Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796983 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2019
fcnaxo:
Chief I sent u a PM

replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by texrem(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2019
Adekunmi28:
Bro @texrem Abeg run the mock for me thanks .

shoot!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2019
i'm good to go?
texrem:

shoot!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:31pm On May 02, 2019
I have replied.
JoeBazz:
Hi sir,
I sent a PM to you, I need to talk to you privately sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 11:37pm On May 02, 2019
fairheart:
I am back now. Look forward to the essay question before Friday
@fairheart pls don't forget me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 12:18am On May 03, 2019
Congrats bro, when was the interview?
NoelJunior:
Good evening friends. I want to appreciate every member of this great platform. I’ve benefited immensely. I wish to share my Visa interview transcript (approved)
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning. Pass your Passport and I-20
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going to the US to pursue a Doctorate degree in Computer Science at the Manhattan Campus of Kansas State University
VO: Why KSU?
Me: From my findings, KSU has a very high research activity status. In fact, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland and Security have designated the Centre for information of the University as a National Centre of Academic excellence in cyber defense research. The computer science three-pronged motto of world class faculty, world class education and world class research, coupled with the presence of three robust data science laboratories makes KSU a great platform for me to… (VO cuts in)
VO: Tell me about your background
Me: I hold a Bachelors of Science degree and majored in Statistics and Computer Science with a first class honors. I went further to study for Master of Science in Statistics
VO: So why are you going for a PhD in Computer Science?
Me: The world today is marked with an explosion of large volume of data, data that are potentially useful and informative but structurally complex and requires algorithms and techniques to determine the patterns/trends so as to aid effective decision making. I’d like to be a part of the research team that would develop novel techniques to unfold these complexities. I intend to achieve this by integrating my knowledge of statistics and computer programming
VO: Are you married?
Me: (Smiles) No, I’m not yet married
VO: Okaaaay, your Visa is approved. {She passed me a white paper and my from I-20}
Me: (Wider Smiles) Thank you
{Got an email the following day to pick up my passport at the address I chose on the visa application which also reflected on the white paper she gave me}

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I hope to read success stories in torrents. May God grant you uncommon favor in your interviews. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 1:04am On May 03, 2019
Since you added "bro" I figured this transcript is for a male figure, so technically I am not allowed grin grin grin However, I can't sleep and I care about you enough to share my thoughts.
First, your transcript is beautiful, I love your ginger, I love your spirit. I feel like you know what you want to say but you just need to work a little bit on your organisation.
Again, I am concerned about "research opportunities through assistantship programs" coz those are graduate terminologies and you are going for a B.Sc.
Do you think you can solidify your reason for choosing U of I, I mean what makes it stand out for YOU? Other schools give such opportunities, there are far notable schools and being ranked 153rd doesn't necessarily justify your choice. Do you see where I am coming from?
I have seen a couple of transcripts where the VO tackled the applicant just on the choice of school and made him/her quite nervous.
I'm also concerned about your response to "what will this course do for you?" You probably need to hit the nail on the head or if you insist on a verbose response, you probably would need to work on the synergy of your answer(each sentence should enforce the other)
Going forward, I am not sure how I feel about what you have been doing since 2013.
Let me show you something:
"I enrolled at a computer school for four years, there I was groomed by my instructors on how to modify, repair, design computer parts and gadgets"
My example may not be perfect but I hope you see the power of clarity. I also brought "four years" forward because it's a vital part of your answer and the VO might interrupt.
Finally, on what the course will do for you. You probably need to work on your response, I'm not sure it would "wow" the VO grin
I wish I could write more but I'm always scared to comment on transcripts. Liver dey cut as I dey write this one sef grin grin grin
I wish you tremendous success my friend. Go get that visa grin grin grin

