Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793406 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xcaper(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2019
The responses were so on point. Congratulations.
NoelJunior:
Good evening friends. I want to appreciate every member of this great platform. I’ve benefited immensely. I wish to share my Visa interview transcript (approved)
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning. Pass your Passport and I-20
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I’m going to the US to pursue a Doctorate degree in Computer Science at the Manhattan Campus of Kansas State University
VO: Why KSU?
Me: From my findings, KSU has a very high research activity status. In fact, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland and Security have designated the Centre for information of the University as a National Centre of Academic excellence in cyber defense research. The computer science three-pronged motto of world class faculty, world class education and world class research, coupled with the presence of three robust data science laboratories makes KSU a great platform for me to… (VO cuts in)
VO: Tell me about your background
Me: I hold a Bachelors of Science degree and majored in Statistics and Computer Science with a first class honors. I went further to study for Master of Science in Statistics
VO: So why are you going for a PhD in Computer Science?
Me: The world today is marked with an explosion of large volume of data, data that are potentially useful and informative but structurally complex and requires algorithms and techniques to determine the patterns/trends so as to aid effective decision making. I’d like to be a part of the research team that would develop novel techniques to unfold these complexities. I intend to achieve this by integrating my knowledge of statistics and computer programming
VO: Are you married?
Me: (Smiles) No, I’m not yet married
VO: Okaaaay, your Visa is approved. {She passed me a white paper and my from I-20}
Me: (Wider Smiles) Thank you
{Got an email the following day to pick up my passport at the address I chose on the visa application which also reflected on the white paper she gave me}

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I hope to read success stories in torrents. May God grant you uncommon favor in your interviews. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 7:12am On May 02, 2019
NoelJunior
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4gunners(m): 7:44am On May 02, 2019
Congrats NoelJunior.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2019
Good morning, I’d like you to run a mock interview with me @shawarma cuz I’ll be going in for my interview this month thanks .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deefav: 8:04am On May 02, 2019
Best201195:
Hello,

Is there anyone who applied to Alcorn State University for Fall 2019 ?

Undergraduate preferably.

Yes, I applied to Alcorn State University. I'm yet to get a reply though. Have you gotten one?

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been a silent reader for months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 8:38am On May 02, 2019
I cover myself with the blood of Texrem grin grin grin
I shield myself with the mantle of fairheart grin grin grin
Why ask for crayfish when you can have catfish?
I am not qualified to run a mock interview, I have no firsthand experience. Mesef dey find the kind visa like you and my interview don dey near finish too.
Please contact the gurus on this platform, I am still an apprentice grin grin grin
May the Triune force be with you!
Adekunmi28:
Good morning, I’d like you to run a mock interview with me @shawarma cuz I’ll be going in for my interview this month thanks .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mtope: 9:06am On May 02, 2019
Congratulations. You love to see other do well, keep it up.
NoelJunior:
Good evening friends. I want to appreciate every member of this great platform. I’ve benefited immensely. I wish to share my Visa interview transcript (approved)
Me: I’m going to the US to pursue a Doctorate degree in Computer Science at the Manhattan Campus of Kansas State University
Me: From my findings, KSU has a very high research activity status. In fact, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland and Security have designated the Centre for information of the University as a National Centre of Academic excellence in cyber defense research. The computer science three-pronged motto of world class faculty, world class education and world class research, coupled with the presence of three robust data science laboratories makes KSU a great platform for me to… (VO cuts in)
Me: I hold a Bachelors of Science degree and majored in Statistics and Computer Science with a first class honors. I went further to study for Master of Science in Statistics
Me: The world today is marked with an explosion of large volume of data, data that are potentially useful and informative but structurally complex and requires algorithms and techniques to determine the patterns/trends so as to aid effective decision making. I’d like to be a part of the research team that would develop novel techniques to unfold these complexities. I intend to achieve this by integrating my knowledge of statistics and computer programming
VO: Okaaaay, your Visa is approved. {She passed me a white paper and my from I-20}
{Got an email the following day to pick up my passport at the address I chose on the visa application which also reflected on the white paper she gave me}

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I hope to read success stories in torrents. May God grant you uncommon favor in your interviews. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 9:22am On May 02, 2019
Any one here apply to brown university? We’re you offered any type of funding? Either partial or full for this fall ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 9:22am On May 02, 2019
You and your sarcastic replies
sharwama:
I am not qualified to run a mock interview, I have no firsthand experience. Mesef dey find the kind visa like you and my interview don dey near finish too.
Please contact the gurus on this platform, I am still an apprentice grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pronto543(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2019
Good morning everyone.

