Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795797 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
Bad idea. If she's using company account, tell her to add her personal to it. If you are using company acct, whose name will you write on the DSFORM as the sponsor? The company name? Think!
denniece1:
I have a question o.
My Aunt is acting as my sponsor, she has a company and would be using the company's statement of account with good inflow.
What other documents am i supposed to add?, CAC?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
November is not recent. So, you are fine.
mhizposh:

What I meant is that the said amount of money(huge lump) was deposited on 26th November
I wanted him to print his SOA from 28th November so that the transaction will not reflect ,if I do that the total credit will be less than the closing balance

The whole huge lump sum and total credit being less than closing balance is the Issue here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
Bad idea. If she's using company account, tell her to add her personal to it. If you are using company acct, whose name will you write on the DSFORM as the sponsor? The company name? Think!

As for DS 160 form, there is a place to use company as sponsor. She can choose that if she wants to but personal account is always the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Kendrix69:
Graduate assistants must be in appointment status on the following dates to receive the full tuition exemption and/or non-resident fee waiver: March 1st for spring, July 1st for summer, and October 1st for fall.

Please I need an explanation to the above statement...does this mean I will pay first year tuition because I have to enroll before October 1st....
Will they gimme the money back
Or I don't even have to pay at all?...help abeg

To the best of my KNOWLEDGE, the school want all selected GA applicants to be on campus by either of those dates (you know which one applies to you) and should sign all appointment/employment documents before you can receive the tuition benefits. I stand to be corrected however.

If I'm right on that note, you need to tell them to make sure the GA benefits are evident on your I-20 (provided you didn't get that mail from the International Admissions Office) or better still if they won't do that, print the appointment letter that you received when you're selected and use for your interview.

Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
I know he can use company, but if he do that, her sponsor as he will write on the dsform will not be aunt but company name. If you write a company name as sponsor, you will have to say it is the company sponsoring you during interview. If he say it is aunt but company name is what the VO is seeing on the dsform, don't you think that will make the consular think he doesn't know what he's doing or saying?

The idea is to present himself as simple, accurate as possible, to make it easy for himself.

Time2win:

As for DS 160 form, there is a place to use company as sponsor. She can choose that if she wants to but personal account is always the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
shocked What is written is typed. He type it, print and sign it.

Don't mind me.

My thoughts are on handwritten.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
I know he can use company, but if he do that, her sponsor as he will write on the dsform will not be aunt but company name. If you write a company name as sponsor, you will have to say it is the company sponsoring you during interview. If he say it is aunt but company name is what the VO is seeing on the dsform, don't you think that will make the consular think he doesn't know what he's doing or saying?

The idea is to present himself as simple, accurate as possible, to make it easy for himself.

Okay, i get you now. Though we have single man business account, not necessarily a company.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
If the GA has been offered, you must remain in the appointment position on the date stated, or else, the benefits will not be renewed. If it has not been offered yet, you must have been appointment by these dates to receive the benefits. It doesn't say anything about paying your first year tuition. What is important is to secure your visa and be on campus by October 1. God forbid, should there be any delay, this school may [/b]not renew the GA if you defer your admission.

Kendrix69:
[b]Graduate assistants must be in appointment status

This say about the renewal. on the following dates to receive the full tuition exemption and/or non-resident fee waiver: March 1st for spring, July 1st for summer, and October 1st for fall.

Please I need an explanation to the above statement...does this mean I will pay first year tuition because I have to enroll before October 1st....
Will they gimme the money back
Or I don't even have to pay at all?...help abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
lols. business account must have been openned in the company/business name. Or is it in someone's name?
Time2win:

Okay, i get you now. Though we have single man business account, not necessarily a company.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
lols. business account must have been openned in the company account. Or is it in someone's name?

A business and a company are different thing. A company requires two or more directors to open it while a business just requires one person. If she meant her aunt's business account, she can actually use her aunt as sponsor and when the V.O ask, she will say her aunt is sponsoring her and she has her business account. A company name has Ltd at the end of the name while a business name won't have Ltd at the end of the name.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mslynxx: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
Olalekank:

Can you be more explicit?

You mean you want to use another age different from what's on your Intl passport?
planing to do it on my international passport. Though my waec result has my age written body so I was thinking if it's a risk on my part since I want to go on a student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
It is like you don't understand me. Why would you tell your sponsor to do that? Did he build the account for the purpose of visa? I did not say your statement is bad or can't be used. Kindly read my post again and understand it. A sponsor statement should have money coming in from time to time, and it could be huge or small. Now, this is what could go wrong: It may be seen by the embassy as "manipulation" if, for example, your sponsor income were 500K, 700K, 1M, etc on monthly or weekly basis for the past 4-5 months, and then a month or few weeks to interview, 7 million were deposit there. So, when you look at the transaction for the past 5 months, you could not see any deposit as huge as this, then it could be seen as intentional. HOWEVER, this is my view. Do what is best for you!

Wish you best.

You are right

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mslynxx:
planing to do it on my international passport. Though my waec result has my age written body so I was thinking if it's a risk on my part since I want to go on a student visa

Go with your real age.... your age doesn't determine if you will get it or not. Its always important to be consistent and be HONEST even in little things

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
I understand this. What I was trying to say is that, personal saving account would have been better.
Time2win:

A business and a company are different thing. A company requires two or more directors to open it while a business just requires one person. If she meant her aunt's business account, she can actually use her aunt as sponsor and when the V.O ask, she will say her aunt is sponsoring her and she has her business account. A company name has Ltd at the end of the name while a business name won't have Ltd at the end of the name.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Yes, treasury bill is accepted as proof of financial documentation, but the bank also has to issue a letter stating that the money can be used/withdrawn at anytime.