Adekunmi28:
here's my proposed transcript bro help look am thanks.
vo: pass me your pass and i-20
me: passed
vo: where are you going to in the US?
me: i'm going for my bachelors degree at the university of idaho moscow idaho
vo: why the US and not here in NIG?
me: it's widely known that an academic experience from a US university is highly valued and respected around the world for they give excellent research opportunities through assistant ship programs.
vo: why U of I?
me: asides it's notable and remarkable achievements, the school gives opportunity to students to partner with industries to solve real world problems by so doing it helps enhance the students experience, also according to the national university rankings Forbes ranked the school 153rd, zzzzzz
vo: why computer engineering?
me: computer engineering is a course that gives access to the future, in terms of innovations and creativity...... it's also a course that combines both the knowledge of electrical engineering and software design giving room for different career paths and also continuous learning throughout ones career.
vo: you finished high school 2013 what have you been doing?
me: i enrolled in a computer school to learn about computer engineering which as always been my dream course in which we focused on the hardware engineering aspect of it which deals with the modification, design,and repair of computer parts and gadgets that lasted for for years........
vo:what will this course do for you?
me: it will help increasing and brooding my horizon about the course and also help to add to the knowledge i had before, also will help me perform better when i return to work at my dads company, not forgetting the fact that i'll be focusing on the communication and wireless network for my research which will help problems to the solution we having presently in the country.
vo: who's sponsoring you?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he's a chattered accountant and the CEO ................
vo: where will you be staying?
me: in the school dormitory so so so to be precise
vo: you been to the US before?
me: no
vo: why?
me: i've never had the course to
vo: hands me the white paper, you be needing this at the poe
me: thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shayhune: 1:18am On May 03, 2019
Nerdychukz:
Hello...I was admitted to bgsu and I need your help on some things

Shoot. What help do you need?

P.S: I can't respond to PMs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 1:44am On May 03, 2019
Thanks I’ll work on it all over again grateful.
sharwama:
Since you added "bro" I figured this transcript is for a male figure, so technically I am not allowed grin grin grin However, I can't sleep and I care about you enough to share my thoughts.
First, your transcript is beautiful, I love your ginger, I love your spirit. I feel like you know what you want to say but you just need to work a little bit on your organisation.
Again, I am concerned about "research opportunities through assistantship programs" coz those are graduate terminologies and you are going for a B.Sc.
Do you think you can solidify your reason for choosing U of I, I mean what makes it stand out for YOU? Other schools give such opportunities, there are far notable schools and being ranked 153rd doesn't necessarily justify your choice. Do you see where I am coming from?
I have seen a couple of transcripts where the VO tackled the applicant just on the choice of school and made him/her quite nervous.
I'm also concerned about your response to "what will this course do for you?" You probably need to hit the nail on the head or if you insist on a verbose response, you probably would need to work on the synergy of your answer(each sentence should enforce the other)
Going forward, I am not sure how I feel about what you have been doing since 2013.
Let me show you something:
"I enrolled at a computer school for four years, there I was groomed by my instructors on how to modify, repair, design computer parts and gadgets"
My example may not be perfect but I hope you see the power of clarity. I also brought "four years" forward because it's a vital part of your answer and the VO might interrupt.
Finally, on what the course will do for you. You probably need to work on your response, I'm not sure it would "wow" the VO grin
I wish I could write more but I'm always scared to comment on transcripts. Liver dey cut as I dey write this one sef grin grin grin
I wish you tremendous success my friend. Go get that visa grin grin grin

