Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795442 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations Queen, let's go get that visa grin grin grin

misstemi2:
I was able to pay my sevis fee and it reflected within 24hours all thanks to @Walspring.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
Read to understand! There is no where I said company account cannot be used.
tactmayor:

So one cannot use company account again!!... na wa o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
Tell him to write it and I can proofread from my end here for you guys to see what could be added.
meem:

Thanks for your earlier input.

Please, what are the important points that should be in a Sponsor Letter (from an older brother).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
Time2win has answered your question. Good luck
Time2win:

Depositing huge amount of money just for visa purpose is hugely frowned at. If the business account is all you got, use it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KeLcHeE(m): 10:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sosao:
Which school? Am facing same issue right now

GSU, not Morgan State undecided

Still awaiting responses from the house. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by smoothblaise(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
KeLcHeE:

were you admitted into MSIT at GSU?
cos I got the same mail
he told me GAships were being reviewed last week and would be awarded this week keeping fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
Tell him to write it and I can proofread from my end here for you guys to see what could be added.

Okay.

I'm the one to write it due to his busy state. I will do that and send to your email tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Juzzywezzy(m): 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:

Boss I sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sosao(f): 11:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
Okay thanks
KeLcHeE:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abid4akin(m): 2:34am On May 01, 2019
Hi everyone, y'all welcome to review my case, your inputs are needed and would be duly appreciated.

My SEVIS is still valid for usage - within 365 days. However, I'll be using it for a different school - not the same school I used it for last year - am I just gonna use it that way?
I really wanna get this straight

OR

will I need to transfer ID?
tell me how to go about it.

Thanks
Akin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Superbrain(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2019
abid4akin:
Hi everyone, y'all welcome to review my case, your inputs are needed and would be duly appreciated.

My SEVIS is still valid for usage - within 365 days. However, I'll be using it for a different school - not the same school I used it for last year - am I just gonna use it that way?
I really wanna get this straight

OR

will I need to transfer ID?
tell me how to go about it.

Thanks
Akin

Hi Akin, you most likely will get a new SEVIS ID and School Code from the new school. Your SEVIS fee payment is still valid, however you will need to transfer the payment to the new SEVIS ID. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.fmjfee.com and click on "CHECK I-901 STATUS".
2. Fill in your old SEVIS ID, Last Name and Date of Birth. You will be directed to the Payment Status Page.
3. On the Payment Status Page, Click on "Request Transfer". You will be asked to provide your New SEVIS ID and New School Code.
4. Provide the new SEVIS ID and School Code. Submit your request.

DHS will process the request and you will receive a notification if approved. It typically takes 1-2 business days.

Hope this helps.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 7:45am On May 01, 2019
Happy New Month Everyone. I wish everyone going for their interview this month VISA APPROVAL

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abid4akin(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2019
Superbrain:

Hi Akin, you most likely will get a new SEVIS ID and School Code from the new school. Your SEVIS fee payment is still valid, however you will need to transfer the payment to the new SEVIS ID. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.fmjfee.com and click on "CHECK I-901 STATUS".
2. Fill in your old SEVIS ID, Last Name and Date of Birth. You will be directed to the Payment Status Page.
3. On the Payment Status Page, Click on "Request Transfer". You will be asked to provide your New SEVIS ID and New School Code.
4. Provide the new SEVIS ID and School Code. Submit your request.

DHS will process the request and you will receive a notification if approved. It typically takes 1-2 business days.

Hope this helps.

Wooh! Thanks so much Superbrain. This will definitely help. �

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shogunley: 8:04am On May 01, 2019
Good morning to you all....I have just gained PhD admission to New Mexico University with partial scholarship. My uncle lives and works in USA and I used his statement of account (SOA) in obtaining I-20. Can I still use the same SOA for Visa interview? Hope using it will not lead to denial since I will say I have relative in US.

Please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lalavita: 8:23am On May 01, 2019
Thank you ��

TheZed:
Happy New Month Everyone. I wish everyone going for their interview this month VISA APPROVAL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2019
I think I replied, or I am yet to see your message
Juzzywezzy:

Boss I sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by senny4ril2424(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2019
shogunley:
Good morning to you all....I have just gained PhD admission to New Mexico University with partial scholarship. My uncle lives and works in USA and I used his statement of account (SOA) in obtaining I-20. Can I still use the same SOA for Visa interview? Hope using it will not lead to denial since I will say I have relative in US.