I'm having problem continuing my DS-160 application. After entering location and code, it keeps redirecting me to travel.state.gov website on DS-160 Frequently Asked Questions.

Please, is anyone experiencing the same problem. I use Mozilla Firefox on my PC. I've refreshed the page severally and entered the website address https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

I eagerly await your responses. Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adekunmi28(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2019
Lol � it’s alright, please Texrem I’d like you to conduct one for me thanks.
sharwama:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 9:46am On May 02, 2019
Choi!
Shebi after entering location and the code, you use to press ENTER? That's the reason. It happened to me several times.
What's the way forward?
Simply put the code and scroll down to retrieve your application.
ENTER is the enemy, I repeat, ENTER is the enemy grin grin grin

pronto543:
Good morning everyone.

I'm having problem continuing my DS-160 application. After entering location and code, it keeps redirecting me to travel.state.gov website on DS-160 Frequently Asked Questions.

Please, is anyone experiencing the same problem. I use Mozilla Firefox on my PC. I've refreshed the page severally and entered the website address https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 9:48am On May 02, 2019
Omoyi oo gbadun rara oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pronto543(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2019
sharwama:
Choi!
Shebi after entering location and the code, you use to press ENTER? That's the reason. It happened to me several times.
What's the way forward?
Simply put the code and scroll down to retrieve your application.
ENTER is the enemy, I repeat, ENTER is the enemy grin grin grin

Thanks a million. I did as you said but had to restart the computer and it worked. Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 10:04am On May 02, 2019
Yaaaaay!!! Anytime grin
Have a productive day.

pronto543:

Thanks a million. I did as you said but had to restart the computer and it worked. Have a wonderful day!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LordSir1: 10:15am On May 02, 2019
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LordSir1: 10:26am On May 02, 2019
@lagosismyhome, @fairheart, @shawarma amd other gurus please help with my mock interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:57am On May 02, 2019
NoelJunior:

Congratulations!!! Go and Enjoy Trump land cheesy. Make us proud oo

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 10:57am On May 02, 2019
pronto543:
Good morning everyone.

Bro, How do pay for your Sevis fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2019
For everyone going for their visa interview, I wish you all success. We shall see more testimonies IJN kiss

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 11:25am On May 02, 2019
jossywayne:

Bro, How do pay for your Sevis fee?
hi.
sevis fee is payment is made by someone in the US.
Contact if u need help on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 11:26am On May 02, 2019
Ubah1:
For everyone going for their visa interview, I wish you all success. We shall see more testimonies IJN kiss
Amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:59am On May 02, 2019
sharwama:
Choi!

Madam sharwama your sense of humor and optimism are just out of this world. keep the encouragement coming and well done.
You have a fan already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by UnDefiled: 12:41pm On May 02, 2019
Sevis Express is very legit. I ended up paying my sevis fee through them and I have no regrets- they have a very professional customer support team and they delivered my receipt within an hour.

On a side note, I need help with a unique situation. My uncle will be sponsoring my studies in the US and he has provided me his bank statements. However he just confirmed that his bank balance is now reduced and about 30% less than the amount in the statement he sent to me. Would this be a red flag if verified by the Embassy?

mysweetsunshine:
I just got issued my I 20 form. How legit is sevisexpress.com website to pay for sevis fee?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nerdychukz: 12:59pm On May 02, 2019
Hello...I was admitted to bgsu and I need your help on some things
shayhune:

Unfortunately, I can't access the account I used for this NL account at the moment, hence my inability to respond to PMs. I'm glad you found this forum. There's a wealth of information here for free. Just keep following and reading past/present posts. In no time, your aspirations would be fulfilled.

Also, I can deduce from your previous question that you intend to fund your studying here in the US. Please don't. I've seen guys live miserable lives here all in the name of hustling to pay bills and tuition. Try to get some scholarship, even if it's just tuition waiver. That will go a long way in settling in easily when you eventually come over. I wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2019
Get in touch. Nothing more than a mock!
LordSir1:
@lagosismyhome, @fairheart, @shawarma amd other gurus please help with my mock interview

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2019
Her husband will be forever grateful to have her. A girl like this go make person laugh tire...Good soul!
Wretch32:
You and your sarcastic replies

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:15pm On May 02, 2019
Congrats! Love your moderate, yet deeply concise response to So why are you going for a PhD in Computer Science?

NoelJunior:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LordSir1: 1:24pm On May 02, 2019
fairheart:
Get in touch. Nothing more than a mock!
Thank you, I just sent you a pm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.