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 2:31am On May 03, 2019
I am a 25 years old graduate with also a diploma certification in project management 2 years experience in the banking sector (General resource Management Team) and close to a year in Transport and Logistics Firm. I have submitted proposed transcripts here b4 I it has been analyzed. I have made a lot of changes and personalized my responses.
I am going to Wichita state University without funding as the school only offers GA after the first semester. The Tuition is $24,300 which is very ok considering my family’s budget. My dads personal Account is in a Microfinance bank very well funded with converted to dollars 36,200$ and a company/ corporate account
of about 3million naira. My Transcript
Vo: GoodMorning pass ur I-20 and passport
Me : GoodMorning as I pass the documents.
Vo: I can see u applied for an F-1 Visa where are u going precisely in the USA
Me: I am going to Wichita state University Fairmount Road Wichita , Kansas for a Masters Degree in Management Science and Supply Chain with concerntration in Logistics and Transport.
Vo: Why not Nigeria?
Me: sadly no school in Nigeria offers a combination of both Management, Supply Chain, Transport and Logistics as one single degree here in Nigeria. Moreso it would be an added advantage for me and a step ahead of my peers in my field bagging the degree in the USA.
Vo: Ok so why Wichita state
Me: After an Extensive research on various Sites and consultations from colleagues who are alumni’s I have 4 reason why I am picking Wichita State;
1. Wichita state university offers an Advanced learning of the use of SAP program(Supply Chain Management Applications,which is very integral in advanced planning ,optimization, production and Execution of Business Plans. Along with Certifications, only knowing the concepts is no longer sufficient, acquiring hands on experience with enterprise level systems such as (SAP) is a keynote for the faculty.Frankly there not too many Nigerians with this certification, and almost every Managerial role/Job opening in the Supplychain logistic Field requires a certification and knowledge of the use of this Advanced Planning engine. As a matter of fact in the Firm at work for now there are only Two people who have the Technical know-how of the SAP program and are both Expatriates. This Certification is embedded in the faculties curriculum which is a Huge bargain as it comes with no extra charge as against other schools in the USA.
2. The faculty at the Barton School of Business boasts of individuals and staff with solid work experience and industry acumen in the logistics space with ex directors and Senior officials as faculty members with an average industry experience of about 10-15 years. This feat is rarely obtainable in most schools I researched on*. Learning from them would bring me closer in understanding industry concepts and Trends.
3. Wichita as a state is known worldwide as the AIR CAPITAL OF THE WORLD housing Avaition companies like Spirit Aerosystems, textrin Aviation, Boeing,Bombardier, Cargil and Koch industries. Air transport is a Major player in the Logistics Space and can rightly be regraded as its nervous system. WSU has interaction,partnership and a healthy relationship with these companies. Allowing students the opportunity to gain practical knowledge,Hands On experience on industry Trends.
4. The school boasts of a very decent tuition fee and payment plan which was carefully analyzed in a worst case scenario base whether or not I am offered an assistantship from the school it fits perfectly within my family’s budget.
Vo: Ok I can see you are going for a degree outside what u studied as a first degree why is that?
Me: Frankly Nigeria is a country that is overly dependent on Importation for its survival. This brings to Light the unending need for Supply Chain and Logistics Management. There is so much Demand and Need for this profession in Nigeria as compared to my first degree, to fit perfectly into this Career loads of Industry Experience and a Degree is required I already have 3 years work experience in this field. A degree in Management and Supplychain would be icing to the Cake. Not to downplay the usefulness of my first degree courses in Anthropology and Sociology has giving me an in-depth knowledge of Human Capital Development which is very vital in Évery Advanced Business plans.
Vo: nods ok, so who is sponsoring your studies?
Me: my Dad is , he owns a company that is into the sales of Sanitary wares and building materials (jacuzzi, Bath tub, shower trays, marble, Tiles etc) with offices in Lagos and PHC
Vo: did u sit for any standardized testMe: yes Toefl passed the result

Vo: Visa has been approved
Me: thank You.

Please give me ur candid opinion about this Transcript if there are things to change or if it’s complete Bull shit! I need to hear it sir.
Thank you. @fairheart @lagosismyhome @bracelum @texrem @whoeverCanHelpMeCriticAndCorrections thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OgbeniOptional(m): 2:42am On May 03, 2019
Wow!!!! Congratulations, God bless your new journey. Where did you later went for your interview.

Curious101:
Hello guys ! My visa was granted , here’s my transcript.

