Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794867 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:00pm On May 02, 2019
Moranc:
Good Day Everyone help me check this transcript, my interview is in less than 2 weeks.
please note this points
1. have earn a degree at cotonou but i was told the school is not accredited
2. I did not apply for any scholarship because the tuition is affordable and within budget.
3. The standardize test i use to get admission as expired. can i still tender it to the V.O?

Thanks.

1. Never say no 1 outside. A good student would have researched properly and ensure its an accredited school. Not spend money first before realising its not good

2. That excuse get kleg. Even if its affordable that doesn't stop a good student from applying

3. Well ...

Regarding the rest ... for Cc . You have to take into consideration the whole picture. How old are u and when did you finish secondary school

Lastly if you want to go with Cc. Then keep working on your response, give it your best and hope for the best.

Interview for US is highly subjective. What u think cant work will work sometimes and what you think would work sometimes dont work . So for transcript my only advice to EVERYONE is just give it your best .
Prepare, go through as much transcript and use it as a guide

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 7:10pm On May 02, 2019
Pls I need an affordable hotel close to US embassy around 8k. My interview is on Monday 06/05 in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Good afternoon everyone,
I am going for Fall 2019, I want to process my I-20 and I need a good advise on which school is best to choose.

I have been admitted to these schools with no GA,
Columbia University ($68k tuition)
University of Baltimore ($42k tuition), and
Salisbury University ($30k tuition).
However I was denied twice in January using University of Baltimore.

Cc @LagosismyHome, @Bracelum, @GboyegaD, @fairheart, and every guru here.

What's the course at Columbia?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by misstemi2(f): 7:18pm On May 02, 2019
emhenzy:
Pls I need an affordable hotel close to US embassy around 8k. My interview is on Monday 06/05 in Lagos
I second this. My interview is 6:30am and I stay in ibadan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:39pm On May 02, 2019
bracelum:

What's the course at Columbia?
Sir mail is still in ur inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:45pm On May 02, 2019
Thank you so much for taking out to time to attend to this. I have learnt something too smiley

LagosismyHome:

1. Never say no 1 outside. A good student would have researched properly and ensure its an accredited school. Not spend money first before realising its not good

2. That excuse get kleg. Even if its affordable that doesn't stop a good student from applying

3. Well ...

Regarding the rest ... for Cc . You have to take into consideration the whole picture. How old are u and when did you finish secondary school

Lastly if you want to go with Cc. Then keep working on your response, give it your best and hope for the best.

Interview for US is highly subjective. What u think cant work will work sometimes and what you think would work sometimes dont work . So for transcript my only advice to EVERYONE is just give it your best .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 7:51pm On May 02, 2019
NoelJunior:
Good evening friends. I want to appreciate every member of this great platform. I’ve benefited immensely. I wish to share my Visa interview transcript (approved)
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning. Pass your Passport and I-20
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going to the US to pursue a Doctorate degree in Computer Science at the Manhattan Campus of Kansas State University
VO: Why KSU?
Me: From my findings, KSU has a very high research activity status. In fact, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland and Security have designated the Centre for information of the University as a National Centre of Academic excellence in cyber defense research. The computer science three-pronged motto of world class faculty, world class education and world class research, coupled with the presence of three robust data science laboratories makes KSU a great platform for me to… (VO cuts in)
VO: Tell me about your background
Me: I hold a Bachelors of Science degree and majored in Statistics and Computer Science with a first class honors. I went further to study for Master of Science in Statistics
VO: So why are you going for a PhD in Computer Science?
Me: The world today is marked with an explosion of large volume of data, data that are potentially useful and informative but structurally complex and requires algorithms and techniques to determine the patterns/trends so as to aid effective decision making. I’d like to be a part of the research team that would develop novel techniques to unfold these complexities. I intend to achieve this by integrating my knowledge of statistics and computer programming
VO: Are you married?
Me: (Smiles) No, I’m not yet married
VO: Okaaaay, your Visa is approved. {She passed me a white paper and my from I-20}
Me: (Wider Smiles) Thank you
{Got an email the following day to pick up my passport at the address I chose on the visa application which also reflected on the white paper she gave me}

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I hope to read success stories in torrents. May God grant you uncommon favor in your interviews. Cheers!