Please help
Since u are using ur uncle's account in US ,its normal for u to indicate that u have relative in US. But you need to provide answers to these questions like how did your uncle get to the US? When did he get to the US ? What does he do? What's his family Size?
I hope your uncle did not enter the US through non-immigrant visa but it might be a signal if you are given the opportunity as well you will not return as your uncle.. Though God is so merciful, all what I said above the VO may not even ask u.. The above statement is my opinion and should not be misconstrued

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2019
fairheart:

I've sent the email.

Please let me know if there's any modification to be made.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Omotomi05: 9:37am On May 01, 2019
Good morning
Kudos to everyone making this thread function. I will love to be guided and examined(mock interview) as I'm planning to go for my interview this month.

Please any help will be appreciated
Gurus in the house @lagosismyhome, @fairheart, @shawarma and others your input will be appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2019
misstemi2:
I was able to pay my sevis fee and it reflected within 24hours all thanks to @Walspring.
please as regard this sevis fee, d link my school gave me is not opening.. Please anybody, i was wondering if i could just use the website directly instead of the link the school gave me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by allahurahmon: 9:49am On May 01, 2019
As a nurse
name: Quadri Abdulrahmon Taiwo
Qualification: Nursing Science (Diploma) , BNSC in view

What is the requirement to apply for medicine in US universities.
I will really appreciate ur kind gesture.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:26am On May 01, 2019
allahurahmon:
As a nurse
name: Quadri Abdulrahmon Taiwo
Qualification: Nursing Science (Diploma) , BNSC in view

What is the requirement to apply for medicine in US universities.
I will really appreciate ur kind gesture.

Hi Quadri,

Before you can get into a Med School in the US, you have to be on a Pre-Med track and to say the least, that is a very expensive investment.
Even with your BNSC, you can't easily get into a GOOD MSN program cos most of these programs requires you to have a RN license. However, to get past the hassle of getting a visa, you need to show progression and consistency. You need to get on a graduate program that aligns with nursing and after then, you can apply to Med School.

Getting admitted into Med School from Nigeria is what I strongly doubt.

I hope you find light in the jargon I scrabbled up there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2019
Hello,

Is there anyone who applied to Alcorn State University for Fall 2019 ?

Undergraduate preferably.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 12:45pm On May 01, 2019
KeLcHeE:
So graduate coordinator sends out an email asking if one would be joining the program come Fall 2019 (more like a broadcast email to all students admitted to the program). Meanwhile, attending the school is solely dependent on obtaining a GA or some form of funding at least. What is the best reply to give the grad cord in this situation?

P. S. Assistantship application has been duely submitted well over a month ago. Grad cord is aware, and when confronted on the GA award timeline sometime ago, all he said was "you will be notified if GA is awarded".

Well, I guess u don't have a choice than reply you will be attending. But imply that you are looking forward to d funding so they don't assume u don't need d money.

My feeling is that lots of these schools, their default answer to funding is NO. They play d waiting game n allow those who can cough out d money to pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Addy9: 12:51pm On May 01, 2019
Good afternoon everyone, please i want to know if @walspring still help people pay their Sevis fee cos he didn’t reply my mail the last time I sent him one. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 12:52pm On May 01, 2019
Sosao:
Which school? Am facing same issue right now

I know d school asks for extensive financial information during the admission process, so, u will naturally expect them not to be forward with funding since u have indicated u got money when applying.

The fine-print on their application says that Masters students with GA will be given some stipends (not alot) but will pay out of state tuition. PhD students r however, fully covered if they secure a GA. Did u make all these calculations during your application?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 1:04pm On May 01, 2019
Information reaching us says Walspring paid for someone yesterday, so yeah he still does. Texrem is a good plan B if you are ready to pay as well. These humans are busy, you might have to send a follow-up mail grin grin grin
Please let me know if you require additional information.

Addy9:
Good afternoon everyone, please i want to know if @walspring still help people pay their Sevis fee cos he didn’t reply my mail the last time I sent him one. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 1:08pm On May 01, 2019
Addy9:

I didn’t get your email and every email i got I replied then ASAP.

Check your junk to see my reply maybe it’s there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 1:09pm On May 01, 2019
tboy47:
please as regard this sevis fee, d link my school gave me is not opening.. Please anybody, i was wondering if i could just use the website directly instead of the link the school gave me

The website to register for coupon payment code and to also verify your sevis payment us www.fmjfee.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 1:11pm On May 01, 2019
shogunley:

Please help

You can use it or use your parent own too but be ready to the VO why your uncle is sponsoring and also if you uncle get clean record so no cause for alarm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Addy9: 1:12pm On May 01, 2019
Walspring:

I didn’t get your email and every email i got I replied then ASAP.

Check your junk to see my reply maybe it’s there.
Ok, I’ll mail you now

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.