My interview was supposed to be in August 2018 at the U.S embassy ABJ,but on the day of the interview ,I went to the embassy And to my greatest surprise the embassy told the securities to tell us they were on strike and anybody with any urgency should go to the Lagos consulate �( although I’ve traveled all the way from Lagos and there was no mail from the embassy about the apparent change).i looked at positive side of it and went home , although I couldn’t go to the Lagos Embassy because there wasn’t enough time until my school resumes , so I had to wait for fall 2019. Long story short , I scheduled my interview for Jan 17 2019 .

It was the morning of my interview and I had prayed fervently and fasted and also was very nervous as hell but I didn’t stop believing.
Time for my interview and the person Interviewing me was a black thin lady who wasn’t smiling at all .;(
* still very nervous, wasn’t confident at all *

V.O : good morning, let me have your ppt and I.20
Me: * passes it * “good morning” * with a crooked smile on my face *
V.O: So were in California are you going

Me: California State University Bakersfield

V.O To do what

Me: to obtain bachelors degree in criminal justice and law enforcement administration.

V.O; what did you do after sec sch edu .

ME: I did a diploma in political science at the university of Benin and afterwards went for a compulsory industrial training.

V.O: why didn’t you pursue a bachelors in the course you studied instead of criminal justice.

M.E; (freaks out a little , said something I don’t even remember)

V.O: * asked the question again *

Me: well i don’t know if it’s allowed to bring ones family problems to a visa interview, but here it goes ; in 2015 my mum was kidnapped and was almost killed, they were like plenty ways for the police to catch these people and save my mum but they didn’t because of the lack of literacy And technology we have at the Nigerian police force.
I’m pursuing the career in criminal justice and law enforcement administration not only to get involved with the shaping of crime policy in Nigeria but also to expose Nigeria to a technology based systems to catch criminals and bring them to Jistice .
V.O: * was nodding with a smile and was typing so fast too *
Felt a huge relief in my heart , then she brought the almighty white paper out and held my bank statement to confirm if it was original. p.s my aunty was sponsorer btw.
I couldn’t go in spring cos my visa came out late , it’s the schools fault though ?they didn’t send my 1.20 on time and now I’ll have to wait for fall ( a whole 8 months in this Naija �).
I just want to thank God and everyone that dropped their transcript here , I learnt a lot from you all and I’m so grateful. And to all the professors in the house , I’m sorry for the blunders and the improper use of my grammar and punctuations , I’m not perfect .
And I’m also open to making new friends, if you’re in California and would like to be friends when I come please HMU.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Curious101: 5:51am On May 03, 2019
OgbeniOptional:
Wow!!!! Congratulations, God bless your new journey. Where did you later went for your interview.

Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:54am On May 03, 2019
fcnaxo:
I am a 25 years old graduate with also a diploma certification in project management 2 years experience in the banking sector (General resource Management Team) and close to a year in Transport and Logistics Firm. I have submitted proposed transcripts here b4 I it has been analyzed. I have made a lot of changes and personalized my responses.
I

I prefer these responses so good there improvement . Continue to build from there. Some responses are still too long but as long as you bear in mind that interviews are usually 2 to 5 mins like i told you before so it highly unlikely that a Vo will give you time to say this long response before cutting you short so make sure you put your best response first.

Be confident in your delivery, smile and maintain good eye contact ... good to see Sap there as i work within that space. Continue working on your transcript and best of luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:04am On May 03, 2019
visiFisiMisi1:
@fairheart pls don't forget me

Still on this matter ... fairheart permission to transfer ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sammybtc(m): 7:06am On May 03, 2019
Hello all, please I have a statement of account (SOA) for a period of 3months (Jan-Mar), as against the 6months rule I have been hearing. Can I use it to apply for I20 and Visa(scheduled for June)?.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 7:09am On May 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I prefer these responses so good there improvement . Continue to build from there. Some responses are still too long but as long as you bear in mind that interviews are usually 2 to 5 mins like i told you before so it highly unlikely that a Vo will give you time to say this long response before cutting you short so make sure you put your best response first.