Class! congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 7:52pm On May 02, 2019
Adekunmi28:
Good morning, I’d like you to run a mock interview with me @shawarma cuz I’ll be going in for my interview this month thanks .

Please do!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 7:56pm On May 02, 2019
LordSir1:
Hello house please I’m preparing for my visa interview and I would really appreciate it if you can help with the mock interview below, any corrections, criticism. Thank you

Vo: pass me your passport and i-20
Me: Here it is.

Vo: why are you going to the us?
Me: I’m going to the US to pursue a Master of Engineering degree with a focus on Industrial Automation and Control at Texas Tech

Vo: why this course?
Me: industrial automation is a huge part of the ongoing 4th industrial revolution and it’s potential is still under-utilised in Nigeria. It would enable the application of wireless technologies, internet of things and additive manufacturing into production processes, making them more efficient, reliable, sustainable and cost-effective. It would lead to an autonomous production process, with a remote monitoring of the whole system.

Vo:How did you find out about this sch?
Me: I did my research online for schools with my course option, then I worked closely with my mentor Dr xxxx in shortlisting the schools I applied to

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 4 schools; Lamar University, simon Fraser university, utsa and texas tech

Vo: how many admits?
Me: I got into 3

Vo: why this school over others?
Me: the department of Electrical engineering at Texas Tech has an ongoing research in pulsed power which I am interested in, I also received a partial scholarship from the department

Vo: what hv you been doing?
Me: I graduated with a bachelor in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Nov 2017 and was mobilised of National service in January 2018. During my service I worked as a physics and ICT teacher in a model secondary school, I completed my service in jan 2019. I am currently enrolled in two online courses in electric drives and programmable logic controllers as part of my preparation for graduate school

Vo: what are your plans after graduation?
Me: After graduation I plan on returning back to Nigeria, the production/manufacturing industry is currently experiencing a boom however there is a huge shortage of industrial automation engineers which is vital to the manufacturing process, forces most companies to outsource this position to foreign expatriates, My masters degree will make me well suited for such opportunities. I also plan on setting up an automation consultancy company targeting small and medium industries that do not have a department dedicated to automation.

Vo: who is paying for your program?
Me: my father is paying for my fees and additional living expense

More words at bolded. You never can tell when the consular loves talkatives. You need to keep talking.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:56pm On May 02, 2019
This is a good transcript. You have done your home work. The question is, can you deliver this confidently? And may I ask, how old are you? And why not a 4 year program?
Moranc:
Good Day Everyone help me check this transcript, my interview is in less than 2 weeks.
please note this points
1. have earn a degree at cotonou but i was told the school is not accredited
2. I did not apply for any scholarship because the tuition is affordable and within budget.
3. The standardize test i use to get admission as expired. can i still tender it to the V.O?

Thanks.

Find the transcript below.

Me: Good morning, Ma
VO: Good morning
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: To pursue Associate of science degree in cyber security
VO: Why did you choose the bunker hill community college?
Me: Bunker hill has superior course work in cyber security field more so cyber security is design to aligned with the national institute of technology and standards (NITS), National initiative for cyber security workforce framework to ensure consistent, current and flexible training in the growing technology field of information technology.
VO: why did you select this course?
ME: Many organizations are affected with security threats, studying cyber security will help me support security networks, Systems located on this network and data contained within those system. Identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security process throughout organization network to reduce risk. Respond to incidents and limit exposure liability; identifying, notifying and responding to security threats on network.
VO: Can you tell me the location of the college?
ME: The College is Located at 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Boston.
VO: Why US?
ME: It’s a known fact that a degree in US is highly ranked and well respected. Therefore I see foundational degree in the US to be very good decision.
VO: What will you do when you complete your studies?
ME: After the completion of my studies, I will transfer to university to earn a bachelor degree.
VO: Whats your course structure and content?
ME: At the end of the program, I will complete 65-68 total credits. Starting with summer which has 6credits while spring and fall semesters has at least 12credits each.
VO: Do you intend to work in US?
ME: No, I will return back to Nigeria to practice the knowledge have acquired.
VO: where will you stay in the US.
ME: The school doesn’t have hostel so have booked a private hostel 36, Moseley street, Dorchester, Boston.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My dad