I haven't gone for an interview yet, so I can't say if the embassy accepts it.

handoffire:
Hello guys, good evening
Pls is Nigerian Treasury Bill accepted as proof of financial documentation for the school to send the form I-20, is it also accepted at the embassy.?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by denniece1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
@fairheart & time2win. Thanks for your input, I have read your responses.

It's like a personal marketing business she solely runs. She doesn't have considerable cash flow in & out of her personal account, would it be a bad idea for her to deposit huge amt of money into her personal account for purpose of getting Visa?.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
denniece1:
@fairheart & time2win. Thanks for your input, I have read your responses.

It's like a personal marketing business she solely runs. She doesn't have considerable cash flow in & out of her personal account, would it be a bad idea for her to deposit huge amt of money into her personal account for purpose of getting Visa?.

Depositing huge amount of money just for visa purpose is hugely frowned at. If the business account is all you got, use it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
Johnolukolade:

To the best of my KNOWLEDGE, the school want all selected GA applicants to be on campus by either of those dates (you know which one applies to you) and should sign all appointment/employment documents before you can receive the tuition benefits. I stand to be corrected however.

If I'm right on that note, you need to tell them to make sure the GA benefits are evident on your I-20 (provided you didn't get that mail from the International Admissions Office) or better still if they won't do that, print the appointment letter that you received when you're selected and use for your interview.

Best!
OK thank tou
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:
If the GA has been offered, you must remain in the appointment position on the date stated, or else, the benefits will not be renewed. If it has not been offered yet, you must have been appointment by these dates to receive the benefits. It doesn't say anything about paying your first year tuition. What is important is to secure your visa and be on campus by October 1. God forbid, should there be any delay, this school [b]may [/b]not renew the GA if you defer your admission.

Okay thank you...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Samantha002: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Can a bank do that ? .... isnt an authentic bank statement suppose to show accurate incoming and outgoing
Hi, @lagosismyhome. I sent you an email.. Kindly check and respond.
Thanks..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bwiizy92(m): 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
Here is my updated mock transcripts.

V.O: why are you going to U.S

Me: I'm going for my master's degree in chemistry at Central Michigan university.

V.O: How did you hear about this school

Me: I carried out an extensive research on the internet and streamlined the search with my research interest in materials and Nanoscience and CMU was among the school I found.

V.O: what's your study schedule.

Me: A total of 30 credits is required to obtain a master's degree in chemistry at CMU over a period of 24months where I will be taking course which include......lists them

V.O: how many schools did you apply to

Me: I applied to 3 schools, Illinois institute of technology, Auburn University and central Michigan university.

V.O: Why this school

Me: my research inclinations is borderline between industry, Chemistry and engineering and I discovered that the research of Dr. X is a mix of synthetic chemistry, materials science, engineering and nanotechnology which perfectly overlaps my research interests and in addition the department offered me a GA position.

V.O: tell me how about your assistantship.

Me: the admission committee were impressed with my academic profile and my impressive test scores and asked me to upload my resume and official transcripts, which I obliged
V.O: did you write any standardized tests

Me: I wrote GRE and TOEFL

V.O: what will this degree do for you.

Me: This degree will equip me with the requisite technical knowledge that will avail me the competitive advantage to compete for jobs in multinationals like General electric or FMC technologies.

Looks good.....any additional jara on top
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meem(m): 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:

Thanks for your earlier input.

Please, what are the important points that should be in a Sponsor Letter (from an older brother).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
Samantha002:

Hi, @lagosismyhome. I sent you an email.. Kindly check and respond.
Thanks..

I dont really check Pm ... oooo. Best place to catch me is here

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KatyDee: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
Abacino007:
I need urgent help please.

How do I change the passport number on my cgi account? I just renewed my passport and I used the new passport number to purchase my visa fee but the old passport number is still on my profile

It doesn't matter, send an email to clear your conscience. Also, carry your old passport for the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:

So one cannot use company account again!!... na wa o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
tactmayor:

So one cannot use company account again!!... na wa o

You can but personal account is advisable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
Time2win:

You can but personal account is advisable.

There are people who have liquid assets and the only huge cash they have are channeled into there businesses hence their business accounts have huge sums. People who use company accounts backed up with sponsor letter indicating the sponsor's name should not be at a disadvantage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
fairheart:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
tactmayor:

There are people who have liquid assets and the only huge cash they have are channeled into there businesses hence their business accounts have huge sums. People who use company accounts backed up with sponsor letter indicating the sponsor's name should not be at a disadvantage.

People have used company's account and got their visa. Just advising on which is best to use. If company account is all you got, use it and tender your case well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KeLcHeE(m): 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
So graduate coordinator sends out an email asking if one would be joining the program come Fall 2019 (more like a broadcast email to all students admitted to the program). Meanwhile, attending the school is solely dependent on obtaining a GA or some form of funding at least. What is the best reply to give the grad cord in this situation?

P. S. Assistantship application has been duely submitted well over a month ago. Grad cord is aware, and when confronted on the GA award timeline sometime ago, all he said was "you will be notified if GA is awarded".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sosao(f): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
Which school? Am facing same issue right now
KeLcHeE:
So graduate coordinator sends out an email asking if one would be joining the program come Fall 2019 (more like a broadcast email to all students admitted to the program). Meanwhile, attending the school is solely dependent on obtaining a GA or some form of funding at least. What is the best reply to give the grad cord in this situation?

P. S. Assistantship application has been duely submitted well over a month ago. Grad cord is aware, and when confronted on the GA award timeline sometime ago, all he said was "you will be notified if GA is awarded".

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.