Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,335 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (798224 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moranc(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2019
Good Day Everyone help me check this transcript, my interview is in less than 2 weeks.
please note this points
1. have earn a degree at cotonou but i was told the school is not accredited
2. I did not apply for any scholarship because the tuition is affordable and within budget.
3. The standardize test i use to get admission as expired. can i still tender it to the V.O?

Thanks.

Find the transcript below.

Me: Good morning, Ma
VO: Good morning
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: To pursue Associate of science degree in cyber security
VO: Why did you choose the bunker hill community college?
Me: Bunker hill has superior course work in cyber security field more so cyber security is design to aligned with the national institute of technology and standards (NITS), National initiative for cyber security workforce framework to ensure consistent, current and flexible training in the growing technology field of information technology.
VO: why did you select this course?
ME: Many organizations are affected with security threats, studying cyber security will help me support security networks, Systems located on this network and data contained within those system. Identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security process throughout organization network to reduce risk. Respond to incidents and limit exposure liability; identifying, notifying and responding to security threats on network.
VO: Can you tell me the location of the college?
ME: The College is Located at 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Boston.
VO: Why US?
ME: It’s a known fact that a degree in US is highly ranked and well respected. Therefore I see foundational degree in the US to be very good decision.
VO: What will you do when you complete your studies?
ME: After the completion of my studies, I will transfer to university to earn a bachelor degree.
VO: Whats your course structure and content?
ME: At the end of the program, I will complete 65-68 total credits. Starting with summer which has 6credits while spring and fall semesters has at least 12credits each.
VO: Do you intend to work in US?
ME: No, I will return back to Nigeria to practice the knowledge have acquired.
VO: where will you stay in the US.
ME: The school doesn’t have hostel so have booked a private hostel 36, Moseley street, Dorchester, Boston.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My dad

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Software Developer also CEO of XYZ.

Cc: @LagosismyHome, @Bracelum, @GboyegaD, @fairheart and all Gurus in the house please review this for me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2019
congratulations. Great transcript

NoelJunior:
Good evening friends. I want to appreciate every member of this great platform. I’ve benefited immensely. I wish to share my Visa interview transcript (approved)
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning. Pass your Passport and I-20
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going to the US to pursue a Doctorate degree in Computer Science at the Manhattan Campus of Kansas State University
VO: Why KSU?
Me: From my findings, KSU has a very high research activity status. In fact, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland and Security have designated the Centre for information of the University as a National Centre of Academic excellence in cyber defense research. The computer science three-pronged motto of world class faculty, world class education and world class research, coupled with the presence of three robust data science laboratories makes KSU a great platform for me to… (VO cuts in)
VO: Tell me about your background
Me: I hold a Bachelors of Science degree and majored in Statistics and Computer Science with a first class honors. I went further to study for Master of Science in Statistics
VO: So why are you going for a PhD in Computer Science?
Me: The world today is marked with an explosion of large volume of data, data that are potentially useful and informative but structurally complex and requires algorithms and techniques to determine the patterns/trends so as to aid effective decision making. I’d like to be a part of the research team that would develop novel techniques to unfold these complexities. I intend to achieve this by integrating my knowledge of statistics and computer programming
VO: Are you married?
Me: (Smiles) No, I’m not yet married
VO: Okaaaay, your Visa is approved. {She passed me a white paper and my from I-20}
Me: (Wider Smiles) Thank you
{Got an email the following day to pick up my passport at the address I chose on the visa application which also reflected on the white paper she gave me}

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I hope to read success stories in torrents. May God grant you uncommon favor in your interviews. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 2:44pm On May 02, 2019
Thank you Nalem, I am humbled.
Fairheart I acknowledge you.
As for you Wretch, na person wey don chop belleful go fit answer you cheesy
Ok, I should stop writing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 3:35pm On May 02, 2019
Good afternoon everyone,
I am going for Fall 2019, I want to process my I-20 and I need a good advise on which school is best to choose.

I have been admitted to these schools with no GA,
Columbia University ($68k tuition)
University of Baltimore ($42k tuition), and
Salisbury University ($30k tuition).
However I was denied in January using University of Baltimore.

