Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (793200 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:08pm On May 06, 2019
afeezzezo:
Any copy of statement of purpose?
Please i need it
what discipline?
beep my digits if ur going for MBA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:13pm On May 06, 2019
What does your "non-accredited schools" means?
And how do you think a school that has not meet educational standard of US Department of Education issue an i-20, with school code and registration date?
Brown2Green:

Non-accredited schools will be issued visa is what you mean?

I don't agree with you in this.

There are red flagged schools and Lincoln University is one of them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:13pm On May 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

Got a friend that got his visa approved going for Lincoln uni.
Red Flag or GREEN FLAG....Bro, i feel its just by God's grace.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:14pm On May 06, 2019
You are cool. Put yourself on a hot place and prepare for a good interview and get your visa. Best of luck!
Davidkking:

As in shey no be red flag?......nah im I wan use go embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:18pm On May 06, 2019
beejhay69:
Got a friend that got his visa approved going for Lincoln uni.
Red Flag or GREEN FLAG....Bro, i feel its just by God's grace.

Lol
Don't mislead people with this your "I know someone"

There's always a someone.

We have red flagged schools and the VO knows them.

I Don talk my own.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:21pm On May 06, 2019
Once a school is SEVP Certificated, it meets basic standard, and that is why they are allowed to issue i-20. This is not the same for program accreditation to teach certain program. For example, Council of Education for Public Health may not accredit/recognize a school public health program, yet the school have SEVP certification. A red school for me is a school that lack basic amenities a student needs to thrive academically. If the school is set, you may then say, "I want more than the basic", and go for high ranking schools. And by the way, some VO doesn't even understand the SEVP system some of them are employed to work with.
Brown2Green:

Non-accredited schools will be issued visa is what you mean?

I don't agree with you in this.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:21pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
What does your "non-accredited schools" means?
And how do you think a school that has not meet educational standard of US Department of Education issue an i-20, with school code and registration date?
You know the ASIC accreditation body right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2019
How do you know the VO knows? How many interviews have you had? And yes, I know someone in Lincoln, too. Na this same US embassy in Nigeria she got her visa. However, it is good to desire quality, better things in life. So, it is recommended you go for a school that has done well, into interesting research, have list of influential alumni, etc.

Did you read this or not? Time2win
Brown2Green:

Lol

I Don talk my own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:26pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
Once a school is SEVP Certificated, it meets basic standard, and that is why they are allowed to issue i-20. This is not the same for program accreditation to teach certain program. For example, Council of Education for Public Health may not accredit/recognize a school public health program, yet the school have SEVP certification. A red school for me is a school that lack basic amenities a student needs to thrive academically. If the school is set, you may then say, "I want more than the basic", and go for high ranking schools. And by the way, some VO doesn't even understand the SEVP system some of them are employed to work with.

I know a school that shares blocks with a strip club and it can issue I20.

You tell me that's not a red flag .

You sound like the VO are dummies. The worst mistake anyone would make is play with their intelligence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2019
ASIC is an independent international educational standards assessment agency based in the United Kingdom.
Brown2Green:

You know the ASIC accreditation body right?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:28pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
How do you know the VO knows? How many interviews have you had? And yes, I know someone in Lincoln, too. Na this same US embassy in Nigeria she got her visa. However, it is good to desire quality, better things in life. So, it is recommended you go for a school that has done well, into interesting research, have list of influential alumni, etc.

Don't encourage people to apply to this red flags school. Yes, some get visa with it and majority are refused. Good to avoid them than gambling with one's chances when getting the visa is already hard on its own.

Lincoln university, Virginia international university and many others are well known red flag schools

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:28pm On May 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

Lol

I Don talk my own.
well said VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:29pm On May 06, 2019
You're right. I have moved past this. The day you see a student get a visa with such i-20, you will understand the system is so big that you cannot predict 10% of its workings. Good day!
Brown2Green:

You sound like the VO are dummies. The worst mistake anyone would make is play with their intelligence.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:29pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
baba, i jus tire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2019
You have started. Did you read the whole comment or half?
Time2win:

Don't encourage people to apply to this red flags school. Yes, some get visa with it and majority are refused. Good to avoid them than gambling with one's chances when getting the visa is already hard on its own.

Lincoln university, Virginia international university and many others are well known red flag schools

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

You don't need to talk much on this, those that want to apply there should apply. It's their money, any outcome they get, they should accept it. Yours is to advise and move on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
You have started. Did you read the whole comment or half?

Yes, i read it all. You are saying there is no red flag schools in USA, it's quite ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:31pm On May 06, 2019
Time2win:

Thank you o!
I am shocked they don't know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2019
Time2win:

You don't need to talk much on this, those that want to apply there should apply. It's their money, any outcome they get, they should accept it. Yours is to advise and move on.

I just don't want the innocent ones to be entangled in the web of ignorance.