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Software Developer also CEO of XYZ.

Cc: @LagosismyHome, @Bracelum, @GboyegaD, @fairheart and all Gurus in the house please review this for me

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 8:04pm On May 02, 2019
LagosismyHome:

3. Well ...

SHe said my mind. Go and work on your transcript. And be prepare to defend the cc wholeheartedly. impossible is nothing. Give it your shot! Na who know know. Peace!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2019
misstemi2:
I second this. My interview is 6:30am and I stay in ibadan

I will see you then!!! grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:06pm On May 02, 2019
NoelJunior:
Good evening friends. I want to appreciate every member of this great platform. I’ve benefited immensely. I wish to share my Visa interview transcript (approved)

Congrats... God bless your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2019
Hi sir,
I sent a PM to you, I need to talk to you privately sir
fairheart:
As you already know, I'll personally advice you to remove Columbia University from the list. I'll advice you stick with Baltimore or opt for Salisbury. That you were refused twice says nothing about your school, but maybe because of the tuition. You can still get your visa on Baltimore I-20. But it would have been more favorable if you get a scholarship of at least small amount, or a GA before you reapply. Why not pick other schools that are more affordable and try secure scholarship? I know it's not easy, but you could still look for other schools and apply, and yes, for fall 2019.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by misstemi2(f): 8:20pm On May 02, 2019
texrem:

mine is actually on June 10.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 8:27pm On May 02, 2019
mysweetsunshine:
I just got issued my I 20 form. How legit is sevisexpress.com website to pay for sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2019
emhenzy:
Try famoss hotel in odo street , ikoyi road, obalende . the cheapest room is 6k or u can try frutos fast food in the same area if you don't mind the noise cos that place is a bus stop and no parking space

Copied from Tods

cc Misstemi2

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 9:15pm On May 02, 2019
texrem:

Chief I sent u a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2019
Bro @texrem Abeg run the mock for me thanks .
texrem:

Please do!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Curious101: 9:46pm On May 02, 2019
Hello guys ! My visa was granted , here’s my transcript.

My interview was supposed to be in August 2018 at the U.S embassy ABJ,but on the day of the interview ,I went to the embassy And to my greatest surprise the embassy told the securities to tell us they were on strike and anybody with any urgency should go to the Lagos consulate �( although I’ve traveled all the way from Lagos and there was no mail from the embassy about the apparent change).i looked at positive side of it and went home , although I couldn’t go to the Lagos Embassy because there wasn’t enough time until my school resumes , so I had to wait for fall 2019. Long story short , I scheduled my interview for Jan 17 2019 .

It was the morning of my interview and I had prayed fervently and fasted and also was very nervous as hell but I didn’t stop believing.
Time for my interview and the person Interviewing me was a black thin lady who wasn’t smiling at all .;(
* still very nervous, wasn’t confident at all *

V.O : good morning, let me have your ppt and I.20
Me: * passes it * “good morning” * with a crooked smile on my face *
V.O: So were in California are you going

Me: California State University Bakersfield

V.O To do what

Me: to obtain bachelors degree in criminal justice and law enforcement administration.

V.O; what did you do after sec sch edu .

ME: I did a diploma in political science at the university of Benin and afterwards went for a compulsory industrial training.

V.O: why didn’t you pursue a bachelors in the course you studied instead of criminal justice.