Cc @LagosismyHome, @Bracelum, @GboyegaD, @fairheart, and every guru here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:38pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Good afternoon everyone,
I am going for Fall 2019, I want to process my I-20 and I need a good advise on which school is best to choose.

However I was denied twice in January using University of Baltimore.

What course is this for .......... Also which one can you pay easily as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:52pm On May 02, 2019
As you already know, I'll personally advice you to remove Columbia University from the list. I'll advice you stick with Baltimore or opt for Salisbury. That you were refused twice says nothing about your school, but maybe because of the tuition. You can still get your visa on Baltimore I-20. But it would have been more favorable if you get a scholarship of at least small amount, or a GA before you reapply. Why not pick other schools that are more affordable and try secure scholarship? I know it's not easy, but you could still look for other schools and apply, and yes, for fall 2019.
Milkshakes01:
Good afternoon everyone,

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2019
I will like to share the story of a student with you. She was refused once. na so she vex and relax. Close to a year after, she repackaged herself, get a new school, get GA, and reapply. Boom! She got the visa the second time. This was January this year. She's 32! We had mock together and it was one of the smoothest interview experiences shared with me.

Milkshakes01:
Good afternoon everyone,

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Best201195(m): 4:03pm On May 02, 2019
Deefav:

Yes, I applied to Alcorn State University. I'm yet to get a reply though. Have you gotten one?

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been a silent reader for months.

None yet. PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 4:19pm On May 02, 2019
It is for Negotiation and Conflict resolution in Columbia and Baltimore but Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution in Salisbury.

Baltimore and Salisbury is affordable.
LagosismyHome:

What course is this for .......... Also which one can you pay easily as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 4:20pm On May 02, 2019
I applied for GA at Salisbury though, I wasn’t awarded
fairheart:
As you already know, I'll personally advice you to remove Columbia University from the list. I'll advice you stick with Baltimore or opt for Salisbury. That you were refused twice says nothing about your school, but maybe because of the tuition. You can still get your visa on Baltimore I-20. But it would have been more favorable if you get a scholarship of at least small amount, or a GA before you reapply. Why not pick other schools that are more affordable and try secure scholarship? I know it's not easy, but you could still look for other schools and apply, and yes, for fall 2019.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deefav: 4:21pm On May 02, 2019
Best201195:

None yet. PM

Sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:
I applied for GA at Salisbury though, I was awarded

Use the school you were awarded a GA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 4:38pm On May 02, 2019
I made a mistake
Time2win:

Use the school you were awarded a GA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:
I made a mistake

Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Good afternoon everyone,

Can you afford Columbia university fees? It's an ivy league university and can easily get you a visa if funds are sufficient

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 4:58pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:

I think u should post d transcripts of the previous denial interviews as this will remove guessing from d advice people here will provide.

It looks like u repeated d same mistake twice, let's try to stop that.

And yes, I agree with time2win, Columbia is your best bet but d money no be here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pcane: 5:08pm On May 02, 2019
greetings!!!!!
I have posted a question here before, but I got no reply, I am here with another one.
I have got admission already with close to 80per cent funding, Is it wise I apply for GA?
IF yes how can I go about it
gurus, please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:24pm On May 02, 2019
Good idea, the Ivy League status may help her easily secure the visa. $68k =24.3M. If sponsor have thriving income and balance, this may be the next option.
Time2win:

Can you afford Columbia university fees? It's an ivy league university and can easily get you a visa if funds are sufficient
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:29pm On May 02, 2019
lol. You want 100%. Check the scholarship and financial aid section of graduate admission page. You should see "Graduate Assistantships" there. Contact the person in charge and explain of your interest for a position. Submit the application if there's any.
Pcane:
greetings!!!!!
I have posted a question here before, but I got no reply, I am here with another one.
I have got admission already with close to 80per cent funding, Is it wise I apply for GA?
gurus, please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 5:33pm On May 02, 2019
Pcane:
greetings!!!!!
gurus, please help

The way d first question was crafted was not clear. U said u made 4 applications but only one has answered u. What do u mean by answered u? When crafting questions, sometimes u need to think about the people reading it.

Your first question is connected to your second question, clarify the first one if u can.