All these red flagged schools are mostly used by agents because admission is a seamless process.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:34pm On May 06, 2019
orimahspence:

How many times is someone allowed to rescheduled?
i've replied ur mail. kindly check to follow up.
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2019
It is painful you inject your very own personal meaning into things. This is one of the things I dislike. Go back to my comments from the beginning to the end.
Time2win:

Yes, i read it all. You are saying there is no red flag schools in USA, it's quite ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2019
grin cheesy

Brown2Green:

I just don't want the innocent ones to be entangled in the web of ignorance.

All these red flagged schools are mostly used by agents because admission is a seamless process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:37pm On May 06, 2019
Time2win:

Bro the way that Guy is painting it is like those schools are here in nigeria. The only reason VOs denied Visas is because of the thought that it’s only an unserious student that will go apply and want to attend those schools. But many have been able to prove to them that it’s their best fit and yes they were granted Visa.

To say that they are Red Flag doesn’t mean they are not Accredited like Bown2green was painting it. The I-20 is directly from the US homeland security database so how can a non accredited school issue the I-20 for an international student?

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:43pm On May 06, 2019
Predstan:

Bro the way that Guy is painting it is like those schools are here in nigeria. The only reason VOs denied Visas is because of the thought that it’s only an unserious student that will go apply and want to attend those schools. But many have been able to prove to them that it’s their best fit and yes they were granted Visa.

To say that they are Red Flag doesn’t mean they are not Accredited like Bown2green was painting it. The I-20 is directly from the US homeland security database so how can a non accredited school issue the I-20 for an international student?

Lol
So you don't know that a non-accredited school can issue I20?

grin grin grin
Go and check again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:44pm On May 06, 2019
When refusal is higher than approval for a school, the attention is placed on the school credibility. You need to learn how to respect people's view and understand they don't mean harm when you see comments here. I see this as your inability to read and understand things. "Don't encourage"; I am not encouraging people! I wonder why we have seen more than 2, 3, students at these universities if they are well known reg flags schools at the embassy. That is what I was asking. All the students I know that applied to St. Cloud State last year got denied. Just last month, a dude here was approved with St. Cloud I-20. Is St. Cloud a red flag? You are probably speaking for yourself. To avoid seeing my angry and saying things that may cut you, do avoid my comments from now on. Please!
Time2win:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2019
I ask, what does it mean for a school to be non-accredited?
Brown2Green:

Lol

grin grin grin
Go and check again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:48pm On May 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

Lol

grin grin grin
Go and check again

Cite an example. How do you know a non accredited school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
I ask, what does it mean for a school to be non-accredited?
A school is approved does not mean it is accredited. It means that the college can operate as a business in that state. Accredited colleges in the US meet the standards of a recognized reviewing agency. Accrediting agencies are private educational associations recognized by the government.

Everyone should be guided on this note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2019
Give us the school name. I hope you know this is a public forum? Give us the school name so we can check the school blocks classroom and the strip club next to it. Don't fail to do this.
Brown2Green:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:57pm On May 06, 2019
This is confusing. We are talking about how non-accreditation of a school (which would have mean all its academic programs) causes visa refusals at the embassy. This is where you guys came on board grin. Do you know how many schools in the US not accredited by CEPH, and yet they offer excellent MPH program, and students still get visa with their i-20s?
Brown2Green:

A school is approved does not mean it is accredited. It means that the college can operate as a business in that state. Accredited colleges in the US meet the standards of a recognized reviewing agency. Accrediting agencies are private educational associations recognized by the government.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
When refusal is higher than approval for a school, the attention is placed on the school credibility. You need to learn how to respect people's view and understand they don't mean harm when you see comments here. I see this as your inability to read and understand things. "Don't encourage"; I am not encouraging people! I wonder why we have seen more than 2, 3, students at these universities if they are well known reg flags schools at the embassy. That is what I was asking. All the students I know that applied to St. Cloud State last year got denied. Just last month, a dude here was approved with St. Cloud I-20. Is St. Cloud a red flag? You are probably speaking for yourself. To avoid seeing my angry and saying things that may cut you, do avoid my comments from now on. Please!

See, those schools are unserious schools, they can admit you with anything and their admission is very easy. Any serious student shouldn't be applying there. Agents use them alot cos admission is always sure. The way you are saying it will encourage people to even think of applying there. Some are lucky to get visa with it doesn't make it a good school. There are red flag schools that's what am saying.

Here is a public foreign and you can't stop me from saying my view on your post. If you don't like what i said, you can skip it.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
This is confusing. We are talking about how non-accreditation of a school (which would have mean all its academic programs) causes visa refusals at the embassy. This is where you guys came on board grin. Do you know how many schools in the US not accredited by CEPH, and yet they offer excellent MPH program, and students still get visa with their i-20s?

Well I am very sure you're not in Lincoln or Virginia International.
So I rest my case.

The ones that seek the easy way out will come back and tell the story.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.