Be confident in your delivery, smile and maintain good eye contact ... good to see Sap there as i work within that space. Continue working on your transcript and best of luck
ohh sè Ma. Thank You
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 7:14am On May 03, 2019
sammybtc:
Hello all, please I have a statement of account (SOA) for a period of 3months (Jan-Mar), as against the 6months rule I have been hearing. Can I use it to apply for I20 and Visa(scheduled for June)?.
Thanks.
Bad idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Fractoggen(f): 7:17am On May 03, 2019
It could prove helpful resource for the people looking to get information on various topics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:23am On May 03, 2019
My school requested for SOA of at least three(3) months before sending my I-20 but it has to be the last three months(most current three months).
For the visa part, please why do you want to shoot yourself, with your own gun, with your own bullet shocked shocked shocked
sammybtc:
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bleuocean: 7:35am On May 03, 2019
hi everyone
please can I book appointment now without my SEVIS number, cos my I-20 will arrive on monday. and I dont know if to book appointment while I wait for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 7:39am On May 03, 2019
emhenzy:
Pls I need an affordable hotel close to US embassy around 8k. My interview is on Monday 06/05 in Lagos

Check new world hotel@ Obalende, its 6minutes Keke to Walter Carington

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:05am On May 03, 2019
sammybtc:
Thanks.

Yes you can use it for your i20. You can print a new SOA in June to make it 5months before going for your visa interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:07am On May 03, 2019
sharwama:
My school requested for SOA of at least three(3) months before sending my I-20 but it has to be the last three months(most current three months).
For the visa part, please why do you want to shoot yourself, with your own gun, with your own bullet shocked shocked shocked

I wonder how he is shooting himself shocked. He can actually use 3months statement of account and get his visa. He should make sure it's a current SOA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 8:21am On May 03, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 8:43am On May 03, 2019
I will keep scouting for scholarships
fairheart:
As you already know, I'll personally advice you to remove Columbia University from the list. I'll advice you stick with Baltimore or opt for Salisbury. That you were refused twice says nothing about your school, but maybe because of the tuition. You can still get your visa on Baltimore I-20. But it would have been more favorable if you get a scholarship of at least small amount, or a GA before you reapply. Why not pick other schools that are more affordable and try secure scholarship? I know it's not easy, but you could still look for other schools and apply, and yes, for fall 2019.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 8:45am On May 03, 2019
My parents can’t afford Columbia
Time2win:

Can you afford Columbia university fees? It's an ivy league university and can easily get you a visa if funds are sufficient
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 8:48am On May 03, 2019
I would work on getting a tuition waiver of some sort... Thanks
LagosismyHome:

Depends on what your long term plans are , the recruitment prospect, if you plan to come back to nigeria and most importantly if you have relevant work experience

I personally wont choose that degree except i plan to come back to Nigeria or have very strong work experience and would certainly not pay some of these tution. But AGAIN THAT ME NOT YOU

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 8:50am On May 03, 2019
I will do that or wait till fall 2020
fairheart:
How about looking at scholarships for international students, or departmental ones?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Milkshakes01(f): 8:51am On May 03, 2019
Negotiation and Columbia Resolution
bracelum:

What's the course at Columbia?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:29am On May 03, 2019
sammybtc:
Thanks.

You only use it for your I20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 9:36am On May 03, 2019
I was only worried because the statement he has is from Jan-March and his interview is in June and he didn't mention prospects of printing a current version by June in his question. I only wanted to draw his attention to that, maybe I just didn't choose the right language. I'm sorry, thank you for the clarity.
Time2win:

I wonder how he is shooting himself shocked. He can actually use 3months statement of account and get his visa. He should make sure it's a current SOA

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:38am On May 03, 2019
Milkshakes01:
I would work on getting a tuition waiver of some sort... Thanks

what your background work wise and education ..........why that course, I am curious .

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.