M.E; (freaks out a little , said something I don’t even remember)

V.O: * asked the question again *

Me: well i don’t know if it’s allowed to bring ones family problems to a visa interview, but here it goes ; in 2015 my mum was kidnapped and was almost killed, they were like plenty ways for the police to catch these people and save my mum but they didn’t because of the lack of literacy And technology we have at the Nigerian police force.
I’m pursuing the career in criminal justice and law enforcement administration not only to get involved with the shaping of crime policy in Nigeria but also to expose Nigeria to a technology based systems to catch criminals and bring them to Jistice .
V.O: * was nodding with a smile and was typing so fast too *
Felt a huge relief in my heart , then she brought the almighty white paper out and held my bank statement to confirm if it was original. p.s my aunty was sponsorer btw.
I couldn’t go in spring cos my visa came out late , it’s the schools fault though ?they didn’t send my 1.20 on time and now I’ll have to wait for fall ( a whole 8 months in this Naija �).
I just want to thank God and everyone that dropped their transcript here , I learnt a lot from you all and I’m so grateful. And to all the professors in the house , I’m sorry for the blunders and the improper use of my grammar and punctuations , I’m not perfect .
And I’m also open to making new friends, if you’re in California and would like to be friends when I come please HMU.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 10:03pm On May 02, 2019
Curious101:

My interview was supposed to be in August 2018 at the U.S embassy ABJ,but on the day of the interview ,I went to the embassy And to my greatest surprise the embassy told the securities to tell us they were on strike and anybody with any urgency should go to the Lagos consulate �( although I’ve traveled all the way from Lagos and there was no mail from the embassy about the apparent change).i looked at positive side of it and went home , although I couldn’t go to the Lagos Embassy because there wasn’t enough time until my school resumes , so I had to wait for fall 2019. Long story short , I scheduled my interview for Jan 17 2019 .

It was the morning of my interview and I had prayed fervently and fasted and also was very nervous as hell but I didn’t stop believing.
Time for my interview and the person Interviewing me was a black thin lady who wasn’t smiling at all .;(

V.O To do what

Me: to obtain bachelors degree in criminal justice and law enforcement administration.

ME: I did a diploma in political science at the university of Benin and afterwards went for a compulsory industrial training.

V.O: why didn’t you pursue a bachelors in the course you studied instead of criminal justice.

Me: well i don’t know if it’s allowed to bring ones family problems to a visa interview, but here it goes ; in 2015 my mum was kidnapped and was almost killed, they were like plenty ways for the police to catch these people and save my mum but they didn’t because of the lack of literacy And technology we have at the Nigerian police force.
I’m pursuing the career in criminal justice and law enforcement administration not only to get involved with the shaping of crime policy in Nigeria but also to expose Nigeria to a technology based systems to catch criminals and bring them to Jistice .
Felt a huge relief in my heart , then she brought the almighty white paper out and held my bank statement to confirm if it was original. p.s my aunty was sponsorer btw.
I couldn’t go in spring cos my visa came out late , it’s the schools fault though ?they didn’t send my 1.20 on time and now I’ll have to wait for fall ( a whole 8 months in this Naija �).
I just want to thank God and everyone that dropped their transcript here , I learnt a lot from you all and I’m so grateful. And to all the professors in the house , I’m sorry for the blunders and the improper use of my grammar and punctuations , I’m not perfect .
And I’m also open to making new friends, if you’re in California and would like to be friends when I come please HMU.

wow congratulations. Hope your mum is ok? Can imagine what you went through which spurred your zeal to study this course. I am hopeful for Nigeria because of people like you. Wish you the very best.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 10:14pm On May 02, 2019
Curious101:

V.O To do what

Honestly,this is one of the best transcript I have seen.
So unique and really personalized.Delivered with originality.It shows that some VO's are patient and are ready to listen to good story.I also appreciate how you built confidence despite being nervous from the start.If I were a VO I will gladly approve.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LordSir1: 10:21pm On May 02, 2019
texrem:

More words at bolded. You never can tell when the consular loves talkatives. You need to keep talking.
I’ll work on that . Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Curious101: 10:28pm On May 02, 2019
Pefuele:

Honestly,this is one of the best transcript I have seen.
So unique and really personalized.Delivered with originality.It shows that some VO's are patient and are ready to listen to good story.I also appreciate how you built confidence despite being nervous from the start.If I were a VO I will gladly approve.
Aww this actually got me tearing up. Thanks alit I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Curious101: 10:29pm On May 02, 2019
CuteRedd:
wow congratulations. Hope your mum is ok? Can imagine what you went through which spurred your zeal to study this course. I am hopeful for Nigeria because of people like you. Wish you the very best.
Yes she is , stronger than ever . Thanks for your concern.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moranc(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2019
LagosismyHome:

3. Well ...

Thank you for your time.
Firstly that's what oklahoma central university wrote to me through mail why they can't offer me admission in masters. if you don't mind I can forward it to your mail. but I was offered admission in Poland for masters with the same degree. more so I did my nysc and am working with the same degree. but have never been given admission in the US with the degree. my cgpa is 4.08/5.00.
secondly, am in my late 20s and I finish secondary school 2010.
once again thanks for your time
Regards

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moranc(m): 10:49pm On May 02, 2019
fairheart:
This is a good transcript. You have done your home work. The question is, can you deliver this confidently? And may I ask, how old are you? And why not a 4 year program?
Am 27 years. will I actually plan to cross after this program. A friend of mine that graduated from the school recommend it for me and it's affordable too.
Thanks for your time.
Regards

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:57pm On May 02, 2019
Curious101:

My interview was supposed to be in August 2018 at the U.S embassy ABJ,but on the day of the interview ,I

Congrats....May God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 11:02pm On May 02, 2019
here's my proposed transcript bro help look am thanks.
vo: pass me your pass and i-20
me: passed
vo: where are you going to in the US?
me: i'm going for my bachelors degree at the university of idaho moscow idaho
vo: why the US and not here in NIG?
me: it's widely known that an academic experience from a US university is highly valued and respected around the world for they give excellent research opportunities through assistant ship programs.
vo: why U of I?
me: asides it's notable and remarkable achievements, the school gives opportunity to students to partner with industries to solve real world problems by so doing it helps enhance the students experience, also according to the national university rankings Forbes ranked the school 153rd, zzzzzz
vo: why computer engineering?
me: computer engineering is a course that gives access to the future, in terms of innovations and creativity...... it's also a course that combines both the knowledge of electrical engineering and software design giving room for different career paths and also continuous learning throughout ones career.
vo: you finished high school 2013 what have you been doing?
me: i enrolled in a computer school to learn about computer engineering which as always been my dream course in which we focused on the hardware engineering aspect of it which deals with the modification, design,and repair of computer parts and gadgets that lasted for for years........
vo:what will this course do for you?
me: it will help increasing and brooding my horizon about the course and also help to add to the knowledge i had before, also will help me perform better when i return to work at my dads company, not forgetting the fact that i'll be focusing on the communication and wireless network for my research which will help problems to the solution we having presently in the country.
vo: who's sponsoring you?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he's a chattered accountant and the CEO ................
vo: where will you be staying?
me: in the school dormitory so so so to be precise
vo: you been to the US before?
me: no
vo: why?
me: i've never had the course to
vo: hands me the white paper, you be needing this at the poe
me: thanks
Adekunmi28:
Bro @texrem Abeg run the mock for me thanks .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Addy9: 11:04pm On May 02, 2019
A bigger “thank you” goes to @Walspring for helping me out on my Sevis payment in less than 24hrs. God bless you Walspring!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 11:08pm On May 02, 2019
she return your statement to you after confirming right?
Curious101:

V.O To do what

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 11:14pm On May 02, 2019
Curious101:

Aww this actually got me tearing up. Thanks alit I really appreciate.

You are always welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.