But yes, u can still ask for the GA from a Prof.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pcane: 5:43pm On May 02, 2019
AgreatMan:

The way d first question was crafted was not clear. U said u made 4 applications but only one has answered u. What do u mean by answered u? When crafting questions, sometimes u need to think about the people reading it.

Your first question is connected to your second question, clarify the first one if u can.

But yes, u can still ask for the GA from a Prof.

my bad, sorry about that .
Three schools have offered me admission out of four schools I applied to.
One gave me like 80% percent funding. It is not that I am greedy but I just want to stand a better during my interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pcane: 5:45pm On May 02, 2019
fairheart:
lol. You want 100%. Check the scholarship and financial aid section of graduate admission page. You should see "Graduate Assistantships" there. Contact the person in charge and explain of your interest for a position. Submit the application if there's any.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:47pm On May 02, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Good afternoon everyone,

Depends on what your long term plans are , the recruitment prospect, if you plan to come back to nigeria and most importantly if you have relevant work experience

I personally wont choose that degree except i plan to come back to Nigeria or have very strong work experience and would certainly not pay some of these tution. But AGAIN THAT ME NOT YOU

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ponpon(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2019
Is this interview transcript thing a good thing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2019
We actually don't know grin grin grin
ponpon:
Is this interview transcript thing a good thing?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:16pm On May 02, 2019
How about looking at scholarships for international students, or departmental ones?
Milkshakes01:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moranc(m): 6:35pm On May 02, 2019
Moranc:
Good Day Everyone help me check this transcript, my interview is in less than 2 weeks.
please note this points
1. have earn a degree at cotonou but i was told the school is not accredited
2. I did not apply for any scholarship because the tuition is affordable and within budget.
3. The standardize test i use to get admission as expired. can i still tender it to the V.O?

Thanks.

Find the transcript below.

Me: Good morning, Ma
VO: Good morning
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: To pursue Associate of science degree in cyber security
VO: Why did you choose the bunker hill community college?
Me: Bunker hill has superior course work in cyber security field more so cyber security is design to aligned with the national institute of technology and standards (NITS), National initiative for cyber security workforce framework to ensure consistent, current and flexible training in the growing technology field of information technology.
VO: why did you select this course?
ME: Many organizations are affected with security threats, studying cyber security will help me support security networks, Systems located on this network and data contained within those system. Identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security process throughout organization network to reduce risk. Respond to incidents and limit exposure liability; identifying, notifying and responding to security threats on network.
VO: Can you tell me the location of the college?
ME: The College is Located at 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Boston.
VO: Why US?
ME: It’s a known fact that a degree in US is highly ranked and well respected. Therefore I see foundational degree in the US to be very good decision.
VO: What will you do when you complete your studies?
ME: After the completion of my studies, I will transfer to university to earn a bachelor degree.
VO: Whats your course structure and content?
ME: At the end of the program, I will complete 65-68 total credits. Starting with summer which has 6credits while spring and fall semesters has at least 12credits each.
VO: Do you intend to work in US?
ME: No, I will return back to Nigeria to practice the knowledge have acquired.
VO: where will you stay in the US.
ME: The school doesn’t have hostel so have booked a private hostel 36, Moseley street, Dorchester, Boston.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
ME: My dad

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Software Developer also CEO of XYZ.

Cc: @LagosismyHome, @Bracelum, @GboyegaD, @fairheart and all Gurus in the house please review this for me
Can someone please give feedback on this transcript.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 6:49pm On May 02, 2019
Ok, slow down! Are you the jealous type tongue
Every post has its audience. Perhaps the target audience for your post haven't been online or missed it while scrolling.
Even at that, this is probably a wrong way to get attention. You are not paying anyone to read your transcript, so jejejely calm down please grin
Shalom to you too!
Moranc:
I think no one is ready to read my transcript. Maybe because it's for College. all the same Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Moranc(m): 6:54pm On May 02, 2019
sharwama:
Every post has its audience. Perhaps the target audience for your post haven't been online or missed it while scrolling.
Even at that, this is probably a wrong way to get attention. You are not paying anyone to read your transcript, so jejejely calm down please grin
Shalom to you too!

lipsrsealed
sharwama:
Shalom to you too!

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.