. If your response is shallow, you may attract a refusal (though vary by VO).

4. USE A WELL-FUNDED SPONSOR
The system used to assess F1 applicants were intact until early early 2018, when the embassy started taking down bank statement to verify not just the balance, but also go through transaction inflow and outflow. They not only compare the account statement taken from you after a successful visa interview (if they take it (sometimes, some VO don't care)) with the one in your bank system but they also check for heavy dump of money. So, I now recommend that your sponsor should have a statement its total credit is far bigger than the balance (within the 6 months period) If you're paying part of the fund, use the account your income come to. Please avoid "packaged statement of account"; the thing no dey fly again. 10 year ban fit break your heart for a long time grin grin.

LET ME STOP HERE FOR NOW. I WILL POST THE REST ON PREPARING FOR A SUCCESSFUL F1 INTERVIEW AS THE SPIRIT LEADS SOON grin

NOTE: I AM NOT A US EMBASSY VISA CONSULAR. I'M JUST ADVISING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, OF THOSE SHARED WITH ME FROM MY STUDENTS AND THOSE I KNOW THEIR SUCCESS STORY. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY PART OF IT, ASK QUESTION, OR GENTLY SHARE YOUR OPINION.
Thanks for this piece
@ bolded, don't a statement of account with total credit far greater than opening balance show huge dumps of money

An account having an amount of 7m credited last 6 months(say Nov), average amount of money entering the account on a monthly basis is around 300-400k

The 7m credited six month ago is it a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2019
No, I said total credit should be bigger than closing balance. This shows the sponsor have constant income and can pay. For the instance you share, it is fine. As long as the the income is consistent and not just once or twice, it is fine. 6 months period is long enough for 7m to build up. It can't been seen as large dumps.
mhizposh:

Thanks for this piece
@ bolded, don't a statement of account with total credit far greater than opening balance show huge dumps of money

An account having an amount of 7m credited last 6 months(say Nov), average amount of money entering the account on a monthly basis is around 300-400k

The 7m credited six month ago is it a red flag?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
No, I said total credit should be bigger than closing balance. This shows the sponsor have constant income and can pay. For the instance you share, it is fine. As long as the the income is consistent and not just once or twice, it is fine. 6 months period is long enough for 7m to build up. It can't been seen as large dumps.

Alright thanks
I have already asked my sponsor to tell the bank to remove the date the 7m deposit was made

Is this a wrong move?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:37am On Apr 30, 2019
It is like you don't understand me. Why would you tell your sponsor to do that? Did he build the account for the purpose of visa? I did not say your statement is bad or can't be used. Kindly read my post again and understand it. A sponsor statement should have money coming in from time to time, and it could be huge or small. Now, this is what could go wrong: It may be seen by the embassy as "manipulation" if, for example, your sponsor income were 500K, 700K, 1M, etc on monthly or weekly basis for the past 4-5 months, and then a month or few weeks to interview, 7 million were deposit there. So, when you look at the transaction for the past 5 months, you could not see any deposit as huge as this, then it could be seen as intentional. HOWEVER, this is my view. Do what is best for you!

Wish you best.
mhizposh:

Alright thanks
I have already asked my sponsor to tell the bank to remove the date the 7m deposit was made

Is this a wrong move?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
It is like you don't understand me. Why would you tell your sponsor to do that? Did he build the account for the purpose of visa? I did not say your statement is bad or can't be used. Kindly read my post again and understand it. A sponsor statement should have money coming in from time to time, and it could be huge or small. Now, this is what could go wrong: It may be seen by the embassy as "manipulation" if, for example, your sponsor income were 500K, 700K, 1M, etc on monthly or weekly basis for the past 4-5 months, and then a month or few weeks to interview, 7 million were deposit there. So, when you look at the transaction for the past 5 months, you could not see any deposit as huge as this, then it could be seen as intentional. HOWEVER, this is my view. Do what is best for you!

Wish you best.
Pls is it ideal to go for interview with a bank statement of 9.4 millions
And the total fee on the I-20 is $22,900
Pls note it's an uncle business account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
Please, is it compulsory for a Sponsor Letter (addressed to the school) from an older brother to be taken to court (to be signed or stamped) or have any legal attachment to it?

Or is it just a letter written and signed by the sponsor?

Anyone should kindly enlighten me on this.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
mhizposh:

Alright thanks

Is this a wrong move?

Can a bank do that ? .... isnt an authentic bank statement suppose to show accurate incoming and outgoing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
$22, 900 = N8.1M. That has almost taken the whole money.
What is the total credit for the 6 months period??
The thing is, nobody can say exactly how the VO will see a statement like this.

Senatorbee:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
Just a letter written and signed by the sponsor. Except the school specifically ask for legal notarization
meem:
Please, is it compulsory for a Sponsor Letter (addressed to the school) from an older brother to be taken to court (to be signed or stamped) or have any legal attachment to it?

Or is it just a letter written and signed by the sponsor?

Anyone should kindly enlighten me on this.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
$22, 900 = N8.1M. That has almost taken the whole money.
What is the total credit for the 6 months period??
The thing is, nobody can say exactly how the VO will see a statement like this.

total credit for the period of 6 months is 11.8 million
Total debit for the of 6 months is 10.8 millions
Closing balance is 9.4 millions
Please how fit is the statement of account
Can it go through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
Senatorbee:

This is university of new haven balance after 50% scholarship. wink

Bank statement of 9.4m is okay but too small considering you are using an uncle and it's a business account. Will he empty his account just cos of you and why will he do that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Graduate assistants must be in appointment status on the following dates to receive the full tuition exemption and/or non-resident fee waiver: March 1st for spring, July 1st for summer, and October 1st for fall.

Please I need an explanation to the above statement...does this mean I will pay first year tuition because I have to enroll before October 1st....
Will they gimme the money back
Or I don't even have to pay at all?...help abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Can a bank do that ? .... isnt an authentic bank statement suppose to show accurate incoming and outgoing
What I meant is that the said amount of money(huge lump) was deposited on 26th November
I wanted him to print his SOA from 28th November so that the transaction will not reflect ,if I do that the total credit will be less than the closing balance

The whole huge lump sum and total credit being less than closing balance is the Issue here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
Just a letter written and signed by the sponsor. Except the school specifically ask for legal notarization

Thanks.

Must the letter be written?

Can it also be typed and printed, then later signed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by denniece1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
I have a question o.
My Aunt is acting as my sponsor, she has a company and would be using the company's statement of account with good inflow.
What other documents am i supposed to add?, CAC?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
denniece1:
I have a question o.
My Aunt is acting as my sponsor, she has a company and would be using the company's statement of account with good inflow.
What other documents am i supposed to add?, CAC?

Why not use her personal account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Pls my school said they can only accept personal statement of account and all I have is my sponsor business account.
Pls what can I do
They don't want to issue my I-20
Pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
Must a Sponsor Letter be written?

Can it also be typed and printed, then signed by the sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
Senatorbee:
Pls my school said they can only accept personal statement of account and all I have is my sponsor business account.
Pls what can I do
They don't want to issue my I-20
Pls help

What help do you need? Look for what they want

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Okay. Not that bad. Go ahead and put everything in God's hand.
Senatorbee:
total credit for the period of 6 months is 11.8 million
Total debit for the of 6 months is 10.8 millions
Closing balance is 9.4 millions
Please how fit is the statement of account
Can it go through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
shocked What is written is typed. He type it, print and sign it.
meem:

Thanks.

Must the letter be written?

Can it also be typed and printed, then later signed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.